Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,296 members, 7,811,885 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:14 PM

2023: Despite My Support For Wike, I’ll Work For Atiku – Fayose - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Despite My Support For Wike, I’ll Work For Atiku – Fayose (20325 Views)

Obi, Atiku, Fayose, Other Notable Politicians Involved In Leaked Conversation / Wike: I’ll Announce My Presidential Candidate In January (Video, Pics) / 2023: Despite His Hate For Igbo, Ikpeazu Decided To Support Wike - Udensi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Despite My Support For Wike, I’ll Work For Atiku – Fayose by Lurdmax10: 9:49am On Sep 20, 2022
Mr Fayose said he would never join the APC

The former Ekiti State governor, Ayo Fayose, has said despite his misgivings about the current state of affairs within the Peoples Democratic Party, he will not defect to the All Progressives Congress.

Mr Fayose also restated his support for the Governor of Rivers State, Nyesom Wike, in his contention with the presidential candidate of the PDP, Atiku Abubakar.

The former governor was addressing key members of the party in Ado Ekiti on Monday.

The leadership of the PDP had been making efforts to ensure the support of the Rivers State Governor for the presidential candidate of the party.

Mr Wike has been indifferent to the party’s activities since he lost the presidential ticket to Mr Atiku and was also not considered for the Vice Presidential slot.

The governors of Lagos and Ekiti states, Babajide Sanwo-olu and Kayode Fayemi had, in the company of Mr Fayose, travelled to Rivers State apparently to woo the governor to the APC.

Although rumours had it that Mr Wike was considering dumping the PDP ahead of the 2023 presidential election, the governor came out to deny it.

However, Mr Fayose said on Monday that despite his support for the Rivers State Governor, he will work for Mr Atiku in the coming election.

A lot has been said, but like I have said many times, let me state it here expressly again that I will never join APC for whatever reason,” he said.

In all the issues we are having as a party, no one has said that Alhaji Atiku Abubakar is not our presidential candidate. No one has said too that Dr Ifeanyi Okowa is not our party’s vice presidential candidate.

Also, we have Senatorial, House of Representatives and House of Assembly candidates here. Among them is my biological son, Joju, and others who are my political sons and daughters. My interest is that all these candidates should win elections.

Therefore, I am appealing to those who are angry to stop being angry. Those who are fighting should stop fighting. Let us face the 2023 elections together and win first. After that, we can resume the fight.”

The PDP candidate in the last Ekiti governorship election, Bisi Kolawole, used the meeting to thank party members for supporting him during the election.

“Even though we lost, I am still grateful to the party for the opportunity and I wish to urge all the party stakeholders to close ranks so that together, we will rise again,” he said.

The State Acting Chairman, Lanre Omolase, who spoke on behalf of the State Working Committee members, affirmed their belief in Mr Fayose’s leadership, saying that those plotting against him should sheath their swords in the interest of the party candidates who are standing for elections next year.

Others who spoke at the meeting were former Acting Governor, Tunji Odeyemi; Secretary of the Elders Council, Idowu Odeyemi; PDP leader in Ado Ekiti, Lamidi Alaketu; Lateef Ajijola, who spoke for the National Assembly candidates; Anjorin Olarewaju, who spoke on behalf of the House of Assembly candidates; Olufemi Babatunde, who spoke for Local Government party Chairmen and Bukola Oyewusi.

Others who were at the meeting Lateef Ajijola and Funso Ayeni, Senatorial candidates for Ekiti Central and North respectively as well as Lere Olayinka, Yinka Akerele, Joju Fayose and Adenike Jennifer, House of Representatives candidates for Ekiti Central 2, Ekiti North 1, Ekiti Central 2 and Ekiti South 2.

Also at the meeting were 10 out of the 16 local government party chairmen and over 150 ward chairmen among other party members.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/554990-2023-despite-my-support-for-wike-ill-work-for-atiku-fayose.html

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Despite My Support For Wike, I’ll Work For Atiku – Fayose by Moh247: 9:50am On Sep 20, 2022
cool

PDP keeps loosing Lagos since 1999 because Tinubu has loyalist in both party..

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: Despite My Support For Wike, I’ll Work For Atiku – Fayose by Truthisunique2: 9:52am On Sep 20, 2022
See ehn this thing called politics is not who make noise pass

Obi fans would understand this later, it's a game, it's about structure not social media cruise

Atiku is a veteran he said he was confident of winning primaries and he did

He said he is confident of winning main election with guarantee of free and fair election from buhari

41 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 2023: Despite My Support For Wike, I’ll Work For Atiku – Fayose by Truthisunique2: 9:53am On Sep 20, 2022
We told them wike has no where to go and only making noise to get better deal from atiku

Now ikpeazu don abadon am, makinde is ever with atiku and only crying crocodile Ayu tears

Fayose don see he has no where to go, wike had better fall in line because atiku would disgrace him and he won't have anything to save face

