Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,067 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:45 AM

Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East (34795 Views)

Atiku Shops For Campaign DG, Seeks Obasanjo’s Endorsement / Deadlock Over Governor Wike As Atiku Searches For Running Mate / 2023 Presidency: APC Weighs Options As Atiku Shops For Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by oluwasegun007(m): 9:16am On Oct 09, 2018
chiefolododo:
BUHARI WILL LOSE WHETHER ATIKU PICK VP FROM INDIA OR CHINA OR EVEN GHANA

lol
Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by kenchizzy(m): 9:16am On Oct 09, 2018
EVEN IF ATIKU CHOOSE DUNCAN MIGHTY AS VICE I GO STILL VOTE AM
Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by colestephan86: 9:16am On Oct 09, 2018
KanwuliaMama:
I thought he left it all to the party? undecided

Better to look to SE.

Forget that SW of CHAOS! kiss
They are too two-faced!

Do you see ANY BETTER YORUBA MAN IN PDP? undecided
Tinubu don white-wash dem brains and asses, they can’t see straight. cheesy
Then leave them alone, and stay focused , can you do that?
Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by VULCAN(m): 9:16am On Oct 09, 2018
Pls go ahead and support Osinbajo, the man is a spare tyre who has no authority or influence unless his boss takes his maternity leave in London 2 or 3 times a year

I know so many Igbos especially in Abuja and SW who voted for Buhari and Osinbajo because they were deceived by the Yoruba propaganda
Of APC. They voted against Jonathan yet here you are threatening as if you have 50 thousand votes in your palms.

With all the suffering in Nigeria now you are willing to cut off your nose to spite your face.

What a shame.
CityNGR:

Not possible. If he picks Igbo he should forget any SW vote. That's a banker. And even if he gets all southeast votes...he will still be roundly defeated... Igbos don't understand Nigerian politics... I'd rather support Osinbajo even if I dislike Buhari than support an Atiku with a Igbo VP!

1 Like

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by geadom: 9:16am On Oct 09, 2018
Who will the cap fit..??

Obi Ezekwesili
Ngozi Okonjiwuala
Peter Odili
Ike Ekweremmadu

1 Like

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by somito121(m): 9:17am On Oct 09, 2018
With majority of the comments here, Nigeria have a long way to go.
Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by romenna: 9:17am On Oct 09, 2018
Atiku pls consolidate on your strong hold!
An eastern VP will clear SS/SE/MD votes for Atiku,
A divide northern vote plus divided SW votes cannot see APC tru.
Give us OKONJO IWEALA, first female Nigerian VP and potential first female Nigerian President after Atiku!

5 Likes

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by teepain: 9:18am On Oct 09, 2018
IbrahimDamola:

We can't have 2 SW VP candidates from two major parties at the same.

But you have 2 Northern/Fulani Presidential candidates from 2 major parties now?

1 Like

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by Reference(m): 9:20am On Oct 09, 2018
These candidate senators, Ekeremadu and Abaribe are purebred politicians and will not add to the value of the ballot or potential government, from a governance performance point of view.

My opinion.
Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by Ugosample(m): 9:21am On Oct 09, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

Sorry dear. No single region alone can decide that.Landslide indeed
that's what people don't get
Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by bibiking7(m): 9:22am On Oct 09, 2018

See funny set of people. Igbos will call yorubas northern slaves, but if they vote in Atiku. We might have another 8 years of the north plus the 4 years already taken by Buhari. Plus the 2 years of yar adua. cheesy. Then we go back to a yoruba president again because the yoruba people will say that Jonathan wasted the slot meant for the Igbos. cheesy. Then another yoruba president might run for 8 years again. Either democracy is not right for Nigeria or Nigeria is not right for democracy. Me sef just dey confused. People don't even care about credibility, only tribe. I was alive and active when Atiku was vice, so very sorry to say but I just can't vote for him. Its my choice and I have my reasons.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by Nobody: 9:22am On Oct 09, 2018
As a Human Being, Atiku is more educated, more intelligent, more industrious and even more eloquent than Buhari. >>>>>CORRECT!

As a Northern Nigerian, Atiku is less tribalistic, less nepotistic, more tolerant of other regions and even more national than Buhari>>>>>CORRECT!

As a Politician, Atiku is more focus-driven, ready to further the discourse on Political and Economic Re-structuring of the Capitalist system and less vindictive than Buhari >>>>>CORRECT!

In terms of Friendship, the only crime against Atiku is that he disallowed OBJ from vying for Third-Term, for a democrat, this is not betrayal, he should be termed a hero for going against his Boss instead of tagging along for personal gains.

As a Muslim, Atiku is more tolerant, more embracing of other faiths and have never been read or heard waging war or making statements against other faiths.

Personally, I know that Buhari can not win Atiku in a free, fair and transparent election, but that is up for INEC headed by Buhari's cousin to decide.

But INEC and all Nigerians must remember, that when the WILL and WISH of the people are truncated, Abacha is born.

May we not impregnate our Politics with the Abacha DNA and give birth to yet another catastrophy. If Ambode can be forced to do one-term, I believe Buhari has done enough, and has done wonderful and should be made to leave the stage.

