Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,988 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East (34793 Views)

Atiku Shops For Campaign DG, Seeks Obasanjo’s Endorsement / Deadlock Over Governor Wike As Atiku Searches For Running Mate / 2023 Presidency: APC Weighs Options As Atiku Shops For Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by Bede2u(m): 5:24am On Oct 09, 2018
CityNGR:

Yadayada SW VP or Atiku loses in a landslide
let him lose landslide. But if per chance he wins.....lol tongue

SE vp all the way

19 Likes

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by Nobody: 5:43am On Oct 09, 2018
TheGuyNextDoor:
Osinbajo is a good man but unfortunately some of us will abandon him because of the people he's paired with. We are talking about a Nation here not tribe. ATIKU might later disappoint too but we need a listening President. See the issues of SARS.... Osinbajo was able to fix when Buhari travelled. He didn't care.... We need to save this country. May God help us

So you think Atiku is the man to save the country right. I don’t even know why we southerners are thinking this way. It’s just a common knowledge that both Buhari and Atiku are old men without any capabilities of ruling this country. Come to think of it, if we allow Atiku to become president , that means we are allowing probably 8years of irresponsible leadership from this old northern corp of leaders. Atiku is corrupt to the bone and it beats my imagination that people keep anchoring for an Atiku. It just saddens me, I think Nigeria deserves everything we get Caz we just can’t think right.

Attached is a link of the United state senate committee using Atiku corruption as a case study in the US senate.

https://www.hsgac.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/FOREIGNCORRUPTIONREPORTFINAL710.pdf

Ask yourself if this is the kind of president you want for Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by yerimastyle(m): 5:46am On Oct 09, 2018
3Ebisco:
There are indications that presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, has narrowed his search for a running mate to the South East geo-political region.

LEADERSHIP gathered yesterday that the search for the party’s vice president’s slot has further been narrowed to Enugu and Abia States in the zone. The PDP has till October 18 to submit the names of its presidential candidate and his running mate to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) in line with the commission’s timetable.

A PDP source who is privy to the decision at a meeting of the South East caucus of the party held in the build up to the presidential primaries said the position was further narrowed to the two South East states.

The source added that deputy Senate President Ike Ekweremadu; former minister of Finance, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala and Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe were mentioned during the meeting. The space was also open to persons from other state in the zone, with former Anambra State governor, Peter Obi, tipped as a possible choice in the event where those considered from the two states are rejected.

It was learnt the former vice president was open to work with the former minister of finance who has represented Abia State in the past but, stakeholders from the state opposed his choice. A move to replace the minister with the incumbent governor was also resisted by “other governors and party chieftains at the meeting who said he was not qualified for the position.

“The Enugu people put forward a serving Senator (Ekweremadu), while the name of a serving senator from Abia (Abaribe) was also considered. But so far, no name has been adopted. These are just names that he was presented with. He has to submit the names today.” It was also gathered that the South West has also launched a lobby for the position on grounds that it would serve as compensation for the way the region was sidelined during the national chairmanship contest last year, which went to the South South. Ohanaeze Gives Conditions For Support Meanwhile, Ohanaeze Ndigbo yesterday insisted that only a running mate from the South East will be a suitable pair for PDP to win the 2019 presidential election in the zone.

Reacting to the victory of former Vice President Atiku, Ohaneze Youth Council Worldwide led by Mazi Okechukwu Isiguzoro said Atiku is the right man for the job.

The youth wing of socio-cultural group warned however that Ndigbo would work against PDP if Atiku fails to pick his running mate from the Igbo extraction. Isiguzoro said, “Majority of Igbos believes in Restructuring and majority of Igbo youths wants referendum because of the economic hardship in the country.

We believe that Atiku campaign for restructuring will win the hearts of Nigerians and a possible pair of running mate from South East will quell the quest for referendum by agitators and Igbo Youths. “We insists that any betrayal of denying Ndigbo the vice presidential slot of PDP will make Ndigbo dump PDP in the presidential election, but vote PDP in the gubernatorial elections in Abia, Ebonyi and Enugu”,. The group further said that the zone has better personalities like Peter Obi, Ngozi Okonjo Iweala, Senator Ike Ekweremadu and Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe who are fit for the vice presidential job. The group warned that it will work against the PDP by mobilising youths in the zone to vote for another party if Atiku fails to pick his running mate from the South East.

