Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,443 members, 7,816,020 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (509) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (865806 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (506) (507) (508) (509) (510) (511) (512) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Philomathhh(m): 8:10pm On May 28, 2019
emmaxman:
Good evening my good people, I just started my sister's online application. I followed the step by step procedure in the thread but I seems not to get the checklist code.
This is what I have : pix attached. Pls help me retrace my step. Thanks.

Forms not displaying even after downloading adobe reader. Pls help

There are certain versions of Adobe reader that can read the file. Try with Adode Reader X or the one with Adode Reader DC.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by obainojazz(m): 8:10pm On May 28, 2019
Ibitowaoa:
Hello house, pls I have been notified to come for biometrics.
Do I make an appointment or I should just go?. Also, I will like to know the address where the biometrics is been administered.
Thanks.
You need to book an appointment or they won't allow you in.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Ayomiposi2020: 8:11pm On May 28, 2019
Thanks alot. I will check the schools out and apply if they have my course.

Thanks
quote author=Naijaforeigner post=78798745]Freeworld321 I sight you boss.

Xtianengr you can get admission from Nigeria or in Canada. Once you have your visa, even if a program says closed on any of the websites, call the college and tell them you have your visa. Most programs that indicate closed, they factor in time to process visa for international students. So even if a school tells you admission is closed, call and let them know you have your visa but only thinking of changing school. I know colleges admit people even when admission says closed provided they still have seats on that program. Colleges do this a lot but not sure about Universities.

However, I strongly recommend you are in Canada before you notify CIC because at the POE, if you show them a new LOA, they may ask why you changed school most especially if it is cheaper than the initial school for which you were given your visa. They will drill you

You can get admission for another school from Nigeria, get into Canada before notifying your former school and CIC you want to change school.

Ayomiposi2020 Kcosam and Xtianengr I think Newfoundland university collects 2k per semester (6K in a year). It also depends if they have your program.

Please find out if the school/college you has flexible payment plans. This will help.

Newbrunswick community college is another cheap school - I think it is less than 6k CAD for some programs, please find out.

Brandon University is another cheap school.

I know Sleekysoft attend Newfoundland university.

[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Ibitowaoa: 8:22pm On May 28, 2019
Pls how do I book appointment for my biometrics pls.. pls any detailed step
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by ghabrhiel10: 8:28pm On May 28, 2019
Ibitowaoa:

Book for biometrics I'm hearing this for the first time. Pls has the system changed?. When my biometric request letter Came through, I just walked into the VAC the following day and did mine
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by ghabrhiel10: 8:30pm On May 28, 2019
I received a correspondence letter for biometric validity today, is this a good sign? Medical was requested too, done and updated to passed last week

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Ibitowaoa: 8:42pm On May 28, 2019
Ok pls should I just walk down to the biometrics center to have it done or I need to book an appointment? Also, where is the biometrics administered? Lagos Address pls.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by obainojazz(m): 8:43pm On May 28, 2019
ghabrhiel10:

Book for biometrics I'm hearing this for the first time. Pls has the system changed?. When my biometric request letter Came through, I just walked into the VAC the following day and did mine
It's no longer that way, now you have to book an appointment.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Kishkosh: 8:46pm On May 28, 2019
Ayomiposi2020:
Yes I experienced No result found aswell. I think its a general problem.

Nkquote author=Philomathhh post=78782974]Hello guys,

Is it normal to get a mail from cic prompting you to check your portal for a new message, and only for you to login to realize that there's no message in there?

How long does it usually take to be called for medical examination?

Lastly, does anyone tracking ID indicate "No result found"?

mine is saying no record found.

@sillysassysally, pls, was your recently approved application online or paper. i applied online and i have not been able to track my CALAPPT ..... regarding my submiited passport.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Ibitowaoa: 8:48pm On May 28, 2019
How do I book an appointment?
obainojazz:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by obainojazz(m): 8:50pm On May 28, 2019
Ibitowaoa:
How do I book an appointment?
Go to their website
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Anamekele: 8:52pm On May 28, 2019
Ibitowaoa:
Please just go there on time. You don't need to book appointment for biometrics.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JummyFash: 9:01pm On May 28, 2019
ghabrhiel10:
I received a correspondence letter for biometric validity today, is this a good sign? Medical was requested too, done and updated to passed last week
You are getting close.congrats in advance..wait for your ppr if it’s online route.Once again congrats in advance

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Tlontin(m): 9:01pm On May 28, 2019
ghabrhiel10:
Congrats!!! When was your medical updated to pass? .. you might get your PPR tomorrow!! Congrats once again

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by ghabrhiel10: 9:12pm On May 28, 2019
Tlontin:

Congrats!!! When was your medical updated to pass? .. you might get your PPR tomorrow!! Congrats once again

On Wednesday 22, I pray so. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Tlontin(m): 9:17pm On May 28, 2019
ghabrhiel10:

