Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,436 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:48 PM

Nigerians In New York Celebrate Independence On The Streets. Photos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians In New York Celebrate Independence On The Streets. Photos (26422 Views)

Hardship: Protesters Defy Police Warning, Hit Lagos Streets (Photos) / Governor Okowa Hails Marvin, His Son’s Independence On His Birthday (Photo) / Revolution Now: Heavily Armed Security Operatives Storm Roads, Streets (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians In New York Celebrate Independence On The Streets. Photos by BoneBlogger(m): 9:27am On Oct 07, 2018
Nigerians in the color and glamour, took over the streets of New York on Saturday (yesterday) with excitement and joy to celebrate the country’s 58th independence anniversary with parade and carnival.

The U.S. city was painted with green-white-green insignia as Nigerians from all walks of life united for the country.

The parade, which started on Second Avenue on 54th Street  in Manhattan, ended at the Nigerian House on 44th Street.

This was followed by the Independence Day Festival at Dag Hammarskjold Plaza, near the United Nations Headquarters.

Known as the largest celebration of Nigeria not happening in the homeland, the 27th annual Nigerian Independence Day Parade celebrates the very best of Nigeria’s food, culture, music and people.

The festival is also Africa’s largest Parade in the U.S., and showcases Nigeria’s unique culture and promotes the positive image of Nigeria to the rest of the world.

Watch the video below.

See more; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/10/nigerians-take-over-the-streets-of-new-york-to-celebrate-independence.html

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerians In New York Celebrate Independence On The Streets. Photos by AgroConsult: 9:32am On Oct 07, 2018
For life

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians In New York Celebrate Independence On The Streets. Photos by oodualover: 9:38am On Oct 07, 2018
Celebrating a country they are running away from. Donald Trump, please help us deport these clowns back to their shi.thole country. Let them come and celebrate independence here in Nigeria

153 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nigerians In New York Celebrate Independence On The Streets. Photos by FiftyFifty(m): 9:42am On Oct 07, 2018
Respect!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In New York Celebrate Independence On The Streets. Photos by Abdul315(m): 10:03am On Oct 07, 2018
oodualover:
Celebrating a country they are running away from. Donald Trump, please help us deport these clowns back to their shi.thole country. Let them come and celebrate independence here in Nigeria
lols make dem replace some of us with dem

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians In New York Celebrate Independence On The Streets. Photos by miqos02(m): 7:07pm On Oct 07, 2018
Okk
Re: Nigerians In New York Celebrate Independence On The Streets. Photos by emeijeh(m): 7:08pm On Oct 07, 2018
Yesterday was October 6th.

Where have they been since Monday the 1st?

Trump Oya, count dem, and send dem come back to shithole

[img]https://media1./images/668c6b5e434731b1ffc939ebb5eaa27e/tenor.gif?itemid=4951048[/img]

73 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians In New York Celebrate Independence On The Streets. Photos by sammirano: 7:08pm On Oct 07, 2018
oodualover:

God bless u

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians In New York Celebrate Independence On The Streets. Photos by solex2agali(m): 7:08pm On Oct 07, 2018
Nice one
Re: Nigerians In New York Celebrate Independence On The Streets. Photos by Chisaedhor: 7:09pm On Oct 07, 2018
Buhari is lifeless

Buhari is sick

Buhari is a zombie

Buhari is a tyrant

Buhari is brainless

Buhari is a terrorist

Osinbajo is an afonja vampire

Osinbajo is not a Christian and can nver be

Osinbajo is Buhari's toy

APC is a dead party

APC is for zombies

APC Members are vultures

Atiku is my incoming president

Atiku will save Nigerians

Vote Atiku, Vote PDP

24 Likes

Re: Nigerians In New York Celebrate Independence On The Streets. Photos by sexymoma(f): 7:09pm On Oct 07, 2018
This place looks like TBS to me o
Re: Nigerians In New York Celebrate Independence On The Streets. Photos by Princedapace(m): 7:09pm On Oct 07, 2018
oodualover:

My guy, I wish they can deported.. Yeye people. They are lucky to have escaped, instead of using the freedom they have there to be critical about Nigeria as a whole, they making it look as if they love the country.. See people who can not spend more than one month in Nigeria and who are always hiding when they come here due to kidnappers..

