Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,714 members, 7,809,704 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:36 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (514) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (862801 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (511) (512) (513) (514) (515) (516) (517) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sillysassysally(f): 10:00pm On May 29, 2019
Wow congrats!!!! Such an amazing story!
ruthnnedi:
Approved!!!

Online application

Applied 3/6/2018
Biometric 5/6/2018
Medical 25/2/2019
Passport request 3/4/2019
Passport received 19/4/2019

My husband got admission into university of Alberta for his masters, he applied for study visa and I applied to accompanying him.

Our application lasted for 10 months plus ... We even forgot about our application and moved on with our lives.

Then I took in (pregnant).
To cut the long story short!! We traveled on the 23rd/4/2019 to Canada. I was 38 weeks pregnant (9 months plus) then, I made up my mind to travel and God on my side the journey was very smooth!! There was no immigration issue etc.

I delivered on 3rd of this month. My baby is now Canadian citizen.

June, July and August 2018 applicants that are still waiting please keep your faith alive because it will only delay but not deny. Thank you all

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by 4evaco: 10:18pm On May 29, 2019
Urgent Help Needed Please

4evaco:
Hi all, good evening. I intend to apply together with my toddler who is a US citizen. Please does anyone know how I can add her to my application? I don google tire abeg I need your help. Thank you.

Hi all. I have still not been able to get a clear direction on how to go about this issue. I have contacted Lagos CIC and I was told my daughter doesn't need a visa. I sent another email asking them if she needs to do medicals since she has been in Nigeria for more than 6 months but no reply till now.

My cousin who lives in Canada helped me contact CIC there and was also told that my daughter doesn't need a visa, however, she will need ETA -electronic travel authorisation because she will be staying longer than 6 months which is the maximum duration an American can stay in Canada without a visa except he/she applies for extension. The CIC customer service agent sent one IRCC link about ETA for more details. I have gone through the link but when I entered my daughter's information, I got the feedback that she doesn't need ETA as a US citizen. As it stands now, I am confused. So, I am desperately seeking guidance from anyone who has had a similar case as I intend to submit my application this week. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Kishkosh: 11:58pm On May 29, 2019
sillysassysally:
How are you imputing the tracking ID?

20190527CALAPPT*****

and my DOB underneath

Am I right ma?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Biot34: 1:51am On May 30, 2019
Good day gurus I have gotten my gcms note today, pls the house how can I go about it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Tlontin(m): 2:39am On May 30, 2019
Biot34:
Good day gurus I have gotten my gcms note today, pls the house how can I go about it?
Paste it here
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by prinzeindygo: 4:44am On May 30, 2019
Hello gurus whats d solution to tracking showing no record found ??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 4:57am On May 30, 2019
4evaco:

Hi all. I have still not been able to get a clear direction on how to go about this issue. I have contacted Lagos CIC and I was told my daughter doesn't need a visa. I sent another email asking them if she needs to do medicals since she has been in Nigeria for more than 6 months but no reply till now.

My cousin who lives in Canada helped me contact CIC there and was also told that my daughter doesn't need a visa, however, she will need ETA -electronic travel authorisation because she will be staying longer than 6 months which is the maximum duration an American can stay in Canada without a visa except he/she applies for extension. The CIC customer service agent sent one IRCC link about ETA for more details. I have gone through the link but when I entered my daughter's information, I got the feedback that she doesn't need ETA as a US citizen. As it stands now, I am confused. So, I am desperately seeking guidance from anyone who has had a similar case as I intend to submit my application this week. Thank you.

Hello. An eta is a very fast process for visa exempt countries and costs a refundable $85 should incase it was refused. The eta is also sent to your email once approved. If you tried applying for your child and was told she doesn't require one then print out the notification and present it at the poe in Canada. Also as a USA citizen she can stay in canada for 6months without a visa ideally. so worse case scenario you apply for her there.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Anamekele: 5:21am On May 30, 2019
Praise God forever. Congratulations.
ruthnnedi:
Approved!!!

Online application

Applied 3/6/2018
Biometric 5/6/2018
Medical 25/2/2019
Passport request 3/4/2019
Passport received 19/4/2019

My husband got admission into university of Alberta for his masters, he applied for study visa and I applied to accompanying him.

Our application lasted for 10 months plus ... We even forgot about our application and moved on with our lives.

Then I took in (pregnant).
To cut the long story short!! We traveled on the 23rd/4/2019 to Canada. I was 38 weeks pregnant (9 months plus) then, I made up my mind to travel and God on my side the journey was very smooth!! There was no immigration issue etc.

I delivered on 3rd of this month. My baby is now Canadian citizen.

