Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,196 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:06 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (93) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (862927 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 8:53am On Nov 15, 2018
Andrepete:

Thanks for the replies .. Please dunno if there's a way I can contact you outside here. Please I need this frequent guidance in my reapplication . Thanks

I am happy to hear you find the little piece useful! You can always drop your questions here for the benefit of others who share the same case scenario with you. So they could learn from it and put in good use the advices in their application. I'll always try to respond to your queries during my leisure time. In my absence, there are also knowledgeable gurus here that can assist in your reapplication.

Best of luck!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Famzyactivity: 8:53am On Nov 15, 2018
litterbug:
Hi Family,
I just received my new admission letter this morning for fall 2019. I want to update cic at least to serve as a reminder about my application.
I applied online July 25th,biometric July 30th. Since then it’s been stuck on background check.
Please I need the email addresses that I can send it to.
God bless y’all.

please why did you defer your admission so early?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 8:59am On Nov 15, 2018
litterbug:
Hi Family,
I just received my new admission letter this morning for fall 2019. I want to update cic at least to serve as a reminder about my application.
I applied online July 25th,biometric July 30th. Since then it’s been stuck on background check.
Please I need the email addresses that I can send it to.
God bless y’all.

LDNIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by segtak25: 9:23am On Nov 15, 2018
Hello house.
I just got an admission offer from the University of Ottawa for fall 2019.
I applied for a thesis Masters (24 month) but I was given an offer for a coursed based program which is just 12 month.

We all know there is an advantage in 2 years because of the PGWP.

My question : Pls can I still get a 2-3 years of Pgwp with the 1 year masters, considering the PR requirement in the long run.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by LekwachiJJ: 9:37am On Nov 15, 2018
Hello house, I am new here. Anyone with similar situation? Passport submitted for almost 2 months. [quqote author=LekwachiJJ post=72967881]Masters Study permit
Applied since 11 May
Biometrics since 23 May
Medical passed 28 August
ElIgibility passed 13 September
Original passport request 18 September
Updated bank statement requested and submitted 9 October
No response since!!! My passport kept for almost 2 months.
Meanwhile online status shows background check in process and conclusion: "Application approved, send us your passport to conclude processing"
Any one with passport held like this?[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bdaalman(m): 9:38am On Nov 15, 2018
zeriod:
Hello House,

I submitted my paper application 8th October. I have tried tracking the application and keep getting your application is being processed at our Canada Visa office.

I have also tried linking the application online, no records found.

Please any suggestions?

For the tracking number on VFS website that is the response you will get. So there is no issue.

As for linking online, there is something you are entering wrongly... Carefully check. I had same challenge until I found what was wrong.

I applied 8th October as well
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Temi69: 9:42am On Nov 15, 2018
Juleskiki:
Like I said earlier you can try U of Manitoba (community health), U of Alberta, McGill, Check their faculty list I am sure you would find a professor in this area. Mail them and wait for a response.

House,

I received my admission letter to UBc for a thesis based masters last week.
My supervisor said I will get a letter from the dean saying

The annual stipend for a BIMB MSc student is $17,500. Funding for the stipend is typically provided through teaching assistantships (TA; about $12,592) in the Department of Chemistry, research assistantships (RA; at least $4,908) from My supervisor and graduate awards administered through the College of Graduate Studies. Each year you will be able to apply for a TA position. To apply for a TA position, submit your Curriculum Vitae and a letter of interest outlining any previous teaching experience to chemistry.okanagan@ubc.ca. You are also eligible for the Graduate Deans Entrance Scholarship of $5,000.

Can I use this letter for my visa application and will I still need to show a proof of $10000 and tuition fee(8605)

Will I have to get accepted for the teaching assistantship first or it doesn’t matter.

Also, if Yes, I’m required to provide proof,like how much is needed as the account balance (using solely an uncle as sponsor)

Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by iykedpetes(m): 9:49am On Nov 15, 2018
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by blet(m): 10:13am On Nov 15, 2018
Hello house. I applied 2nd of November, online application. How soon can I apply for gcms notes to facilitate and hasten response?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Senatorkolade: 10:29am On Nov 15, 2018
blet:
Hello house. I applied 2nd of November, online application. How soon can I apply for GCMS notes to facilitate and hasten response?

