Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,685 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Did Not Do NYSC - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Did Not Do NYSC (8119 Views)

Photos Of Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her Husband, Ikemba (Then Vs Now) / Jonathan Congratulates Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala On Her Twitter Appointment / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala' Twitter Appointment: Reno Omokri Replies El-Rufai's Tweet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Did Not Do NYSC by obailala(m): 8:23am On Oct 09, 2018
Funny the way some folks reason and interpret things. I've learnt one new one today courtesy of some bright folks on this thread.

"A graduate who doesnt go for nysc is a criminal; regardless of whether he opts for his personal business or whether he even chooses to relocate from Nigeria. Earning a university degree certificate and not obtaining nysc cert makes you an automatic criminal." grin

3 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Did Not Do NYSC by obailala(m): 8:24am On Oct 09, 2018
0monnak0da:

Pitiable pathetic plonker
keep firing!... When the bolts and nuts stop shaking, everyone on the thread will know.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Did Not Do NYSC by chloride6: 8:27am On Oct 09, 2018
globemoney:

SMH. That means, every Nigerian graduate without jobs should also sue NYSC for not giving them jobs and NYSC act is a criminal act for not giving jobless graduates jobs after doing NYSC?

NYSC is not tasked with the responsibility of providing jobs...

Anybody who didnt serve should go and sit down...

The rest of us that served are not stupid

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Did Not Do NYSC by chloride6: 8:28am On Oct 09, 2018
obailala:

So in essence you're saying a man who graduates and then dumps his uni certificate to focus on his main market business is automatically a criminal courtesy of some flimsy sentences in the NYSC Act?... lol

Take that sentence to court and watch how you will be disgraced from the gates.

Guilty as charged grin grin

A pe le won bi obo .

Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Did Not Do NYSC by 0monnak0da: 8:29am On Oct 09, 2018
Those who served are indeed not stupid
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Did Not Do NYSC by globemoney: 8:32am On Oct 09, 2018
chloride6:

NYSC is not tasked with the responsibility of providing jobs...

Anybody who didnt serve should go and sit down...

The rest of us that served are not stupid
Your emotions cannot rewrite the law. And I know for a fact many Nigerian politicians with first degrees but contested elections with SSCE because thats the minimum requirement needed. Since no law mandates every Nigerian to have first degree, no law also mandates anyone to do NYSC!
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Did Not Do NYSC by chloride6: 8:37am On Oct 09, 2018
globemoney:

Your emotions cannot rewrite the law. And I know for a fact many Nigerian politicians with first degrees but contested elections with SSCE because thats the minimum requirement needed. Since no law mandates every Nigerian to have first degree, no law also mandates anyone to do NYSC!

I have not rewritten the law. i have only stated what the law says in black and white.

If a criminal sentence was not attached to the service year, what then makes it mandatory and why would any reasonable person serve?
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Did Not Do NYSC by globemoney: 8:41am On Oct 09, 2018
chloride6:

I have not rewritten the law. i have only stated what the law says in black and white.

If a criminal sentence was not attached to the service year, what then makes it mandatory and why would any reasonable person serve?

the law you posted is even internal. lol

Most Nigerians are indeed poorly educated!

Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Did Not Do NYSC by oyatz(m): 8:42am On Oct 09, 2018
NYSC was introduced in 1973, long before NOI graduated.

Children of the rich and mighty like to dodge the National Service.

efechris:

So those who graduated before the NYSC scheme was initiated, should go and re apply again abi?

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Did Not Do NYSC by Ziggylady(f): 8:46am On Oct 09, 2018
0monnak0da:
This is clear from her CV which is in the public domain.
Just like Pat Utomi,, Ben Murray Bruce, Tinubu and many others.

...lets assume you are correct,did they forge an 'Oluwole NYSC certificate' like your Madam Adeosun??...I guess not.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Did Not Do NYSC by 0monnak0da: 8:48am On Oct 09, 2018
So many heediots quoting me.
Not enough time for them all
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Did Not Do NYSC by RTSC: 8:56am On Oct 09, 2018
So people are still arguing this?

If NOI wants to run, she will run. There is nothing in the constitution that stops them as long as she does not forge like kemi oluwole the conehead.

