Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,818 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? (62428 Views)

Tinubu: Shettima Is The Best Running Mate I Could Find / Reaction From Deltans As Okowa Emerges Running Mate Of Atiku (pics Attached) / Dele Momodu Congratulates Peter Obi As The Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by IbrahimDamola: 3:24pm On Oct 07, 2018
Benekruku:

Were we playing tribal cards like we do today?

yes we were. If not Awolowo would have won. Awolowo was more qualified and educated than shagari but we all know why he lost out and remains the proverbial 'best president nigeria never had'. cheesy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by esanuaje1: 3:24pm On Oct 07, 2018
H. E Ayodele Fayose the rock.
Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by Odingo1: 3:27pm On Oct 07, 2018
Famzer:

Hahaha. Please don't confuse Ekiti and Osun election for national presidential election sir. The South West is seriously angling for the Presidency in 2023 and it's best bet is the Vice Presidency,anything else won't persuade them to vote against APC. Currently,it is the dominant political bloc in the southwest that is backing Prof osibanjo so PDP will give APC a strong edge if it goes to another zone for its Vice presidency slot. It is not that I am particularly happy that the southeast has a lesser chance but PDP will lose the election if doesn't field Southwest

On what ground should SW be looking for presidency in 2023 after having 8 years of Obasanjo presidency not long ago
, so SE, NC and NE that have not produced presidency since 1999 are just sit down dey look abi.

9 Likes

Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by onyidon22(m): 3:28pm On Oct 07, 2018

5 Likes

Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by IbrahimDamola: 3:28pm On Oct 07, 2018
0monnak0da:
They are mostly minority groups but have produced a president and are targetting their second.
The SE is not relevant in Nigerian politics. A people who one minute are calling for Biafra?
?
If the Eboes like they can be 100% in the SW their votes will be counted how the Yoruba want them to be counted and nothing will happen.

Your lamentations and pains won't change the fact that the VP slot goes to the SE. Atiku will not pick a candidate from a SW region that is under the hypnotic spell of one brown-toothed thieving creature called Tinubu. Make peace with that. grin

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by Elexdallas(m): 3:31pm On Oct 07, 2018
Erm,
Peter Obi is a good option,
But we will like to create history, so a woman should be his running mate,
I know women and feminists will like having a female Vice President.. so okonjo iwela

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by MahatmaGhandi: 3:32pm On Oct 07, 2018
Skyfornia:
Peter Obi or Donald Duke....but surprisingly, Donald decamped and also won the presidential primary election for his new party.

The South south is still mad at donald, he won't go far.

1 Like

Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by Toosure70: 3:33pm On Oct 07, 2018
I hope the fear of PDP will make Baba increase salaries now.

6 Likes

Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by micflo28(m): 3:34pm On Oct 07, 2018
Lets drum support for peter. He is the best presidential material to compensate we igbos come 2023... #peterisbetter

3 Likes

Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by IbrahimDamola: 3:36pm On Oct 07, 2018
deflover:

We don't want any Yoruba abeg

A middle belt person will be fine
Or south east

NOI is south south

Middlebelt is technically north, so that leaves SE. yoruba can not have the PDP slot. They know it but simply want to play spoiler for Atiku by trying to sell themselves while objecting against SE and SS zone.

We sabi their game wella. Most of the SW morons here protesting against SE Vp ticket and asking for ticket from the PDP they hate so much are typing right from BMC zombie offices, and are thiefnuubus paid online hungry agberoes. We will beat them to their game. grin

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Oct 07, 2018
oluwaseyi000:

Hopefully PDP will choose a reasonable and acceptable vice

The reason south west seems to tilt towards buhari especially during his second term bid is osinbajo, not a case of tribalism of him simply being a Yoruba man but of his qualifications, a good technocrat, scandal free, family man and Public Relation man. Hate or like Tinubu he seems to have abundance of this amazing technocrats in his war chest and uses them appropriately.

PDP/Atiku should note that not everything is about Buhari/APC, in choosing their vice, the target man should be Osinbajo nothing less than him should be presented, forget the position of president you need someone people will rather vote rather than osinbajo and I must confess that is a more difficult job than finding a match against buhari

Adesina is a bomb
Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by Famzer: 3:36pm On Oct 07, 2018
Odingo1:

On what ground should SW be looking for presidency in 2023 after having 8 years of Obasanjo presidency not long ago
, so SE, NC and NE that have not produced presidency since 1999 are just sit down dey look abi.
Hahaha. My brother grin you are not smiling at all! Let me tell you sir,as the political equation currently stands,the Southwest will clinch the Presidency after a PMB presidency because they worked hard for it. Power is not given,it is taken. These guys are geniuses!
Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by Moukandjo: 3:36pm On Oct 07, 2018
bishopkay:

Atiku already has the SS and SE locked down but voter apathy in the SE may make them not come out to vote and even if he wins the region, he may not have the numbers to win an already inflated NW vote for the dullard.

