Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East (34792 Views)

Atiku Shops For Campaign DG, Seeks Obasanjo’s Endorsement / Deadlock Over Governor Wike As Atiku Searches For Running Mate / 2023 Presidency: APC Weighs Options As Atiku Shops For Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by Nobody: 6:33am On Oct 09, 2018
TundeBricklayer:

Yoruba political leader
We are discussing about Atiku, and yes, I never absolve Tinubu of any blame also.
So stick to the bone of contention and stop dilly dallying like a dangling rope

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by IamAtikulate: 6:33am On Oct 09, 2018
Iblad0994:

Rubbish!!!. You can’t use Osun election as a case study, it’s a different scenario entirely Omo Igbo.

Osun people voted based on sympathy for the late Adeleke and also for the fact that Aregbesola is owing workers.

National agenda is different from intra Yoruba agenda, Okoro Igbo get that into your skull
Deceive yourself. They voted because they are tired. A lot of progressive yorubas would jump ship once we start signing the song of restructuring. Isn't that what they have always wanted?

8 Likes

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by Nobody: 6:33am On Oct 09, 2018
Iblad0994:

Rubbish!!!. You can’t use Osun election as a case study, it’s a different scenario entirely Omo Igbo.

Osun people voted based on sympathy for the late Adeleke and also for the fact that Aregbesola is owing workers.

National agenda is different from intra Yoruba agenda, Okoro Igbo get that into your skull
arindin..any Yoruba not supporting Apc on nairaland are termed omo-Igbo..
Buhari is loosing Osun state, and you can take it to the bank..we are tired of Buhari in our state..
zombie,give me a reason why osun must vote Buhari, what have we enjoyed under him?
lol.. keep living in 2014,your god, Buhari will loose in osun.
bookmark this post.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by mycar: 6:34am On Oct 09, 2018
Iblad0994:

If you has been campaigning for another person other than Buhari, I would have taken you serious but for Buhari that I know, you have no direction in life.
It is easier to get a man that has a second term ambition to perform than the one that knows that he has nothing to loose, Buhari will scatter the country and leave if he wins again as he has nothing to be afraid of.

12 Likes

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by Nobody: 6:35am On Oct 09, 2018
Sap0:

arindin..any Yoruba not supporting Apc on nairaland are termed omo-Igbo..
Buhari is loosing Osun state, and you can take it to the bank..we are tired of Buhari in our state..
zombie,give me a reason why osun must vote Buhari, what have we enjoyed under him?
lol.. keep living in 2014,your god, Buhari will loose in osun.
bookmark this post.
I’ll definitely bookmark it Okoro Igbo. God will give us long life to witness the defeat of Atiku in 2019 both in Osun and Nigeria as a whole. My prayer to God is for Atiku to choose a S’Easterner as VP, so you can know what is called Yoruba politics. Let’s wait and see

1 Like

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by Nobody: 6:38am On Oct 09, 2018
mycar:

If you has been campaigning for another person other than Buhari, I would have taken you serious but for Buhari that I know, you have no direction in life.
It is easier to get a man that has a second term ambition to perform than the one that knows that he has nothing to loose, Buhari will scatter the country and leave if he wins again as he has nothing to be afraid of.
Let me ask you a question. Do you believe Atiku will restructure the country?

If any northerner tried restructuring the country by making each region control its resources, then the Northern region will not last for a month before it collapse. ( reference to Sanusi Lamido)
The Northerners know this, and Atiku is just playing the gullible minds mumu button. It’s a sorry case for Nigeria after all Caz we had to choose between Atiku and Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by Nobody: 6:39am On Oct 09, 2018
IamAtikulate:

Deceive yourself. They voted because they are tired. A lot of progressive yorubas would jump ship once we start signing the song of restructuring. Isn't that what they have always wanted?
don't mind the zombie, they always want to bully any Yorubas not supporting their retrogressive agenda..thats how they blackmail and use propaganda on Adeleke and we know what happened during the election.
osun state that even people hated Buhari more than Aregbe because we have felt no impact of Buhari presidency.

