Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,250 members, 7,818,864 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? (62430 Views)

Tinubu: Shettima Is The Best Running Mate I Could Find / Reaction From Deltans As Okowa Emerges Running Mate Of Atiku (pics Attached) / Dele Momodu Congratulates Peter Obi As The Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by luckyogor(m): 3:08pm On Oct 07, 2018
Okonjo iweala would be fantastic, but she won't take it,peter obi would make sense, but wont the east remember his dumping of APGA and feel it's a betrayal, atiku should work hard sha,because i feel that he is capable of defeating buhari.

6 Likes

Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by Famzer: 3:08pm On Oct 07, 2018
0monnak0da:

I do not understand all this talk of voting strength. All states are equal and what is more important is getting 25% or in the states where you are strong stop your opponent getting 25%.

the SW and SS both have 6 states each while the SE has only 5 so Atiku's best bet to my mind will be either SS or SW. Politically with 5 states the SE is irrelevant

To win the election Atiku needs to hold his NE region and am to stop Buhari winning 25%.

He needs to work in the NC region and aim for 25% across SW and particularly Lagos

Honestly I do not think a SW candidate will help him.

I cannot see any current PDP member in the SW that has any clout.

It will all come down to money and structures

We have a good idea how the SS and SE will vote but this time with the federal might and decampees like Akpabio,Uduaghan and so on Buhari will get 25%.

All said I think The resultt will be close and Buhari will win. Buhari will win SW so Atiku should go to the SS. A SE candidate will hinder rather than help him
You still have not said how Southwest will leave the slot of the Vice Presidency which is like the position of the President in waiting and vote for a less influential position sir wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by kelvinchreez: 3:09pm On Oct 07, 2018
Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by Odingo1: 3:09pm On Oct 07, 2018
SE is sure bet for him, he will have 11 state of SE/SS plus 6 state of north central, quarter of SW and NE/NW will give him victory, but it look like INEC will rig the election for Buhari.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by 0monnak0da: 3:10pm On Oct 07, 2018
Famzer:

You still have not said how Southwest will leave the slot of the Vice Presidency which is like the position of the President in waiting and vote for a less influential position sir wink
And how is that my job?
Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by Chevronstaff: 3:10pm On Oct 07, 2018
Peter Obi
Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by Femiflo1: 3:11pm On Oct 07, 2018
KOLAPO OLUSOLA ELEKA is not a bad idea if it's gonna be a fight of PROFESSORSHIP............. Peter Obi and Okonjo Iweala good to go too
Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by Ahmeduana(m): 3:13pm On Oct 07, 2018
Atiku needs a fighter, atiku needs FAYOSE!
Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by emmanuelpopson(m): 3:14pm On Oct 07, 2018
Now that Atiku has emerged as the sole candidate of PDP... I think the next thing is to rally round him and restrategise and form a Strong alliance with numerous interest groups..the other contestants should work with him and see the party as theirs...
now to the subject. matter...
Atiku had some presence in south West VI's a VI's..he is known to have massive support in SW.the north east is his domain,NC his backyard,, SS his ally and SE his home.. the NW,he can used Tambuwa and Kwankazo to gather 25% votes... now..the South west is where the game will be played...so I think he should pick a strong and dynamic person from SW... to share the support base of Buhari/Oshinbajo... but I won't want Fayose at all. a clean and lovable person with track records of performance... Maybe Mimiko...but dunno if that possible...
Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by 0monnak0da: 3:14pm On Oct 07, 2018
paj4love:

Chairman SS region are mostly minority groups but SE have a block vote for PDP if they will feed a SE candidate and don't forget Lagos and the SW have nothing less than 20% South Easterners, PH has about 30% Igbo's, Delta 20%, etc t
They are mostly minority groups but have produced a president and are targetting their second.
The SE is not relevant in Nigerian politics. A people who one minute are calling for Biafra?
?
If the Eboes like they can be 100% in the SW their votes will be counted how the Yoruba want them to be counted and nothing will happen.
Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by IbrahimDamola: 3:14pm On Oct 07, 2018
ochallo:
If PDP knows their onions, they should throw open the VP slot and make Nigerians vote for Direct Primary. List about 10 Names and let people decide.

