Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,452 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:11 PM

Please Advise Me - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Please Advise Me (928 Views)

Just Got This Shocking Text From My Girlfriend (please Advise Me) / Please Advise, My Girlfriend Refused To Accept My BBM Request / Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advise Me by abakeogun: 10:25am On Jul 12, 2010
I am young lady of 26 years, from a very devoted christian home, the only female and the last child.I grew up in the way of Christ and was made to understand that life outside Christ is destruction.

What I want to share with everyone is about my love life and I really want you all to advise me on what to do cos at this moment I am highly confused.

I started having relationships nine (9) years ago while I was in ND 1, I loved my partner so well that I never knew the relationship could ever come to an end, I was in the relationship for about a year and things were going on smoothly between us until one afternoon I decided to check on him in his apartment and realised he has changed the lock to his apartment, I decided to wait patiently for him to come, on his arrival, he did not even allow me enter, all he said was that, I LOVE YOU SO WELL AND YOU HAVE BEEN EXTREMELY WONDERFUL AND YOU HAVE NOT OFFENDED ME IN ANY WAY BUT I AM SORRY TO TELL YOU THIS, "I AM SICK AND TIRED OF THIS RELATIONSHIP, LET'S GIVE IT A BREAK" I could not say a word,  I just quietly took my leave. That was how my first relationship came to an end.

I was alone for almost a year after which I went for my I.T., on getting there I met with this wonderful young man, (a christian like me) whom till date has not left my memory, he was my everything but not from my tribe. Everyone in my house liked him but my parents insisted that I can't marry due to the fact that his not a Yoruba guy and I am their only female child, so they can't afford to throw me away. I decided within me That I was not going to go into any relationship again, not Long after, my mum started disturbing me that i should find someone who will take me for who I am and my response was that , the person I truly love has been taken away from me, she persuaded me and made me see reasons with her.

I latermet with two other guys that jilted me consecutively,during this time I was already fed up of having anything to do with a man but not long after, I met with a Muslim guy who made me realise that love does not have anything to do with religion, he was really good to me but my parent was bent on me not marrying him due to his religious beliefs that I  better go for another man and I tell you, since then, everyone that has been approaching me has been Muslims, I eventually decided to go one of them who is not practicing, an d this guy has been extremely wonderful since I met him till date, as a matter of fact, I can't just do without him, cos he is my everything, the problem is that my parent is still bent on me not marrying a Muslim and the guy said he can't afford to leave me and he want s to tie the nut before the year runs out, at this junction, I am really confused, I need your advise, I want to spend the rest of my life with this guy and I don't want my parent's anger, I want their blessings,p0please I need your advise now more than ever.
Re: Please Advise Me by adaybola(f): 10:39am On Jul 12, 2010
Your parents want the best for you, believe me. Ironically, parents see what we can't see. If you are sure this is the man for you then, you have to take this step. I won't know if your pastor can help since the guy in the picture is a Muslim but the elders in your family can help. I believe there is someone in your family your parents respect a lot and will definitely listen to. You have to get their support cuz that is the blessing you need with this man. I won't advice you to break the relationship cuz you might end up making a great mistake.
Re: Please Advise Me by manmustwac(m): 10:46am On Jul 12, 2010
My British Nigerian Jehovah witness sister wanted to marry her Jehovah's witness Barbados boyfriend my mother said ''over my dead body'' but my stubborn sister refused to listen to my mother and they eventually got married. This was way back in 1989. They have 3 children now & eventually my mother got over it and is happy now.
Re: Please Advise Me by Moralistli(m): 12:31pm On Jul 12, 2010
Baby girl, u 've really come along way, the Living God that you serve, being whom he is has brought you this far for a reason unknown to you.

Neither you nor your parents is having any problem here,,,,,,,, The only question begging 4 an honest ans is, ARE YOU CONVINCED that this guy is your better-half.
If d ans is capital YES, then wake your parents up early in the morning and talk to them from your heart.

No law dictates that one should consider religion, tribal or educational background in our society.

If you are so CONVINCED as i have said earlier then you can as well approach any of your honest uncles or aunts, explain to them, and ask them to talk to your parents.

