Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,141 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

El-Rufai's Letter To Buhari About Shehu Sani (Photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-Rufai's Letter To Buhari About Shehu Sani (Photos) (39246 Views)

‘senate Yet To Inform Buhari About Confirmation Of Ministers’ / Advice To President Buhari About EFCC And Yahoo. / Buhari At 76: Reno Omokri Asks Buhari About The 76 Soldiers Lost (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: El-Rufai's Letter To Buhari About Shehu Sani (Photos) by Guide777(m): 9:20am On Oct 07, 2018
Even though I derided Senator Shehu for being unwise not to decamp when the window was open. Now I know he was not being selfish. This letter has exposed him as a hero. When counting will start, we will count him as one of those who lost his personal privilege fighting for general good.

3 Likes

Re: El-Rufai's Letter To Buhari About Shehu Sani (Photos) by D1zion: 9:22am On Oct 07, 2018
Xisnin:
Good. Let him go and enjoy his 150 million bribery from APC.
Sani reportedly demand 200 million if he is to decamp to PDP
haaaaa shocked Now he's going to be disgraced out of his witty behavior. Useless fool that will now be rubbished in the APC.
Re: El-Rufai's Letter To Buhari About Shehu Sani (Photos) by AFONJACOW(m): 9:22am On Oct 07, 2018
shehu sani is now in political wildernesses
Re: El-Rufai's Letter To Buhari About Shehu Sani (Photos) by luckyogor(m): 9:24am On Oct 07, 2018
Cowards are the worst piece of scum on earth,they wriggle and squirm all the time instead of taking actions,shehu sani is a coward and i feel no pity for him,a coward dies a thousand times,but a brave being dies once,i rather die like a brave being than live like a bastard coward.
Re: El-Rufai's Letter To Buhari About Shehu Sani (Photos) by mema900: 9:26am On Oct 07, 2018
Buhari till 2023.
Sai!!!!!! Baba!!!!
Carry goooooooo
Re: El-Rufai's Letter To Buhari About Shehu Sani (Photos) by Ugosample(m): 9:30am On Oct 07, 2018
mercenary:
A very shamefull country... God forbid.... The worst day of my life has got 2 be the day I became a Nigerian... Fawk!!!

I tell you

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai's Letter To Buhari About Shehu Sani (Photos) by Guide777(m): 9:37am On Oct 07, 2018
Even though I derided Senator Shehu for being unwise not to decamp when the transfer window was open. Now I know he was not being selfish. This letter has exposed him as a hero of our democracy and the rule of Law. When the day of reckoning will eventually come, we will count him as one of those who lost his personal privilege fighting for general good.
Re: El-Rufai's Letter To Buhari About Shehu Sani (Photos) by harrisonford001: 9:52am On Oct 07, 2018
mercenary:
A very shamefull country... God forbid.... The worst day of my life has got 2 be the day I became a Nigerian... Fawk!!!
please do the needful! Kill yourself abeg

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai's Letter To Buhari About Shehu Sani (Photos) by Egabs(m): 10:07am On Oct 07, 2018
Good fr him wen the others who av been having battle, with Apc lead govt use the transfer window and port to another party bcus they no this wll happen he want to eat his cake n have it at the same time
Re: El-Rufai's Letter To Buhari About Shehu Sani (Photos) by Modarun(m): 10:08am On Oct 07, 2018
Shehu Sani was not only unwise but stupid. He acted like a kinder garden politician. Rule Number One, with the APC is nevet expect loyalty, they dnt keep to promises and they sure do not care about democratic norms. A party that denied all its campaign promises will never keep to agreements. The likes of Kwankwaso, Saraki and co are vivid examples. The one i pity the most is Omisore, that one dnt know the money they gave him to endorsr their candidate is probably the only thing he will recieve from the APC, his eyes will soon clear after they swear in Oyetola.

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai's Letter To Buhari About Shehu Sani (Photos) by Okoroawusa: 10:12am On Oct 07, 2018
Sorry, Shehu Sani,you can't eat your cake n have it. In the Senate, you were sounding like you had a backup plan.Frolicking with Dino n Saraki.

If you want to be a politian,be a politician. If you want to be an activist, be an activist. You can't be a politician n activist at the same time (at least not in Nigeria)

The Igbos have a saying,"Oke soro ngwere ama mmiri,okocha ngwere og'akocha oke?"

