Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,962 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:16 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (70) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (865778 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by jnyuwa02: 12:30am On Nov 03, 2018
deboskie:
The rate at which paper route applications are being refused in the past 3 months is alarming. It is more than 90% refusal from those VO in Kenya and almost the same generic reasons ticked for everyone. So don't feel bad about the outcome of your application but try to re-strategies and re-fire. You may order for your GCMS note for more information on the reasons for your refusal.

Did you write SOP/LOE in your refused application? If you did or didn't, in this new application I will advice you write it to address the VO concerns and also present yourself as a geniune student that will return back to Nigeria after your study. Link your first degree with your intended program, talk about your work experience and why you need this program at this time in your career. What are your employment prospects back in Nigeria after your study in Canada. Why did you choose Canada and the school for your intended program and not undertake such program in Nigeria (your goals and expectations). Talk about your home ties and assets in Nigeria, your travel history (Include documents as evidence of whatever you claim to have or wherever you have traveled to). Also, you need to explain why your sponsor decides to sponsor you, what would he/she gain from paying such amount for your education? Your sponsor needs to write a convincing letter too explaining his/her decision to sponsor you, how many dependant does he/she has? his/her source of income and proof of financial capability. Affidavit of support is adviceable too if your sponsor is not your immediate family member. You need proof of relationship with your sponsor.

-Insufficient funds: How many years is your program? As a self sponsor you need to show funds in your account that would be enough for your tuituon fee and living expenses for the entire duration of your program. I will advice you let your co-sponsor transfer into your account whatever amount he/she would be sponsoring you with. Also, if there is any lump sum of money in your account before printing your statement of account try to explain the source and reason for the funds in your LOE. If you can work on this the issue of insufficeint funds will disappear.

-Travel History: A lot of people have gotten their visa without having traveled before and moreseo, I have not come across of anyone refused mainly because of travel history. So, this is not a serious issue. All you should do is to just mentioned it in your LOE that you have traveled to which ever countries you went to and add your schengen visa stamp page to your application.

-Purpose of visit: As I said above, try to link your first degree to your work experience and to your intended program in Canada (dont assume the VO would know they are related). What are the reasons going for this program in Canada and not in Nigeria? What are your goals and expectations going for your program? Justify your true intention is to study alone and return back to Nigeria to add value to your country.

-Employment prospect in country of residense: Having risen to the level of a manager, you need to emphasis on what opportunities await you in Nigeria after your program. What are your plans in Nigeria upon return? How do you intend to offset the huge sum spent on your education in Canada? How lucrative is your job? Just proof to the VO there are lots of Job prospects in your field in Nigeria. If your company do grant study leave and your program is not more than a year I will advice you request for one and add it in your next application. But most importantly convince the VO there are opportunities waiting for you in Nigeria after your study.

-Personal assets and financial status: Your salary statement of account, pay slips, pension, landed properties and any other assets you have in your name would do. You can include anyone you jointly own with your wife too if there is any.

Note: All I have written are just my own opinion and what I personally think you should work more on. I am not a guru and not even gotten my visa. I am a learner too and I am just trying to help sharing with you the little I have gained in this forum. Cheers!

Excellent! Starred!

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by DeuxMille: 1:19am On Nov 03, 2018
Tx a lot
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Lagos2canna: 1:44am On Nov 03, 2018
Snillous:

I submitted on July 22nd and my bank called me on Aug 7th to ask me some questions. It was later they told me Canada consular sent mail to bank to know if my statement of account is real and the bank proof it right to them that the statement is real but am a stil waiting for the result frm Canada embassy.
Just be hopeful, which bank are you using?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Snillous(m): 6:15am On Nov 03, 2018
Lagos2canna:

Just be hopeful, which bank are you using?

Stanbic bank of Nigeria. I should be hopeful? Means I have hope? But it is more than three months now?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by titisoge: 6:38am On Nov 03, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

It was an issue like this that took me off from contributing to this thread as at the beginning of this year for I was wrongly accused of encouraging people on how to tell lies in their various applications. Therefore, I would only suggest you say that as the first child of your parents, you've been asisting in the affairs of your family's business all this while and you didn't deem it necessary to further your studies immediately after high school because you wanted to spend some time in the family business so as to understand what area that needs improvement and focus in the business. Then, having worked there, you discovered that the business finance and budget is something that needs more improvement. With this discovery you have now made up your mind to return back to school, with the hope of coming back to take up a challenging role in the family business so as to enable the business flourish in an international level. Include an employment letter and work ID in your application for admission. If there are other training certificates of any kind, you can also include it to show you're not idle.

