Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,765 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Did Not Do NYSC - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Did Not Do NYSC (8120 Views)

Photos Of Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her Husband, Ikemba (Then Vs Now) / Jonathan Congratulates Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala On Her Twitter Appointment / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala' Twitter Appointment: Reno Omokri Replies El-Rufai's Tweet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Did Not Do NYSC by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:03am On Oct 09, 2018
seunmsg:

Tonye, you of all people should know better. This is not about the constitution or the electoral act. It is not even about qualification for elective position. According to our law, all Nigerians who graduate before the age of 3o MUST SERVE. Failure to present yourself for NYSC after graduating before 30 is a crime punishable under the NYSC act. It does not matter whether you want to seek elective office or not. Once it is discovered that you skipped NYSC, you can be charged to court and sentenced to one year imprisonment plus a fine of 2k. You guys should stop mixing this up with the legal qualification to contest for political offices.
Okay. Charging to court does not automatically convict someone and the Constitution is very clear on requirements for nomination into elective and appointive offices.

I tell you a legal suit will not fly neither will it stop her nomination. At worst it would be overtaken by event
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Did Not Do NYSC by T9ksy(m): 11:15am On Oct 09, 2018
Shuku0kukobambi:

They can live no other way. I pray Atiku doesn't disappoint them otherwise, e no go easy cheesy

I sincerely hope atiku wins as am certain he will disappoint them. But then, they will still blame the yorubas for their genetically slavish propensity to their fulani masters.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Did Not Do NYSC by CHRISDMANAGER(m): 11:20am On Oct 09, 2018
0monnak0da:
This is clear from her CV which is in the public domain.
Just like Pat Utomi,, Ben Murray Bruce, Tinubu and many others.

Op you tried for bringing this up,but from my own observeaction,she did not forge the certificate because she knows forgery is a criminal offence..

Secondly, for you to via for electoral position,you need a minimum of waec certificate or its equivalent which i think she posses..

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Did Not Do NYSC by Shuku0kukobambi: 11:21am On Oct 09, 2018
T9ksy:

I sincerely hope atiku wins as am certain he will disappoint them. But then, they will still blame the yorubas for their genetically slavish propensity to their fulani masters.

cheesy cheesy
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Did Not Do NYSC by efechris(m): 11:38am On Oct 09, 2018
[quote author=0monnak0da post=71915082]
What has that got to do with this?
Who exactly is itt that graduated before the NYSC.
If you have nothing sensible to say why not keep quiet and stop ridiculing yourself [/quote

See how sensible you are and have same time not ridiculed yourself.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Did Not Do NYSC by obailala(m): 11:58am On Oct 09, 2018
seunmsg:

Are you kidding me? You just called the provision of a valid law some flimsy sentences shocked shocked shocked
See, this is not the time to be emotional. The law is the law irrespective of how anybody feels about it. It also doesn't make sense to me but it is the law. That it was overlooked before now does not mean it will be overlooked in the future. There is a popular awareness about NYSC law after the Kemi Adeosun saga. APC screened out Shittu because he skipped NYSC. The moment Ngozi decides to contest for any political office, opponents and other busy body organizations like SERAP will sue her to court for violating NYCS act.
I stand by my previous statement. When the contents of the law makes no sense, then such law is nonsense and cannot be enforced. That is the reason laws are subject to review from time to time to remove or update such irrational clauses. As for the extract of the NYSC Act which has been quoted on this thread, it's either you and I do not understand it fully, or the clause itself is faulty and cannot stand.

There are a multitude of Nigerians who hold university degrees from Nigeria and other parts of the world but who did not bother to get nysc certs because they do not intend to pick up jobs which require their degrees. If after leaving uni, I decide to just put my degree aside and concentrate on my business, do you mean to tell me I'm automatically breaking the law by doing that?... I guess not! If that's what the case is, then the law makes no sense and cannot hold water. SERAP or no SERAP, if the case gets to any law court, it wouod be flung out.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Did Not Do NYSC by globemoney: 12:06pm On Oct 09, 2018
seunmsg:

Tonye, you of all people should know better. This is not about the constitution or the electoral act. It is not even about qualification for elective position. According to our law, all Nigerians who graduate before the age of 30 MUST SERVE. Failure to present yourself for NYSC after graduating before 30 is a crime punishable under the NYSC act. It does not matter whether you want to seek elective office or not. Once it is discovered that you skipped NYSC, you can be charged to court and sentenced to one year imprisonment plus a fine of 2k. You guys should stop mixing this up with the legal qualification to contest for political offices.
Even you have the answer to your question, you can charge her to court for not doing NYSC (which is even neither here nor there) and useless since is didnt get a job without NYSC, it doesnt affect her contesting elections, it is totally an unrelated case.

You mentioned the case of Shitu which is just Politics and had nothing to do with the law
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Did Not Do NYSC by maureendickson(f): 12:26pm On Oct 09, 2018
It is not a must to serve. Please go through the constitution very well. I don't why Nigerians like to blow things out of proportion
0monnak0da:

The comment is for educated people.

If you are Nigerian and you graduate from university you MUST serve.
Must

No ifs no buts.
Failure to serve is punishable by prison
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Did Not Do NYSC by chloride6: 1:12pm On Oct 09, 2018
maureendickson:
It is not a must to serve. Please go through the constitution very well. I don't why Nigerians like to blow things out of proportion

It is not mandatory to serve but it is mandatory to go jail.

grin

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Did Not Do NYSC by PFRB: 7:18am On Oct 10, 2018
Where is the proof that she did not do NYSC.?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Insecurity: How Security Chiefs Secured Confidence Of Senators – Vanguard / Governor Akeredolu Leads APC Campaign Rally On Ondo Central / Buratai: A Prophet Home And Abroad By Adeka Onyilo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.