4 Likes

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by TundeBricklayer: 6:39am On Oct 09, 2018
Iblad0994:

We are discussing about Atiku, and yes, I never absolve Tinubu of any blame also.
So stick to the bone of contention and stop dilly dallying like a dangling rope
But you adore Tinubu, tomorrow he will be among those calling Atiku corrupt man, just like what Obasanjo is doing, my friend that's hypocrisy from you guys, even Buhari is corrupt

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by Nobody: 6:42am On Oct 09, 2018
Iblad0994:

I’ll definitely bookmark it Okoro Igbo. God will give us long life to witness the defeat of Atiku in 2019 both in Osun and Nigeria as a whole. My prayer to God is for Atiku to choose a S’Easterner as VP, so you can know what is called Yoruba politics. Let’s wait and see
zombie, a Yoruba is now okoro..ko joo MI looju rara.
Apc supporters always find it difficult to handle dissenting opinion.
if you actually believe Buhari will win osun state, then you need to wake up from your slumber.
Buhari will loose here and loose woefully too.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by Nobody: 6:45am On Oct 09, 2018
Iblad0994:

lol.. Yorubas are open minded ,that's why no candidate no matter his popularity will ever win by a landslide.
The noise on VP is overrated..Yorubas who will vote pdp don't care where VP is from.
the aim is to chase the lifeless idiott back to Daura.

5 Likes

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by Nobody: 6:49am On Oct 09, 2018
IamAtikulate:

He has no choice. A region that doesn't give block vote can't achieve much in Nigeria. Do you think Buhari would have settled for a SW Presidency in 2015, if Ndi Igbo had committed into APC like SW?

Check all Presidential contenders from the North that wants to dislodge a sitting power, their choice of VP is always from SE: Shagari, Buhari, Buhari, Atiku, Ribadu. In 2011, Shekarau wanted to run with Ogbonaya Onu but was cautioned against it because SE was already on lock down for GEJ and same year, Buhari dropped Ngige for Bakare.

Do you know why they are doing this? Because Ndi Igbo is the only region that is widely spread across the nation.
Since you know history let me reply you and tell you why the situation demands the contender to choose a S’Eastern VP.

Shagari contested against Awolowo, he had no choice than to choose a VP from the other region Caz it’s a lost cause by choosing a Yoruba VP against Awo

Buhari contested against Obasanjo in 2003, so practically he will need someone other than yourbas as VP

2007, Buhari chose okadigbo as running mate

2011, Buhari chose pastor Bakare , a Yoruba man

2015, Buhari chose Osinbajo , a Yoruba man
Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by AgentGoat: 6:49am On Oct 09, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

Lol you are politically naive. Atiku will massively deplete buhari's Northern votes while taking almost everything ffrom the SS/SE bloc votes
lol see you are funny. Atiku ll deplete Buhari votes in the north.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by Nobody: 6:51am On Oct 09, 2018
With Ngozi okonjo Iweala am okay

But ekweremmadu and abaribe....i will give my vote to Apc.
Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by Nobody: 6:52am On Oct 09, 2018
Sap0:

zombie, a Yoruba is now okoro..ko joo MI looju rara.
Apc supporters always find it difficult to handle dissenting opinion.
if you actually believe Buhari will win osun state, then you need to wake up from your slumber.
Buhari will loose here and loose woefully too.
Okay buroda, moti gba pe yooba ni e. Let’s just wait and see how feedeefee will win in SW by using an Atiku/SE ticket. Let’s just relax and see things unfold. Gracias
Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by mycar: 6:56am On Oct 09, 2018
Iblad0994:

Let me ask you a question. Do you believe Atiku will restructure the country?

If any northerner tried restructuring the country by making each region control its resources, then the Northern region will not last for a month before it collapse. ( reference to Sanusi Lamido)
The Northerners know this, and Atiku is just playing the gullible minds mumu button. It’s a sorry case for Nigeria after all Caz we had to choose between Atiku and Buhari.

The only thing I believe is that if we the electorates start voting out non preforming politicians. They will sit up and start preforming.
With all the mess in Buhari administration, if we reward him with a second term what message would we be sending to the oncoming leaders.

7 Likes

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by MahatmaGhandi: 6:57am On Oct 09, 2018
CityNGR:

Not possible. If he picks Igbo he should forget any SW vote. That's a banker. And even if he gets all southeast votes...he will still be roundly defeated... Igbos don't understand Nigerian politics... I'd rather support Osinbajo even if I dislike Buhari than support an Atiku with a Igbo VP!

