Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,078 members, 7,811,020 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:53 PM

Wike: My Grouse With Saraki, Tambuwal, Other Northern PDP Presidential Aspirants - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike: My Grouse With Saraki, Tambuwal, Other Northern PDP Presidential Aspirants (17109 Views)

More on how Daura Plotted With Saraki To Embarrass The Buhari Presidency - SR / I can’t work with Saraki – Kwara State PDP chairman / Faces Of Politicians That Met With Saraki In Kwara State (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike: My Grouse With Saraki, Tambuwal, Other Northern PDP Presidential Aspirants by Loveurneighbour: 8:25am On May 03, 2022
Governor of Rivers State, Nyesom Wike, on Monday, disclosed his grouse with former President of the Senate, Bukola Saraki; and Governor of Sokoto State, Aminu Tambuwal, over zoning of the presidency to the South ahead of the 2023 general elections.

Wike said he had always supported presidential aspirants from the North, wondering why those he supported in the 2019 elections are now aspiring to be president in 2023.

He stated this while appearing on Politics Today, a current affairs programme on Channels Television, monitored from Abuja on Monday.

Wike claimed to have supported Tambuwal to become Speaker of the House of Representatives and Saraki to become Senate President against all odds.

The governor also noted that only Governor Samuel Ortom of Benue State had personally expressed his support for his presidential bid.

When asked about his relationship with Saraki, Tambuwal and other governors on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party, Wike stated that the problem he had with Nigerians was that “people don’t want to tell the truth and I feel so bad.”

Wike said, “There is nobody today contesting for president of this country from the North that I did not have a relationship with or that I did not support. There are nine of them who have not come to me to say, ‘Wike, with you, I think I will have my way.’ And I always told them, ‘I agree, but what is on the ground; what is on the table?’

“If you ask most of my friends, the problem I have with friendship is that if we agree on something, let’s keep to it. If there is any reason why that shouldn’t be done, I should be notified.”

He added, “I will tell you one. Sadly, it is with one very intelligent young man Nigerians listen to – Bukola Saraki with all due respect. I was one of those who made sure he became a Senate President. He was in APC. I tweeted and spoke about his intelligence. Whether you hate him or you don’t like him, this young man is intelligent. Why would you not allow such a person to be at the helms of affairs? I never hid my feelings.

“My brother and friend, Tambuwal, when he wanted to be Speaker, the government and the PDP didn’t want him to be the Speaker. I was one of those who said no, we shouldn’t do that. I came out and said he should be Speaker. Even when he wanted to be president, I was one of those who said he was a vibrant young man and it didn’t matter; that we should not do it by age. People were fighting me all over…in the South, in the West, in the North, in the East. They all fought me. ‘Why are you bringing Tambuwal?” I said it was not about me bringing Tambuwal. I said I had found somebody that I thought had all it takes to lead.”

Wike stated that he had no apology to anybody for previously supporting Tambuwal and Saraki.

The governor stressed that he did not support the presidential bid of a former Vice-President, Atiku Abubakar. Still, when Tambuwal lost to Abubakar at the primary, he gave all his support to the ex-VP.

Wike confirmed on the national TV programme, “I want to challenge anybody, any governor, any person in this party who would say they gave Atiku the support I gave. In fact, I can tell you that in the South-South, it was only in my state that APC never got 25 per cent (votes). Atiku knows that I came all out and supported him,” he added.

According to Wike, there was a gentleman’s agreement that power should remain in the North while it is shifted to the South in 2023.

https://punchng.com/my-grouse-with-saraki-tambuwal-other-northern-pdp-presidential-aspirants-wike/

11 Likes

Re: Wike: My Grouse With Saraki, Tambuwal, Other Northern PDP Presidential Aspirants by Frigga13: 8:29am On May 03, 2022
Wike is a noise maker and a rabble rouser

Nobody takes him serious

48 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Wike: My Grouse With Saraki, Tambuwal, Other Northern PDP Presidential Aspirants by Parachoko: 8:30am On May 03, 2022
Issokay

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: My Grouse With Saraki, Tambuwal, Other Northern PDP Presidential Aspirants by Aonkuuse(m): 8:30am On May 03, 2022
Wike!
Re: Wike: My Grouse With Saraki, Tambuwal, Other Northern PDP Presidential Aspirants by Segunaja: 8:30am On May 03, 2022
I like wike for his boldness alone

He can't easily be override

Please, we will Design a professional Logo for your Business for 2k Only

Drop Us Your Company Name
Here

https://fs3.formsite.com/vNtlgg/yckxe8eomi/index.html

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: My Grouse With Saraki, Tambuwal, Other Northern PDP Presidential Aspirants by helinues: 8:31am On May 03, 2022
Continue having grudges with everyone... An Intolerant Wike

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike: My Grouse With Saraki, Tambuwal, Other Northern PDP Presidential Aspirants by God1000(m): 8:31am On May 03, 2022
Wike doesn't have democratic credentials

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike: My Grouse With Saraki, Tambuwal, Other Northern PDP Presidential Aspirants by Felimax(m): 8:44am On May 03, 2022
Sadly sir, this is not a country and until the South/South recognize where they are coming from and where they want to get to we will continue to eat leftovers from what actually is supposed to be ours.

We are failing, yes we are failing sir.
The hopes of our children yet unborn is almost totally dashed away, unless, untill something is drastically done.

Sadly sir, no one will see reasons with you they will not even read.

Obviously sir, Nigeria has expired!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: My Grouse With Saraki, Tambuwal, Other Northern PDP Presidential Aspirants by liftedud(m): 8:59am On May 03, 2022
Seriously I know wike will be a good president that can't be ruled by the cabal, but the truth is, will he be given the chance to rule, no is the answer

Wike will not even win against PYO not to talk of BAT.

