Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,194 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

Okorocha Wins Senate Tickets As Nwosu Wins Imo APC Governorship Primary - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha Wins Senate Tickets As Nwosu Wins Imo APC Governorship Primary (28288 Views)

29-Year-Old Akarachi Amadi Wins Imo House Of Reps Election / Okorocha Wins Imo West Senatorial Seat / Adamawa: Aisha Buhari Congratulates Two Female Winners Of APC Senate Tickets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okorocha Wins Senate Tickets As Nwosu Wins Imo APC Governorship Primary by goshen26: 7:26am On Oct 08, 2018
Later some ibo guys will sprew thrash that Tinubu has bought Lagos, yet they can't undo the power of Okorocha in Imo.
Re: Okorocha Wins Senate Tickets As Nwosu Wins Imo APC Governorship Primary by CilicMarin: 7:26am On Oct 08, 2018
Pavore9:
Imolites must ensure that his son-in-law don't end up as Governor. In as much as everyone has a right to vote and be voted for, the office of the Governor should not be a family business.

But the seat of a Senator should be familiar business like that of Tinubu?
Re: Okorocha Wins Senate Tickets As Nwosu Wins Imo APC Governorship Primary by kgr8mike(m): 7:27am On Oct 08, 2018
K
Re: Okorocha Wins Senate Tickets As Nwosu Wins Imo APC Governorship Primary by VULCAN(m): 7:27am On Oct 08, 2018
The way this man won second term made me wonder why Imolites are so laid back when it comes to fighting for their freedom?

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Wins Senate Tickets As Nwosu Wins Imo APC Governorship Primary by Kingosytex(m): 7:28am On Oct 08, 2018
i thought tinubu is greedy but rochas is not only greedy but also a desperate fellow

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Wins Senate Tickets As Nwosu Wins Imo APC Governorship Primary by Nobody: 7:28am On Oct 08, 2018
hmm spiritual authority! this man clearly owns imo state and its residents.
Re: Okorocha Wins Senate Tickets As Nwosu Wins Imo APC Governorship Primary by 93Miles: 7:30am On Oct 08, 2018
tripledonosas:
…Madumere, Uzodinma heads ro court...

OWERRI—SON-IN-LAW and former Chief of Staff to Imo State Governor Rochas Okorocha, Uche Nwosu, has been declared winner of the 2018 governorship primary held in the state. Rochas Okorocha and Uche Nwosu Nwosu was announced as the governorship candidate yesterday at about 3:20am, by the electoral committee headed by Ibrahim Agbabiaka. But some governorship aspirants under a coalition known as the Imo Allied Forces, with Senator Hope Uzodimma and Eze Madumere, claimed that they were not part of the process, addding that they had gone to court to stop the primaries.

However, Agbabiaka, while declaring the results said that all the nine governorship aspirants participated in the excercise. He gave their names as Chuks Ololo, George Eche, Uche Nwosu, Deputy Governor of Imo State, Eze Madumere and Senator Hope Uzodimma.

Others are Air Commodore Peter Gbujie(rtd), Chima Anozie, Jude Ejiogu and Chris Nlemoha. According to results announced by the chairman of the electoral committee, Nwosu polled 269,524 votes to emerge winner of the heated contest, while Ololo and Gbujie followed with 6,428 and 4,855 respectively. Other contestants polled as follows: Eche 2,454; Madumere, 2,646; Uzodimma 2,729; Anozie 3,248; Ejiogu 3,456; and Nlemoha 925. For the Imo West senatorial district, Okorocha garnered 141,127 votes to defeat Senator Hope Uzodimma, who polled 1,359 votes and Senator Osita Izunaso, 24 votes. In Imo North, Nnamdi Obiaraeri polled 67,438 to win the senator currently representing the zone, Benjamin Uwajumogu, who polled 5,743 votes. Also, in Imo East senatorial district, Emma Ojinere floored the other two contestants with 41,562 votes. He defeated Chima Anthony and Maxwell Igwe.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/10/nwosu-declared-winner-of-imo-apc-gov-primary/

Idiotic Pigs Of Birafra can't even fight to capture their state (Imo) from this their slave master yet they want to capture SS states... SMH

Cc Bede2u biafrawillcome ariesbull AllHailBiafra
Re: Okorocha Wins Senate Tickets As Nwosu Wins Imo APC Governorship Primary by jaxxy(m): 7:30am On Oct 08, 2018
This isn’t democracy
Re: Okorocha Wins Senate Tickets As Nwosu Wins Imo APC Governorship Primary by Nobody: 7:31am On Oct 08, 2018
This is wrong. He wants to turn that State to a family business.