SW is a bad option cause it's a 50-50 thing. Their votes would be divided. Many of them want buhari out but are sympathetic to tinubu, While some hate tinubu. The PDP won't do well there so they should not risk it cause it'd be like throwing jewel to swine (not calling the SWesterners swine though before someone misconstrues my intention) they won't appreciate it.

I'm from the SS but honestly I'd prefer the vp slot to go to Peter Obi from the SE. Okonjo is a good option but the APC smear campaign and propaganda on her is yet to fully clear off many foolish Nigerians heads.

Only the sane ones know the APC mischieve and those ones are few

I hope the PDP takes this advise as they almost fell into the Saraki or Tambuwal presidential pit. It'd have been a death knelt for them. The major competitors there to me were Kwankwaso and Atiku.

It is a fact that Okonjo-Iweala, under Ebelemi, oversaw the plunging of our GDP from 7.68% to just 2.35% when the satanic party left office in May 2015! It's a fact that Okonjo-Iweala oversaw the plunging of our foreign direct investment! It is also a fact that Okonjo-Iweala oversaw the plunging of our foreign reserves by over $20b! These, my friend, aren't propaganda!
Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by babadee1(m): 3:37pm On Oct 07, 2018
paj4love:
Most of the analysis up there about feed a SW as VP is a scam, atiku don't need to pick anybody from SW, if he does that means he will be openIng SE and SS to APC. His best bet is feeding SE VP or he should for get It.

SE will never go for APC. It's either PDP or APGA over there. I'm not sure Atiku has to worry much about losing the SE.
Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by GreatMahmud: 3:37pm On Oct 07, 2018
0monnak0da:

I do not understand all this talk of voting strength. All states are equal and what is more important is getting 25% or in the states where you are strong stop your opponent getting 25%.

the SW and SS both have 6 states each while the SE has only 5 so Atiku's best bet to my mind will be either SS or SW. Politically with 5 states the SE is irrelevant

To win the election Atiku needs to hold his NE region and am to stop Buhari winning 25%.

He needs to work in the NC region and aim for 25% across SW and particularly Lagos

Honestly I do not think a SW candidate will help him.

I cannot see any current PDP member in the SW that has any clout.

It will all come down to money and structures

We have a good idea how the SS and SE will vote but this time with the federal might and decampees like Akpabio,Uduaghan and so on Buhari will get 25%.

All said I think The resultt will be close and Buhari will win. Buhari will win SW so Atiku should go to the SS. A SE candidate will hinder rather than help him

Very lame and daft analysis.. We are talking about number/population of voters in various geopolitical regions and not number of states!!
Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Oct 07, 2018
Peter Obi. Jonathan cannot go, that will be a demotion for him. Ngo is ok, but let her be the woman she is. Wike should continue his courageous work, better in another powerful sector .
Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by AyakaDunukofia: 3:38pm On Oct 07, 2018
AyakaDunukofia:

[img] http://dailypost.ng/2017/10/23/dont-rate-contribution-buharis-2015-victory-junaid-mohammed-tells-south-west/ [/img]

SOUTH WEST GAVE BUHARI A PALTRY 700K. IT IS A NATIONAL RECORD. ATIKU IS NOT READY FOR THAT. HE NEEDS A BLOCK VOTE.

SOUTH East VOTE is NOT certain for anyone. They VOTE in BLOCK. And not ready to take any insult.
Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by fallout87: 3:38pm On Oct 07, 2018
Kkk777:
He should pick his deputy from SS or SE and promise SW senate President.

This doesn't make sense.

Saraki will return as senator and will continue as Senate President. SGF goes to SE.

VP goes to SW.

Hopefully they are intelligent and pick someone who has great experience, education and has served in high capacity.

I would even like if they looked at a SW military retired general
Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Oct 07, 2018
Nnamdi Kanu
Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by Famzer: 3:40pm On Oct 07, 2018
maybachmusic:

Adesina is a bomb
On paper. His best bet is Agbaje who is politically relevant in Yoruba land from Afenifere to PDP to Lagos. Most people don't know Dr Adeshina and he has no political allegiance to any of the formidable political bloc in Yorubaland
Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by kmaster007: 3:40pm On Oct 07, 2018
Anthony Joshua

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by Anazp: 3:41pm On Oct 07, 2018
paj4love:

Let tell ourselves the truth, Ben Bruce is a minority so take his name off the list , Akniwumi Adeshina has no political value. South Easterners candidate is the best option for atiku
did osinbajo have any electoral value in 2015?
Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by Glink2018(m): 3:41pm On Oct 07, 2018
IbrahimDamola:

Middlebelt is technically north, so that leaves SE. yoruba can not have the PDP slot. They know it but simply want to play spoiler for Atiku by trying to sell themselves while objecting against SE and SS zone.

