Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,074 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:49 AM

Peter Obi Reacts To Atiku’s Victory - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Reacts To Atiku’s Victory (42530 Views)

Peter Obi Reacts After Young Man Carved A Photo Of His Face On His Head (Video) / PDP Primary: Makarfi Reacts To Atiku’s Victory / Goodluck Jonathan Celebrates Atiku's Victory With PDP Stalwarts (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Atiku’s Victory by Temptee101(m): 8:06am On Oct 08, 2018
I almost cried for Nigeria after seeing how lifeless buhari was at APC convention. He looked so lost and dejected, as lifeless as a dry leaf. Buhari must go back o, we need an active president

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Atiku’s Victory by BedLam: 8:06am On Oct 08, 2018
fratermathy:

Most of the political pundits online seem to tie the fate of the SS and SE together without realising the diversity of political views and ethnic interests in the SS. The SE is one but the SS is a group of more than 30 disparate people. To bring them as one, Atiku needs to give us a rallying point and that rallying point has to be a VP slot.

The swing region is the SS. The SE has no choice but to vote Atiku. The SW may not vote for Atiku regardless of who his VP is but the SS can give Atiku a bloc vote of 8m if he plays his cards right. He has to get a VP from the SS. SE is already certain for him. SW will be difficult for him even with a VP slot but a SS VP slot will consolidate his message of restructuring and true federalism. It will fetch him votes from states that may otherwise be divided and it will also curry him the favour of SEners that may not want a SWner as VP as well as SWners that many not want a SEner as VP. Its a win-win.

All he needs to do is to get someone with widespread influence in the SS. Then he can promise the SW the position of SFG or SP.
What do you guys gain with all this " na my person " politics.
What has Buhari done for his home town called Daura ?
Will a VP from SS make all the issues go away? Will that Create jobs ? How has being a VP benefitted the SW? I guess their roads and lifestyle is all superb now.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Atiku’s Victory by sogodihno: 8:07am On Oct 08, 2018
fratermathy:

Most of the political pundits online seem to tie the fate of the SS and SE together without realising the diversity of political views and ethnic interests in the SS. The SE is one but the SS is a group of more than 30 disparate people. To bring them as one, Atiku needs to give us a rallying point and that rallying point has to be a VP slot.

The swing region is the SS. The SE has no choice but to vote Atiku. The SW may not vote for Atiku regardless of who his VP is but the SS can give Atiku a bloc vote of 8m if he plays his cards right. He has to get a VP from the SS. SE is already certain for him. SW will be difficult for him even with a VP slot but a SS VP slot will consolidate his message of restructuring and true federalism. It will fetch him votes from states that may otherwise be divided and it will also curry him the favour of SEners that may not want a SWner as VP as well as SWners that many not want a SEner as VP. Its a win-win.

All he needs to do is to get someone with widespread influence in the SS. Then he can promise the SW the position of SFG or SP.

PDP chairman is already from SS, VP can't come from there again

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Atiku’s Victory by globemoney: 8:07am On Oct 08, 2018
hisgrace090:

This extreme abd ignorrant hatter you again?

Moving a good man as peter obi will be your worst mistake, mark it.
Shut up please , you ran from the other thread cheesy

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Atiku’s Victory by ghostfacekillar(m): 8:11am On Oct 08, 2018
fratermathy:

lol. Let them try it and be doomed... Ipob go be popular

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Atiku’s Victory by debuscket(m): 8:11am On Oct 08, 2018
Deltayankeeboi:
Sai Atiku. . .

South South, South East and South West are solidly behind you.

You are assured of 95% votes in the three regions.
I would have made my analysis 100% but the remaining 5% comprises the zombies that are found only in the South West.

Be rest assured, for South South and South East, we are giving you 100% of our votes.

We will vote you as long as the dullard goes back to Daura to join his ancestors.

Go and do your job in the North and 2019 is all yours.

#Atikulation2019!