Applied in November and two weeks after, wants to facilitate the process. Hope this will not be termed as the highest level of desperation.
What would those applied since July do?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 11:06am On Nov 15, 2018
You are very fuuny oo. U just applied this month and u want to facilitate ur application. Oya facilitate it na, and when the VO sees how desperate you are, then a refusal will be given to you. Peeps that have applied since May havnt gotten any response, you just applied some days back and u wanna facilitate response. Very funny. Good luck to ur facilitation.
blet:
Hello house. I applied 2nd of November, online application. How soon can I apply for gcms notes to facilitate and hasten response?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by blet(m): 11:20am On Nov 15, 2018
I was asking to know WHEN, I'm not saying I would apply for it now. That's why I'm asking to know when its safe to apply for the notes.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 11:24am On Nov 15, 2018
Ok. You will need to wait for the processing time for Nigeria which is 15 weeks, if you dont get any response 15 weeks from the time you applied, then you can send them a message through the Webform or through mails. So as a matter of fact, its not safe disturbing them now, cos if you do they will see u as a desperado which can actually facilitate ur refusal. So take a chill pee and Wait for the next 15 weeks(Processing Time) and if u dont get any response, then do what I have mentioned earlier. Peace
blet:
I was asking to know WHEN, I'm not saying I would apply for it now. That's why I'm asking to know when its safe to apply for the notes.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Agbons101: 11:39am On Nov 15, 2018
mine was very long too...so i decided to put the first page and followed up with the pages with the opening month balance for the first 3months and then included the remaining detailed 3months.

dubaiboy1:
Hi Guys ! Good morning .. Please is it advisable to remove some pages of your SOA if the pages are too much to compress ??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by dubaiboy1: 11:49am On Nov 15, 2018
Hi, I've tried to send you a Direct message ..

Agbons101:
mine was very long too...so i decided to put the first page and followed up with the pages with the opening month balance for the first 3months and then included the remaining detailed 3months.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by kceecool(m): 12:06pm On Nov 15, 2018
Dear All,

please i really do not know how to go from here...... my application since the 28th of June has been stuck on Eligibility review for over 2 months now. anyone with similar issue and what is the way forward.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Kinfinity007: 12:13pm On Nov 15, 2018
Temi69:
Hi House,

The annual stipend for a BIMB MSc student is $17,500. Funding for the stipend is typically provided through teaching assistantships (TA; about $12,592) in the Department of Chemistry, research assistantships (RA; at least $4,908) from My supervisor and graduate awards administered through the College of Graduate Studies. Each year you will be able to apply for a TA position. To apply for a TA position, submit your Curriculum Vitae and a letter of interest outlining any previous teaching experience to chemistry.okanagan@ubc.ca. You are also eligible for the Graduate Deans Entrance Scholarship of $5,000.

Can I use this letter for my visa application and will I still need to show a proof of $10000 and tuition fee(8605)

Will I have to get accepted for the teaching assistantship first or it doesn’t matter.

Also, if Yes, I’m required to provide proof,like how much is needed as the account balance (using solely an uncle as sponsor)

Thanks
did u write GRE?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by litterbug(f): 12:16pm On Nov 15, 2018
I initially applied for fall 2018 and my school doesn’t have winter and spring so they transferred my admission to fall 2019.

Famzyactivity:

please why did you defer your admission so early?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by alftdbts: 12:17pm On Nov 15, 2018
makano:
Ok. You will need to wait for the processing time for Nigeria which is 15 weeks, if you dont get any response 15 weeks from the time you applied, then you can send them a message through the Webform or through mails. So as a matter of fact, its not safe disturbing them now, cos if you do they will see u as a desperado which can actually facilitate ur refusal. So take a chill pee and Wait for the next 15 weeks(Processing Time) and if u dont get any response, then do what I have mentioned earlier. Peace

This Makano guy funny die. Lmao, I can see you exhibiting a form of defense mechanism which is Displacement even frm a distance. You also trying hard to control your annoyance with CIC at the same time proffer solutions to pple problems here but make the later no JUST VEX YOU SHA with Nursery 4 ?s. We May, June and July family don suffer small ohh. By the way, you asked the OP to take a "chilled pee". What does it tastes like if chilled? If I may ask. Then go wait another 13weeks befr writing them or request for anything. @blet it's not advisable to write till your processing time lapses, learn and relax. You might get lucky and even have your TRV befr 10wks sef.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by litterbug(f): 12:17pm On Nov 15, 2018
Thanks a lot...