On Wednesday 22, I pray so. Thanks
Got mine in 21st. Nothing yet afterward. Lol
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sleekysoft(m): 9:19pm On May 28, 2019
You are right depends on program but guess what I am pay $1600 per semester no special fee.. and $500 for that association, insurance, campus fee bla bla bla

toysleek:

Memorial University is not as cheap as people think
.Most Msc courses have some special fees attached to them on the minimum expense form.I applied for a year Msc and the sch fee is 17,500Cad.Some are way higher..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sleekysoft(m): 9:19pm On May 28, 2019
You are right depends on program but guess what I am pay $1600 per semester no special fee.. and $500 for that association, insurance, campus fee bla bla bla

toysleek:

Memorial University is not as cheap as people think
.Most Msc courses have some special fees attached to them on the minimum expense form.I applied for a year Msc and the sch fee is 17,500Cad.Some are way higher..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 9:19pm On May 28, 2019
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sleekysoft(m): 9:20pm On May 28, 2019
So sorry I can’t Pm you.. please do The needful by writhing me and asking me questions .. thank you
chisongozi:

Are you in Memorial Uni, if yes I will be there too in a couple of months by the special grace of God. Pls can you pm me I want to find out about certain things in the school. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Ayomiposi2020: 9:20pm On May 28, 2019
Hello please can someone guide me through the process of getting GICM note.

Thanks alot
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Deane: 9:20pm On May 28, 2019
That's not true. You don't have to book beforehand. As a matter of fact, even if you book online you will still be given a number based on when you arrived at VFS, not whether you booked online or not.

obainojazz:
You need to book an appointment or they won't allow you in.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 9:22pm On May 28, 2019
Hello,
Just go with your international passport and the letter of notification for the biometric submission.
You're to go to VFS Global
Manor Hall, Ikate Roundabout,
Lekki, Lagos.
For a more detailed address please check on Google.

Ibitowaoa:
Hello house, pls I have been notified to come for biometrics.
Do I make an appointment or I should just go?. Also, I will like to know the address where the biometrics is been administered.
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Hopeful2019: 9:23pm On May 28, 2019
Hi,

Application submitted: March 21
Biometrics done: March 22
Upfront Medical Updated to "passed" : May 7
Biometrics Correspondence Letter: May 13
Program: PhD Forest Sciences
Previous Degrees: Bsc (Forestry), MSc (Forestry)
School resumes: September, 2019

I have not received any updates from cic after receiving my BCL. I raised a web form and I have sent a mail to Nairobi on 23rd of May, 2019 but I have not received any response from them too. Kindly suggest possible approach.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 9:24pm On May 28, 2019
Yes, it is a good sign if medical is requested. Congratulations in advance on your visa approval and subsequent issuance.

ghabrhiel10:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Hopeful2019: 9:25pm On May 28, 2019
Hi,

Application submitted: March 21
Biometrics done: March 22
Upfront Medical Updated to "passed" : May 7
Biometrics Correspondence Letter: May 13
Program: PhD Forest Sciences
Previous Degrees: Bsc (Forestry), MSc (Forestry)
School resumes: September, 2019

My application is now on 10th weeks.

I have not received any updates from cic after receiving my BCL. I raised a web form and I have sent a mail to Nairobi on 23rd of May, 2019 but I have not received any response from them too. Kindly suggest possible approach.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 9:25pm On May 28, 2019
For biometrics submission at VFS Global? When did this rule come to be please?

obainojazz:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by obainojazz(m): 9:28pm On May 28, 2019
Bracha:
Please this is not true. An appointment isn't required for biometric submission or any other submission at a visa application center (VAC).

I submitted last week, they told everyone without an appointment to go back.. My friend submitted the next day, the same thing happened... They said that's the new rule..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by obainojazz(m): 9:29pm On May 28, 2019
Deane:
That's not true. You don't have to book beforehand. As a matter of fact, even if you book online you will still be given a number based on when you arrived at VFS, not whether you booked online or not.

Don't mislead people with this it's not true, you can ask anybody that submitted from last week.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 9:36pm On May 28, 2019
Okay. On checking their website I saw that booking is necessary for biometrics. But, people have done theirs without booking, I wonder what is wrong with those at the gate. Hopefully the new rule will be enforced and everyone will get the same treatment.

Thanks for the clarification.

obainojazz:
I submitted last week, they told everyone without an appointment to go back.. My friend submitted the next day, the same thing happened... They said that's the new rule..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 9:44pm On May 28, 2019
For those applying for their visas online, you'll have to book an appointment for biometrics submission. I just checked the VFS Global website - it's written on the home page of the site.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Deane: 9:51pm On May 28, 2019
That rule must have been put in place by the gatemen. Cause even the VFS website states that booking an appointment is optional, and walk-in clients are very welcome. However, since no one loses anything by booking online beforehand. I mean It's free of charge. So they can just schedule an appointment online just to be on the safe side.

obainojazz:

(1) (2) (3) ... (506) (507) (508) (509) (510) (511) (512) ... (546)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.