We need new hands and new brains. Buhari has done well and has done enough for Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by Nobody: 9:23am On Oct 09, 2018
TheGuyNextDoor:
Osinbajo is a good man but unfortunately some of us will abandon him because of the people he's paired with. We are talking about a Nation here not tribe. ATIKU might later disappoint too but we need a listening President. See the issues of SARS.... Osinbajo was able to fix when Buhari travelled. He didn't care.... We need to save this country. May God help us
You made the only fact based comments so far Our youths are so tribalistic illiterate and surface based no content That is to say even if Buhari is leading Nigeria into another recession I will vote him because Osinbajo is my brother Sometimes I ask blind supporters HOW MUCH ENTERED YOUR ACCOUNT
Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by CharliParker: 9:23am On Oct 09, 2018
haffaze777:

We don't want any vice from PDP abi na by force?we don't want some people who hate AFONJA to campaign for us (AFONJAs),abi u want us to betray southern unity again?
Atiku should not make that mistake of Choosing VP from South West. now look at it there is no PDP Govnor in South West, and almost SS and S East states are PDP who are supporting Atiku right from time now did he want to loose them. Even though Atiku use South West as VP or not the will or will not vote massively for him so let him go for the people that will vote massively for him.
Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by Nobody: 9:23am On Oct 09, 2018
Let's forget the state that the vice President to Atiku will come from, the best candidate for the job is Dr Ngozi okonjo Iweale, second: Mr Peter Obi.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by Princedapace(m): 9:24am On Oct 09, 2018
olawalepopoola:
If he picks from the East, Osibanjo factor will play out it the west and will be very hard for the north to vote for him cos of the political rifts between the Igbos and most part of the country

If he chooses from the west, he will still not win except Tinubu supports him. The west already has Tinubu and the current VP, there is no way he can win west over again. If he chooses west, east will use voting apathy and he will lose badly..

His best option is to find way to get up to 40% votes from west which is possible due to people like Daniel, Fayose, Saraki, etc. They can help him get up to 40% votes..

As for the north, he will share the votes there wella with Buhari. He will win some northern states. He has the backing of some northern leaders. If they don't want him to file in a VP from the east, they would have told him straight away.

His strongest regions are middle belt, south south and south east.
The south south already has the pdp chairman. The south west already has two prominent positions in the pdp as it stands..

All he needs is a way to pull the igbos to vote. Igbos can give him serious votes if he can make them to come out and vote within and outside the south east region.. Politics is calculated bro..

From history, igbos will rather not vote than to vote for APC. So when the east feel they don't have a stake in pdp anymore, what will happen is that they will vote less in number. While south west will always give Buhari 50-55% votes due to Tinubu and Osinbade factors now. No matter what Atiku does for now, he will never win south west.

He should use his campaign manager who is a yoruba man, people like Saraki, Fayose, Obansajo, etc to get at least 40-45% of the votes in the west. That is all he can ever get from west for now.

He needs the south south and south east to vote in millions for him. And if they are really interested in voting, they cab give him over 10 million votes combined together..

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by toolovely(m): 9:24am On Oct 09, 2018
i don't know why igbos are hustling for the post of vice president. a ceremonial position? they should be engaging in dialogues that will open up the zone for developments and not a position that has no influence.
Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by nduka84(m): 9:25am On Oct 09, 2018
Iblad0994:
I’m just laughing in Spanish. I want to see how the Yorubas will abandon their son Osinbajo for an Atiku/Igbo candidature.

2019 will be interesting. Haha
Hunger and hardship knows no tribe. Since osinbanjo has been there how has he helped alleviate your sufferings? And what positive impact has his economic team policies had on you and your family. Please use your vote wisely, and stop using it tribalistically

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by brown116: 9:26am On Oct 09, 2018
CROWNWEALTH019:
He should look for a viable running mate from the West, we have loads of juicy positions to give the easterners.

Truth is the VP slot or not, Atiku love the east and I don't see him neglecting us(south east and south south). We still need those west votes

Is like sarrki is on night shift, justify your 30k no time for play
Oga even do u give them the PDP president candidate they will still vote apc, so no need to waste the VP on them. this people re sell out

1 Like

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by Therealev: 9:26am On Oct 09, 2018
I'm Yoruba, and personally I do not have an issue from wherever he picks his running mate. Isnt it this same bigotry that got us here in the first place. Ethnic bigotry and political sentiments. Instead of focusing on those that can do the Job and do it effectively, we are shouting marginalization and segregation. Track records should speak for themselves, I do not think Atiku is a nepotist such as the current one, so be it Igbo, Yoruba or Hausa, as long as it's going to get the Country working, I'm good. A good Candidate would be NOJ. We wont cos of tribalism pick a wrong one. I'm with Atiku on this one. On a lighter note, imagine of the biggest transfers in football like Figo crossing to Madrid from Barca. In the same vein, Imagine Osibanjo crossing to PDP and becoming the VP, that will be huge. I dont think Yorubas really want Buhari, they are just sticking to him because of Osibanjo.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by able20(m): 9:28am On Oct 09, 2018
Naughtysite:
You made the only fact based comments so far Our youths are so tribalistic illiterate and surface based no content That is to say even if Buhari is leading Nigeria into another recession I will vote him because Osinbajo is my brother Sometimes I ask blind supporters HOW MUCH ENTERED YOUR ACCOUNT
That is how they reason, it's pathetic.
Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by Moukandjo: 9:29am On Oct 09, 2018
Funnicator:

Keep supporting your brother; while Nigeria burns and hundreds get killed as in the case of Agatu and Enugu community.