I trust Imo lites to do to him what they did to Ikedi Ohakim.

#ImoStateNotaFamilyBusiness

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha Wins Senate Tickets As Nwosu Wins Imo APC Governorship Primary by bankyblue(m): 7:33am On Oct 08, 2018
The status man the run two sit, governor by proxi and sanator at the same time, and later this Igbo people go say them get smart head.

Anyway what is my problem.
Re: Okorocha Wins Senate Tickets As Nwosu Wins Imo APC Governorship Primary by 93Miles: 7:35am On Oct 08, 2018
CilicMarin:

Don't waste your time with Idiotic Pigs Of Birafra
Re: Okorocha Wins Senate Tickets As Nwosu Wins Imo APC Governorship Primary by 93Miles: 7:38am On Oct 08, 2018
amaniro:
Imo state you guys are doomedundecided

They should sell IMO state (okorocha family &co)
Owners of IMO state.
indeed they are..
Re: Okorocha Wins Senate Tickets As Nwosu Wins Imo APC Governorship Primary by Pavore9: 7:38am On Oct 08, 2018
CilicMarin:

I focused on Imo, my home state and even more happy that my Uncle, Senator Ben Uwajumogu did not win his primary to recontest for the seat in the Senate which he presently occupies for it has always been about accumulation of wealth for him since his days as Speaker of Imo State House of Assembly.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Wins Senate Tickets As Nwosu Wins Imo APC Governorship Primary by chrisifeanyi: 7:40am On Oct 08, 2018
IMO people will be so f00lish to allow this man to fulfill his agenda. What a N0ns€nse
Re: Okorocha Wins Senate Tickets As Nwosu Wins Imo APC Governorship Primary by joeyswift(m): 7:40am On Oct 08, 2018
Everytime i see anybody from imo, I am always moved with compassion for them,because their case is precarious

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Wins Senate Tickets As Nwosu Wins Imo APC Governorship Primary by Rushmore(f): 7:43am On Oct 08, 2018
Is the Okorocha's family the only elite family in Imo state?

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Wins Senate Tickets As Nwosu Wins Imo APC Governorship Primary by Nobody: 7:49am On Oct 08, 2018
It seems Okorocha is bigger than the whole Imo State just imagine

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Wins Senate Tickets As Nwosu Wins Imo APC Governorship Primary by yesloaded: 7:49am On Oct 08, 2018
Rawshal:
Is the senate now the retirement home for governors? How i wish this statues man will loss woefully come next year.
I tire o...

Nigeria politician and greediness
Re: Okorocha Wins Senate Tickets As Nwosu Wins Imo APC Governorship Primary by InvertedHammer: 7:52am On Oct 08, 2018
yjgm:
He promised to retire Hope Uzodinma. It seems he has done that. Unless if the courts intercede on his behalf. Okorocha my man. Take it or live it, this guy has fought so many battles and has come out victorious. I dove my hat for you. Twale
/
Of course, when Uzodinma decamped to APC, his case became hopeless. Sadly, there is no refund after payment in Nigerian politics. Whatever money Uzodinma expended in the primary is gone forever.

Ararume decamped to APC with Hope, saw the handwriting on the wall and jumped to APGA. But Ohakim has been romancing APGA since which means that with the duo of Ararume and Ohakim there before Uzodinma, he stands no chance.
The only hope (no pun intended) Uzodinma had was in PDP. But he blew it. Out of the Senate, I give him four years before going bankrupt.
/

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Wins Senate Tickets As Nwosu Wins Imo APC Governorship Primary by Laredojohn(m): 7:56am On Oct 08, 2018
Politics is Now a family business... Every one putting, cousins, in laws, etc in power
Re: Okorocha Wins Senate Tickets As Nwosu Wins Imo APC Governorship Primary by Olivbryan16: 7:56am On Oct 08, 2018
Na wa for dis apc people. How can Hope Uzodimma contest for both Governorship and senate same time. Quack party with quack people
Re: Okorocha Wins Senate Tickets As Nwosu Wins Imo APC Governorship Primary by safarigirl(f): 7:57am On Oct 08, 2018
goshen26:
Later some ibo guys will sprew thrash that Tinubu has bought Lagos, yet they can't undo the power of Okorocha in Imo.
Okorocha has power only in APC, not in Imo.