2 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Did Not Do NYSC by chloride6: 9:03am On Oct 09, 2018
globemoney:

the law you posted is even internal. lol

Most Nigerians are indeed poorly educated!

grin grin grin grin grin

okay wait...

Lets say a person obtains a B.Sc and does not serve. Can he exercise his constitutional right to be voted for? Yes.

However how can a person who is convicted for evading service vote and be voted for?

The day such a person tried to run for office, court proceedings will begin in earnest...

Better to free than to be in jail ...
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Did Not Do NYSC by chloride6: 9:07am On Oct 09, 2018
oyatz:
NYSC was introduced in 1973, long before NOI graduated.

Children of the rich and mighty like to dodge the National Service.

Just to corroborate you

Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Did Not Do NYSC by globemoney: 9:09am On Oct 09, 2018
chloride6:

grin grin grin grin grin

okay wait...

Lets say a person obtains a B.Sc and does not serve. Can he exercise his constitutional right to be voted for? Yes.

However how can a person who is convicted for evading service vote and be voted for?

The day such a person tried to run for office, court proceedings will begin in earnest...

Better to free than to be in jail ...
Since it's a criminal offence. that means the person can be walking free until he decides to contest election? That means I can break any Nigerian law and ask the police not to arrest me so far as I dont contest election? You see why what you are saying does not have a locus standi grin grin
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Did Not Do NYSC by chloride6: 9:13am On Oct 09, 2018
globemoney:

Since it's a criminal offence. that means the person can be walking free until he decides to contest election? That means I can break any Nigerian law and ask the police not to arrest me so far as I dont contest election? You see why what you are saying does not have a locus standi grin grin

Nope you can be arrested once you do not register for NYSC at the closest call up. We havent just remembered you, datz all grin

Run for office lets see if you will go scot free

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Did Not Do NYSC by globemoney: 9:15am On Oct 09, 2018
chloride6:

Nope you can be arrested once you do not register for NYSC at the closest call up. We havent just remembered you, datz all grin

Run for office lets see if will go scot free
Ok, I get it now then cheesy
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Did Not Do NYSC by thatigboman: 9:33am On Oct 09, 2018
globemoney:

Buhari did his NYSC in Lagos
chai
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Did Not Do NYSC by thatigboman: 9:35am On Oct 09, 2018
0monnak0da:

The comment is for educated people.

If you are Nigerian and you graduate from university you MUST serve.
Must

No ifs no buts.
Failure to serve is punishable by prison
when was the nysc act enacted?
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Did Not Do NYSC by oodualover: 9:59am On Oct 09, 2018
Shuku0kukobambi:

I've been looking for the fulani agenda since they started wanking over Atiku, Tambuwal, kwankwaso, Lamido etc but couldn't find it. They are ready to be slaves to awusa people again. In fact, they're begging and threatening fire and brimstone if they don't get to be slaves to Awusa Atiku now. The people matter tire me cheesy
Yoruba are no longer "betrayers of the South". Lol
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Did Not Do NYSC by seunmsg(m): 10:17am On Oct 09, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

Uncle, NYSC Act cannot override the provisions of the Constitution and NYSC Act has nothing to do with electoral matters, that's the business of the Constitution and E.A.

NOTE: Elective positions aren't "job employment" within the context of what that NYSC Act prescribes, not even ministerial and other political appointments.

Tonye, you of all people should know better. This is not about the constitution or the electoral act. It is not even about qualification for elective position. According to our law, all Nigerians who graduate before the age of 30 MUST SERVE. Failure to present yourself for NYSC after graduating before 30 is a crime punishable under the NYSC act. It does not matter whether you want to seek elective office or not. Once it is discovered that you skipped NYSC, you can be charged to court and sentenced to one year imprisonment plus a fine of 2k. You guys should stop mixing this up with the legal qualification to contest for political offices.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Did Not Do NYSC by PFRB: 10:21am On Oct 09, 2018
Where is the proof that she did not do NYSC? ? ? ?
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Did Not Do NYSC by Smily202(m): 10:32am On Oct 09, 2018
obailala:
Funny the way some folks reason and interpret things. I've learnt one new one today courtesy of some bright folks on this thread.