Thanks a lot......this was very helpful

Grateful.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Naijaforeigner: 6:54am On Nov 03, 2018
Snillous:

Good evening. I applied canadian visiting online since July 22nd and till date result is not yet out. Though I was honored and invited for a program in canada. The program wil come up November 9th till 11th. The date is so close. Can I stil getting the canadian visa? It is more than three months now. I am frm Nigeria. Thank u

Bro there is the possibility you might still get it though program dates are close by. A friend applied for same Canada visit visa and wiyhin 2 weeks he was denied. Thank God your own application shows they are working on it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Snillous(m): 7:34am On Nov 03, 2018
Naijaforeigner:

Bro there is the possibility you might still get it though program dates are close by. A friend applied for same Canada visit visa and wiyhin 2 weeks he was denied. Thank God your own application shows they are working on it.

Yes the date of the program is my concern. Well I wil still be hopeful as u said. Don't think I will meet up the program again but don't know if they wil stil grant the visa after the program runs out. That is my headache
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Snillous(m): 7:53am On Nov 03, 2018
Naijaforeigner:

Pls what was the time period a friend of urs submitted? Mine was July 22nd and it was online application. Pls I just want to have an idea. Thank u
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 8:14am On Nov 03, 2018
Snillous:

Pls what was the time period a friend of urs submitted? Mine was July 22nd and it was online application. Pls I just want to have an idea. Thank u

Bro, you just have to be hopeful
Though 9 of nov is pretty close... I hope you've mailed them, if you haven't, do it today so that before Monday or Tuesday you might be lucky.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Naijaforeigner: 8:39am On Nov 03, 2018
Snillous:

He submitted September via paper route.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Snillous(m): 9:00am On Nov 03, 2018
Naijaforeigner:

He submitted September via paper route.

Oh I see. Mine was online
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Snillous(m): 9:05am On Nov 03, 2018
Austacus:

Bro, you just have to be hopeful
Though 9 of June is pretty close... I hope you've mailed them, if you haven't, do it today so that before Monday or Tuesday you might be lucky.

Not 9th of June. I said the program is 9th of November this month. But I can't mail them but the organiser of the program has done so. He has mailed them more than twice now. But the date of the program in Canada is my concern. Thank u for ur concern brother.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 9:12am On Nov 03, 2018
Snillous:

Not 9th of June. I said the program is 9th of November this month. But I can't mail them but the organiser of the program has done so. He has mailed them more than twice now. But the date of the program in Canada is my concern. Thank u for ur concern brother.

Sorry, I knew it was 9 of Nov, it was a mistake.
Omo, you'd better mail them yourself.
Forget third party mailing and mail them TODAY. Are you scared? There'nothing to be scared of cause 9 of Nov is like tomorrow.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Snillous(m): 9:40am On Nov 03, 2018
Austacus:

Forget third party mailing and mail them TODAY. Are you scared? There'nothing to be scared of cause 9 of Nov is like tomorrow.

Scared? But why? Lol. Anyway like I said earlier. It was the organiser who submitted all the application. But after the submission they notified me via email application was submitted. So I don't have the login details but only the organiser does. Many celebrities want to attend to the program even Pasuma boys application was also among and pasuma fuji musician insist if his boys visa not granted he won't attend the program in Canada. So I belive only the organiser can mail them direct frm Canada. He has spent much money to promote the program and Canada gov has approved it which approval number has been sent to embassy too. So that is why I don't want to involve in sending mail to them. Do u understand my point now?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 9:55am On Nov 03, 2018
Snillous:

Scared? But why? Lol. Anyway like I said earlier. It was the organiser who submitted all the application. But after the submission they notified me via email application was submitted. So I don't have the login details but only the organiser does. Many celebrities want to attend to the program even Pasuma boys application was also among and pasuma fuji musician insist if his boys visa not granted he won't attend the program in Canada. So I belive only the organiser can mail them direct frm Canada. He has spent much money to promote the program and Canada gov has approved it which approval number has been sent to embassy too. So that is why I don't want to involve in sending mail to them. Do u understand my point now?

Yes bros

Please tell us bout the program, is the organizer a Nigerian?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 10:19am On Nov 03, 2018
Hello house, I started my application to UNBC MA Development Economics last week. Undergraduate course is bsc economics (4.3/5).

I graduated 2016 and completed nysc last year November.

I started working as an accountant in a company this year January. (Would this affect my chances of getting a visa).

Also I don't know if I am supposed to look for a supervisor. (How can I confirm this on the website) because it wasn't stated that I must get a supervisor before I apply.

There is an application fee- but I don't know how to go about the payment. Because I have started my application and uploaded one of my documents already and they didn't ask for the fee.

I'll appreciate our prompt response as the application is closing December (15th).

Many thanks in anticipation.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Snillous(m): 10:49am On Nov 03, 2018
Austacus:

Yes bros

Please tell us bout the program, is the organizer a Nigerian?

Yes he is a Nigeria. Is a cultural day in Canada. Asa Day. The founder is also a Nigeria but canadian citizen. Oba of Ife and Oba of oyo will also attend the program.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Stardamsel: 10:54am On Nov 03, 2018
Hello house, I started my application to UNBC MA Development Economics last week. Undergraduate course is bsc economics (4.43/5).

I started working as an accountant in a company this year January. (Would this affect my chances of getting a visa).