Meaning;"The rat that is frolicking with the lizard in the water,if water dries off the lizard will it dry off the rat?"

2 Likes

Re: El-Rufai's Letter To Buhari About Shehu Sani (Photos) by Obi1kenobi(m): 10:22am On Oct 07, 2018
Basher8583:

The beauty about Nairaland is that it offers ignorant people the opportunity to display their foolishness.

Listen. If I employ you and you criticise me, I will SACK you.

If anyone wants to criticize a govt that brought them to power, they should honourably resign before the act or better still be prepared to resign after the act.

If it was a time of war and as a soldier you are seen criticizing your general or the country as a whole, you will be court martialed or better still, killed as you can be a potential spy or saboteur.

Do you understand now CHILD

The beauty of Nairaland is that brain-dead moorons can assert moronic waffle with total confidence and any mindless cretin can call anyone else "ignorant" with no self-awareness. An elective position is not "employment". Shehu Sani was elected by his constituency in Kaduna to represent their interests. He was not "employed" by Buhari. Cabinet appointees can resign if they wish. No elected representative is beholden to anyone other than his voters. Do you understand now, mooron?

The military analogy is even more mooronic. Military administrations by their nature are tyrannical and intolerant of criticism, valuing obedience and established protocol over anything else. Debate, criticism, dissent, and good faith conflict are the bedrock of democracy. Your type are the reason democracy is wasted on many African nations and why African leaders are more of tyrannical rulers than real leaders. There is no point in Nigeria claiming to be a democracy when twats like you don't even understand the values of democracy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-Rufai's Letter To Buhari About Shehu Sani (Photos) by Obi1kenobi(m): 10:32am On Oct 07, 2018
blackpanda:

This is this problem with u wailers.
Why in d world do u criticize the same party u belong to but still fight to remain there. Despite the disaster that trump is, the republican party will never do anything to sabotage the presidency. Shehu Sani keeps insulting APC and buhari but still wants their ticket to be senator.

If an organization is bad as u claim, then why are u fighting to still remain there

I don't know what dreamland you live in but many Republican Senators in the US like Jeff Flake, Ben Sasse, Bob Corker, Lindsey Graham, Susan Collins and the recently passed away John McCain who was a bitter enemy of Trump have been very strong critics of Trump even though they are from the same party. Criticizing the rulership of your party or your President when they err is a patriotic and moral duty. You're an opportunistic coward with no integrity if you toe the party line even when they have strayed from your values.
I genuinely despair reading comments like yours and there are many nonsense comments like that on this thread: comments of people who do not understands the principles or values of democracy. We have a very long way to go. I swear American democracy in the 1700's was ages ahead of the joke we have in this joke country. APC is a political party with stated values and an agenda, not a cult of Buhari whose members must never question or criticize him. You have a very long way to go. Clueless people.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-Rufai's Letter To Buhari About Shehu Sani (Photos) by SoNature(m): 10:35am On Oct 07, 2018
Wiseandtrue:
Shehu Sani was the only one who did not see this coming!

El-rufai and Buhari is very predictable and vindictive

I thought Shehu Sani was wiser than this! At least he was very sound in the house

He will be missed!

Sincerely, I thought the man had a plan when he went about criticizing his party and the president. I'm afraid he's daft for not decamping with others.

I guess he has lost his senate seat; he will probably make a comeback after 2023

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai's Letter To Buhari About Shehu Sani (Photos) by CaptainFM1: 10:35am On Oct 07, 2018
Why did he not cross to PDP when others were crossing? This is the same thing I blame Ambode for. When you see smoke, no matter how little it is, there is fire somewhere.

He saw the signs, yet wasted time. If he'd crossed to PDP, he can comfortably threat El-Rufai to the gubernatorial seat. Even if he loses, he would have lost honourably.
Re: El-Rufai's Letter To Buhari About Shehu Sani (Photos) by 2kurupt(m): 12:09pm On Oct 07, 2018
badman007:

But i thought the people were priority?

They clearly have no thought towards the people.. I dont blame these leaders, I blame the people who let the people who support them.

That's what the textbooks say about democracy but also have it at the back of your mind, the ultimate objective of any political party is to acquire power. Even the US people use as a standard for democracy, there's a level things will get to & the party will kick.

romenna:
I want to bliv Sani is PDP's mole in APC.
I dnt want to bliv the man is that dull.