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Despite My Support For Wike, I’ll Work For Atiku – Fayose by Truthisunique2: 9:53am On Sep 20, 2022
Moh247:
cool

PDP keeps loosing Lagos since 1999 because Tinubu has loyalist in both party..

consolation

Even when comment no correlate

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Despite My Support For Wike, I’ll Work For Atiku – Fayose by Moh247: 9:54am On Sep 20, 2022
Truthisunique2:
consolation

Even when comment no correlate

If you think Fayose, Seyi and Wike would support Atiku then you don't understand Politics

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Despite My Support For Wike, I’ll Work For Atiku – Fayose by Urheadmaster(m): 9:58am On Sep 20, 2022
Truthisunique2:

Obi fans would understand this later, it's a game, it's about structure not social media cruise

PDP is determined to take back power from APC that stole the power by rigging in the previous election in Nigeria.

Nothing for Obi supporters tongue.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Despite My Support For Wike, I’ll Work For Atiku – Fayose by Maxymilliano(m): 9:58am On Sep 20, 2022
Wike will soon be deserted

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Despite My Support For Wike, I’ll Work For Atiku – Fayose by PlayerMeji: 9:59am On Sep 20, 2022
Baba is looking for where to chop Breakfast!

grin cheesy

Bad as he bad,small things go exchange hands
Re: 2023: Despite My Support For Wike, I’ll Work For Atiku – Fayose by Chinonye2022(m): 10:00am On Sep 20, 2022
Wike no dey give them money again the don dey run leave him one by one

6 Likes

Re: 2023: Despite My Support For Wike, I’ll Work For Atiku – Fayose by Truthisunique2: 10:01am On Sep 20, 2022
Urheadmaster:

PDP is determined to take back power from APC that stole the power by rigging in the previous election in Nigeria.

Nothing for Obi supporters tongue.
Atiku won the 2019 election but north soft peddled for buhari

Atiku won't be cheated this time buhari would ensure he repays that debt

8 Likes

Re: 2023: Despite My Support For Wike, I’ll Work For Atiku – Fayose by Truthisunique2: 10:01am On Sep 20, 2022
Chinonye2022:
Wike no dey give them money again the don dey run leave him one by one
lol, no be money be the problem wike ever have to spend

Just like dino left saraki at a time, there is always the time the politicans go find their level like water

Obi sef know where him limit reach, na why baba dey loyal to atiku because na him government sure pass online noise

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Despite My Support For Wike, I’ll Work For Atiku – Fayose by Kingspin(m): 10:03am On Sep 20, 2022
The North always play the South because there are one-two judas from the South.
So next time you hear the North know how to play politics. It means one South has betrayed another South.

11 Likes

Re: 2023: Despite My Support For Wike, I’ll Work For Atiku – Fayose by Truthisunique2: 10:04am On Sep 20, 2022
Kingspin:
The North always play the South because
lol, southern PDP have finally succumbed to this reality

It remains the inter party south turn to realize reality

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Despite My Support For Wike, I’ll Work For Atiku – Fayose by Truthisunique2: 10:08am On Sep 20, 2022
Moh247:

If you think Fayose, Seyi and Wike would support Atiku then you don't understand Politics
keep consoling yourself

By even supporting atiku with "just mouth" fayose have dismantled the moral behind wike and all his media affront he has been making

If he was working for tinubu which u people said wike is working for he shouldn't open his mouth to render anything pro atiku as wike wants us to believe

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Despite My Support For Wike, I’ll Work For Atiku – Fayose by Prince111111: 10:13am On Sep 20, 2022
Truthisunique2:

Atiku is a veteran he said he was confident of winning primaries and he did

He said he is confident of winning main election with guarantee of free and fair election from buhari
abeg give it to Atiku when it comes to National Politics no be by crying EMILOKAN around by one regional agbero Guy for Gidi...and expect Makinde to follow suit because of the insults Oyo APC give him yesterday undecided

8 Likes

Re: 2023: Despite My Support For Wike, I’ll Work For Atiku – Fayose by Betanaija42moro: 10:15am On Sep 20, 2022
Your choice

Nigerian youths will work for Obi
Re: 2023: Despite My Support For Wike, I’ll Work For Atiku – Fayose by Prince111111: 10:16am On Sep 20, 2022
Moh247:

na you no understand Nigeria politics and let person wey know teach you

5 Likes

Re: 2023: Despite My Support For Wike, I’ll Work For Atiku – Fayose by Truthisunique2: 10:16am On Sep 20, 2022
Betanaija42moro:
Your choice

Nigeria youths will work for Obi
obi is beyond 60

The old man should go and rest, genuine youths are looking for change from these old politicians of obi stalk

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Despite My Support For Wike, I’ll Work For Atiku – Fayose by Truthisunique2: 10:19am On Sep 20, 2022
Prince111111:
na you no understand Nigeria politics and let person wey know teach you
lol

As Sept 28th don dey reach, real game wan start, hope you notice we no dey hear wike rant again

The guy killed himself, atiku has now demystify him that's why guy man needed to pressure atiku before next week deadline

Now his main men have abadoned him and telling him to forget foolish fight

He would now have his tail between his legs henceforth, and PDP would still win rivers without him having to claim credit

7 Likes

Re: 2023: Despite My Support For Wike, I’ll Work For Atiku – Fayose by press9jatv: 10:22am On Sep 20, 2022
I hope Fayose brother accepts the reality too that Atiku/Okowa are the next team to succeed Buhari government in 2023 presidential election. Tinubu the drug baron is a goner. Besides all the Pdp structures in Ekiti State have been taken away from Fayose.