Tribalism has beclouded your sense of justice.

To you, a leader who is not security conscious can remain in power just because he is from your tribe while neglecting the one preaching state police and restructuring in the person of atiku.

After all you will call yourself a patriotic Nigerian.
Your type is keeping Nigeria from progressing.
If it were in the time of coups, you would have been taken down for the progress of the nation.

Patriotic you my foot.
So it's you who wants to return Nigeria to the originators of the killings & insecurity that's not tribalistic, ba? Do you need me to remind you where we're coming from? And has the farmer-herdsmen crises not subsided already? Has Boko Haram activities not also subsided already?
Com'on support your demonic & satanic PDP in peace just because you love them & stop giving irrational reasons to justify your choice!
Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by ridbell01(m): 9:30am On Oct 09, 2018
KanwuliaMama:
I thought he left it all to the party? undecided

Better to look to SE.

Forget that SW of CHAOS! kiss
They are too two-faced!

Do you see ANY BETTER YORUBA MAN IN PDP? undecided
Tinubu don white-wash dem brains and asses, they can’t see straight. cheesy
yes oo that why are not third class citizens like those from the yeast
Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by meccuno: 9:32am On Oct 09, 2018
Bede2u:
eat shit and die bro. Even u show me pics of atiku robbing a bank, i will still vote him
grin grin

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by Olubi15: 9:32am On Oct 09, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

Atiku is not hoping on votes only from the SS/SE.This is not GEJ.Wake up dude.He is also a Muslim and a northerner and will pull significant votes from the core north aand middle belt. most yyorubas will vote APC anyway whether a sw VP emerges or not including you and Sarrki
You're right bro.south west will vote for Apc regardless of who Pdp presents as Vp.
Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by Idrismusty97(m): 9:33am On Oct 09, 2018
Let's see what picking a running mate from a region with insignificant electoral value will result to.
Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by Moukandjo: 9:33am On Oct 09, 2018
IamAtikulate:

You know and you people are still trying to backmail PDP into giving you a ticket you didn't work for. No wonder the rest of the country see you people as Lazy.

I am glad 2019 would make us square up against the SW, at the end, we shall see who truly is the Kingmakers. We are going to utilize our spread across the nation to deal a deadly blow against the satanic NW/SW alliance.

We are certain that SS, MB wouldn't fail the NE/SE alliance.

It would be interesting.
Northeast-Southeast alliance? grin
The delusion of our IPIGs is really alarming! grin
Enjoy your delusion; it's your right!
Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by Yoighaman(m): 9:33am On Oct 09, 2018
Princedapace:

If he chooses from the west, he will still not win except Tinubu supports him. The west already has Tinubu and the current VP, there is no way he can win west over again. If he chooses west, east will use voting apathy and he will lose badly..

His best option is to find way to get up to 40% votes from west which is possible due to people like Daniel, Fayose, Saraki, etc. They can help him get up to 40% votes..

As for the north, he will share the votes there wella with Buhari. He will win some northern states. He has the backing of some northern leaders. If they don't want him to file in a VP from the east, they would have told him straight away.

The south south already has the pdp chairman. The south west already has two prominent positions in the pdp as it stands..

All he needs is a way to pull the igbos to vote. Igbos can give him serious votes if he can make them to come out and vote within and outside the south east region.. Politics is calculated bro..

From history, igbos will rather not vote than to vote for APC. So when the east feel they don't have a stake in pdp anymore, what will happen is that they will vote less in number. While south west will always give Buhari 50-55% votes due to Tinubu and Osinbade factors now. No matter what Atiku does for now, he will never win south west.

He should use his campaign manager who is a yoruba man, people like Saraki, Fayose, Obansajo, etc to get at least 40-45% of the votes in the west. That is all he can ever get from west for now.

He needs the south south and south east to vote in millions for him. And if they are really interested in voting, they cab give him over 10 million votes combined together..

You are a genius.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by sogodihno: 9:34am On Oct 09, 2018
ATIKU want to commit political suicide, North west and south west will finish him. South west Media will finish him.
Re: Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East by sangresan(m): 9:34am On Oct 09, 2018
Princedapace:

You are one of the misinformed fellas here...Saraki has no influence in the SW...In fact, he will be battling to retain his Kwara as at that time because Kwara South and North are already slipping through his grip...

If election is free and fair, PDP will really garner votes from the SW...But I m telling you, lots of PDP supporters won't even be allowed to vote. Mark it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Atiku Abubakar Aba Town Hall Meeting (Photos) / Osun Election: Voting Disrupted In Ikire (Photos) / DSS Arrests Mohammed Usman In Lokoja (pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.