On the other hand,be sure that you 're practical in your choice and dealings; don't be desperate cos of age bracket or whatsoever.
You are almost there. SAFE and don't hesitate to extend your invitation card to me.
Re: Please Advise Me by firebrand: 4:37pm On Jul 12, 2010
The entire problem is yourself! How can a profess believer suddenly realised that the way forward is to marry a non-believer in this kind of situation.
I am also really worried about your claim that your parents are devouted xtians because tribe shouldnt have been an issue on who to marry or not. The only barrier is when the partner is of opposite religion as it is now.
My candid advice for you is that you humble yourself before God and consecrate your life the more, and persevere in prayer and God will surely send your own partner to you.
Marriage is more than emotion or passion you have for someone. Dont ever surrender your crown to an infidel, he will throw it to the dog and in a short while the second wife will follow because he is brainwashed to marry as many as possible.
Put your trust in GOD and HE will never dissapoint you.
Re: Please Advise Me by omega25red(m): 5:00pm On Jul 12, 2010
All you bible and Koran thumpers are ridiculous. IF you are a believer wether it is Jehovah, God or Allah, you are still serving the almighty. Are you all forgetting that God has different names?

your parents are old fashioned and they believe what they believe because they probably grew up that way. i will suggest that you find an elder like someone suggested and get this sorted out. By the way how or what does the guys family feel about him wanting to marry a christian?
Re: Please Advise Me by Absu(m): 5:08pm On Jul 12, 2010
@26,its nt yet over.I believe in 1naija bt as 4 marring a pure muslem,sista pls look wel b4 u leap.Except he's ready 2 convert 2 ur believe.I hv seen alot of dis and their end always follows.Diff tribe is nt 'throw-away'bt diff believe is.U should hv gone 4 d guy of diff tribe and nt diff believe.Wel,its ur life.
Re: Please Advise Me by Travelista(f): 5:14pm On Jul 12, 2010
OP: You've cast aside one guy because your parents can't afford to throw away their only daughter to an outsider? No offense but if you actually believe that nonsense, you'll be an old maid that your parents will cast off on the first fruit seller that can scrape together enough pennies to wife you. Get it together and really think about what you want. If your Muslim guy is the one for you, then go for it.

I'm just baffled at the excuse you gave for putting aside the other guy; I'm even more concerned that you actually believe the excuse you parents gave. Talk about ego/naivete.
Re: Please Advise Me by kehneah: 5:18pm On Jul 12, 2010
hey think really hard before u do this, u might think u'r head over heels in love now, u get married and the dust settles, wht happens after.as much as u think dat ur religion is not going to be a barrier to ur love,my sister i tell u,it is gonna b.r u ready to convert to a muslim (which i dnt advise)??,, is he ready to become a christain??give it a thot
Re: Please Advise Me by okenwa(m): 6:29pm On Jul 12, 2010
@ poster. this is my kindid advice.

before you ever think of settling down in marriage please do not compromise on these few points listed below:
1. tribe
2. religion
3. parent's concent
4. medical ( genotype, HIV/AIDS status, etc)
5. education qualification of partner
6. employed?
7. age bracket?
8. others etc, etc( character, manners, habits,)
9. love
10. face of ur God

listen to me marriage is for ever.
people in it want to come out for one reason or the other.

there is always someone for every one, so do not go below or above ur standard of a husband,

i have broken up from so much relationships because i have not seen my choice/contentment.

infact must u marry d wrong person?
Re: Please Advise Me by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jul 12, 2010
abakeogun:

I am their only female child, so they can't afford to throw me away.

ROTFLMAO!!!! oh lawd NL!
Re: Please Advise Me by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jul 12, 2010
compromise today cry later tomorrow. Unfortunately those egging you on here with their "it does not matter" messages wont be there when the pain starts.
Re: Please Advise Me by selfmade(f): 9:18pm On Jul 12, 2010
my advise for you is just to be extra prayerful so as not to take a wrong step in life because marriage is a life time thing and to me religious shouldnt be a barrier but the person u are dealing with. you can make your parent realize that you love him and let them you will try your best to make him change to christian because i believe if he really love you he should be willing to change.all the best
Re: Please Advise Me by Henesi2010(m): 9:37pm On Jul 12, 2010
firebrand:

The entire problem is yourself! How can a profess believer suddenly realised that the way forward is to marry a non-believer in this kind of situation.
I am also really worried about your claim that your parents are devouted xtians because tribe shouldnt have been an issue on who to marry or not. The only barrier is when the partner is of opposite religion as it is now.
My candid advice for you is that you humble yourself before God and consecrate your life the more, and persevere in prayer and God will surely send your own partner to you.
Marriage is more than emotion or passion you have for someone. Dont ever surrender your crown to an infidel, he will throw it to the dog and in a short while the second wife will follow because he is brainwashed to marry as many as possible.
Put your trust in GOD and HE will never dissapoint you.   
You sound like a clergy man. Well! You ve said the truth. She should either take it or leave it.

(1) (Reply)

I'm Falling Inlove / Guys Or Better Stil Men Pls Confirm Dis Hypothesis With All Sincerity Whether Dey Are True Or False / Is't Possible To Still Find A Virgin Lad In This Our Days?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.