Peter Obi
Okonjo Iweala
Ben Bruce
Akinwumi Adeshina

Did APC throw open their ballot before our yoruba man Osibande emerged as VP?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by Koralords: 3:15pm On Oct 07, 2018
Bola tinubu
Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by omoharry(f): 3:15pm On Oct 07, 2018
oluwaseyi000:

Hopefully PDP will choose a reasonable and acceptable vice

The reason south west seems to tilt towards buhari especially during his second term bid is osinbajo, not a case of tribalism of him simply being a Yoruba man but of his qualifications, a good technocrat, scandal free, family man and Public Relation man. Hate or like Tinubu he seems to have abundance of this amazing technocrats in his war chest and uses them appropriately.

PDP/Atiku should note that not everything is about Buhari/APC, in choosing their vice, the target man should be Osinbajo nothing less than him should be presented, forget the position of president you need someone people will rather vote rather than osinbajo and I must confess that is a more difficult job than finding a match against buhari

Osibanjo ke! but he is a vice president ..and on the opposition party

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by Odingo1: 3:15pm On Oct 07, 2018
Famzer:

SW will always divide their vote,they will like to seat on the wall as usual, they didn't vote for Buhari massively in 2015, that is why the Northerners was telling Yorubas that without their vote that Buhari would have won 2015 election.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by Odionprince24: 3:16pm On Oct 07, 2018
Ngozi okonjo,

1 Like

Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by IbrahimDamola: 3:17pm On Oct 07, 2018
paj4love:
Most of the analysis up there about feed a SW as VP is a scam, atiku don't need to pick anybody from SW, if he does that means he will be openIng SE and SS to APC. His best bet is feeding SE VP or he should for get It.

You get sense, na ya papa born you. Our yoruba bmc here want to deceive Atiku and PDP into making a blunder that will gift APC an easy ride. grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by FBIL: 3:17pm On Oct 07, 2018
SW is too deceptive to rely upon. Look at how they disappointed Saraki. A people in the pocket of one Jagaban cannot give us VP.
SE/SS will produce block votes both within and outside their region.
SE more specifically, should give us VP slot.
Okonjo-Iweala or Peter Obi understand the economy and job creation. And this is what is giving the US Trump a boost.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by chijokz(m): 3:17pm On Oct 07, 2018
PapaBrowne:
Okonjo Iweala!!!

She has global contacts.
She is Igbo but from the South South.
She would galvanize female votes.
She is a super technocrat.
She has worked with Atiku before.
I concur...another viable candidate is Ben Bruce..He's very close to Atiku who prefers to work with people close and loyal to him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by mywells: 3:17pm On Oct 07, 2018
SARAKI NI SE EH
Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by LordNapoleon: 3:17pm On Oct 07, 2018
sexiestharam:
If you watched the primaries, you will realise his closeness to Ben Bruce. Ben Bruce would likely be his running mate.
That would be a recipe for failure.
Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by MrMacinterchi1: 3:18pm On Oct 07, 2018
Pls, how would his running mate be determined? is it left for him to choose or for the party to do the picking ?
Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by Famzer: 3:19pm On Oct 07, 2018
paj4love:

My brother let's say things as we see it, SW vote will be 50/50 or 60/40 as far as PDP is Concern, even though you give them the VP slot, but South East will be of an advantage to PDP, Because APC is already woeing them with presidential slot in 2023 and if they fall for it then Atiku should say bye-bye to his presidential bid, and 2023 is not even sure for SE under APC because of Tinubu factor
Hahaha. Please don't confuse Ekiti and Osun election for national presidential election sir. The South West is seriously angling for the Presidency in 2023 and it's best bet is the Vice Presidency,anything else won't persuade them to vote against APC. Currently,it is the dominant political bloc in the southwest that is backing Prof osibanjo so PDP will give APC a strong edge if it goes to another zone for its Vice presidency slot. It is not that I am particularly happy that the southeast has a lesser chance but PDP will lose the election if doesn't field Southwest

1 Like

Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by omoharry(f): 3:19pm On Oct 07, 2018
Bunzi:
I feel PDP should pick a female as atiku's running mate.
Abi ooo!
Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by tuoyoojo(m): 3:20pm On Oct 07, 2018
pdp should kindly pick someone from the south west o....it is the south west that has determined the swing of vote in Nigerian politics

what is d numerical strength of voters in d south east.
Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by obailala(m): 3:21pm On Oct 07, 2018
Peter Obi!