We sabi their game wella. grin

Igbo Amaka...

You don't carry omo Igbo politics come nairaland platform. Are you the atiku that's looking for running mate?

I know and I believe Atiku will prefer an afonja to Igbo Amaka as his running mate.
Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by Alcantara88: 3:42pm On Oct 07, 2018
Tolexander:
Goodluck Jonathan!

do u want atiku to die so that jonathan can take over?

undecided
Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by Linzo(m): 3:44pm On Oct 07, 2018
Take or leave it PDP is still very strong in SW and due to the underperformance of PMB many persons from that region will not vote PMB. Check osun and ekiti election and see that PDP is stronger in SW.

In the case of Lagos buhari is gooner because majority of lagosians are complaining bitterly about PMB style of government that have brought hardship to them, many of them have their children abroad schooling and the Buhari regime as made it difficult for them to access dollars and also the high exchange rate have been another factor that many Nigeria and lagosians are lamenting, this couple with the issue of Ambode. Believe it or not Ambode will not worked earnestly for the success of APC

In SS and SE you need to see the hatred this two regions have for Buhari, i came from these two regions, if any one tell you Buhari can get 5% vote in both Rivers and Akwa Ibom then that person is deceiving you. In Delta which is my state Buhari is equal to nothing, so 1%_vote for him in Delta state is by God grace.

In SE which is my mother's region whether PDP take a vice from the SE or not they can never vote Buhari, I mean PMB will never get up to 0.04% vote their. Its either you believe it or not but that's the bitter truth.

The best thing PDP should do is get a credible vice from SW to appeal and entice them more and that solves PDP problem in the Southern Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by emexc11(m): 3:45pm On Oct 07, 2018
Atiku/Obi
Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by KingAlige: 3:46pm On Oct 07, 2018
Keziehenry:
Having won the PDP primary, the next thing on the mind of people now is who his running mate will be. Will it be Wike, Peter Obi, Ngozi Okonjo Iweala or who? Kindly feel free to suggest the best running mate for the most Atikulated man for the job.
lalasticlala

OKONJO IWEALA will be a perfect choice.

1, it will give the Government gender balance which is key.

2, OKONJO IWEALA will bring her wealth of knowledge in Economic management and international connection to the table.

3, OKONJO IWEALA will act as a Unifier for Atiku candidacy, especially the much needed support of the likes of OBJ and co.

4, OKONJO IWEALA will give the East a sense of belonging which will make them to give PDP maximum support. Etc

7 Likes

Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by Crossboy(m): 3:49pm On Oct 07, 2018
He Should Pick From Sw..... Se Is Of No Political Importance. They Will Always Vote Pdp And Ss Also

Adeshina Is A Perfect Match
Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by funshint(m): 3:50pm On Oct 07, 2018
Osita Chidoka or Frank Nweke Junior
Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by AkhereOkaka(m): 3:51pm On Oct 07, 2018
landmark86:
1. Atiku will claim all the vote in the North East
2. Atiku and PMB will both share the vote in North West equally
3. Atiku will have the larger vote in the Middle belt
4. Buhari will have the larger vote in the South West
5. Atiku can only lead Buhari with more vote if only he can pick his running mate either from South South or South East (South East preferable).

By this Atiku will emerge the winner come 2019 or else PMB will keep ruling till 2023.

My opinion

The south south is out of it, I will suggest Atiku picks his vice presidential candidate from either South East

Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by 0monnak0da: 3:51pm On Oct 07, 2018
GreatMahmud:

Very lame and daft analysis.. We are talking about number/population of voters in various geopolitical regions and not number of states!!

Did I send my analysis to your father or to you mother?

If you do not like it why not ignore it instead of coming here to insult your mother and father?

Why not stay in the mire with your fellow animals instead of quoting me foolishly ? Learn how to behave when you wander into the midst of human beings
Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by 0monnak0da: 3:53pm On Oct 07, 2018
Odingo1:

Jonathan president came by chance,just as Obasanjo military head of state came by chance.

You are hoping that rigging will always do the magic, Igbos are formidable in Nigerian politics if not you will not always be talking of Eboes.

Biafra is a different ball game, stop using it to blackmail the Igbos.
Talk is cheap the election is months away

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

Buhari Expresses Sadness As APC Loses 50 Elective Seats / Shekau Appoints Abu Muhammad As New War Commander, Kills Predecessor / Confirmed Results As Announced By INEC Live

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.