Atiku on Sunday defeated 11 other aspirants to pick the party’s ticket. He is main challenger to incumbent President Muhammadu Buhari of the All Progressive Congress (APC) in next year’s presidential election. Meanwhile, the Coalition of United Political Parties (CUPP), the umbrella body of over 40 opposition political parties, has congratulated the PDP and all other coalition parties in the grand Alliance for their successful primaries. Spokesperson of CUPP, Ikenga Imo Ugochinyere, in a statement said, “The end of the primary process of the individual parties today marks the beginning of the main work of the CUPP, which is to select a consensus candidate from the over 15 presidential candidates that have emerged from parties that are members of the CUPP grand alliance. “The process that will lead to the emergence of the grand coalition candidate of the CUPP will start in earnest this week. Sending the incompetent President Buhari-led APC government to the political dustbin of landslide electoral defeat is a task that Nigerians are eagerly waiting to accomplish with the CUPP come 2019”.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/10/atiku-shops-for-running-mate-in-south.html
Trash

1 Like

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by yerimastyle(m): 5:48am On Oct 09, 2018
Iblad0994:

So you think Atiku is the man to save the country right. I don’t even know why we southerners are thinking this way. It’s just a common knowledge that both Buhari and Atiku are old men without any capabilities of ruling this country. Come to think of it, if we allow Atiku to become president , that means we are allowing probably 8years of irresponsible leadership from this old northern corp of leaders. Atiku is corrupt to the bone and it beats my imagination that people keep anchoring for an Atiku. It just saddens me, I think Nigeria deserves everything we get Caz we just can’t think right.

Attached is a link of the United state senate committee using Atiku corruption as a case study in the US senate.

trash this into the bin

7 Likes

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by Nobody: 5:49am On Oct 09, 2018
chiderakings33:

your son osibanjo and buharihave destroy this country with hunger and corruption
Rubbish!!!.
Use another line, you know presently in Nigeria, there is no politician with clean record as Osinbajo.
Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by Nobody: 5:51am On Oct 09, 2018
yerimastyle:
trash this into the bin
Most of you guys cannot hold a logical argument, so you have no choice than to thrash it to the bin since logical reasoning eludes you.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by Nobody: 5:52am On Oct 09, 2018
sarrki:
I want to see any reasonable omoluabis that will come here and tell me trash

I will support my son, brother and leader 100%

Keep supporting your brother; while Nigeria burns and hundreds get killed as in the case of Agatu and Enugu community.

Tribalism has beclouded your sense of justice.

To you, a leader who is not security conscious can remain in power just because he is from your tribe while neglecting the one preaching state police and restructuring in the person of atiku.

After all you will call yourself a patriotic Nigerian.
Your type is keeping Nigeria from progressing.
If it were in the time of coups, you would have been taken down for the progress of the nation.

Patriotic you my foot.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by Bede2u(m): 5:53am On Oct 09, 2018
Iblad0994:

eat shit and die bro. Even u show me pics of atiku robbing a bank, i will still vote him

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by Nobody: 5:54am On Oct 09, 2018
CityNGR:

Not possible. If he picks Igbo he should forget any SW vote. That's a banker. And even if he gets all southeast votes...he will still be roundly defeated... Igbos don't understand Nigerian politics... I'd rather support Osinbajo even if I dislike Buhari than support an Atiku with a Igbo VP!

Keep supporting your brother; while Nigeria burns and hundreds get killed as in the case of Agatu and Enugu community.

To you, a leader who is not security conscious can remain in power just because he is from your tribe, while neglecting the one preaching restructuring as in case of atiku.

If it were in the time of coups, you would have been taken down for the progress of the nation.

Patriotic you my foot.

18 Likes

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by Nobody: 5:57am On Oct 09, 2018
Bede2u:
eat shit and die bro. Even u show me pics of atiku robbing a bank, i will still vote him
Wonderful, that line is becoming stale, try to be original and use your own line.

