Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,324 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:20 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (434) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (866479 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Senatorkolade: 4:01pm On May 07, 2019
Oluwaseunbd:
Thank you all for the congratulatory messages

Paper route-13th Feb
Biometrics-15th march(i didnt do it when I submitted my application because I had done it before last year and I thought I would not have to do it again)
Medical request-8th April
Medical done-17th April
Medical updated to passed-19th April
Biometrics correspondence letter-23rd April
Approval-7th may

Documents submitted-all cic documents
Hubby's company documents
LOA
Hubby n I joint acct SOA
Hubby company SOA
SOP
Transcript
Employment letter
House document

Sch-Nova Scotia community college Sept 2019
I thank God for his favour
Congrats
More approvals to come.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sillysassysally(f): 4:05pm On May 07, 2019
All the best bro!
It shall end in praise!

Nonso16:
Good afternoon House and Congratulations to those who got their Visa applications Approved.
Yeah, A big shoutout to Qudkom for his support and genuine love..... A true hero I STAN

Re-Application
Application date: 6/05/2019
Online Route
Up front Medical at IOM
NO BIOMETRIC

Resumption Date: 9th September 2019

God bless you guys
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by bennyg24(m): 4:07pm On May 07, 2019
Congrats to all that got TRV approved!
Anyone got university of Windsor admission in the house? How did you pay your tuition deposit?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by nwugon(f): 4:13pm On May 07, 2019
Please from the guys that got approval Congratulations, which one came first eligibility review or medical request?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by nwugon(f): 4:14pm On May 07, 2019
Senatorkolade:

About to make decision.
When did she apply?
Feb 20th. Please does Eligibility review come before medical request?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Oluwaseunbd(f): 4:22pm On May 07, 2019
Eligibility review came first
nwugon:
Please from the guys that got approval Congratulations, which one came first eligibility review or medical request?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Tlontin(m): 4:25pm On May 07, 2019
sillysassysally:
lol
no be approval na

yes it’s not but it gives hope. I haven’t heard anything from them ooo, yet I applied earlier April. sad
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by zsuby: 4:26pm On May 07, 2019
Hello gurus. Please can I Send letter of travel sponsorship and sponsor's bank statements as an update to my application via webform? I omitted these docs during my application thinking they weren't necessary. Gurus...biko... I'll appreciate your pieces of advice
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by nwugon(f): 4:28pm On May 07, 2019
Oluwaseunbd:
Eligibility review came first
okay thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Senatorkolade: 4:32pm On May 07, 2019
nwugon:

Feb 20th. Please does Eligibility review come before medical request?
Eligibility first
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by TheAfrikan: 4:37pm On May 07, 2019
Bracha:
In what way(s) did the person say province of choice plays a role?

Hello...

It was a passing statement, I was curious as to why two people would provide almost the same papers but one would be delayed and another approved... So, one of the things I was told was the Province you apply to plays a part in the process to... No particular reasons though... I had gotten my TRV so I didn't dwell much on the subject...

I just wanted to throw it to the house so as to facilitate better perspective on the matter for future applicants.

I'm not 100% confident about this but we could research on it......

Thank you.....

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Oladimejii(m): 4:41pm On May 07, 2019
Congratulations!

Schonebaby:
Wow! What a day!
Approval ALERT Guys.....
I'll update my timeline soon....I'm so freaking excited
Thank you so much for your immense help on this forum
Every one I can't start mentioning @Frank @Juleskiki @Sally @Qudkom @JustMellow @Oluwaseunbd @kinky @Viber @Austacus @every other person not mentioned.
Thank you Jesus for making a somebody out of a nobody!!!!
#nomorehardfeelingsoooo #approvalissweet
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Oladimejii(m): 4:41pm On May 07, 2019
Congratulations!

Oluwaseunbd:
Approval alert !!!
Update later....

Thank you nairaland family for the advice and words of encouragement
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Josade69: 4:43pm On May 07, 2019
Hello house, please can I book an appointment for medicals just after my biometrics? I don't want to wait till when the mail instructing me to do my medicals arrives, as it will take longer for me to get an appointment.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by kcosam: 5:18pm On May 07, 2019
Schonebaby:
I submitted on March 14 via paper route. No update till last week 24th April, when I suddenly got my medicals passed and biometrics validity correspondence letter.
Approval - 7th May

The documents I submitted with the Imm forms:
Admission letter (Queen’s University; PhD)
Funding letter from university ( 25,900 CAD yearly)
I added my mum’s account of about 1 million....and added her fixed deposit certificate on second thought (2 million).
Her letter indicating support to cover my airfare cost + early settling down costs.
Mum’s passport
2 Previous Internship letters in research institutes
Previous passport and visa stamp (trip was for research purpose)
Posting letter (Npower)
Transcripts + Certificates
Paper publication
TOEFL + GRE score reports
Detailed SOP
Police report
Marriage certificate and Change of Name +husband's passport

That’s about all....I held on to Mark 11:24. I return all glory to God.
I really wish every TRV hopeful the best!
Thank you for sharing and Congrats again. Please did you do biometrics on the same day of submission? Did you do upfront medical? And when is the resumption date?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by zsuby: 5:22pm On May 07, 2019
zsuby:
Hello gurus. Please can I Send letter of travel sponsorship and sponsor's bank statements as an update to my application via webform? I omitted these docs during my application thinking they weren't necessary. Gurus...biko... I'll appreciate your pieces of advice
Please guys, kindly help with my question, biko
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 5:23pm On May 07, 2019
Congratulations to schonebaby and oluwaseunbd
The God that did it for you girls will do it to all the TRV hopefuls in this reputable thread.