Even if he picks from the south west the Yorubas will not vote Atiku. Their loyalty is with APC. All the South West elections went to the APC and it doesn't matter if it was rigged. If the APC rigs in the SS and SE you can be rest assured that they are known to defend their votes with their blood, Rivers and Bayelsa are good examples. Atiku need his VP from a region that would swim and sink with him.

8 Likes

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by IamAtikulate: 6:57am On Oct 09, 2018
Iblad0994:

Since you know history let me reply you and tell you why the situation demands the contester to choose a S’Eastern VP.
Shagari contested against Awolowo, he had no choice than to choose a VP from the other region Caz it’s a lost cause by choosing a Yoruba VP against Awo

Buhari contested against Obasanjo in 2003, so practically he will need someone other than yourbas as VP

2007, Buhari chose okadigbo as running mate

2011, Buhari chose pastor Bakare , a Yoruba man

2015, Buhari chose Osinbajo , a Yoruba man
What of Atiku, Shekarau, Ribadu? Deceive yaself. Tell me an election SW had single handedly influenced? None. In 2015, they contributed 15% to Buhari's victory while NE and MB contributed to the bulk of that victory. Fortunately, MB and NE are atikulating now.

NW,SW against NE,MB,SS,SE

11 Likes

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by IamAtikulate: 6:58am On Oct 09, 2018
MahatmaGhandi:

Even if he picks from the south west the Yorubas will not vote Atiku. Their loyalty is with APC. All the South West elections went to the APC and it doesn't matter if it was rigged. If the APC rigs in the SS and SE you can be rest assured that they are known to defend their votes with their blood, Rivers and Bayelsa are good examples. Atiku need his VP from a region that would swim and sink with him.
God bless you.

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by MahatmaGhandi: 6:58am On Oct 09, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

Winning the Nigerian presidency is not all about igbos and Yoruba's.There aare other ffour geopolitical zones at play

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by IamAtikulate: 6:59am On Oct 09, 2018
Sap0:

don't mind the zombie, they always want to bully any Yorubas not supporting their retrogressive agenda..thats how they blackmail and use propaganda on Adeleke and we know what happened during the election.
osun state that even people hated Buhari more than Aregbe because we have felt no impact of Buhari presidency.
You are patriot.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by Nobody: 6:59am On Oct 09, 2018
mycar:

The only thing I believe is that if we the electorate start voting out non preforming politicians. They will sit up and start preforming.
With all the mess in Buhari administration, if we reward him with a second term what message will you be sending to the oncoming leaders.
I got your point bro. Both Atiku and Buhari have nothing to offer us to be honest. But what I’m rooting for is that we shouldn’t try to make a mistake we made in 2015 by saying anybody but Jonathan. We should check the alternative with the greatest risk , and i’m Sorry to say sir, it’s to make the Northerners end their brain drain tenure over Nigeria in the next four years.

Then by then , we can have an Igbo or Yoruba president and at least try to forge a better path ahead for Nigeria
Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by MahatmaGhandi: 7:00am On Oct 09, 2018
Bede2u:
he is going to pick from the east already. Pls dont vote him in the west. If he win nontheless, then u can suffer a little of wat the east has suffered in the past 4 yrs.

Dont forget many core north and middle belt go vote him. Just dont forget that

Atiku is not like that, he is one of the few Nigerians that can unite Nigerians on many fronts.

6 Likes

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by Nobody: 7:01am On Oct 09, 2018
IamAtikulate:

What of Atiku, Shekarau, Ribadu? Deceive yaself. Tell me an election SW had single handedly influenced? None. In 2015, they contributed 15% to Buhari's victory while NE and MB contributed to the bulk of that victory. Fortunately, MB and NE are atikulating now.

NW,SW against NE,MB,SS,SE
I didn’t mention the rest because they are inconsequential. Even when Ojukwu contested, he got nothing more than 1.5million votes. So I’m talking about the runner up to try to streamline the argument.
Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by Nobody: 7:05am On Oct 09, 2018
Bede2u:
he is going to pick from the east already. Pls dont vote him in the west. If he win nontheless, then u can suffer a little of wat the east has suffered in the past 4 yrs.

Dont forget many core north and middle belt go vote him. Just dont forget that

He will pick from east and to precise enugu or abia states.