Count SW out, not when VP Osinbajo and the jagagban Tinubu are there. They also have the antecedents of not being trustworthy

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Atiku’s Victory by fratermathy(m): 8:11am On Oct 08, 2018
sogodihno:

PDP chairman is already from SS, VP can't come from there again

It doesn't really matter. Uche Secondus can always step down as PDP chairman, for the interest of the region.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Atiku’s Victory by ghostfacekillar(m): 8:12am On Oct 08, 2018
fratermathy:

when goodluck dey reign nko
Abeg... South east

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Atiku’s Victory by 100kobo(m): 8:15am On Oct 08, 2018
fratermathy:

I disagree with you completely. Your views are not objective and does not reflect the realities on ground. Your SS cannot both be Party Chairman and VP. You need to learn the ropes some more.

Granted that SE is entirely biased towards PDP, in the spirit of equity, it is only fair to allot the VP position to them.

On the flip side, a south west VP candidacy is very essential to neutralise the Osibanjo effect should PMB pick him as running mate. Seeing that his presence there has only benefitted Jagaban and not the interest of the Y community.

Personally, I will favor a decision to pick from the SE. That region has been sidelined in the scheme of things for far too long. This is the best time to heal the wounds. Planning is key here.

Congrats to the Adamawa man. All hands must be on deck to unseat tyranny and oligarchy.

5 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Atiku’s Victory by fratermathy(m): 8:16am On Oct 08, 2018
BedLam:
What do you guys gain with all this " na my person " politics.
What has Buhari done for his home town called Daura ?
Will a VP from SS make all the issues go away? Will that Create jobs ? How has being a VP benefitted the SW? I guess their roads and lifestyle is all superb now.

The truth is that, as an individual, I really don't care about where the candidates come from because it doesn't mean jack. However, you and I know that we live in a very volatile nation where ethnic and regional interest and identity very much dwarf nationalism and fairplay. No matter how we see it, the bulk of Nigerians will tilt to the familiar and the familiar in this case is of someone that appears to be like us or bears a name that sounds like ours is in power.

This is the reality of Nigerian politics. Even when we know the politicians will not do anything for their regions, their people will still prefer that they are there, at the least, for bragging rights.

Then again, we have the case of underrepresented minorities who demand inclusiveness in the affairs of the nation. Minorities will always support someone they feel can protect their interest in a nation where the 3 so-called majorities don't acknowledge their existence.
Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Atiku’s Victory by sogodihno: 8:17am On Oct 08, 2018
fratermathy:

It doesn't really matter. Uche Secondus can always step down as PDP chairman, for the interest of the region.

Oo, so if he step down who will now be PDP chairman? U think SW will now accept chairman at this stage after the convention and the primary? what's their to chairman again o?

U guys are selfish o, u want both Chairman to come from your region and then step down to also get the VP. na only u waka come?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Atiku’s Victory by hisgrace090: 8:17am On Oct 08, 2018
globemoney:

Shut up please , you ran from the other thread cheesy

Don't shut up, all I want to tell you is that benefit of peter obi good work in anambra state will benefit you more than the food infrastructure money you guys fails to get from him. Obi I know will bribe no one.
Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Atiku’s Victory by fratermathy(m): 8:19am On Oct 08, 2018
100kobo:

I disagree with you completely. Your views are not objective and does not reflect the realities on ground. Your SS cannot both be Party Chairman and VP. You need to learn the ropes some more.

Granted that SE is entirely biased towards PDP, in the spirit of equity, it is only fair to allot the VP position to them.

On the flip side, a south west VP candidacy is very essential to neutralise the Osibanjo effect should PMB pick him as running mate. Seeing that his presence there has only benefitted Jagaban and not the interest of the Y community.

Personally, I will favor a decision to pick from the SE. That region has been sidelined in the scheme of things for far too long. This is the best time to heal the wounds. Planning is key here.

Congrats to the Adamawa man. All hands must be on deck to unseat tyranny and oligarchy.

I completely understand why you should disagree with my opinion but I stand by it. The party chairmanship can ALWAYS, and without notice, leave the SS in favour of a VP slot. The only buffer zone between the SE and SW is the SS and someone from this region can command some measure of votes and work assiduously with Atiku to garner more support in the South West and South East.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Atiku’s Victory by BrokenTV: 8:19am On Oct 08, 2018
It is because of this mindset that the president or the vice president will come from this particular region that we are still in this kind of situation, when are we going to start thinking about the capability and integrity of the person involved instead of looking at it from ethnic perspective. It is as a result of this that a man that is not qualified to lead Umunna meeting was made a President.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Atiku’s Victory by bishopkay: 8:21am On Oct 08, 2018
PassingShot:
The battle will be very sweet and the victory will be even sweeter.

