Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,108 members, 7,867,193 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 12:04 PM

Why Do Ladies Get Jealous - Is It Affecting Your Relationship? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Ladies Get Jealous - Is It Affecting Your Relationship? (741 Views)

Bad Economy Affecting Our Business –lagos Prostitutes / Telemundo Is Affecting My Relationship;please Help / Why Do Girls Get Jealous When They See A Guy They Friendzoned Move On? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Ladies Get Jealous - Is It Affecting Your Relationship? by jaadeyemi(m): 9:48am On Jul 12, 2010
Jealousy is one of the negative emotions and can end almost any relationship it basically arises from insecurity within oneself and not trusting your partner. Often it is mainly a result of woman being possessive about her man or partner. It is basically a result of human psychology which reacts according to what has happened in the surrounding environment. But if there is jealousy in a relationship there are also effective measures to deal with it.
Insecurity factor- This is one of the major factor due to which women get jealous of their partners and they to show lesser faith in them. Sometimes even a small disagreement can spark a massive fight just because of jealousy. Insecure feeling about someone gives you an uneasy feeling and you tend to be suspicious about almost everything around you.
Possessiveness- Some women are just simply a bit more possessive than the rest and often tend to get an insecure feeling about their partner and often suspect their spouses just out of curiosity and making it sure that everything is alright.
Lack of communication- Sometimes lack of communication between couples can be a big cause of jealousy. One partner might hide something from the other and that might lead to misunderstanding and jealousy. There is always a thought bugging a woman what if he finds someone else and leaves me for her. Why did he hide these things from me? Is he going out with someone else? Even such thoughts can arouse the feelings of jealousy and insecurity.
Distrust- Often when women tend to have lack of trust in their partners they normally get more jealous. They are always thinking about what if their partner goes out with someone else or is already involved with someone else. Therefore it is very important to trust and have complete faith in your partner to prevent jealous feelings towards him. Learn to let loose a bit and open all lines of communication with your partner and be a good listener for a change. The more you share the better your relationship would be and the more you trust and have faith in your partner you would probably never get jealous again as you know he only loves you and not someone else.
You might not be able to make the person fall in love with you on the first sight but you can definitely make the person be strongly attracted to you if you follow some simple steps. So what type of guys do women truly prefer? Find out some of the "Best kept secrets" on how to become a guy women want- How to become a true Girl Magnet
so guys tell me “Do you believe jealousy is a natural part of love?”
Re: Why Do Ladies Get Jealous - Is It Affecting Your Relationship? by NaijaSisi(f): 5:19pm On Jul 12, 2010
Well i can answer that personally and say i get jealous because of insecurity, but if ur insecure within urself u r goin 2 find it hard 2 sustain a healthy r/ship. The jealousy could become sooo much that the other partner can not take it anymore.

BUT i kind of like it when my boyf is jealous when im gettin attentionfrom other guys because in a way it shows that he cares. the trouble comes however when the jealousy starts to turn into loss of trust.
Re: Why Do Ladies Get Jealous - Is It Affecting Your Relationship? by NaijaSisi(f): 5:23pm On Jul 12, 2010
To answer ur question, i do not think that jealousy is necessarily a "natural" part of love, it is possible for relationships to exist without jealousy (for example my parents are not the least bit jealous of each other because of the amount of trust they have for one another, they can freely make jokes with each other about having gilfriends or boyfriends because they know the love they have for one another). But i do believe it is very common in relationships
Re: Why Do Ladies Get Jealous - Is It Affecting Your Relationship? by iice(f): 5:27pm On Jul 12, 2010
Men are more possessive because they like to own/claim/possess.
Women tend to be irrational and emotional as opposed to being logical.
Bottom line, both genders are culpable.

Anyway, i'm not the jealous type.  I'm too mental about things.  
And i don't do well with jealous people.  Too stressed out for me to handle.
Re: Why Do Ladies Get Jealous - Is It Affecting Your Relationship? by tpia5: 10:35am On Dec 19, 2013
Innate, ie its a character trait people are born with.

(1) (Reply)

Why Does Brides Name Always Come First During Wedding? / What Will U Do? / How Do You Completely Get Over Someone You Love When They Do Not Feel :

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.