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by Nobody: 5:59am On Oct 09, 2018
Funnicator:

To you, a leader who is not security conscious can remain in power just because he is from your tribe, while neglecting the one preaching restructuring as in case of atiku.

Patriotic you my foot.
Did the Killing just started during Buhari’s era?. I don’t know that you Ipigs have started thinking with your anus

7 Likes

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by Nobody: 6:01am On Oct 09, 2018
Iblad0994:

Look at you. So your Buhari who is not wanted for corruption who has he jailed for corruption?

How well has he fared with our economy?

The plummeting Naira nko?

Our horrible security nko?mindless killings in the north central and East.

Mindless clampdown on opposition who are the real face of democracy nko?
Abeg go and sleep.

Buhari who is devoid of US clampdown is worse.

They preached to us Buhari will bring change and we gave him a trial, he was abysmal,now they say atiku is not the change, I'll give him a trial .

Since their words can't hold water.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by IamAtikulate: 6:01am On Oct 09, 2018
Iblad0994:
I’m just laughing in Spanish. I want to see how the Yorubas will abandon their son Osinbajo for an Atiku/Igbo candidature.

2019 will be interesting. Haha
You know and you people are still trying to backmail PDP into giving you a ticket you didn't work for. No wonder the rest of the country see you people as Lazy.

I am glad 2019 would make us square up against the SW, at the end, we shall see who truly is the Kingmakers. We are going to utilize our spread across the nation to deal a deadly blow against the satanic NW/SW alliance.

We are certain that SS, MB wouldn't fail the NE/SE alliance.

It would be interesting.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by Nobody: 6:02am On Oct 09, 2018
Iblad0994:

Did the Killing just started during Buhari’s era?. I don’t know that you Ipigs have started thinking with your anus

Shut up. So because it didn't start in Buhari era then he can't end it in his era?

What was he elected to do?

End only things that started in his era?

You Yorubas have a weird interpretation of leadership.

*spits

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by IamAtikulate: 6:03am On Oct 09, 2018
Iblad0994:

Yes, it started under Buhari.

14 Likes

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by CityNGR: 6:03am On Oct 09, 2018
Funnicator:

Patriotic you my foot.
Where did you see patriotism in my writings? SW VP or Buhari continues. Meanwhile you people might also get your Biafra
Not get off my mentions

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by TundeBricklayer: 6:04am On Oct 09, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

Buhari will lose massively in the North central and lose a huge number oof votes from the NE/NW.The SS/SE will make up for the SW
Also don't forget , there are large numbers of Igbos, and minorities from Niger delta and middle belt across southwest states especially Lagos, Ogun, Oyo and Ondo. Same will happen in 2019 APC will win all western states but PDP will grab enough votes in west because of Igbos and other minorities, in 2015 we experienced voters apathy in southeast because of Mbaka's factor, and GEJ was reluctant with eastern voters he was busy dishing out money to western leaders and north and ignored east, and didn't do much in infrastructures unlike now Igbo and other minorities are bitter with PMB, during 2011 presidential election state like Anambra gave PDP 1.1 million votes, Imo 1.1, Abia 1.3 million Enugu 802.144, Ebonyi 480.492. Igbos will vote massively across the country if they see their own as VP to Atiku.
Below is 2015 and 2011, for those that said Igbos have no electoral value are very ignorant.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by Nobody: 6:08am On Oct 09, 2018
Funnicator:

Shut up. So because it didn't start in Buhari era then he can't end it in his era?

*spits
I said that Caz you’re attributing the killings to Buhari. You Ipigs are devoid of sane reasoning and you’re not always good students of history. Caz the rhetorics you’ve been propagating all this while is that Buhari is behind the killings. Because it hasn’t ended yet dosen’t mean that he’s the major cause or that he ain’t trying his best.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by Nobody: 6:10am On Oct 09, 2018
IamAtikulate:

Yes, it started under Buhari.
Rubbish!!!

