Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,783 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:29 PM

Atiku/fayose Ticket: Tragedy In The Making! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku/fayose Ticket: Tragedy In The Making! (314 Views)

Obi, Atiku, Fayose, Other Notable Politicians Involved In Leaked Conversation / 2023: Despite My Support For Wike, I’ll Work For Atiku – Fayose / Atiku, Fayose, Sowore Reacts As INEC Reschedules General Election, States Why (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Atiku/fayose Ticket: Tragedy In The Making! by Africlegend: 5:42pm On Oct 07, 2018
Atiku/Fayose Ticket: Tragedy in the Making!

Certain rumors are deadly. One of such is currently blowing in the wind. I just returned from Church, where we prayed for Nigeria the umpteenth time. That God gives us good leaders, those who know what the problems are, the magic wand to employ and, are willing to do the needful in a matter of months, if not weeks. Then, in one my favorite social media groups, I saw the caption, Atiku/Fayose ticket: the devil is a lier! I knew it was only a rumor and it better remains so. Atiku had won today's presidential primary, his running mate is not yet known, but Fayose's Vice-presidency would be too costly.It would be a grave mistake, it would spell economic doom for Nigeria. He has his strengths and weaknesses like every man and, i'm not out to cut him up in anyway, but for the Vice-presidency, trust me, he's really a no-no.

Ordinarily, the Vice-president is only a lieutenant. He's to take orders from the President on whom the Constitution confers the Executive power whole enchilada, but the single role of Chairman, National Economic Council suggests that not just anyone can occupy such a position but one who has what it takes to drive the wheel of the Nation's Economy and, that's where my fear lurks. The wheel needs be driven better and faster now than ever. There's so much hunger in the land, the people are crying hard and, in the midst of all these, what Nigeria needs now is faultless Economic Transformation. If you would not mind, what do Fayose know about the Economy?

Watching from behind, all Fayose did in Ekiti was to share the monthly allocation and shed tears whenever it seemed not enough. When he would do something about Ekiti state's sinking IGR, he taxed primary school pupils. He taxed secondary school students. When he would move in the Economy's direction, he oversaw the liquidation of Warm Spring Waters Limited, producers of Gossy water that you and I used to drink. He left high and dry Ikogosi Warm Spring Resorts and, as if that wasn't enough, Fayose's Economic wizardry sent Coca-cola away from Ekiti, ROMACO Igbemo fled, even GTB ran away leaving family bread winners jobless. Fayose could not have designedly destroyed Ekiti's Economy, or so I would maintain at the moment. He just didn't know what to do.

That is how effective Fayose's Economic blue prints could be and it would be death-dealing if extended beyond Ekiti State. I don't have issues with Atiku's Presidency, he's arguably the largest private employer of labor in Nigeria. I know of Intels, I know of Prodeco, I know of Atiku Abubakar farm, even ABTI schools. You will do well to ask Fayose what he did in the eight years he was out of Ekiti Government house. Politics is simply Fayose's sole business! Anyways, he had been one of the main men standing, in the PDP, against Buhari's grenades and so; deserves some accolades. If the PDP incoming government likes, let it create a new ministry that fits Fayose's personality and make him its boss, I care much less, but the Vice-presidency is not Fayose's business. We deserve not just leaders this time, but those that will make things happen.

Ayeni Faith Damilola is a writer, public speaker and, eulogist.
faithdamilolaayeni@yahoo.com

(1) (Reply)

Chris Uba Speaks On Why He Is Contesting Against His Brother / [watch Video] Lagos Policemen Using A Keg As Fuel Tank For Their Van In Lagos / Atiku Vs Buhari; Whither Tilts The Pendulum?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.