Yeah with all the theatrics leading up to the mass defection saga, he definitely must be an enemy within. It'll seem foolish if the party doesn't treat his 4ckup at the best opportune time grin grin

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai's Letter To Buhari About Shehu Sani (Photos) by 2kurupt(m): 12:25pm On Oct 07, 2018
D1zion:
youre quit right he deserves what he's seing now. He has not seen anything yet. He'll be chased like a hungry dog. .......

Lol, your last sentence though. That's one unique thing about Nigerian politics, they play real dirty & when they come for you it's gonna be Mortal Kombat style fatality ish
Re: El-Rufai's Letter To Buhari About Shehu Sani (Photos) by fafambo: 12:51pm On Oct 07, 2018
mercenary:
since u hate Nigeria this much.i think the best person to put all ur blame on was ur dad, for not ejaculating you out on that fateful day he slept with ur mum. COTONOU is just a stone throw from mile 12
Re: El-Rufai's Letter To Buhari About Shehu Sani (Photos) by BraniacX(m): 1:50pm On Oct 07, 2018
Basher8583:

The beauty about Nairaland is that it offers ignorant people the opportunity to display their foolishness.

Listen. If I employ you and you criticise me, I will SACK you.

If anyone wants to criticize a govt that brought them to power, they should honourably resign before the act or better still be prepared to resign after the act.

If it was a time of war and as a soldier you are seen criticizing your general or the country as a whole, you will be court martialed or better still, killed as you can be a potential spy or saboteur.

Do you understand now CHILD
For all your claims of wisdom, your willful ignorance is quite tasking to one's patience, talking about employers and employees, whose employee is/was shehu sanni? The party under whose colors he ran or the people of the senatorial district that voted for him? You seem to argue that publicly criticizing the elected executives of his party for "failing to live up to their campaign promises" yo his constituents and Nigerians in general means he went against his bosses, if true, then you're everything wrong with Nigeria and Nigerians! If anything, the fact that he did this and still refused to ensure his political future by decamping proves he has never been a politician or a politician of the typical Nigerian mold, he has always been an activist and a person of conscience first and always, and politics was just the means to an end and not the ends itself to him, and if Nigerians like you can't publicly come out and show him the support he deserves for being truly loyal to Nigeria(ns) then we deserve all the buhari's, recessions and societal ills that comes our way
Re: El-Rufai's Letter To Buhari About Shehu Sani (Photos) by BraniacX(m): 1:55pm On Oct 07, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

The beauty of Nairaland is that brain-dead moorons can assert moronic waffle with total confidence and any mindless cretin can call anyone else "ignorant" with no self-awareness. An elective position is not "employment". Shehu Sani was elected by his constituency in Kaduna to represent their interests. He was not "employed" by Buhari. Cabinet appointees can resign if they wish. No elected representative is beholden to anyone other than his voters. Do you understand now, mooron?

The military analogy is even more mooronic. Military administrations by their nature are tyrannical and intolerant of criticism, valuing obedience and established protocol over anything else. Debate, criticism, dissent, and good faith conflict are the bedrock of democracy. Your type are the reason democracy is wasted on many African nations and why African leaders are more of tyrannical rulers than real leaders. There is no point in Nigeria claiming to be a democracy when twats like you don't even understand the values of democracy.
It is relieving to read a similar opinion, a lot of stupid shit gets tossed around as unassalaible wisdom in this forum
Re: El-Rufai's Letter To Buhari About Shehu Sani (Photos) by blackpanda: 2:21pm On Oct 07, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

I don't know what dreamland you live in but many Republican Senators in the US like Jeff Flake, Ben Sasse, Bob Corker, Lindsey Graham, Susan Collins and the recently passed away John McCain who was a bitter enemy of Trump have been very strong critics of Trump even though they are from the same party. Criticizing the rulership of your party or your President when they err is a patriotic and moral duty. You're an opportunistic coward with no integrity if you toe the party line even when they have strayed from your values.
I genuinely despair reading comments like yours and there are many nonsense comments like that on this thread: comments of people who do not understands the principles or values of democracy. We have a very long way to go. I swear American democracy in the 1700's was ages ahead of the joke we have in this joke country. APC is a political party with stated values and an agenda, not a cult of Buhari whose members must never question or criticize him. You have a very long way to go. Clueless people.