June, July and August 2018 applicants that are still waiting please keep your faith alive because it will only delay but not deny. Thank you all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by kvbenjamin44(f): 6:26am On May 30, 2019
I need advice
i studied public health in nigeria as first degree, now I got admission to study health studies in canada also for a bsc degree.
alot of people are saying I won't be given a visa because I already have a bsc for similar course.
secondly Is there any role agents play in visa application?
because I submitted and went through the process myself.
Moreso is there anyone admitted into university of regina for fall 2019. I will like us to meet
documents submitted are
bank statement of sponsor and myself
birth certificate
police character
testimonials
transcript of previous university
degree cert
English proficiency result
waec
company and land doc of sponsor
sponsor I.D
sponsor reference letter
sponsor affidavit of sponsorship
employment letter
nysc discharge
sop
Canada immigration docx
passport page
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Tlontin(m): 7:10am On May 30, 2019
ppppppppppppppprrrrrrrrrrr

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Tvickie(f): 7:12am On May 30, 2019
congrats
Tlontin:

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by abusmanlouis: 7:19am On May 30, 2019
Tlontin:

Congrattttttttt, felicitationnnnn

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by abusmanlouis: 7:20am On May 30, 2019
Tlontin:

Congra, felicitation

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by AAO7(f): 7:38am On May 30, 2019
Congratulations!!!
Tlontin:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Evankc(m): 7:53am On May 30, 2019
Tlontin:

You finally got your approval . Congratulations smileysmileycheesycheesy . Now you can start making arrangment on which airline and date to go with . smiley cheesy wink cheesy
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by OptimusPrime21: 8:11am On May 30, 2019
Biot34:

Go to page 46,47,48 dats the likely pages u will see the vo's comments on your application

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by kcosam: 8:14am On May 30, 2019
Tlontin:
Wow, congratulations, please share your timeline and profile with us so we can learn a thing or two from your case. Congrats again!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by kcosam: 8:24am On May 30, 2019
4evaco:

ETA is usually issued to citizens of countries exempted from Canadian visa such as the USA. If they CIC sent you any correspondence mail stating that your daughter does not need a visa to enter Canada, all you need to do is to print out such letter and present it at POE, and you can also apply and get her ETA at the POE. or better still you can apply for her ETA from within canada before the expiration of her 6months free stay.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by ghabrhiel10: 8:31am On May 30, 2019
Tlontin:

Congratulations man!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by TOMSY(f): 9:18am On May 30, 2019
Good morning guys. Please I completed my NYSC last year November, and I've not been employed since then.

On the Imm1294e form, where i'm supposed to fill my current and previous employment /activities for the past 10 years, should I leave the first part (current employment) blank (type N/A) or add that i'm helping out in my father's small scale agro-business, even though the business isn't registered?

Thanks in advance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Tlontin(m): 9:29am On May 30, 2019
kcosam:

Wow, congratulations, please share your timeline and profile with us so we can learn a thing or two from your case. Congrats again!
Of course very soon. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Oluwaseunbd(f): 9:37am On May 30, 2019
Congratulations smiley
Tlontin:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by kvbenjamin44(f): 9:55am On May 30, 2019
I need advice
i studied public health in nigeria as first degree, now I got admission to study health studies in canada also for a bsc degree.
alot of people are saying I won't be given a visa because I already have a bsc for similar course.
secondly Is there any role agents play in visa application?
because I submitted and went through the process myself.
Moreso is there anyone admitted into university of regina for fall 2019. I will like us to meet
documents submitted are
bank statement of sponsor and myself
birth certificate
police character
testimonials
transcript of previous university
degree cert
English proficiency result
waec
company and land doc of sponsor
sponsor I.D
sponsor reference letter
sponsor affidavit of sponsorship
employment letter
nysc discharge
sop
Canada immigration docx
passport page
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Samuelpluto: 10:10am On May 30, 2019
orlahtohbadt:
Admission no be problem. I can start an agency myself and use this your catch phrase. Admission is the least one should be concerned with, Visa approval is the most one should be concerned with. Agent stuff is just to let people part ways with money they would have used in processing a visa. Please everyone reading, you can apply to schools yourself, it costs just 100 -120 CAD for an application or sometimes even less. This is equivalent to 28k or a little above that. Agents will collect like 100-150k for admission only. It turns me off. Been there done that, I don't want anybody going that route. Well, if you insist, you can go on with them.

you don spoil market for then them. I always wonder y people spend money on agents.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by MsJu: 10:16am On May 30, 2019
Tlontin:

Of course very soon. Thanks
congratulations!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by ralfudoh(m): 10:21am On May 30, 2019
Congrats
Tlontin:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by AyoPrudence(m): 10:21am On May 30, 2019
Samuelpluto:

you don spoil market for then them. I always wonder y people spend money on agents.

Because of the fear of reading page 1 to 500...lol

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Mijac: 10:23am On May 30, 2019
Tlontin:

Congrats. Thank be to God .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by AyoPrudence(m): 10:23am On May 30, 2019
Congratulations cheesy
The God that did yours will do mine too. Amen
Tlontin:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by ralfudoh(m): 10:23am On May 30, 2019
One agent asked me for $500 for admission, I was playing along, he didn't know I have submitted my passport for stamping already. They just rip pple apart.
orlahtohbadt:
Admission no be problem. I can start an agency myself and use this your catch phrase. Admission is the least one should be concerned with, Visa approval is the most one should be concerned with. Agent stuff is just to let people part ways with money they would have used in processing a visa. Please everyone reading, you can apply to schools yourself, it costs just 100 -120 CAD for an application or sometimes even less. This is equivalent to 28k or a little above that. Agents will collect like 100-150k for admission only. It turns me off. Been there done that, I don't want anybody going that route. Well, if you insist, you can go on with them.

(1) (2) (3) ... (511) (512) (513) (514) (515) (516) (517) ... (546)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.