I don't like what I hate..

Check my profile and read my thread on how I earn money online as a freelancer.. U maybe interested.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In New York Celebrate Independence On The Streets. Photos by Nobody: 7:09pm On Oct 07, 2018
omo see flexing
Re: Nigerians In New York Celebrate Independence On The Streets. Photos by XaintJoel20: 7:10pm On Oct 07, 2018
I like them for painting the positive image of Nigeria to the world. Events like this would make you want to be a proud Nigerian...

#OmoNaija...

#ProudlyNaija...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In New York Celebrate Independence On The Streets. Photos by Desanta(m): 7:10pm On Oct 07, 2018
Nice.
Re: Nigerians In New York Celebrate Independence On The Streets. Photos by chrischukszy01(m): 7:10pm On Oct 07, 2018
oodualover:
Bad belle kill u! Onye uchu

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians In New York Celebrate Independence On The Streets. Photos by kindnyce(m): 7:10pm On Oct 07, 2018
Some moments you feel proud to be a Nigerian.
This is one of such moments.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In New York Celebrate Independence On The Streets. Photos by Nobody: 7:11pm On Oct 07, 2018
Beautiful smiley and after they are done celebrating, let them come back home .

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In New York Celebrate Independence On The Streets. Photos by seunny4lif(m): 7:11pm On Oct 07, 2018
oodualover:
Gbam
They are celebrating no electricity in Nigeria while they are enjoying over there

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians In New York Celebrate Independence On The Streets. Photos by PassingShot(m): 7:11pm On Oct 07, 2018
Make Atiku try go join them nah.
cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians In New York Celebrate Independence On The Streets. Photos by Homers123(m): 7:11pm On Oct 07, 2018
Make dem come home come celebrate am now as dem be patriotic citizens.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians In New York Celebrate Independence On The Streets. Photos by seunny4lif(m): 7:12pm On Oct 07, 2018
Explain to us how that’s bad belle?
chrischukszy01:

Bad belle kill u! Onye uchu

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians In New York Celebrate Independence On The Streets. Photos by nelronaldo(m): 7:12pm On Oct 07, 2018
They are the independent ones.. let them celebrate

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In New York Celebrate Independence On The Streets. Photos by Mubarak05(m): 7:12pm On Oct 07, 2018
Since when
Re: Nigerians In New York Celebrate Independence On The Streets. Photos by TrueNigerian300: 7:12pm On Oct 07, 2018
oodualover:

Thank you and well said. I laugh sometimes when i see the hypocrisy of Nigerians claiming to be patriotic.To be sincere what are we celebrating? Someone should please tell me.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians In New York Celebrate Independence On The Streets. Photos by sarrki(m): 7:12pm On Oct 07, 2018
Patriot I was there live
Re: Nigerians In New York Celebrate Independence On The Streets. Photos by Avedonn: 7:12pm On Oct 07, 2018
Once you are abroad, you'll always be proud to be associated with Nigeria. Especially in the United States where they view black Americans as inferior citizens.

Nigerians in diaspora don't identify themselves with the ethic group they belong to. Whether Hausa, Igbo or Yoruba, they see themselves as brothers and sisters and identify themselves as Nigerians.

Nigeria as faulty as it's, you won't know it's value until you found yourself in another mans country that's when you'll be thankful that you have an identity and country to call home.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians In New York Celebrate Independence On The Streets. Photos by Nobody: 7:13pm On Oct 07, 2018
It's obvious they left before Buhari took over power if not they would understand there's absolutely nothing to celebrate

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In New York Celebrate Independence On The Streets. Photos by Smart111j: 7:13pm On Oct 07, 2018
H

Re: Nigerians In New York Celebrate Independence On The Streets. Photos by Wiseandtrue(f): 7:13pm On Oct 07, 2018
Genuinely happy that power will change hands come 2019!

With Atiku, Nigerians will be united again!

South East, South South, South West and North ALL love Him!

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Leah Sharibu: Man Protests In Washington Over Abducted Christian Dacphi Girl / Troops Repel Bokoharam Incursion Into Damasak / "Unlettered And Uncultured People": Moghalu Apologises For Choice Of Words

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.