Also I don't know if I am supposed to look for a supervisor. (How can I confirm this on the website) because it wasn't stated that I must get a supervisor before I apply.

There is an application fee- but I don't know how to go about the payment. Because I have started my application and uploaded one of my documents already and they didn't ask for the fee.

I'll appreciate our prompt response as the application is closing December (15th).

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by fatsonm: 12:34pm On Nov 03, 2018
vibrant99:
I hardly see anyone recommending University of Waterloo, Two of my friends are presently on FULL scholarship in that institution, and they dont even have 1st class.
Anyway, it depends greatly on several factors.

Please, what are the factors?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 1:00pm On Nov 03, 2018
deboskie:

I sight you Deboskie, Very impactful! Well done Bro, I hope to see more of this from you on this window.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by elimsme: 1:20pm On Nov 03, 2018
Hey guys,

Anyone coming to University of Guelph this Winter.

Please pm me.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Lagos2canna: 1:23pm On Nov 03, 2018
Snillous:

Stanbic bank of Nigeria. I should be hopeful? Means I have hope? But it is more than three months now?
There are people here that have been waiting since May and since last year ,just focus your mind on something else no reason the moni.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Snillous(m): 2:02pm On Nov 03, 2018
Lagos2canna:

There are people here that have been waiting since May and since last year ,just focus your mind on something else no reason the moni.

Okay thanks. Finger crossed
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by deboskie(m): 2:14pm On Nov 03, 2018
I salute you boss
jnyuwa02:

Excellent! Starred!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by deboskie(m): 2:17pm On Nov 03, 2018
Boss, just trying to add my quota back to the forum. Still learning from great guys like you on here.
Frankrobbn1:

I sight you Deboskie, Very impactful! Well done Bro, I hope to see more of this from you on this window.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 4:01pm On Nov 03, 2018
Do u mean Ooni of Ife and Alaafin of Oyo? Lol. Those ones Visa are very sure, it would have been out the second day. That's if they even need a Visa tho.. Visa delay or refusal doesn't apply to some people... May God help us
Snillous:

Yes he is a Nigeria. Is a cultural day in Canada. Asa Day. The founder is also a Nigeria but canadian citizen. Oba of Ife and Oba of oyo will also attend the program.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Snillous(m): 4:19pm On Nov 03, 2018
makano:
Do u mean Ooni of Ife and Alaafin of Oyo? Lol. Those ones Visa are very sure, it would have been out the second day. That's if they even need a Visa tho.. Visa delay or refusal doesn't apply to some people... May God help us

Read my msg again. I didn't says the Oba's needed visa I said they will attend the program in Canada. And some Oba's and many celebrities. Thank u
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by henricson(m): 4:29pm On Nov 03, 2018
Snillous:

Read my msg again. I didn't says the Oba's needed visa I said they will attend the program in Canada. And some Oba's and many celebrities. Thank u

You misunderstood him... He just corrected you on their titles, and confirmed the ease such people go overseas if they want to!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by olamble: 5:00pm On Nov 03, 2018
@ titisoge why do you lie in 1st? when I apply for fall semester September intake I was given admission, I need to submit the official transcript through DHL and unofficial transcript? My admission letter is approved within a month before proceeding to the next step. I apply early April and the admission letter send to me first week in may, after providing necessary requirement but the tuition of engineering course is nothing less then 18,000cadd for a year
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Senatorkolade: 5:27pm On Nov 03, 2018
Snillous:

Scared? But why? Lol. Anyway like I said earlier. It was the organiser who submitted all the application. But after the submission they notified me via email application was submitted. So I don't have the login details but only the organiser does. Many celebrities want to attend to the program even Pasuma boys application was also among and plasma fuji musician insists if his boy's visa not granted he won't attend the program in Canada. So I believe only the organiser can mail them directly from Canada. He has spent much money to promote the program and Canada gov has approved it which approval number has been sent to the embassy too. So that is why I don't want to involve in sending mail to them. Do u understand my point now?

We have derailed from the purpose of this thread. Visit visa thread is there for this kind of discussion. Meanwhile, just pray. All that you have said has no meaning to these VOs. The quality of your application is the Koko vis a vis your home ties and your personal asset/financial status. The rate of Nigerian asylum seekers has really put a blow to our image in Canada and as such, they see every Nigerian seeking viss as a potential asylum seeker. It is the same Nigeria where a sports ministry sponsored about fifteen local sportsmen for an event in Canada and only seven of them came back. We are really in a mess.
What they now do for a visit visa is to delay it till the event passed and refuse on purpose of visit. I pray this will not be your portion. Amen
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Senatorkolade: 5:32pm On Nov 03, 2018
Austacus:

I suspect the embassy is holding the application till the event has passed. I don't pray for negative outcome for them sha.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Stardamsel: 5:46pm On Nov 03, 2018
Please house kindly attend to my concerns and questions. Thanks.
Stardamsel:
Hello house, I started my application to UNBC MA Development Economics last week. Undergraduate course is bsc economics (4.43/5).

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (546)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.