Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,044 members, 7,845,409 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

Probe Of Rights Abuses In Nigeria Ends Soon, Says ICC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Probe Of Rights Abuses In Nigeria Ends Soon, Says ICC (519 Views)

2023 Presidency: Decision Will Be Made Known Soon, Says Wike / SIM Suit: Hanan Buhari Shuns Anthony Okolie's Allegations Of Rights Abuse / Server Controversy: I Will Open Up Soon, Says INEC Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Probe Of Rights Abuses In Nigeria Ends Soon, Says ICC by akelicious(m): 4:38am On Oct 10, 2018
The International Criminal Court (ICC) has said its investigation of human rights violation in Nigeria would end soon.

It stated that investigators would in no time submit their findings on the inquiries initiated against the country over alleged gross abuse of citizens’ rights.

ICC prosecutor, Dr Fatou Bensouda, made the disclosure yesterday during a conversation with the Executive Director of the International Bar Association (IBA), Mark Ellis, at the ongoing yearly conference of the lawyers’ body in Rome, Italy.

A former Attorney General and Minister of Justice of The Gambia, Bensouda said her team of investigators was going underground on preliminary examination of the Nigerian situation.

She said: “My team is going underground on preliminary examination collecting information, talking with government officials and others and not just the authorities themselves. The preliminary examination in Nigeria has advanced a lot.

It is moving and progressing very well. Hopefully, very soon, we will come to the final determination of that investigation.”

https://www.akelicious.net/2018/10/probe-of-rights-abuses-in-nigeria-ends.html

Re: Probe Of Rights Abuses In Nigeria Ends Soon, Says ICC by HungerBAD: 4:49am On Oct 10, 2018
Interesting.

We await the results of your findings.

I hope you guys have also visited the killing fields of South Africa?where killings of Nigerians and also the abuse of their human rights have become a favourite play thing of South Africans?

I am not into the business of insulting people on Nairaland,as I do believe we all can have intellectual discuss without being childish with the insults and name callings.

Now to the writer below.

I want you to take your time,and either Google the definition of human rights violations or search for it in a dictionary. And then come back and explain to me how this is an Igbo thing.

That the Government refused to divide the Country is now termed human rights violation?

The Victim card the igbo's keep playing has not worked and will not work with people that have common sense,and that includes a lot of educated and enlightened igbo's.

The primary duty of any Government is to protect its Citizenry,and that is why when a group of people all of a sudden think they can force a country to kowtow to their whims and caprices, because they want the country broken up, is not going to work.

Where are the innocent Igbo people that were abused?aside those aligned to either Massob or Ipob?remember there is a video of the IPOB leader promising to burn Nigeria down.

In saner climes,he will be considered an enemy combatant.

And the hundreds if not thousands that got that properties and sources of livelihood burnt in Port-Harcout last year, for refusing to join IPOB in protest, did not suffer human rights violations from IPOB too?

If the ICC is in Nigeria because of the fake victim cry of IPOB, it only means they have no job and are very unserious.

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Probe Of Rights Abuses In Nigeria Ends Soon, Says ICC by IPOBrep: 5:07am On Oct 10, 2018
HungerBAD:
Interesting.

I hope you guys have also visited the killing fields of South Africa?where killings of Nigerians and also the abuse of their human rights have become a favourite play thing of South Africans?

You are indirectly challenging ICC for looking into killings of Igbo's in Nigeria because they have not challenged the killings of them in south Africa.

When will you have sense

When will you challenge your government for their inability to even talk boldly on the matter .

When will you stop supporting rubbish because of 30k

Hunger is truly bad

4 Likes

Re: Probe Of Rights Abuses In Nigeria Ends Soon, Says ICC by chicoMX(m): 5:15am On Oct 10, 2018
IPOBrep:

You are indirectly challenging ICC for looking into killings of Igbo's in Nigeria because they have not challenged the killings of them in south Africa.

When will you have sense

When will you challenge your government for their inability to even talk boldly on the matter .

Hunger is truly bad

Hunger.Bad comment just weak me..

2 Likes

Re: Probe Of Rights Abuses In Nigeria Ends Soon, Says ICC by NNAMDIII(m): 5:26am On Oct 10, 2018
IPOBrep:

When will you have sense

Hunger is truly bad
Oh you think APC govt is paying hungerbad?

Someone that has given nairalanders up to 300k here. Well i don't see anything wrong with his comment
Re: Probe Of Rights Abuses In Nigeria Ends Soon, Says ICC by goodnessme1(f): 5:36am On Oct 10, 2018
watch how my muslim brothers will rush here to defend nigeria,even hausafulani do not defend nigeria the way they do.

I dont know if is their hatred against ibos that makes them not to reason well these days.
Re: Probe Of Rights Abuses In Nigeria Ends Soon, Says ICC by HungerBAD: 5:57am On Oct 10, 2018
NNAMDIII:

Someone that has given nairalanders up to 300k here. Well i don't see anything wrong with his comment

It is not even about that.

2 Likes

Re: Probe Of Rights Abuses In Nigeria Ends Soon, Says ICC by HungerBAD: 6:00am On Oct 10, 2018
NNAMDIII:

I have gone past the stage of getting worried, if I am termed a 30k monthly salary earner.

I have no problem if the Eastern part of Nigeria wants to go their ways. But it should not be in a violent way.

There are ways they can do that. They have lawmakers that can kick start it.