If Atiku picks his vice from the SW, that would be automatic victory for Buhari. Today the SE stands as the greatest opposition to Buhari and APC. Disregarding the SE and picking a running mate from the SW would be a very distasteful insult to the SE which would consequently result in widespread voter apathy.

7 Likes

Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by paj4love: 3:21pm On Oct 07, 2018
grateful236:
SW is the best bet. SE will just be a waste cuz se will definitely not vote Buhari. SS can't happen because PDP chairman is SS. SW is better than SE by far

While will I leave a (SE) that will give me 6 million block vote to a (SW) that will manage to give me 2 million vote and in that same 2 million vote the same (SE) that will give me 6 million vote still have a fear share In the 2 million vote the (SW) will give me ?

Let think this twice my brother

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by alberson(f): 3:21pm On Oct 07, 2018
Keziehenry:
Having won the PDP primary, the next thing on the mind of people now is who his running mate will be. Will it be Wike, Peter Obi, Ngozi Okonjo Iweala or who? Kindly feel free to suggest the best running mate for the most Atikulated man for the job.
lalasticlala

Atiku's running mate will be Sen. Ben Bruce.
Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by Odingo1: 3:22pm On Oct 07, 2018
0monnak0da:
They are mostly minority groups but have produced a president and are targetting their second.
The SE is not relevant in Nigerian politics. A people who one minute are calling for Biafra?
?
If the Eboes like they can be 100% in the SW their votes will be counted how the Yoruba want them to be counted and nothing will happen.

Jonathan president came by chance,just as Obasanjo military head of state came by chance.

You are hoping that rigging will always do the magic, Igbos are formidable in Nigerian politics if not you will not always be talking of Eboes.

Biafra is a different ball game, stop using it to blackmail the Igbos.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by drafo(m): 3:22pm On Oct 07, 2018
Any of these trio: Akinwunmi Adesina, okonjo iweala and Peter obi

1 Like

Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by egojeny1(f): 3:23pm On Oct 07, 2018
landmark86:
1. Atiku will claim all the vote in the North East
2. Atiku and PMB will both share the vote in North West equally
3. Atiku will have the larger vote in the Middle belt
4. Buhari will have the larger vote in the South West
5. Atiku can only lead Buhari with more vote if only he can pick his running mate either from South South or South East (South East preferable).

By this Atiku will emerge the winner come 2019 or else PMB will keep ruling till 2023.

My opinion

Well said.

1 Like

Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by Mohayaks: 3:23pm On Oct 07, 2018
emmanuelpopson:
Now that Atiku has emerged as the sole candidate of PDP... I think the next thing is to rally round him and restrategise and form a Strong alliance with numerous interest groups..the other contestants should work with him and see the party as theirs...
now to the subject. matter...
Atiku had some presence in south West VI's a VI's..he is known to have massive support in SW.the north east is his domain,NC his backyard,, SS his ally and SE his home.. the NW,he can used Tambuwa and Kwankazo to gather 25% votes... now..the South west is where the game will be played...so I think he should pick a strong and dynamic person from SW... to share the support base of Buhari/Oshinbajo... but I won't want Fayose at all. a clean and lovable person with track records of performance... Maybe Mimiko...but dunno if that possible...
oga atiku cannot even win adamawa state nor any other state in the northeast , i am from the northeast and write this down
Re: Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? by Famzer: 3:23pm On Oct 07, 2018
Odingo1:

SW will always divide their vote,they will like to seat on the wall as usual, they didn't vote for Buhari massively in 2015, that is why the Northerners was telling Yorubas that without their vote that Buhari would have won 2015 election.
That division itself is strategic but go and check it out,it still serves their political interests. It's a political checkmate because both political parties have to fight for the zone cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Confirmed Results As Announced By INEC Live / Buhari Bows In Front Of Senator Akpabio (Photo) / President Buhari Arrived Abuja In Style After Postponement Of The Election(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.