"A graduate who doesnt go for nysc is a criminal; regardless of whether he opts for his personal business or whether he even chooses to relocate from Nigeria. Earning a university degree certificate and not obtaining nysc cert makes you an automatic criminal." grin

grin grin
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Did Not Do NYSC by T9ksy(m): 10:35am On Oct 09, 2018
Shuku0kukobambi:

I've been looking for the fulani agenda since they started wanking over Atiku, Tambuwal, kwankwaso, Lamido etc but couldn't find it. They are ready to be slaves to awusa people again. In fact, they're begging and threatening fire and brimstone if they don't get to be slaves to Awusa Atiku now. The people matter tire me cheesy

Abi o jare!!! No be only you o as their matter tire me, too.

They have ALWAYS been awusa slaves right from day one yet they never stop calling others "awusa slaves".

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Did Not Do NYSC by Shuku0kukobambi: 10:36am On Oct 09, 2018
T9ksy:

Abi o jare!!! No be only you o as their matter tire me, too.

They have ALWAYS been awusa slaves right from day one yet they never stop calling others "awusa slaves".

They can live no other way. I pray Atiku doesn't disappoint them otherwise, e no go easy cheesy
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Did Not Do NYSC by seunmsg(m): 10:36am On Oct 09, 2018
obailala:

So in essence you're saying a man who graduates and then dumps his uni certificate to focus on his main market business is automatically a criminal courtesy of[b] some flimsy sentences in the NYSC Act?[/b]... lol

Take that sentence to court and watch how you will be disgraced from the gates.

Are you kidding me? You just called the provision of a valid law some flimsy sentences shocked shocked shocked
See, this is not the time to be emotional. The law is the law irrespective of how anybody feels about it. It also doesn't make sense to me but it is the law. That it was overlooked before now does not mean it will be overlooked in the future. There is a popular awareness about NYSC law after the Kemi Adeosun saga. APC screened out Shittu because he skipped NYSC. The moment Ngozi decides to contest for any political office, opponents and other busy body organizations like SERAP will sue her to court for violating NYCS act.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Did Not Do NYSC by Smily202(m): 10:36am On Oct 09, 2018
seunmsg:

Tonye, you of all people should know better. This is not about the constitution or the electoral act. It is not even about qualification for elective position. According to our law, all Nigerians who graduate before the age of 3o MUST SERVE. Failure to present yourself for NYSC after graduating before 30 is a crime punishable under the NYSC act. It does not matter whether you want to seek elective office or not. Once it is discovered that you skipped NYSC, you can be charged to court and sentenced to one year imprisonment plus a fine of 2k. You guys should stop mixing this up with the legal qualification to contest for political offices.

shocked shocked shocked

Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Did Not Do NYSC by docadams: 10:36am On Oct 09, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

The Constitution is very clear, being educated up to secondary school level is enough, others are extraneous

I don't expect you to argue differently. Whatever she is going to present as qualification cannot invalidate what she presented earlier. And should such scenario arise, she is going to have a load of questions to answer.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Did Not Do NYSC by Smily202(m): 10:37am On Oct 09, 2018
seunmsg:

Are you kidding me? You just called the provision of a valid law some flimsy sentences shocked shocked shocked
See, this is not the time to be emotional. The law is the law irrespective of how anybody feels about it. It also doesn't make sense to me but it is the law. That it was overlooked before now does not mean it will be overlooked in the future. There is a popular awareness about NYSC law after the Kemi Adeosun saga. APC screened out Shittu because he skipped NYSC. The moment Ngozi decides to contest for any political office, opponents and other busy body organizations like SERAP will sue her to court for violating NYCS act.

shocked shocked
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Did Not Do NYSC by docadams: 10:45am On Oct 09, 2018
mbagideon:

man what you dey talk just trying to sound intelligent right he's saying that's the minimum qualifications you need for an elective post in Nigeria is that right or not stop bringing up side issue

Your befuddled reasoning won't allow you to appreciate the gravity of the issue.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Did Not Do NYSC by kitone: 10:49am On Oct 09, 2018
If you enter the Army after school, you don't need to do NYSC ,pls be informed

[qquote author=LibertyRep post=71905754]

Buhari? NYSC? A joke?[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

NDLEA Arrests Fake Security Agent, Brazil Returnee, Recovers Cookies, Others / Mohammad Abubakar: Ranching Is The Easiest And Best Thing To Do / Soyinka Blasts Aondokaa On CNN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.