But what I will tell him Wike is that all of Una na de same betrayal Una be

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike: My Grouse With Saraki, Tambuwal, Other Northern PDP Presidential Aspirants by rayvelez(m): 9:11am On May 03, 2022
Emperor wike given them hot hot, party primary will be fun.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: My Grouse With Saraki, Tambuwal, Other Northern PDP Presidential Aspirants by duro4chang(m): 10:32am On May 03, 2022
This is good for Dem -all- crazy ��
They should continue.
Re: Wike: My Grouse With Saraki, Tambuwal, Other Northern PDP Presidential Aspirants by EggonBoy(m): 12:17pm On May 03, 2022
One thing Wike failed to understand is that, nobody want to be his house boy.
You can't talk to your colleagues as if u are bigger than them and expect them to keep mute.

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Wike: My Grouse With Saraki, Tambuwal, Other Northern PDP Presidential Aspirants by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:18pm On May 03, 2022
Saraki still dey breathe for Nigeria political space ?!

11 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Wike: My Grouse With Saraki, Tambuwal, Other Northern PDP Presidential Aspirants by DropsMic(m): 12:18pm On May 03, 2022
Nobody dey talk about ASUU again. Now na 2023 election everybody dey talk about. We gon be alright

3 Likes

Re: Wike: My Grouse With Saraki, Tambuwal, Other Northern PDP Presidential Aspirants by Anitatunde(f): 12:18pm On May 03, 2022
How BVN can be used to steal money from your bank accounts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFJcndxUln0
Re: Wike: My Grouse With Saraki, Tambuwal, Other Northern PDP Presidential Aspirants by GreaterFuture(m): 12:19pm On May 03, 2022
Okk
Re: Wike: My Grouse With Saraki, Tambuwal, Other Northern PDP Presidential Aspirants by Funflipper: 12:20pm On May 03, 2022
Frigga13:

Nobody takes him serious

For saying the truth?

9 Likes

Re: Wike: My Grouse With Saraki, Tambuwal, Other Northern PDP Presidential Aspirants by Oghene1st: 12:21pm On May 03, 2022
One thing I like about him is that he doesn't hide the truth, and Nigerians love liars. Sorry Wike.

17 Likes

Re: Wike: My Grouse With Saraki, Tambuwal, Other Northern PDP Presidential Aspirants by DAwest7: 12:22pm On May 03, 2022
Frigga13:

Nobody takes him serious
your opinion okoro cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Wike: My Grouse With Saraki, Tambuwal, Other Northern PDP Presidential Aspirants by chrisxxx(m): 12:23pm On May 03, 2022
Frigga13:

Nobody takes him serious
You are wrong!

12 Likes

Re: Wike: My Grouse With Saraki, Tambuwal, Other Northern PDP Presidential Aspirants by ogmask: 12:27pm On May 03, 2022
Funflipper:

For saying the truth?

How is it the truth?
We should also hear from the other side too.
Wike talks too much hence some think he speaks the truth without hearing from others

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wike: My Grouse With Saraki, Tambuwal, Other Northern PDP Presidential Aspirants by organicfoods(m): 12:27pm On May 03, 2022
Wike is very serious with his ambition...but I hope Nigerians can even vote safely.

2 Likes

Re: Wike: My Grouse With Saraki, Tambuwal, Other Northern PDP Presidential Aspirants by Kingpele(m): 12:30pm On May 03, 2022
Arrogance at its peak

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike: My Grouse With Saraki, Tambuwal, Other Northern PDP Presidential Aspirants by aribisala0(m): 12:33pm On May 03, 2022
Frigga13:

Nobody takes him serious
I take him VERY SERIOUS

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: My Grouse With Saraki, Tambuwal, Other Northern PDP Presidential Aspirants by Jostoman: 12:33pm On May 03, 2022
I too like WIKE

4 Likes

Re: Wike: My Grouse With Saraki, Tambuwal, Other Northern PDP Presidential Aspirants by adebayo987: 12:34pm On May 03, 2022
Loveurneighbour:

https://punchng.com/my-grouse-with-saraki-tambuwal-other-northern-pdp-presidential-aspirants-wike/
on the part of zoning, this northern people claims to own Nigeria. The more reason i support the separation of this country. They're now making mouth now because it's election time. What they don't know is that if a northerner becomes the next president after Buhari, it will be very hard for this country to remain one in the future. Let's all respect ourselves. I like the north and south zoning strategy. When it's time for the north, it's left for whoever wins, whether from the east or west of the north and vice versa in for the south. I don't like the idea of the northerners coming to drag turn with the south. Atiku's greediness and hunger for power like Buhari means another total 8 years of failure in sports, economy, etc.

Let's have it [zoning] in the constitution so that no one will be agitating for referendum again.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: My Grouse With Saraki, Tambuwal, Other Northern PDP Presidential Aspirants by RedScorpion(f): 12:36pm On May 03, 2022
Read also..

Russian Troops Weaponized Rape In Ukraine - Videos

https://www.nairaland.com/7108318/russian-troops-weaponized-rape-ukraine
Re: Wike: My Grouse With Saraki, Tambuwal, Other Northern PDP Presidential Aspirants by Jostoman: 12:36pm On May 03, 2022
aribisala0:
I take him VERY SERIOUS
even me too

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Court Orders Arrest Of Lamorde EFCC Boss / EFCC Conducting Forensic Analysis Of Ganduje Bribe Videos In London: Magu / Court Okays Supplementary Elections In Adamawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.