He can rig APC Primaries, but he will jam the real Imolites in the elections. Do not confuse this with the Lagos Situation where even a mad man will be elected Governor if Tinubu says so. Tinubu is running Lagos, Okorocha is running APC in Imo.

This same Imo State kicked out Ohakim after one tenure, they are not Lagos.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Okorocha Wins Senate Tickets As Nwosu Wins Imo APC Governorship Primary by Mizwisdom(f): 7:58am On Oct 08, 2018
englishmart:
You don win primary, your son win primary. Make una come win secondary, make I see.

Son-in-law
Re: Okorocha Wins Senate Tickets As Nwosu Wins Imo APC Governorship Primary by baysol: 7:59am On Oct 08, 2018
amaniro:
Imo state you guys are doomedundecided

They should sell IMO state (okorocha family &co)

Owners of IMO state.
Why una Biafrogs dem no go there go make noise? Instead of minding their yamayama business for Lagos den do they wail. yeye pipo.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Wins Senate Tickets As Nwosu Wins Imo APC Governorship Primary by Franklyspeakin: 8:01am On Oct 08, 2018
Though I am not from IMO, I was in owerri when the election that brought in okorocha was conducted. Ohakim had offended the church and d people of IMO state. Now in IMO the Catholics are higher in population followed by the Anglicans. And they work in unison. The people were everywhere monitoring ballot boxes church buses where used to convey election materials. That was how an incumbent governor was unseated. Rochas has offended the church and the people and I am just waiting to see how his in-law would be embarrassed in the forthcoming election. Rochas might win in his Senitorial election for the contributions he made to that area except his own people want to also reject him too.

Is04970:
Have we now seen the same people blabbing n Tinubu and Lagos state?
Hypocrites.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Wins Senate Tickets As Nwosu Wins Imo APC Governorship Primary by Preshy561(f): 8:05am On Oct 08, 2018
We are watching the APC pig do his foolishness, when it comes to general election, we go know
Re: Okorocha Wins Senate Tickets As Nwosu Wins Imo APC Governorship Primary by Hotzone(m): 8:05am On Oct 08, 2018
Imo people are talkative. They said Richas is not good yet they are supporting Ararume the monster. Owerri people are the most confused in this issue. They are clamouring for Owerri zone Governor yet they are supporting three different governorship candidate from Orlu zone.
Re: Okorocha Wins Senate Tickets As Nwosu Wins Imo APC Governorship Primary by wingmanII: 8:05am On Oct 08, 2018
safarigirl:
Okorocha has power only in APC, not in Imo.

He can rig APC Primaries, but he will jam the real Imolites in the elections. Do not confuse this with the Lagos Situation where even a mad man will be elected Governor if Tinubu says so. Tinubu is running Lagos, Okorocha is running APC in Imo.

This same Imo State kicked out Ohakim after one tenure, they are not Lagos.

Don't mind the fools. As if APC is an Imo or Igbo party. The other gubernatorial aspirants did not even participate in this charade. This is an arrangement between Rochas and Oshiomole, hence the other candidates are in court. This has nothing to do with Imo people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Okorocha Wins Senate Tickets As Nwosu Wins Imo APC Governorship Primary by senatordave1(m): 8:06am On Oct 08, 2018
All the primaries shows that buhari will get 300k votes at least in imo
Re: Okorocha Wins Senate Tickets As Nwosu Wins Imo APC Governorship Primary by wingmanII: 8:08am On Oct 08, 2018
Z4Gardell:
It seems Okorocha is bigger than the whole Imo State just imagine
Are you so daft? The whole Imo state? This is an APC arrangement between Rochas and Oshiomole, where does the whole Imo state come in?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Okorocha Wins Senate Tickets As Nwosu Wins Imo APC Governorship Primary by olas24u(f): 8:09am On Oct 08, 2018
deleo16:
Another tinubu in IMO state begins cool

You cannot compare and contrast both

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Receives Sallah Visitors In Daura Hometown / President Bola Tinubu Returns To Nigeria After Trips To Paris, London / El-rufai Visits Gowon After Meeting SDP Leaders, Amid Talks Of Plans To Dump APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.