Schonebaby, last year we had a woman like you that helps us with prayer and word of encouragement ( her handle is @goingforwad she's now in maple land )

To all TRV hopefuls, your approval shall locate you.
Amen

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 5:25pm On May 07, 2019
Bracha:
Yes, really.

It's not their business how you made the money - If they want to know, they can check your statement of account. Their business is to ascertain your eligibility to be and study in Canada, considering different factors. As for the financial factor, all they care to know is if the money in the account you submitted can cater for your studies and if it'd be available to you when needed

My opinion tho.

Thanks for clarifying. Do you mean to say you didn't show any sort of financial documents or supporting document to buttress your financial status or proof of funds(bank statement) as to show your source of income?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by westlife08: 5:26pm On May 07, 2019
I tend to disagree with you on this. Showing the source of funds in your account will DEFINITELY strengthen your chances of getting visa approval.I got a UK visa denial about two years ago and the reason the visa officer gave was that i didn't provide evidence of transactions that resulted in the balance in my company account. Since then, i have always included those evidences in all my applications( since i have them anyway and it doesn't cost me anything to include them).

In addition, a friend recently migrated to Canada via the Entrepreneurship route, the source of all the monies he transferred were thoroughly verified before he got his approval

I am not saying one can't get approval without showing evidence of source of funds, but if you can get it pls include it in your application. It will certainly makes things easier.

Bracha:
Yes, really.

It's not their business how you made the money - If they want to know, they can check your statement of account. Their business is to ascertain your eligibility to be and study in Canada, considering different factors. As for the financial factor, all they care to know is if the money in the account you submitted can cater for your studies and if it'd be available to you when needed

My opinion tho.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Oluwaseunbd(f): 5:31pm On May 07, 2019
Thank you
Austacus:
Congratulations to schonebaby and oluwaseunbd
The God that did it for you girls will do it to all the TRV hopefuls in this reputable thread.

Schonebaby, last year we had a woman like you that helps us with prayer and word of encouragement ( her handle is @goingforwad she's now in maple land )

To all TRV hopefuls, your approval shall locate you.
Amen

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 5:33pm On May 07, 2019
Here are the financial documents I submitted:
Proof of part tuition payment, statement of account of my third party sponsor, financial support letter from my supervisor, land document for my parent.

JustMellow:

Thanks for clarifying. Do you mean to say you didn't show any sort of financial documents or supporting document to buttress your financial status or proof of funds(bank statement) as to show your source of income?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 5:35pm On May 07, 2019
nalizzzy:

I meant I cant lie and fill the worker's questionnaire
1.No
2. 2years
4. am the last my mum has 6mill in fixed and 5mill in her savings account
5. yes
6. dnt have anything to explain. studied library science. volunteer at a library. going to study library science. mum sponsor.no gap. did not want to implicate and confuse the VO

I wouldn't want to continue dragging this issue with you but just keep thanking God for a successful application if it has been approved, as it won't be appropriate to use your application to advise others not to fill in their employment histories in the IMM form.

Wish you luck in your endeavours!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 5:42pm On May 07, 2019
Bracha:
Please how do you know this? You sound so sure of this information you're giving out.

Yes I am. You can as well do an extensive research on it too.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 5:46pm On May 07, 2019
So, I'll try to unpack what you wrote:
You applied to the UK some years ago, was refused, now you include that document in every application.

A friend went through the entrepreneurship route and was asked to show proof of source of funds, so it's a document for that route.

But, you forget that you mentioned two things different from a Canadian study permit. The UK isn't Canada in this stead, and entrepreneurial route isn't student route. Also, according to the documents stated on the IRCC website, source of funds isn't a requirement. If one wants to include it, no p, but saying it like it's a compulsory document to include is wrong.

I said "It's not their business how you made the money - If they want to know, they can check your statement of account", and I still stand by that statement because if it were they'd have requested proof and also added on their website that it was a required document.

Like I always say, everyone should do what makes them comfortable when applying, because they aren't applying for anyone but themselves.

westlife08:
I tend to disagree with you on this. Showing the source of funds in your account will DEFINITELY strengthen your chances of getting visa approval.I got a UK visa denial about two years ago and the reason the visa officer gave was that i didn't provide evidence of transactions that resulted in the balance in my company account. Since then, i have always included those evidences in all my applications( since i have them anyway and it doesn't cost me anything to include them).

In addition, a friend recently migrated to Canada via the Entrepreneurship route, the source of all the monies he transferred were thoroughly verified before he got his approval

I am not saying one can't get approval without showing evidence of source of funds, but if you can get it pls include it in your application. It will certainly makes things easier.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Stonecoldsteve: 5:48pm On May 07, 2019
Please are you speaking of the UK student visa? When I did my master's, they weren't really bothered how you got the funds for your living expenses so far you held it in your account one month before applying.
westlife08:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Thaiwohuthy: 5:49pm On May 07, 2019
Is it compulsory to add transcript
Cos am yet to finish school
Going for a new program
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 5:49pm On May 07, 2019
Please point me to credible references.
Thank you.

JustMellow:

Yes I am. You can as well do an extensive research on it too.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 5:51pm On May 07, 2019
Suspect33:
bro, can a graduate of marketing, apply for masters in accounting and finance?

The most important thing is If you can show the correlation and relation between both courses or a progression in a choice program is what actually counts.

I think Marketing and Account relates, just be convincing on why the selected course.

Good luck!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Alkidam(m): 5:56pm On May 07, 2019
Please anybody in the house who can be of help. I intend to do post baccauleaurate in business in thompson rivers. And i have cgpa of 2.70 out of 5.0 from my first degree. Is therre any chance please house?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 6:14pm On May 07, 2019
Bracha:
Please point me to credible references.
Thank you.

Google is always a starting point.

(1) (2) (3) ... (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) ... (546)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.