4 Likes

Re: 2023: Despite My Support For Wike, I’ll Work For Atiku – Fayose by Truthisunique2: 10:26am On Sep 20, 2022
Prince111111:
abeg give it to Atiku when it comes to National Politics no be by crying EMILOKAN around by one regional agbero Guy for Gidi and expect Makinde to follow suit because of the insults Oyo APC give him yesterday undecided
makinde already dey atiku camp

Make he no be like say he abadon wike na why he dey use "southern justice" that Ayu should go to take side wike

Like fayose he already believe atiku is his party choice and must be worked with

Later he would issue statement that "Ayu must go have become a distraction" which can be addressed after PDP wins power first

5 Likes

Re: 2023: Despite My Support For Wike, I’ll Work For Atiku – Fayose by Prince111111: 10:32am On Sep 20, 2022
Truthisunique2:
lol

As Sept 28th don dey reach, real game wan start, hope you notice we no dey hear wike rant again

The guy killed himself, atiku has now demystify him that's why guy man needed to pressure atiku before next week deadline

Now his main men have abadoned him and telling him to forget foolish fight

He would now have his tail between his legs henceforth, and PDP would still win rivers without him having to claim credit
honestly I think I was the only one that noticed the lay low of Wike recently

4 Likes

Re: 2023: Despite My Support For Wike, I’ll Work For Atiku – Fayose by Chinonye2022(m): 10:44am On Sep 20, 2022
Moh247:

who wil dey work for? Tell us LP party or Apc

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Despite My Support For Wike, I’ll Work For Atiku – Fayose by Truthisunique2: 11:01am On Sep 20, 2022
Prince111111:
honestly I think I was the only one that noticed the lay low of Wike recently
by next week campaign start

Nobody go get time for attention again, only presidential candidate would take spotlight

Na why he don calm down because he couldn't force atiku before that time

Na why him allies dey realign because baba has fooled himself

Funny enough he no go get voice till next year when Atiku is sworn in

Na so career take die

4 Likes

Re: 2023: Despite My Support For Wike, I’ll Work For Atiku – Fayose by Truthisunique2: 11:05am On Sep 20, 2022
press9jatv:
I hope Fayose brother accepts the reality too that Atiku/Okowa are the next team to succeed Buhari government in 2023 presidential election. Tinubu the drug baron is a goner. Besides all the Pdp structures in Ekiti State have been taken away from Fayose.
obi na for cruise

So fayose brother can catch cruise all he wants

1 Like

Re: 2023: Despite My Support For Wike, I’ll Work For Atiku – Fayose by Toni12(m): 11:46am On Sep 20, 2022
well everybody with him choice
Re: 2023: Despite My Support For Wike, I’ll Work For Atiku – Fayose by SenatePresdo(m): 11:47am On Sep 20, 2022
Wike should scatter Atikus vote to the ground.

APC and PDP are dead and buried.
Re: 2023: Despite My Support For Wike, I’ll Work For Atiku – Fayose by abobote: 11:47am On Sep 20, 2022
We all know Wike is fighting a lost battle.

Ikpeazu and Ortom are still with him coz of the numerous sponsored foreign trip

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Despite My Support For Wike, I’ll Work For Atiku – Fayose by Nobody: 11:48am On Sep 20, 2022
grin

Politics is also a Lucrative Business grin grin grin

39 Likes

Re: 2023: Despite My Support For Wike, I’ll Work For Atiku – Fayose by Atarakpa: 11:48am On Sep 20, 2022
I think say them use this one head bury queen Elizabeth 11.
Re: 2023: Despite My Support For Wike, I’ll Work For Atiku – Fayose by havenz(m): 11:48am On Sep 20, 2022
Only a foolish fool will think that 2023 Nigeria will remain in this backwardness,
God forbid a BATthing.

We have all moved from PDP to APC now we are strongly stronger sitting to settle from consuming to producing.

Fayose please support your own support let we the humble ObIdiEnT youths support our support.

Obi, I'm
Obi, I want to be
Obi, just do with me whatever you want

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APC And PDP Supporters Fighting In Suleja, Niger State / Group Demands Abike Dabiri's Sack Over Fraudulent Martin Luther King’s Award / Governor Akeredolu Reacts As School Building Collapses, Kills Student In Ondo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.