Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,739 members, 7,831,360 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

Why Do We Christians Utter The Name Jesus? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do We Christians Utter The Name Jesus? (473 Views)

Why Did The Name Jesus Replace Yeshua / "His Name Is Not Jesus" - Daddy Freeze Condemns The Name 'Jesus' / Can Somebody Explain To Me How We Arrived At The Name "Jesus"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do We Christians Utter The Name Jesus? by Nobody: 8:49am On Oct 07, 2018
This question gut into my mind which I found very difficult to answer,
Jesus christ was born like we too but the only difference is that he was mightily used by God,
God still use men(great men of God) today yeah, why can't we utter their names too as in the days of Jesus christ?
And why do we Christians utter the name Jesus Christ when praying to God almighty?
Re: Why Do We Christians Utter The Name Jesus? by eph12(m): 8:52am On Oct 07, 2018
Great men like?
Re: Why Do We Christians Utter The Name Jesus? by bedspread: 8:54am On Oct 07, 2018
Acts 4:10-12

10. Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.

11 This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.

12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved
Re: Why Do We Christians Utter The Name Jesus? by Olohunjedalo(m): 9:03am On Oct 07, 2018
bedspread:
Acts 4:10-12

10. Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.

11 This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.

12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved
Jesus is a bastard
Re: Why Do We Christians Utter The Name Jesus? by bedspread: 9:06am On Oct 07, 2018
Olohunjedalo:

Jesus is a bastard
That Being you Call Bastard is The One That you will report to Once you cross over....
you and HIM will settle scores over there!

I am too little to do that !
Re: Why Do We Christians Utter The Name Jesus? by chiefolododo(m): 9:07am On Oct 07, 2018
Olohunjedalo:
Jesus is a bastard
I never knew you are satanic like your APC party
Re: Why Do We Christians Utter The Name Jesus? by Olohunjedalo(m): 9:09am On Oct 07, 2018
chiefolododo:
I never knew you are satanic like your APC party
Jesus is a bastard .
God did not give birth to any son.
Cry me a river
Re: Why Do We Christians Utter The Name Jesus? by Olohunjedalo(m): 9:09am On Oct 07, 2018
bedspread:
That Being you Call Bastard is The One That you will report to Once you cross over....
you and HIM will settle scores over there!

I am too little to do that !
Lmao .
Clown !
Re: Why Do We Christians Utter The Name Jesus? by Nobody: 9:17am On Oct 07, 2018
Olo Jesus is never a bastard, He has finished the work of the father, So I think we are here on earth to continue where he stopped, The name Jesus is a memory
Re: Why Do We Christians Utter The Name Jesus? by iamgenius(m): 11:23am On Oct 07, 2018
chukwuma0000:
Jesus christ was born like we too but the only difference is that he was mightily used by God,
God still use men(great men of God) today yeah, why can't we utter their names too as in the days of Jesus christ?
And why do we Christians utter the name Jesus Christ when praying to God almighty?
Jesus Christ(peace be upon him) was mightly used by his Creator as a prophet. He called people to worship God, his God and the God of all that exist. He never asked people to call on him when he was on the earth. As you said, he's just a human being like us. The problem is that Christians go beyond the limits set by Jesus himself by worshipping and calling on him.

The Jews during the time of Jesus accused Jesus of calling himself God, which he never did. Then the latter believers in him called him God because that was the claims by his haters then.

That's the reason why some Christians that claim he's God can never bring out a verse where Jesus says he's God, worship me or call on him.

May God Almighty help me and you to follow the true way of Jesus Christ.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do We Christians Utter The Name Jesus? by enilove(m): 12:33pm On Oct 07, 2018
chukwuma0000:

That means you don't read your Bible.

Jesus was not born like you and I .
Jesus was given birth to by a virgin and no man was his Father.

Luke 1:34-35 KJV
Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?
[35] And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

WE PRAY IN JESUS NAME BECAUSE IT IS BIBLICAL :

John 14:13-17 KJV
And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
[14] If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.
[15] If ye love me, keep my commandments.
[16] And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
[17] Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Christians Utter The Name Jesus? by xproducer: 5:32pm On Oct 07, 2018
I am nobody to judge, as GOD Himself is the Judge... yet, to the blasphemous responses against the Lord Jesus, particularly in this thread, I remind of what He Himself said:

"A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good things, and an evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth evil things. But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment. For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.” - Matthew 12:35-37
Re: Why Do We Christians Utter The Name Jesus? by Amujale(m): 11:23pm On Apr 06, 2020
People utter the name of a fictitious character that never existed because they are ignorant.
Re: Why Do We Christians Utter The Name Jesus? by Amujale(m): 11:24pm On Apr 06, 2020
Jesus is a fake god.

(1) (Reply)

The History Of The African Church / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 06/01/19 / South African Pastor Spotted Allegedly Talking To God On Phone Inside Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.