A referendum should be called In the East,and if they say yes. All the lawmakers need to do, is introduce it to the floor of both chambers.

I don't know how a sane person can expect the Federal Government to call them after one of their protests,and say okay we are ready to break Nigeria up.

Go through your lawmakers. It is the elite or those benefiting from Nigeria in the East that is the problem. Hold your lawmakers accountable,instead of blaming your imaginary enemies.

If the Eastern lawmakers are held. The Biafra a lot of them want will be achieved.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Probe Of Rights Abuses In Nigeria Ends Soon, Says ICC by IPOBrep: 10:08am On Oct 10, 2018
HungerBAD:

I have gone past the stage of getting worried, if I am termed a 30k monthly salary earner.

I have no problem if the Eastern part of Nigeria wants to go their ways. But it should not be in a violent way.

There are ways they can do that. They have lawmakers that can kick start it.

A referendum should be called In the East,and if they say yes. All the lawmakers need to do, is introduce it to the floor of both chambers.

I don't know how a sane person can expect the Federal Government to call them after one of their protests,and say okay we are ready to break Nigeria up.

Go through your lawmakers. It is the elite or those benefiting from Nigeria in the East that is the problem. Hold your lawmakers accountable,instead of blaming your imaginary enemies.

If the Eastern lawmakers are held. The Biafra a lot of them want will be achieved.

nigga spare me this crap pls.

A call for referendum is not a call for war so it is a crime to raise arms against harmless protesters.
There is no record of violence in all of IPOB protest around the world except in Nigeria.

the trump solidarity rally was a mere call for support and assistance from the US president.

the shooting in high school aba were IPOB members where praying was caused by what. that is also a breach of public peace.

the invasion of afara ukwu was also necessitated by what.

The hatred for the igbos is evident in the fact that el-zazky followers are destroying government properties and attacking her officers but are not shot at while the IPOB who sing and walk peacefully are those been shot at with reckless abandon.

The understandable fact is that Yoruba and Hausa don't cheer on the Nigerian army when they are brutalizing any other tribe but the igbos.

the threads are countless on nairaland.

the posters and commentators are innumerable
Re: Probe Of Rights Abuses In Nigeria Ends Soon, Says ICC by Arda1000(m): 10:49am On Oct 10, 2018
HungerBAD:
Interesting.

I am not into the business of insulting people on Nairaland,as I do believe we all can have intellectual discuss without being childish with the insults and name callings.

Now to the writer below.

I want you to take your time,and either Google the definition of human rights violations or search for it in a dictionary. And then come back and explain to me how this is an Igbo thing.

That the Government refused to divide the Country is now termed human rights violation?

The Victim card the igbo's keep playing has not worked and will not work with people that have common sense,and that includes a lot of educated and enlightened igbo's.

The primary duty of any Government is to protect its Citizenry,and that is why when a group of people all of a sudden think they can force a country to kowtow to their whims and caprices, because they want the country broken up, is not going to work.

Where are the innocent Igbo people that were abused?aside those aligned to either Massob or Ipob?remember there is a video of the IPOB leader promising to burn Nigeria down.

In saner climes,he will be considered an enemy combatant.

And the hundreds if not thousands that got that properties and sources of livelihood burnt in Port-Harcout last year, for refusing to join IPOB in protest, did not suffer human rights violations from IPOB too?

If the ICC is in Nigeria because of the fake victim cry of IPOB, it only means they have no job and are very unserious.

Re: Probe Of Rights Abuses In Nigeria Ends Soon, Says ICC by FarahAideed: 10:52am On Oct 10, 2018
NNAMDIII:

So because he gave 300k here they are not paying him ? My friend that guy obtaining from the Buhari govt one way
Re: Probe Of Rights Abuses In Nigeria Ends Soon, Says ICC by Arda1000(m): 10:55am On Oct 10, 2018
Hungerbad i thought ure a learned person,all those shiite members killed and buried in different mass graves are they ipob members?,fulani xman having killing bunue people what has the government it? Instead they dancing python in the east,and ure indirectly saying massob and ipob are terrorist groups,do u know the meaning of terrorist group?
Re: Probe Of Rights Abuses In Nigeria Ends Soon, Says ICC by IPOBrep: 11:00am On Oct 10, 2018
FarahAideed:

So because he gave 300k here they are not paying him ? My friend that guy obtaining from the Buhari govt one way

the money is often given to them to share in other to curry attention from the uninformed on this and other forum. they use different monikers for it. almost all those who do this money sharing are sai barbarians

1 Like

Re: Probe Of Rights Abuses In Nigeria Ends Soon, Says ICC by alizma: 11:01am On Oct 10, 2018
IS LIKE ICC IS ALSO CONTESTING FOR THIS 2019 ELECTION BECAUSE EVERY PROMISE IS NOW TAGGED ELECTION PROMISES.
Re: Probe Of Rights Abuses In Nigeria Ends Soon, Says ICC by mabea: 11:06am On Oct 10, 2018
@ Hungerbad, you are acqually implying that it is a crime to ask for an independent country as such anyone caught doing so should be killed. Well i wonder the kind of nigeria you want to build.

(1) (Reply)

Sen Makarfi Breaks Down In Tears Over Death Of Tony Anenih. / Popular US Company Bloomberg Tips Buhari For Second-term / Breaking: Ganduje Is A Saint, Let's Emulate Him - Buharii

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.