Head or tail, SW wins this one for PMB.

Should Atiku pick his VP from SE, it's a straight battle between SW and SE/SS.

Should he pick his VP from SW, the SE/SS will feel shortchanged and Buhari will even have it easier.

Note: Atiku will not see the tail of PMB in the presidential election in the North. It will be something in the ratio of 3:1 for PMB.

This boy has been wailing and dropping useless permutations since yesterday.

The average SWesterner wants Buhari out. Even notherners want him out. Suffer no know party or presidential support team oo.

You are here also saying if atiku picks a VP from the SE, the SS would vote for Buhari? You're living in a fools paradise boy!

The current disenchantment against buhari is nationwide. You think this is the 2015 elections? Buhari has been demystified because he has been tested and he's failed woefully!

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Atiku’s Victory by contigiency(m): 8:21am On Oct 08, 2018
You people should just continue dreaming. i wonder how anybody is thinking that Atiku will win against buhari even with buhari's popularity and the structure of his party on ground, coupled with the fact that vote will count as against the old PDP pattern of rigging and directing the opponent to go to court.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Atiku’s Victory by safarigirl(f): 8:23am On Oct 08, 2018
fratermathy:

as far as politics is concerned, SS and SE are one and the same.

The only swing regions in Nigeria are SW and MB. Nobody with sense will give SS VP slot when they just completed Presidency in 2015. Don't come here and make false permutations, we are not stupid

5 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Atiku’s Victory by gratiaeo(m): 8:25am On Oct 08, 2018
The same way yoruba told us that PDP ll be dead if they refuse to pick party chairman from South West. I wonder who still take this people serious

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Atiku’s Victory by fratermathy(m): 8:26am On Oct 08, 2018
sogodihno:

Oo, so if he step down who will now be PDP chairman? U think SW will now accept chairman at this stage after the convention and the primary? what's their to chairman again o?

U guys are selfish o, u want both Chairman to come from your region and then step down to also get the VP. na only u waka come?

What I said was my opinion alone, not necessarily that of the entire region so you need not say "you guys are selfish".

Secondly, we have had cases in this nation, albeit not for long, where the President or VP and the Chairman of a party are from the same place. Party chairmanship is not a political office. They don't represent their people or the nation. They only serve the interest of the party.

In Delta State, where I come from, the Delta North (Anioma) Senatorial district once held the governorship and state chairmanship of the PDP for about 2 years and this was after 2015. No one batted an eyelid until a new state chairmanship election was conducted. Party politics is different from representational politics.
Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Atiku’s Victory by Purehuman(m): 8:28am On Oct 08, 2018
PassingShot:
The battle will be very sweet and the victory will be even sweeter.

Head or tail, SW wins this one for PMB.

Should Atiku pick his VP from SE, it's a straight battle between SW and SE/SS.

Should he pick his VP from SW, the SE/SS will feel shortchanged and Buhari will even have it easier.

Note: Atiku will not see the tail of PMB in the presidential election in the North. It will be something in the ratio of 3:1 for PMB.

I think you don't know igbos. We don't like him and we will never like PMB. Stop all these permutations. Even if the vp is from Niger republic, we won't vote him. Don't you get? We hate him.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Atiku’s Victory by fratermathy(m): 8:29am On Oct 08, 2018
safarigirl:
as far as politics is concerned, SS and SE are one and the same.

The only swing regions in Nigeria are SW and MB. Nobody with sense will give SS VP slot when they just completed Presidency in 2015. Don't come here and make false permutations, we are not stupid

Not. They are not one and the same. Stop trying to tie the fate of different people together. In the SS, we have the Urhobos, Binis, Ibibios, Efiks, Ikwerres, Ijaws, Ogonis, etc, and each of these people hold views and aspirations totally different from the SE people. The only reason you seem to think we vote as one is because of the party, not because of interest. Put interest at stake and that will be the day you realise that SE and SS have separate goals and political leanings.

