Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,276 members, 7,811,804 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:04 PM

2023 Presidency: Decision Will Be Made Known Soon, Says Wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Presidency: Decision Will Be Made Known Soon, Says Wike (23091 Views)

Same Amadi: Adeleke's Appeal Of Tribunal's Decision Will Fail / Fayose's Decision Will Shock Some People / Server Controversy: I Will Open Up Soon, Says INEC Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023 Presidency: Decision Will Be Made Known Soon, Says Wike by Chinonye2022(m): 5:18pm On Nov 29, 2022
Governor Nyesom Wike says the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Rivers state will make known soon its choice for the upcoming 2023 presidential election.

The governor made this known on Tuesday when he commissioned the Rukpokwu-Igwuruta Link Road in the Obio-Akpor Local Government Area of the state.

Wike urged the people of the state to vote in the candidates of the PDP for the governorship, National Assembly and state House of Assembly seats.

He, however, told the people that the decision on the candidate the state will support for February 25, 2023, presidential election will be made known after deliberations.

“Will you vote our governor? Will you vote for our Senatorial candidate? Will you vote for House of Representatives candidates? Will you vote House of Assembly candidate?” Wike asked a large number of supporters who chanted “Yes”.

Then the other one, I will come and tell you where you will vote. All I will tell you, is don’t worry, calm down, these ones that I mentioned, make sure you vote them. Very soon, we will meet and take a decision on where we are going,” he added.

Wike, a PDP governor, not on good terms with his party’s presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar, had promised logistics support for the campaigns of the presidential candidate of the Labour Party (LP), Peter Obi; and his New Nigeria People’s Party (NNPP) counterpart, Rabiu Kwankwaso who recently commissioned projects in Rivers.
Last week, Governor Dave Umahi of Ebonyi State and an ally of All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential candidate, Bola Tinubu told Wike that the former Lagos governor does not need logistics support but the votes of the people of Rivers.

With the 2023 presidential poll about three months, there are fears that the intra-party squabbles between Wike and Atiku over the chairmanship of Iyorchia Ayu would affect the chances of the Adamawa-born politician at the polls next February.
Wike and four other PDP governors known as the G5 or the Integrity Group want Benue-born Ayu to step down for a southerner over what they called the dominance of the north within the party.

While Wike and his allies have not campaigned for Atiku, it is not clear whether they will support any of the other frontline candidates including Obi, Kwankwaso or Tinubu.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.channelstv.com/2022/11/29/2023-presidency-decision-will-be-made-known-soon-says-wike/amp/&ved=2ahUKEwiumPfG49P7AhUTPOwKHQWyA_QQ0PADKAB6BAgLEAE&usg=AOvVaw2HEBId0D11J3TXir-ax4Ad

9 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Decision Will Be Made Known Soon, Says Wike by Chinonye2022(m): 5:19pm On Nov 29, 2022
People that will vote for Atiku wil vote for Atiku people that wil vote for Obi wil vote for Obi people that wil vote for Tinubu wil vote for Tinubu nothing will ever change their minds

100 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: Decision Will Be Made Known Soon, Says Wike by GboyegaD(m): 5:21pm On Nov 29, 2022
The level of anti-party activities in our politics is alarming. He should keep mute on his choice for presidency since he cannot work for his party.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: Decision Will Be Made Known Soon, Says Wike by lhordspy: 5:27pm On Nov 29, 2022
Lol. Please delay it as long as you can.

Afterall your newly found political fame and spotlight comes just once maybe in a century. Enjoy it while it last.

78 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: Decision Will Be Made Known Soon, Says Wike by lifeandjoy: 5:27pm On Nov 29, 2022
I see Wike not supporting Atiku.
I see the G5 governor's coming together to make sure Obi is elected president.
I see Nigeria becoming a prosperous nation after Peter Obi's inguration.
All these I have seen.

alimiadedayo1:

no matter how you are deceived by your delusion just know that Peter obi can never become the president of this country

Pain. Heart aches grin

84 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: Decision Will Be Made Known Soon, Says Wike by sofeo(m): 5:27pm On Nov 29, 2022
Ok.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Decision Will Be Made Known Soon, Says Wike by horlabiyi(m): 5:28pm On Nov 29, 2022
I don’t have anything to say. Passing the microphone to the person below me. Thank you

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Decision Will Be Made Known Soon, Says Wike by ganisucks(f): 5:28pm On Nov 29, 2022
Babachir released his mind blowing salvo last week

Wike will soon release his own

Northern elders forum will drop theirs also

By January everyone will know that Baba Lagos is OYO

This is what you call structural politics, not gathering governors into bus like kindergarten to sing Mary had a little lamb and making noise.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Decision Will Be Made Known Soon, Says Wike by Angelfrost(m): 5:28pm On Nov 29, 2022
This clown is being given way too much credit and attention!

I'm actually beginning to believe that Dubai rogue might actually have something to hide... Something terrible that Wike is privy to.

9 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Decision Will Be Made Known Soon, Says Wike by mytime24(f): 5:28pm On Nov 29, 2022
Ur gragra too much

Better b obidient

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Decision Will Be Made Known Soon, Says Wike by kennyz247(m): 5:28pm On Nov 29, 2022
ur decision make no difference again oga wike...
Sai Atiku
I so much love the level of maturity played by Atiku on this issue....

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: Decision Will Be Made Known Soon, Says Wike by tesppidd: 5:28pm On Nov 29, 2022
Only one thing could have avoided all these tantrums from this attention seeking governor..

"Atiku choosing Wike as his running mate."

The man lost all of his selfish and personal battles and became a crusader overnight for the rights of Southern Nigeria.

Thank goodness I am not one of those idiotic Nigerians whom this man always fools with his propaganda..

