Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

NASS Crisis: I Don’t Have Anything To Do With Saraki’s Removal – Senator Lawan M - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NASS Crisis: I Don’t Have Anything To Do With Saraki’s Removal – Senator Lawan M (808 Views)

Wike: My Grouse With Saraki, Tambuwal, Other Northern PDP Presidential Aspirants / More on how Daura Plotted With Saraki To Embarrass The Buhari Presidency - SR / I can’t work with Saraki – Kwara State PDP chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NASS Crisis: I Don’t Have Anything To Do With Saraki’s Removal – Senator Lawan M by 10Ebisco: 7:57am On Oct 10, 2018
The Senate Majority Leader, Senator Ahmad Lawan, (APC) has made a u-turn in his threat to remove Senate President, Bukola Saraki from office.

Lawan had told the leadership of the All Progressives Congress, APC, and President Muhammadu Buhari, that the party’s senate caucus will impeach Saraki, and “force through a lot of things” when lawmakers reconvene on Tuesday.

Asked to explain the threats, the Leader told Punch that he only wanted the President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration to succeed.

He said he wanted the bills and pressing national issues before the Senate to be attended to and did not want a government he is part of to fail.

The Yobe born politician added, “I want to assume that every one of us will be responsive and responsible to see the need and necessity of considering those issues.

“But if the leadership refuses, then we will have to take every measure to ensure that we pass them.

“We cannot see the reason why we cannot consider them. Anybody who says we can’t, we have every right to say it is possible.”

The lawmaker declined to respond to a question on whether the pro-Buhari senators were still bent on removing change in the Senate.

“No, I don’t have anything to do with that. I want my government to succeed; I want President Muhammadu Buhari to succeed,” he said.

When reminded of the earlier calls for Saraki’s removal as Senate President, Lawan said, “I know but I don’t want to answer questions if I feel that I am not… What is crucial to me is the success of this administration.”

https://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/10/nass-crisis-i-dont-have-anything-to-do.html

2 Likes

Re: NASS Crisis: I Don’t Have Anything To Do With Saraki’s Removal – Senator Lawan M by shutto: 7:59am On Oct 10, 2018
Okay
Re: NASS Crisis: I Don’t Have Anything To Do With Saraki’s Removal – Senator Lawan M by StRichard(m): 7:59am On Oct 10, 2018
Hmmm
Re: NASS Crisis: I Don’t Have Anything To Do With Saraki’s Removal – Senator Lawan M by GBAREN: 8:00am On Oct 10, 2018
You must feel like, you and your party Chairman would not let one sleep because of saraki, now he has come, you guys have gone into hiding, you all should start looking for something else to do because you all are not coming back.

1 Like

Re: NASS Crisis: I Don’t Have Anything To Do With Saraki’s Removal – Senator Lawan M by Racoon(m): 8:01am On Oct 10, 2018
Senate Majority Leader, Ahmed Lawan, has revealed to the leadership of the All Progressives Congress (APC), and President Muhammadu Buhari, how the senate caucus will impeach Senate President, Bukola Saraki as soon as the senate resumes.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www./2018/10/08/senate-leader-ahmed-lawan-reveals-how-saraki-will-be-removed-as-senate-president/amp/
...See hypocrites them? After them & their party chairman have been barking like rabid dogs?
Re: NASS Crisis: I Don’t Have Anything To Do With Saraki’s Removal – Senator Lawan M by Nbote(m): 8:01am On Oct 10, 2018
Hahahahaha... Dis about turn is epic... Where's midolian and their gang of imbes? Something jus happened right now

1 Like

Re: NASS Crisis: I Don’t Have Anything To Do With Saraki’s Removal – Senator Lawan M by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 8:04am On Oct 10, 2018
Nbote:
Hahahahaha... Dis about turn is epic... Where's midolian and their gang of imbes? Something jus happened right now
He's on shift grin

1 Like

Re: NASS Crisis: I Don’t Have Anything To Do With Saraki’s Removal – Senator Lawan M by ozento: 8:05am On Oct 10, 2018
the fear of saraki is the begining of wisdom to apc senators.
Re: NASS Crisis: I Don’t Have Anything To Do With Saraki’s Removal – Senator Lawan M by slivertongue: 8:05am On Oct 10, 2018
Saraki's name is d beginning of political wisdom for members and supporters of APC
Re: NASS Crisis: I Don’t Have Anything To Do With Saraki’s Removal – Senator Lawan M by omokab: 8:09am On Oct 10, 2018
Many of those that shout on social media don't understand politics at all. Saraki had a meeting with leaders before coming to sit and address the senate members which he might have agree to work with the executive and forget the past after he has lost out at the pdp presidential primary election. So as lawan group to make sure that buari succeed base on the remaining period of his government because of election coming nearer. The best thing for them now is to corporate and work together.

1 Like

Re: NASS Crisis: I Don’t Have Anything To Do With Saraki’s Removal – Senator Lawan M by Nemesis001: 8:12am On Oct 10, 2018
Zombies and that dwarf called Oshiomole are currently in pains. grin
Re: NASS Crisis: I Don’t Have Anything To Do With Saraki’s Removal – Senator Lawan M by Kingosytex(m): 8:21am On Oct 10, 2018
senator lawan, i can assure you that you and 50 of your type cannot remove saraki

saraki always plans ahead, that man is a genius
Re: NASS Crisis: I Don’t Have Anything To Do With Saraki’s Removal – Senator Lawan M by yanabasee(m): 8:30am On Oct 10, 2018
After much efforts to release another propaganda..... They failed... Went back to the drawing board just to come with with a U-turn statement....

APC must go!!!
Re: NASS Crisis: I Don’t Have Anything To Do With Saraki’s Removal – Senator Lawan M by temptnow: 8:51am On Oct 10, 2018
OshoOmoAle just look more stupid

(1) (Reply)

Dave Umahi And His People Should Serve The Caliphate But They Should Leave OBI / 2019: What’ll Happen To Religious Leaders Involving In Partisan Politics – Buhar / Breaking: Proscription And Ban Of Ohaneze Ndi Igbo Still Stands ~ Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.