Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,317 members, 7,819,073 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:54 AM

Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? (62434 Views)

Tinubu: Shettima Is The Best Running Mate I Could Find / Reaction From Deltans As Okowa Emerges Running Mate Of Atiku (pics Attached) / Dele Momodu Congratulates Peter Obi As The Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by Glink2018(m): 2:39pm On Oct 07, 2018
I will be the best running mate for atiku abubakar.

Check my profile
Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by 0monnak0da: 2:39pm On Oct 07, 2018
Famzer:

The Southwest always foist this political circumstance on Nigeria with their highest voting strength down south and this time is not going to be different. I wish the southeast has enough voting strength to become the beautiful bride but it appears that PDP is left with no better Practical option for victory than pair a Southwesterner with Alhaji Atiku.
It's going to be another Falae Vs Obasanjo battle again but this time with the Vice presidency.

I do not understand all this talk of voting strength. All states are equal and what is more important is getting 25% or in the states where you are strong stop your opponent getting 25%.

the SW and SS both have 6 states each while the SE has only 5 so Atiku's best bet to my mind will be either SS or SW. Politically with 5 states the SE is irrelevant

To win the election Atiku needs to hold his NE region and am to stop Buhari winning 25%.

He needs to work in the NC region and aim for 25% across SW and particularly Lagos

Honestly I do not think a SW candidate will help him.

I cannot see any current PDP member in the SW that has any clout.

It will all come down to money and structures

We have a good idea how the SS and SE will vote but this time with the federal might and decampees like Akpabio,Uduaghan and so on Buhari will get 25%.

All said I think The resultt will be close and Buhari will win. Buhari will win SW so Atiku should go to the SS. A SE candidate will hinder rather than help him

2 Likes

Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by sogodihno: 2:39pm On Oct 07, 2018
paj4love:

Let tell ourselves the truth, Ben Bruce is a minority so take his name off the list , Akniwumi Adeshina has no political value. South Easterners candidate is the best option for atiku

What will Atiku gain by picking an easterner as VP, absolutely nothing.
SE is already in his bag, I know SE won't vote for Buhari. And SE has the least voters.
Anyway, I know Atiku won't make that mistake
Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by shevy878: 2:40pm On Oct 07, 2018
Ben bruce
Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by icon007(m): 2:40pm On Oct 07, 2018
0monnak0da:
Ben Bruce that did not do NYSC

grin, I just remembered, case.

NOI would have been another key, but for same reason of having the SE already. What influence would she have on North and SW votes! Also she been perceived to have allow corruption during GEJ would be a distraction. FG would definitely look for something to hang on her. PDP needs 'clean' hands for good ride.

A Dave Umahi might still do the work if PDP is bent on choosing from SE, otherwise I suggest a viable person from SW who can match Osinbajo.

1 Like

Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by fykes(m): 2:40pm On Oct 07, 2018
For a VP, I want OTEDOLA

2 Likes

Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by 0monnak0da: 2:40pm On Oct 07, 2018
icon007:

grin, I just remembered, case.

NOI would have been another key, but for same reason of having the SE already. What influence would she have on North and SW votes! Also she been perceived to have allow corruption during GEJ would be a distraction. FG would definitely look for something to hang on her. PDP needs 'clean' hands for good ride.

A Dave Umahi might still do the work if PDP is bent on choosing from SE, otherwise I suggest a viable person from SW who can match Osinbajo.

NOI did not do NYSC
Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by Ejyksneh(m): 2:41pm On Oct 07, 2018
[right][/right]nwa abakiliki
Sunofgod:
Father Mbaka...... grin
Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by PassingShot(m): 2:41pm On Oct 07, 2018
landmark86:
1. Atiku will claim all the vote in the North East
2. Atiku and PMB will both share the vote in North West equally
3. Atiku will have the larger vote in the Middle belt
4. Buhari will have the larger vote in the South West
5. Atiku can only lead Buhari with more vote if only he can pick his running mate either from South South or South East (South East preferable).