73 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Decision Will Be Made Known Soon, Says Wike by SmartyPants(m): 5:29pm On Nov 29, 2022
Chinonye2022:
People that will vote for Atiku wil vote for Atiku people that wil vote for Obi wil vote for Obi people that wil vote for Tinubu wil vote for Tinubu nothing will ever change their minds

Which is why i always marvel at the social media aggressiveness.

It should be known by now that anyone who has not decided by now, probably has no voters card.

The lines are set. Its just to ginger your group to come out on election day.

6 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Decision Will Be Made Known Soon, Says Wike by crossfm: 5:29pm On Nov 29, 2022
Hehehe .

Wike the strong man.

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Decision Will Be Made Known Soon, Says Wike by Jugangaspesh(m): 5:29pm On Nov 29, 2022
Which decision again?

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Decision Will Be Made Known Soon, Says Wike by Honourable1901(m): 5:29pm On Nov 29, 2022
Re: 2023 Presidency: Decision Will Be Made Known Soon, Says Wike by uncleck: 5:29pm On Nov 29, 2022
Advise to Wike:

Power is fluid. It's your turn to flex it. You're the most powerful and popular politician in Nigeria today. You are more powerful than even your party. Use this brief opportunity wisely.

I commend you for using this your unlimited power to build bridges so far, so whoever emerges the president next year, all things being equal, you're safe. (Atiku is out of the context currently unless Kwankwaso decide to step down for him; that won't still bring him to the first two anyways).

But whatever you do, remembered that power is transient. Remember Fayose. Remember Rochas. While you pursue your right, do not despise any of Atiku's men because tomorrow get belle

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Decision Will Be Made Known Soon, Says Wike by CalabarPikin: 5:29pm On Nov 29, 2022
This man sef

I'll support all your moves.

But that uniform u and your team wear is support childish and nonsensical...

Like wtf
Re: 2023 Presidency: Decision Will Be Made Known Soon, Says Wike by Honourable1901(m): 5:30pm On Nov 29, 2022
Chinonye2022:

You have sense... Mama nkechi pls serve him 2 hero beer and nkwobi.. bills on me

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Decision Will Be Made Known Soon, Says Wike by Moh247: 5:30pm On Nov 29, 2022
Commissioning no dey end for Rivers State

What did other SS governors do with 13% derivatives

64 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Decision Will Be Made Known Soon, Says Wike by DrAkpamudehe: 5:31pm On Nov 29, 2022
Angelfrost:
This clown is being given way too much credit and attention!

I'm actually beginning to believe that Dubai rogue might actually have something to hide... Something terrible that Wike is privy to.

Your father is the rogue here, kiddo.
You riff-raffs just hide behind your techno phones to type rubbish.
Can you tie the shoe lace of Atiku's cook? No

3 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Decision Will Be Made Known Soon, Says Wike by TyyT22(m): 5:32pm On Nov 29, 2022
Wike the Lion King
Re: 2023 Presidency: Decision Will Be Made Known Soon, Says Wike by ganisucks(f): 5:32pm On Nov 29, 2022
Moh247:
Commissioning no dey end for Rivers State

What did other SS governors do with 13% derivatives
Get ready. You're about to write a long epistle of HATE against Wike.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Decision Will Be Made Known Soon, Says Wike by EmmyDJourno: 5:32pm On Nov 29, 2022
We are already Obidient in the SE and SS
Wike should just continue destabilizing the clown called Atiku who wants to sell NNPC
In 2023 we retire these fools and deradicalize the Urchins that support them
Re: 2023 Presidency: Decision Will Be Made Known Soon, Says Wike by temitope27(m): 5:32pm On Nov 29, 2022
JAGABAN IS WINNING RIVERS FOR SURE

4 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Decision Will Be Made Known Soon, Says Wike by Antoeni(m): 5:32pm On Nov 29, 2022
if Anything Happens to Atiku Health Wise ,
Gov Wike Should be Held Responsible, He Has Caused Atiku A lot of Psychological / Mental Torture & Torment,
But " Agreement Is Agreement "
Re: 2023 Presidency: Decision Will Be Made Known Soon, Says Wike by Angelfrost(m): 5:33pm On Nov 29, 2022
DrAkpamudehe:

Your father is the rogue here, kiddo

Speak for your father sir, and if he is Atiku, then I pity you already!

Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Decision Will Be Made Known Soon, Says Wike by Bluntguy: 5:33pm On Nov 29, 2022
lifeandjoy:
All these I have seen.
You see well.
God bless you

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Decision Will Be Made Known Soon, Says Wike by ipobarecriminals: 5:33pm On Nov 29, 2022
lipsrsealed
Re: 2023 Presidency: Decision Will Be Made Known Soon, Says Wike by Crusadee: 5:33pm On Nov 29, 2022
That's the beauty of democracy! Wherever there's no justice and you feel shortchanged in anyway antiparty is allowed, if they are not ok with it they should sack you from the party
Re: 2023 Presidency: Decision Will Be Made Known Soon, Says Wike by Moh247: 5:34pm On Nov 29, 2022
ganisucks:

Get ready. You're about to write a long epistle of HATE against Wike.

Barrister Nyemsome Wike OON is free to support anyone as long as Rivers people don't vote PDP or Alhaji Mikano then I am happy

59 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Decision Will Be Made Known Soon, Says Wike by lordm(m): 5:34pm On Nov 29, 2022
lifeandjoy:
All these I have seen.
you never see anything

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abacha Loot: 2 Nigerian Lawyers To Earn N6bn From Recovery Of $321m / President Buhari Receives Leaders Of Ogoniland At State House Abuja (Photos) / Peter Obi: Factions In Labor Party Leadership Threaten Presidential Ambition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.