As for the second part of your conjecture, I'll ignore it because it reeks of malice towards the SS. This is Nigerian politics! Anything is possible. It's better you understand that now.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Atiku’s Victory by PassingShot(m): 8:30am On Oct 08, 2018
Purehuman:

I think you don't know igbos. We don't like him and we will never like PMB. Stop all these permutations. Even if the vp is from Niger republic, we won't vote him. Don't you get? We hate him.
Who are the we? You can't even speak for 5 people.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Atiku’s Victory by justmi1: 8:30am On Oct 08, 2018
Atiku should pick iweala or Peter obi as vp, and try to get obj to support him ( that would increase his chances in the SW) and he would be president. I naturally don't like Atiku cos I think he is desperate but right now, he is the only option that has a chance.

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Atiku’s Victory by bishopkay: 8:31am On Oct 08, 2018
contigiency:
You people should just continue dreaming. i wonder how anybody is thinking that Atiku will win against buhari even with buhari's popularity and the structure of his party on ground, coupled with the fact that vote will count as against the old PDP pattern of rigging and directing the opponent to go to court.

Continue giving yourself hope. What dirty popularity? Popularity that has been taken to the cleaners? He's been demystified! He's been tested and he's failed woefully! Na even these SWesterners come carry buhari Mata pass for head sef...nonsense

You can't repackage buhari and sell him to Nigerians...we deserve better

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Atiku’s Victory by slivertongue: 8:32am On Oct 08, 2018
deai obi, talk can be cheap as seen in d propaganda dat made GMB bt Atiku is beta schooled.
Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Atiku’s Victory by Reference(m): 8:33am On Oct 08, 2018
I hope Obi gets the Veep nod and the south should support him and the party just as the east suppoted the GEJ presidemcy and have remained loyal to the party subsequently at great cost to the region. As for the PDP, it is time they put their persistently divided house in order. Lagos, Ogun, Oyo are all in tatters, Osun, Ekiti and Ondo are reeling so I cannot see what immediate positive impact they can bring to bear on the fortunes of the PDP and the fact the west is in defacto power is enough to pacify the region in general.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Atiku’s Victory by contigiency(m): 8:39am On Oct 08, 2018
bishopkay:

Continue giving yourself hope. What dirty popularity? Popularity that has been taken to the cleaners? He's been demystified! He's been tested and he's failed woefully! Na even these SWesterners come carry buhari Mata pass for head sef...nonsense

You can't repackage buhari and sell him to Nigerians...we deserve better

No problem since it has been demystified by you and your folks. but don't come here and start shouting how the election was rigged.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Atiku’s Victory by Sanchez01: 8:39am On Oct 08, 2018
fratermathy:

The Party Chairman is already from the South South which already rules out the possibility of a VP slot. The South East is loyal to the PDP, which means a VP slot or otherwise will see them vote Atiku massively. The South West is always the deciding factor of the South.

Anything short of a Yoruba VP is an epic fail for Atiku already.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Atiku’s Victory by ghostfacekillar(m): 8:42am On Oct 08, 2018
BrokenTV:
It is because of this mindset that the president or the vice president will come from this particular region that we are still in this kind of situation, when are we going to start thinking about the capability and integrity of the person involved instead of looking at it from ethnic perspective. It is as a result of this that a man that is not qualified to lead Umunna meeting was made a President.
u should ask the north this question
Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Atiku’s Victory by Reference(m): 8:42am On Oct 08, 2018
contigiency:

That is not the subject matter here. What is being discussed is the strengthening of the opposition party which I personally want to see ahead of the polls so that whoever emerges President will have gone through a tough, cerebral competition.

I know there are party faithfuls on both sides of the argument who will want to see nothing but their candidates win but I donot tow that line. I rather cheer for the game of democracy and desire to see it operate in Nigeria at the highest levels. So I am glad the PDP has rebounded after the 2015 loss and wish them the best towards the elections.

You should for the good of the country.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Video: Insurgents Flee In Multitude As Military Bombards Sambisa Stronhhold / Nnamdi Kanu Rocks Jewish Attire Again Ahead Of His Bail Hearing Today. Photos / Channels TV Addresses Dame Patient As President Of Nigeria [photo]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.