By this Atiku will emerge the winner come 2019 or else PMB keeping ruling till 2023.

My opinion

So, Atiku will claim all the votes in the NE and he will share all the votes in the NW with Buhari?

grin grin grin
Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by ChristineC: 2:41pm On Oct 07, 2018
Okonjo
Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by Chukazu: 2:42pm On Oct 07, 2018
Arunma Otti
Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Oct 07, 2018
Nnamdi Kanu will guarantee him 97% of the Eastern vote.
Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by Jaideyone(m): 2:42pm On Oct 07, 2018
AyakaDunukofia:

Please, how many votes did SW give Buhari in 2015? Answer is 700,000 votes,

When did SW start playing main stream political alliance with North?

Don't assign yourselves non existing importance.

Last time I checked, Yoruba has historically been in opposition.
lie. buhari got 3m votes from the south west

PDP got 2.7m

2 Likes

Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by IbrahimDamola: 2:42pm On Oct 07, 2018
fallout87:

I will be shocked if he picks SE.

He can't pick SS, because the PDP chairman is SS.

He will pick from SW. It won't be Fayose.

If he picks from SW, SE and SS will abandon him. yorubas have kicked out PDP from their region, they'll not be rewarded for that. It's going to the SE, the national chairman is from the SS already.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by Ejyksneh(m): 2:42pm On Oct 07, 2018
To slap you just dey hungry me
Sunofgod:
Father Mbaka...... grin
Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by Chukazu: 2:42pm On Oct 07, 2018
It's just NIGERIAN zoning system ,if not the South East have got the best of Presidential material. Talk of SOLUDO, EZEKWEZILI, OKONJO, BART NNAJI, MORGHALU, ARUNMA OTTI ...All proven and trusted

But one can only end up as vice
Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by Awoo88: 2:43pm On Oct 07, 2018
Peter Obi. He is a politician now. Ngozi is too much of a straight arrow. Atiku will never be comfortable with her. Wike is a thug, a very strong thug. No body with sense with Wike as a vice and go to bed with two eye close
Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by Glink2018(m): 2:44pm On Oct 07, 2018
modik:
Ngozi Okonjo Iweala.

The only technocrat capable of world acceptance and local appeal.

With her, #BackToDaura for PMB

No, you are wrong...

Atiku should pick.....

Diezani Alison Madueke should be his running mate.

She carry polithievian weight as Atiku
Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by onadana: 2:44pm On Oct 07, 2018
GAZZUZZ:
An Experienced tested Christian southerner. To create balance and Give APC a run for their money.

People and religion.
Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by fedora04: 2:44pm On Oct 07, 2018
He shouldn't look for a politician but a technocrat with impeccable record

Someone who has cloud in the Christian community.. Maybe a Pastor self .Someone popular amongst the youth also.

Someone that will also drive the elite to the polling booth the same way osibanjo did in 2015

Nigerians are sentimental Form an alliance with the big churches and their bishops. Especially the Catholic and orhtodox communities.

Then you can match APC.

2 Likes

Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by Spatta: 2:44pm On Oct 07, 2018
Nigeria is a dead country

see the agitation over a corrupt Atiku

whoa! those who took History out of our curriculum did us a great disservice

1 Like

Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by IbrahimDamola: 2:44pm On Oct 07, 2018
bonechamberlain:
peter obo, Ngozi okonjo, akinwunmi adesina,

Akinwunmi adeshina is from SW and a member of APC.
Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by chikeson2008: 2:46pm On Oct 07, 2018
It appears Atiku will give Buhari a tough battle. But , if Atiku dare pick a running mate outside southeast, we in the southeast will abandon him and better vote for Buhari

1 Like

Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by bonechamberlain(m): 2:46pm On Oct 07, 2018
IbrahimDamola:

Akinwunmi adeshina is from SW and a member of APC.
a member of APC, when.
Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by correctyourself(m): 2:46pm On Oct 07, 2018
ukandi1:

Yahya Bello inherited a state that was burden by debts incurred by past administration. The same problem his counterpart in Cross River faced.
Besides, he was voted in as APC candidate not because he was youth. Do not question the strength in youthfulness

You are only given an excuse, a good student would never complain that the exams he/she read for what to hard to answer the question in an examination hall, young people of today I repeat I am afraid of them, which strength are you talking of? is it the one channel to a wrong direction all the time?