Well empty barrels always make loud noise. All u know how to do well is to throw tantrums and insults.

Of course republicans always exercise their freedom of speech, but did u hear of any republican blocking trumps proposals for loans?? Did u see republicans blocking trumps nominees for offices, regardless of the nominees disgusting and disastrous backgrounds Smh

Wailers keep wasting ur time and putting mouth in what doesn't concern u. U say APC is clueless, so why did u come to the clueless thread to expose your ignoranc?? Mtscheew

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai's Letter To Buhari About Shehu Sani (Photos) by kerry57: 2:50pm On Oct 07, 2018
Racoon:
Shehu Sanni just got toast.Head or tail, you're neither here or there.
Shehu Sani had always remained my man, but I am beginning to see him as a coward for remaining in the APC to beg the govt he insulted for ticket back to the Senate after his other two senators from kaduna had defected to pdp.

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai's Letter To Buhari About Shehu Sani (Photos) by Coleslove: 2:52pm On Oct 07, 2018
APC never at anytime revoked Shehu Sani's ticket and the election that was conducted in Kaduna was a sham organized by Elrufai which Shehu Sani said he wasn't going to be part of; Official information on who is or was eligible is available on APC official Twitter handle and your report here is false!

Please read;
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/288643-amidst-controversy-apc-insists-on-automatic-ticket-for-shehu-sani.html
https://leadership.ng/2018/10/06/apc-kaduna-central-senatorial-primaries-gov-el-rufais-aide-defeats-shehu-sani/

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai's Letter To Buhari About Shehu Sani (Photos) by Obi1kenobi(m): 3:01pm On Oct 07, 2018
blackpanda:

Well empty barrels always make loud noise. All u know how to do well is to throw tantrums and insults.

Of course republicans always exercise their freedom of speech, but did u hear of any republican blocking trumps proposals for loans?? Did u see republicans blocking trumps nominees for offices, regardless of the nominees disgusting and disastrous backgrounds Smh

Wailers keep wasting ur time and putting mouth in what doesn't concern u. U say APC is clueless, so why did u come to the clueless thread to expose your ignoranc?? Mtscheew

Several judicial nominees to the lower courts nominated by the Trump administration were shut down by fellow Republicans. His healthcare bill and tax cuts were shut down by many fellow Republicans until he made amendments that were favoured by their constituencies, and even then McCain, a fellow Republican obstructed his plans to repeal and replace Obamacare. Till today, Trump has no healthcare bill of his own because of this. On any issue that involves the American legislature, Trump is careful to make all his decisions in close consultation with his caucus, so they don't vote him down.
You're a clueless clown who knows absolutely nothing about democratic norms and values. You can keep calling me a "wailer" if you wish. I voted Buhari. I just don't have my head stuck up his arse like many of his mindless cult followers. So mindless they now believe that criticizing a President is akin to treachery against the state. Mindless twaats.

And what does El Rufai's loan have to do with anything? So, Sani should allow Kaduna (already the most indebted state in Nigeria after Lagos - except unlike Lagos, they have no means to pay back) bankrupt itself under the whims of El Rufai and go against his own principles of responsible governance. So for the sake of personal loyalty, Sani should not look out for the interests of his constituents that elected him to look out for their interests? Do you see how foolish you are? grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-Rufai's Letter To Buhari About Shehu Sani (Photos) by GoldHorse(m): 3:06pm On Oct 07, 2018
Obi1kenobi:
I never knew that the definition of "traitor" was criticism of an elected President in a democratic, federal republic. Sounds more like the language of tyrants who equate criticism of leadership with treachery. Also interesting to note that from El Rufai's words, Buhari seems a major instigator of Sani's political woes.

Except in "Robot Land"! You cannot be correcting, slamming and criticizing a friend, family or even an enemy publicly and expect no reluctance or absolute denial of favors or even rights from them. It is not just possible!