Frankrobbn1:

LDNIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by papijulah: 12:22pm On Nov 15, 2018
Is it advisable to book a one way ticket to Canada for a 3 years study visa.... Please, I'm about booking.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by alftdbts: 12:24pm On Nov 15, 2018
blet:

Well you can't facilitate anything, that's just a logical advise to those whose application has long exceeded normal processing time plenty plenty. We don't need to start abusing a trick again cus it worked. Probably the day your application is 15wks, but you might even have your visa before then. Just keep being optimistic.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Famzyactivity: 12:36pm On Nov 15, 2018
litterbug:
I initially applied for fall 2018 and my school doesn’t have winter and spring so they transferred my admission to fall 2019.

cool! which school?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Agbons101: 1:02pm On Nov 15, 2018
well..this year compare to the last 2 years alot of nigerians got visa to study in canada...most agents have affiliations with schools in other countries which are easier to get a visa to study compared to canada, so dnt let agents discourage you for their selfish gains...
Osasalfred44:
An agent discouraged me not to even try to apply for Canada permit that they don't give to Nigerians anymore. How true is this?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by oskaroni(m): 1:04pm On Nov 15, 2018
Hello guys, need someone to personally put me tru d application process on usask, m kinda stuck, any volunteer please? (via WhatsApp)

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Agbons101: 1:04pm On Nov 15, 2018
one way is the only way for a 3yrs course...
papijulah:
Is it advisable to book a one way ticket to Canada for a 3 years study visa.... Please, I'm about booking.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Senatorkolade: 1:04pm On Nov 15, 2018
papijulah:
Is it advisable to book a one way ticket to Canada for a 3 years study veisa.... Please, I'm about booking.

One way is ok
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by technix: 2:16pm On Nov 15, 2018
Temi69:
Hi House,

Thanks

You will still be required to show proof of 18,605CAD. However, if the letter from the Dean states that you have gotten the assistantship already or the stipend is automatically paid to all students (or any other statement of certainty), then you can just show a proof of the difference (at minimum) between 18,605 and 17,500
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by henricson(m): 2:46pm On Nov 15, 2018
LekwachiJJ:
Masters Study permit
Applied since 11 May
Biometrics since 23 May
Medical passed 28 August
ElIgibility passed 13 September
Original passport request 18 September
Updated bank statement requested and submitted 9 October
No response since!!! My passport kept for almost 2 months.
Meanwhile online status shows background check in process and conclusion: "Application approved, send us your passport to conclude processing"
Any one with passport held like this?

This doesn't make sense. Haven't you been tracking the passport after submitting at vfs?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Determinedsoul: 3:08pm On Nov 15, 2018
You are nice.

Hello Adedayo, sorry to hear you're unable to access your inbox messages. Nevertheless, I'll post my reviews here.

Having gone through your SOP, I have the following to say:

1-) Your passion for your proposed program was extensively expressed and the manner in which you linked your current job role and past experiences with your intended program is great.

2-) Why the program in broadcast journalism is too lengthy. Please reduce it as it can bore the visa officer. It should be concise and focus on a few key points.

3-) The sub-heading where you discussed about WHY CANADA NOT NIGERIA was well substantiated and convincing.

4-) Your reasons for coming back is not so strong. More practical and logical reasons should be highlighted and not surface reasons which you gave. There was this particular area where you mentioned about your NYSC and how you deployed just to stay close to your family is not relevant and I have scrapped it off. Talk more about your parents properties which you're traditionally heir to as you did and must return home after studies to continue managing, discuss about the obligations and responsibilities which falls on you as the only son and why you will be coming back to continue discharging your duties and can't abandon them for a foreign education, your family business (if any), your career prospects in Nigeria etc... All these mentioned can be your unwavering commitments back home.

5-) In every SOP, you are expected to talk about your finances, who is your sponsor? Who will be responsible for your expenses while studying in Canada should also be explained.

6-) You also did not make reference to your school of choice in Canada, what facilities does the college in Canada offer that has interested you so much to further your postgraduate studies there and not in Nigerian higher institutions.

7-) Finally, I found so many errors (Which includes punctuations, and spellings) while going through the letter and I have corrected them.

Do the needful and resend me the letter for final vetting.

Regards,
Frank[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by LekwachiJJ: 3:27pm On Nov 15, 2018
Of course, I have been tracking, submitting CSE webforms, writing emails to visa office and visiting VFS. VFS says they sent the passport to visa office and its still there.

Last response to my CSE told me my enquiry has been forwarded to the responsible visa office which they say is London advising me to also contact London. I wrote to London just yesterday.

henricson:

This doesn't make sense. Haven't you been tracking the passport after submitting at vfs?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Andrepete: 3:46pm On Nov 15, 2018
Please I need advice concerning this issue. I contacted the college concerning my course change and they replied saying that the only course remotely similar to my degree (International studies and diplomacy) is that of international business management. Do you think they are related or should I go for media courses since I have 2 years experience in a media house (voluntarily though, nysc and another internship program) or should I contact another college and ask for a refund of my school fees since I have already paid 50%?? What do y'all think about this??

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (546)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.