Now lets leave bello out of this;

The thuges you see who has disrupt several elections, who is sending them; is it people that has clock 60s, who are the thurgs, are they not young people.
Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by 0monnak0da: 2:48pm On Oct 07, 2018
ISLAMBAD:

The way southern votes were divided in 1979 is still the same way northern votes will still be divided in 2019.

There is no parallel between 1979 and now so stop talking nonsense

What do you mean by "divided"

There were 10 states in the North in 1979 and Shagari only got 25% in 7 states
He got 25% in 5 states in the South

his party the NPN won the governorship in 5 States out of 10
Sokoto Niger, Benue,Kwara and Bauchi

It did not win in the other five Plateau,Kano,Kaduna,Gongola and Borno

These are the only states (10) that were present at that time
Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by sweetgala(m): 2:48pm On Oct 07, 2018
landmark86:
1. Atiku will claim all the vote in the North East
2. Atiku and PMB will both share the vote in North West equally
3. Atiku will have the larger vote in the Middle belt
4. Buhari will have the larger vote in the South West
5. Atiku can only lead Buhari with more vote if only he can pick his running mate either from South South or South East (South East preferable).

By this Atiku will emerge the winner come 2019 or else PMB keeping ruling till 2023.

My opinion

You don't even know the political permutations of Nigeria, Atiku has no chance

NE is APC(Buhari)
NW is APC(Buhari)
SW is APC(Buhari) but PDP would do well too
PDP(Atiku) would take the SE/SS but expect APC(Buhari) to have more votes in SS than he had in 2015
MD is largely PDP but APC would still cache many votes there

2019 is an APC(Buhari) win a smaller margin than 2015 but still an APC(Buhari) win

2 Likes

Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by grateful236(m): 2:48pm On Oct 07, 2018
SW is the best bet. SE will just be a waste cuz se will definitely not vote Buhari. SS can't happen because PDP chairman is SS. SW is better than SE by far

1 Like

Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by Rollins777(m): 2:48pm On Oct 07, 2018
Is better PDP chose a running mate from the west been PDP is 100% assure of the east and South vote, so by choosing a running mate from the west will enable PDP share the western Vote with APC,already atiku is from the North which assure him of getting vote from there even if it is 30% vote, Atiku all the way.
Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by wristbangle: 2:49pm On Oct 07, 2018
paj4love:
Most of the analysis up there about feed a SW as VP is a scam, atiku don't need to pick anybody from SW, if he does that means he will be openIng SE and SS to APC. His best bet is feeding SE VP or he should for get It.

You are right but don't forget these politicians also work and tact with the number of PVC on ground per region which SE is the least.

Also the voting pattern of SW is unwavering but for sure SS is in Atiku pocket. Picking a SE VP would dwindled his. It's not about greed, it's about being strategic and resolute to win this current administration.

Didn't you see the statistics that show SW is second region with most PVC registered users?

1 Like

Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by Glink2018(m): 2:49pm On Oct 07, 2018
Spatta:
Nigeria is a dead country

see the agitation over a corrupt Atiku

whoa! those who took History out of our curriculum did us a great disservice

Nigeria is a country whereby we manage any crude, illtrerate or corrupt polithievian we have as long as they are popular.

No integrity value any more. It is all about APC and PDP both parties sharing our money
Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Oct 07, 2018
Tolexander:
Goodluck Jonathan!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

President Buhari Arrived Abuja In Style After Postponement Of The Election(pics) / Ibrahim Maqari On Deborah Samuel: Muslims Have Red Line That Must Not Be Crossed / See Obama Displaying Illuminati Sign (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.