1 Like

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by IamAtikulate: 6:12am On Oct 09, 2018
Funnicator:

*spits
Those people are willing to burn the country just because of VP. Knowing that the odds are against them, they are now trying to blackmail PDP for a ticket they didn't work for. How many of their brothers did they butchered just to make sure PDP didn't retain Ekiti or win Osun?

SE left APC for them. Even when Oyegun tenure elapsed and SE was line to produce the next, they hurriedly chose Oshiomole through consensus, did we ask any question?

No. Why? Because we hate APC to the core and didn't want to align with them in anyway. But our sophisticated brothers that hate PDP first asked for National Chairman, but were denied and now have started asking for VP.

Nothing for them. President (NE), VP (SE), SP (MB), DSP (SS), Speaker (NE), Deputy Speaker (NW), Senate Leader (SW). If they can't manage Senate Leader, then there is nothing we could do about it.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by Nobody: 6:13am On Oct 09, 2018
IamAtikulate:

You know and you people are still trying to backmail PDP into giving you a ticket you didn't work for. No wonder the rest of the country see you people as Lazy.

I am glad 2019 would make us square up against the SW, at the end, we shall see who truly is the Kingmakers. We are going to utilize our spread across the nation to deal a deadly blow against the satanic NW/SW alliance.

We are certain that SS, MB wouldn't fail the NE/SE alliance.

It would be interesting.
What’s my own with Feedeefee. My prayer is that Atiku should pick a S’easterner as VP. Your zone labored hard for PDP so it’s normal for him to choose from there.

My prayer is just that and I hope it happens. Are you happy now??
Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by Nobody: 6:14am On Oct 09, 2018
IamAtikulate:

Those people are willing to burn the country just because of VP. Knowing that the odds are against them, they are now trying to blackmail PDP for a ticket they didn't work for. How many of their brothers did they butchered just to make sure PDP didn't retain Ekiti or win Osun?

SE left APC for them. Even when Oyegun tenure elapsed and SE was line to produce the next, they hurriedly chose Oshiomole through consensus, did we ask any question?

No. Why? Because we hate APC to the core and didn't want to align with them in anyway. But our sophisticated brothers that hate PDP first asked for National Chairman, but were denied and now have started asking for VP.

Nothing for them. President (NE), VP (SE), SP (MB), DSP (SS), Speaker (NE), Deputy Speaker (NW), Senate Leader (SW). If they can't manage Senate Leader, then there is nothing we could do about it.
Wow wonderful analogy. I pray Atiku follow your lead and appoint a S’eastern VP. That will be great. Are you happy now?

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by IamAtikulate: 6:16am On Oct 09, 2018
TundeBricklayer:

Also don't forget , there are large number of Igbos, and minorities from Niger delta and middle belt in across southwest especially Lagos, Ogun, Oyo and Ondo. Same will happen in 2019 APC will win all western states but PDP will grab enough votes in west because of Igbos and other minorities, in 2015 we experienced voters apathy in southeast because of Mbaka factor, and GEJ was reluctant with eastern voters he was busy dishing out money to western leaders and north and ignored east, and didn't do much in infrastructures unlike now Igbo and other minorities are bitter with PMB, during 2011 presidential election state like Anambra gave PDP 1.1 million votes, Imo 1.1, Abia 1.3 million Enugu 802.144, Ebonyi 480.492. Igbos will vote massively across the country if they see their own as VP to Atiku.
Below is 2015 and 2011, for those that said Igbos have no electoral value are very ignorant.
The only reason we boycot election is because none has ever featured an Igbo man on the ballot. We go show them that Kano is learning when it comes to rigging election. Unborn children would vote that day. Winning that election is a matter of Igbo National Interest and anyone that votes against would be declared enemy of Ndi Igbo.

