Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,235 members, 7,815,313 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

"Unlettered And Uncultured People": Moghalu Apologises For Choice Of Words - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Unlettered And Uncultured People": Moghalu Apologises For Choice Of Words (26417 Views)

"Invest In Lagos At Your Own Peril" - Maryanne Moghalu / Samuel Ogbuku: Bayelsa Governor Hails Tinubu For Choice Of NDDC MD / Florence Ajimobi And Rauf Olaniyan In Exchange Of Words (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Unlettered And Uncultured People": Moghalu Apologises For Choice Of Words by fergie001: 2:30pm On Apr 07, 2023
In my tweet yesterday on Prof. Wole Soyinka’s comment on Datti Baba Ahmed’s own comments about the 2023 presidential election,I said WS is a principled fighter for justice and a phenomenon “that unlettered and uncultured people may not fully understand in an age of lazy social media in which many don’t read or think deeply”.

I want to apologize FOR THE PHRASE IN QUOTATION MARKS which, on a second thought, can be misconstrued as a harsh judgment on citizens who are hurting from the outcome of the elections.

That was not my intention. While we all bear responsibility for the words we choose to use (and I have the utmost respect for Prof Soyinka and Dr. Datti-Ahmed), I caution again, however, that there will always be different voices with different beliefs in a democracy.

These voices are NOT illegitimate simply because we disagree with them or they do not agree either with our political preferences or with whatever manner in which we choose to express our views. This applies across the board to the supporters of ALL the leading candidates.

This is a difficult time for our country, but I hope we can still be civil and measured even as we may disagree.

Kingsley Moghalu OON

PREVIOUS THREAD:
https://www.nairaland.com/7642919/soyinka-survived-dictators-he-survive

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Unlettered And Uncultured People": Moghalu Apologises For Choice Of Words by BadBigot: 2:32pm On Apr 07, 2023
Polished unlike the erudite cultist professor with zero class.

140 Likes 18 Shares

Re: "Unlettered And Uncultured People": Moghalu Apologises For Choice Of Words by Djoel: 2:34pm On Apr 07, 2023
Apologies accepted.

We move...

62 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Unlettered And Uncultured People": Moghalu Apologises For Choice Of Words by Gbogbowa: 2:40pm On Apr 07, 2023
I hope the prof can do the same. WS for SW

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Unlettered And Uncultured People": Moghalu Apologises For Choice Of Words by Corn247: 2:40pm On Apr 07, 2023
Truth is bitter, they are savages and uncultured.

320 Likes 15 Shares

Re: "Unlettered And Uncultured People": Moghalu Apologises For Choice Of Words by fergie001: 2:41pm On Apr 07, 2023
>>>>

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Unlettered And Uncultured People": Moghalu Apologises For Choice Of Words by slivertongue: 2:43pm On Apr 07, 2023
Everyone jumping the gun. He too reacted without caution. So a structureless group can be this resolute & structured?

45 Likes 9 Shares

Re: "Unlettered And Uncultured People": Moghalu Apologises For Choice Of Words by christejames(m): 2:43pm On Apr 07, 2023
This is how a true learned fellow is suppose to behave, knowing when to shield the gun...

Unlike another so called Professor that has gone berserk.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "Unlettered And Uncultured People": Moghalu Apologises For Choice Of Words by Christistruth03: 2:46pm On Apr 07, 2023
Corn247:
Truth is bitter, they are savages and uncultured.

We are going through what made Gen Gowon Claim during the War

that the Educated ones were far more Tribalistic than the Uneducated ones

It is a very Strange Phenomenon that Social Scientists need to get to the root of

and unravel it ,it may likely be a Legacy of the Centuries old Osu Caste System induced
superiority Complex

244 Likes 9 Shares

Re: "Unlettered And Uncultured People": Moghalu Apologises For Choice Of Words by mrvitalis(m): 2:48pm On Apr 07, 2023
Again name one thing obidients have done that Tinubu supporters haven't done worse

Or name someone obidients have attacked unprovoked

And get 100k

6 months now no body has said anything

But every day obidients this obidients that

61 Likes 7 Shares

Re: "Unlettered And Uncultured People": Moghalu Apologises For Choice Of Words by Felabrity: 2:51pm On Apr 07, 2023
He should stop dickriding, he is old already

Soyinka can defend himself

4 Likes

Re: "Unlettered And Uncultured People": Moghalu Apologises For Choice Of Words by MorataFC: 2:52pm On Apr 07, 2023
Coward, do they deserve an apology? Was he wrong with what he said?