I think my governor Obiano. Should immediately start working for buhari second term...and from all indications he is already doing that.
Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by IamAtikulate: 7:08am On Oct 09, 2018
Iblad0994:

I didn’t mention the rest because they are inconsequential. Even when Ojukwu contested, he got nothing more than 1.5million votes. So I’m talking about the runner up to try to streamline the argument.
Whatever, we are still sending that ancestor home.

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by MahatmaGhandi: 7:09am On Oct 09, 2018
Iblad0994:

So you think Atiku is the man to save the country right. I don’t even know why we southerners are thinking this way. It’s just a common knowledge that both Buhari and Atiku are old men without any capabilities of ruling this country. Come to think of it, if we allow Atiku to become president , that means we are allowing probably 8years of irresponsible leadership from this old northern corp of leaders. Atiku is corrupt to the bone and it beats my imagination that people keep anchoring for an Atiku. It just saddens me, I think Nigeria deserves everything we get Caz we just can’t think right.

Attached is a link of the United state senate committee using Atiku corruption as a case study in the US senate.

https://www.hsgac.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/FOREIGNCORRUPTIONREPORTFINAL710.pdf

Ask yourself if this is the kind of president you want for Nigeria.

Better to have an Atiku whose corruption is still an allegation than an indifferent Buhari that is an irredeemable irredendist that has openly supported the ethnic cleansing that we see today. People know Atiku is flawed just like Obama Trump and Bush, but he is a lesser evil. Buhari wants to physically put every Nigerian that is not from the North and not a Muslim in chains and send them to plantations.

7 Likes

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by IamAtikulate: 7:10am On Oct 09, 2018
Osagyefo98:

He will pick from east and to precise enugu or abia states.

I think my governor Obiano. Should immediately start working for buhari second term...and from all indications he is already doing that.
If you think an Igbo man would work against an Igbo Vice Presidency, then you are mistaken. Even OUK would fall into formation when the time comes. Restructuring is a big bait to ignore.

6 Likes

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by Nobody: 7:11am On Oct 09, 2018
IamAtikulate:

Whatever, we are still sending that ancestor home.
Both of them are ancestors. Atiku will be 72 next year, so change the oldies method Caz it’s not gonna work anymore. Thank God no one can use the line that Buhari is old anymore Caz Atiku is old too.

I wanna go to sleep, it’s nice conversing with a sound mind like you. Gracias
Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by Yoshy: 7:13am On Oct 09, 2018
Nogodye:
No sane Yoruba will abadon their own(Osinbajo) supporting another tribe for VP...If care is nt taking Yoruba will crying like our brother from the other side claiming marginalization in Atiku government but that won't happen...PMB till 2023

I thought you Foolobas must have learnt your lessons from this misrule and misfit of a government?

Osibanjo is there and you're gaining what?

It's a pity we share the country with people like you.

4 Likes

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by IamAtikulate: 7:14am On Oct 09, 2018
Iblad0994:

I got your point bro. Both Atiku and Buhari have nothing to offer us to be honest. But what I’m rooting for is that we shouldn’t try to make a mistake we made in 2015 by saying anybody but Jonathan. We should check the alternative with the greatest risk , and i’m Sorry to say sir, it’s to make the Northerners end their brain drain tenure over Nigeria in the next four years.

Then by then , we can have an Igbo or Yoruba president and at least try to forge a better path ahead for Nigeria
Oga that story would not sell again. Osinbanjo clearly told us he is not restructuring the country and Atiku signed an agreement that he would. We are sticking with someone that have shown that commitment. This country cannot move forward without restructuring and Osinbanjo has shown us he is not the future.

We don't care how many years as long as this country would be restructured.

4 Likes

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by Nobody: 7:15am On Oct 09, 2018
Iblad0994:

So you think Atiku is the man to save the country right.
I don't see ATIKU as the Messiah..... I don't even know what to say. May God help us!

1 Like

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by Nobody: 7:15am On Oct 09, 2018
IamAtikulate:

[s]If you think an Igbo man would work against an Igbo Vice Presidency, then you are mistaken. Even OUK would fall into formation when the time comes. Restructuring is a big bait to ignore[/s].

This iss not an. Argument coz we are. Already working against each other.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Who Would You Prefer To Be Nigeria's Next President and Vice president? / Family Of 19 Herders Killed In Igbariam, Anambra - Alhaji Suleiman Yakubu / Osun Election: Voting Disrupted In Ikire (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.