18 Likes

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by Nobody: 6:21am On Oct 09, 2018
sarrki:
I want to see any reasonable omoluabis that will come here and tell me trash

I will support my son, brother and leader 100%
zombie, plz speak for ur useless self...Osinbajo that can not even win his own local government.
Osinbajo may be ur own son, he is not my own son or anything because we Yorubas haven't even benefitted from the lifeless one..
I'm from osun state, plz tell me one project Osinbajo has done for us here that makes him deserve our votes..

lol.. better start atikulating..you zombies has made everyone believes all Yorubas are pro Apc/Buhari.
we both know Buhari may even loose some SW states, and that includes my state of osun.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by bestpunterever: 6:21am On Oct 09, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

Atiku is not hoping on votes only from the SS/SE.This is not GEJ.Wake up dude.He is also a Muslim and a northerner and will pull significant votes from the core north aand middle belt. most yyorubas will vote APC anyway whether a sw VP emerges or not including you and Sarrki
what you guys don't understand is that Atiku can't defeat Buhari in the north, didn't Atiku contest in 2011, did he win any state? No kwankaso would have even been a formidable opposition in the north for Buhari.
Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by TundeBricklayer: 6:22am On Oct 09, 2018
Iblad0994:

Yoruba political leader

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by Nobody: 6:25am On Oct 09, 2018
Iblad0994:
I’m just laughing in Spanish. I want to see how the Yorubas will abandon their son Osinbajo for an Atiku/Igbo candidature.

2019 will be interesting. Haha
lol.. you zombies are so funny, osun election should have taught some of you a lesson, APC propaganda do not work again, people are getting wiser.
pls who made Osinbajo our son..Osinbajo that will even loose to Buruji/Adebutu in his own local government.
Yorubas are not senseless or brainlesslike the Hausa people down north.

10 Likes

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by TundeBricklayer: 6:28am On Oct 09, 2018
bestpunterever:
what you guys don't understand is that Atiku can't defeat Buhari in the north, didn't Atiku contest in 2011, did he win any state? No kwankaso would have even been a formidable opposition in the north for Buhari.
2011 was between Jonathan, Buhari, Ribadu and Shekarau
Below is 2011 presidential result, you can zoom to see how both region east and west voted.

7 Likes

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by Nobody: 6:29am On Oct 09, 2018
Sap0:

lol.. you zombies are so funny, osun election should have taught some of you a lesson, APC propaganda do not work again, people are getting wiser.
pls who made Osinbajo our son..Osinbajo that will even loose to Buruji/Adebutu in his own local government.
Yorubas are not senseless or brainlesslike the Hausa people down north.
Rubbish!!!. You can’t use Osun election as a case study, it’s a different scenario entirely Omo Igbo.

Osun people voted based on sympathy for the late Adeleke and also for the fact that Aregbesola is owing workers.

National agenda is different from intra Yoruba agenda, Okoro Igbo get that into your skull

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by mycar: 6:29am On Oct 09, 2018
Iblad0994:

Hey Mr man, Look for another thing to tell us, do you have another stronger candidate other than Atiku, don't tell me Buhari because he has failed woefully.

14 Likes

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by IamAtikulate: 6:30am On Oct 09, 2018
Iblad0994:

Wow wonderful analogy. I pray Atiku follow your lead and appoint a S’eastern VP. That will be great. Are you happy now?
He has no choice. A region that doesn't give block vote can't achieve much in Nigeria. Do you think Buhari would have settled for a SW Presidency in 2015, if Ndi Igbo had committed into APC like SW?

Check all Presidential contenders from the North that wants to dislodge a sitting power, their choice of VP is always from SE: Shagari, Buhari, Buhari, Atiku, Ribadu. In 2011, Shekarau wanted to run with Ogbonaya Onu but was cautioned against it because SE was already on lock down for GEJ and same year, Buhari dropped Ngige for Bakare.

Do you know why they are doing this? Because Ndi Igbo is the only region that is widely spread across the nation.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by inkon: 6:32am On Oct 09, 2018
olawalepopoola:
If he picks from the East, Osibanjo factor will play out it the west and will be very hard for the north to vote for him [bold]cos of the political rifts[/bold] between the Igbos and most part of the country

What exactly is the political rift please?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Family Of 19 Herders Killed In Igbariam, Anambra - Alhaji Suleiman Yakubu / Osun Election: Voting Disrupted In Ikire (Photos) / Edo University Confers Oshiomhole With Honorary Doctorate Degree (PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.