Do I need to apologize if I said devil is a liar?
Anybody that can insult who is old to be his/her father or mother is unlettered, uncultured and unlearned, period.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Unlettered And Uncultured People": Moghalu Apologises For Choice Of Words by Felabrity: 2:52pm On Apr 07, 2023
People are fighting for their future and some bst are calling them fascism and uncultured

34 Likes 6 Shares

Re: "Unlettered And Uncultured People": Moghalu Apologises For Choice Of Words by Reelmii: 2:52pm On Apr 07, 2023
grin everybody go dey alright
Re: "Unlettered And Uncultured People": Moghalu Apologises For Choice Of Words by inoki247: 2:53pm On Apr 07, 2023
Lol

2 Likes

Re: "Unlettered And Uncultured People": Moghalu Apologises For Choice Of Words by Raskimonojendor: 2:53pm On Apr 07, 2023
This guy is intelligent. He said what he said.

6 Likes

Re: "Unlettered And Uncultured People": Moghalu Apologises For Choice Of Words by helinues: 2:53pm On Apr 07, 2023
DSS should have picked this Keyamo cos his utterances are just too reckless

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Unlettered And Uncultured People": Moghalu Apologises For Choice Of Words by Ireportlive: 2:53pm On Apr 07, 2023
cool

Weyrey tutu people left a PhD in Economics and a Deputy Governor of CBN for a 3rd class Philosophy graduate

Hahaha... Mediocres

Give me Eng Umahi, Dr Moghalu, Prof Soludo if Tinubu doesn't perform beyond expectation in 2027

Use Renewed hope Manifesto and action plan as Tinubu's four years KPI... If he delivers 70% re elects him, or everyone should field a candidate

108 Likes

Re: "Unlettered And Uncultured People": Moghalu Apologises For Choice Of Words by Kobicove(m): 2:54pm On Apr 07, 2023
Can we just move on already?

The election has been won and lost! undecided

3 Likes

Re: "Unlettered And Uncultured People": Moghalu Apologises For Choice Of Words by Patrioticman007(m): 2:54pm On Apr 07, 2023
helinues:

Yes Daddy

4 Likes

Re: "Unlettered And Uncultured People": Moghalu Apologises For Choice Of Words by bewla(m): 2:54pm On Apr 07, 2023
Why

1 Like

Re: "Unlettered And Uncultured People": Moghalu Apologises For Choice Of Words by bewla(m): 2:55pm On Apr 07, 2023
Talk

1 Like

Re: "Unlettered And Uncultured People": Moghalu Apologises For Choice Of Words by Krugisback(m): 2:56pm On Apr 07, 2023
helinues:
did this dude means this

5 Likes

Re: "Unlettered And Uncultured People": Moghalu Apologises For Choice Of Words by Mccullum: 2:57pm On Apr 07, 2023
I stood with those words, that's the best adjectives for them.

97 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Unlettered And Uncultured People": Moghalu Apologises For Choice Of Words by iampeterben(m): 2:57pm On Apr 07, 2023
Social media never forgets Kingsley Moghalu will feel the impact later.

2 Likes

Re: "Unlettered And Uncultured People": Moghalu Apologises For Choice Of Words by Bar1941(m): 2:57pm On Apr 07, 2023
Gullible OBIdients had threatened this one as well as usual, he has no choice than to retract his words, but deep down we all know over 95% of Obi supporters are unlettered and uncultured. All they do is to pounce on you whenever you disagree with their lord and saviour Peter Obi.

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kaduna Lawmaker, Garba Madami, Dies 3 Days After Inauguration / Buhari nominates Dongban-Mensem as President, Court of Appeal / Second Bach Of A-29 Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Depart US For Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.