Even you will feel somehow. Yes you can correct but use tactics or at least no so publicly especially when you are supposed to be on the same team. Football is a good example. If you don't believe this then you are just not being truthful.
Re: El-Rufai's Letter To Buhari About Shehu Sani (Photos) by Naijiant: 3:12pm On Oct 07, 2018
Imagine El-Rufai the shameless shrimp accusing someone of disloyalty! https://www.naijiant.com/articles/nasty-nasir-el-rufai-shameless-shrimp/
Re: El-Rufai's Letter To Buhari About Shehu Sani (Photos) by Obi1kenobi(m): 3:17pm On Oct 07, 2018
GoldHorse:

Except in "Robot Land"! You cannot be correcting, slamming and criticizing a friend, family or even an enemy publicly and expect no reluctance or absolute denial of favors or even rights from them. It is not just possible!

Even you will feel somehow. Yes you can correct but use tactics or at least no so publicly especially when you are supposed to be on the same team. Football is a good example. If you don't believe this then you are just not being truthful.

That's not the issue. Politicians fall out all the time over policy disagreements. My disgust was the suggestion that criticizing Buhari makes one a "traitor". As I said, that is language for tyrants, not democratic language. It's a very serious thing to call someone a traitor.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-Rufai's Letter To Buhari About Shehu Sani (Photos) by Basher8583: 4:59pm On Oct 07, 2018
BraniacX:

For all your claims of wisdom, your willful ignorance is quite tasking to one's patience, talking about employers and employees, whose employee is/was shehu sanni? The party under whose colors he ran or the people of the senatorial district that voted for him? You seem to argue that publicly criticizing the elected executives of his party for "failing to live up to their campaign promises" yo his constituents and Nigerians in general means he went against his bosses, if true, then you're everything wrong with Nigeria and Nigerians! If anything, the fact that he did this and still refused to ensure his political future by decamping proves he has never been a politician or a politician of the typical Nigerian mold, he has always been an activist and a person of conscience first and always, and politics was just the means to an end and not the ends itself to him, and if Nigerians like you can't publicly come out and show him the support he deserves for being truly loyal to Nigeria(ns) then we deserve all the buhari's, recessions and societal ills that comes our way
Forget all the stories you are just writing up and down. 2+2 will always be equals to 4. Theres no argument there.
If you're elected to public office through a party then it is in your best interest to remain loyal. Thats the tenets of being a party member. If you want to be an activist then you have no business in the constraints of party politics.
You can see the result of your Shehu Sanni.
Re: El-Rufai's Letter To Buhari About Shehu Sani (Photos) by BraniacX(m): 5:11pm On Oct 07, 2018
Basher8583:

Forget all the stories you are just writing up and down. 2+2 will always be equals to 4. Theres no argument there.
If you're elected to public office through a party then it is in your best interest to remain loyal. Thats the tenets of being a party member. If you want to be an activist then you have no business in the constraints of party politics.
You can see the result of your Shehu Sanni.
Like i said, you're everything that is wrong with Nigeria and Nigerians, understand that I was looking at it from a stance of credible representation for the non politically affiliated populace which is the majority, we deserve someone who speaks truth to us, to self and to power at all times and not for the sake of convenience or expedience, if you disagree, fair enough, you are your own person, perhaps a party or a candidate benefits you personally, if not, then forego the right to ever complain of poor leadership, because you can't sow tomatoes and reap cassava
Re: El-Rufai's Letter To Buhari About Shehu Sani (Photos) by Basher8583: 5:35pm On Oct 07, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

See. This is the problem I have with you people on Nairaland.
Is Shehu Sanni a party member or not?
If he is in public office facilitated by a political party which he is a member of, he has no other duty than to remain loyal to the party. That includes total loyalty to the highest hirachy in the parties publuc office (Presidency).
If Shehu Sanni did not know this because of his activism syndrome kicked in, now he does. Don't cry for his stupidity. Cry for yours
Re: El-Rufai's Letter To Buhari About Shehu Sani (Photos) by Basher8583: 5:38pm On Oct 07, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

See. This is the problem I have with you people on Nairaland.
Even the military analogy I gave didnt impact your basic reasoning.
Is Shehu Sanni a party member or not?
If he is in public office facilitated by a political party which he is a member of, he has no other duty than to remain loyal to the party. That includes total loyalty to the highest hirachy in the parties public office (Presidency).
If Shehu Sanni did not know this because his activism syndrome kicked in, now he does. Don't cry for his stupidity. Cry for yours

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

WAEC Certificate: Buhari Files Appeal Against Ruling Dismissing His Objection / Diya's Son, Babatunde Oyetola Weds Busola Adesunmbo (Photos) / Buhari Queries Obasanjo Over $16bn Power Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.