Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,273 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:38 AM

IPOB Rejects VP Slot For South-East, Insists On Referendum For Biafra’s Exit - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IPOB Rejects VP Slot For South-East, Insists On Referendum For Biafra’s Exit (18675 Views)

IPOB Rejects Peter Obi, Igbo Presidency ... / Tinubu: 5 Northern Governors Promised VP Slot For Power Shift / Northern Women Protest In Abuja, Demand Referendum For South-East To Choose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IPOB Rejects VP Slot For South-East, Insists On Referendum For Biafra’s Exit by Nolongthing3669: 12:39pm On Oct 10, 2018
Biafrannuke:
Climb the cliffs, cross the creeks
lend it to the lifeless, and take to the atikulators...our simple message which is also loud and clear- BIAFRA MUST BE RESTORED
ON NAIRALAND
Re: IPOB Rejects VP Slot For South-East, Insists On Referendum For Biafra’s Exit by amerlino(m): 12:42pm On Oct 10, 2018
What is ipob abeg that they should decide what should happen in the East for us abeg make them park well ooo shebi their Oga don leave them comot
Re: IPOB Rejects VP Slot For South-East, Insists On Referendum For Biafra’s Exit by bosco2017: 12:42pm On Oct 10, 2018
Nolongthing3669:

ON NAIRALAND

Biafra is here . Go to east n u ll see
Re: IPOB Rejects VP Slot For South-East, Insists On Referendum For Biafra’s Exit by Azam101: 12:43pm On Oct 10, 2018
Useless movement with no direction!

1 Like

Re: IPOB Rejects VP Slot For South-East, Insists On Referendum For Biafra’s Exit by bosco2017: 12:44pm On Oct 10, 2018
amerlino:
What is ipob abeg that they should decide what should happen in the East for us abeg make them park well ooo shebi their Oga don leave them comot

even if Oga no dey the structure is intact n incorruptible. Struggle continues
Re: IPOB Rejects VP Slot For South-East, Insists On Referendum For Biafra’s Exit by bosco2017: 12:54pm On Oct 10, 2018
Azam101:
Useless movement with no direction!

Direction is biafra let me make it clear to u . Go n get ur Oduduwa republic . Nigeria is artificial creation by white man
Re: IPOB Rejects VP Slot For South-East, Insists On Referendum For Biafra’s Exit by Shuku0kukobambi: 12:56pm On Oct 10, 2018
enemybulldozer:
Stop beating about the bush and show me where bia4rans/IPOB are drumming support for atiku in their radio Bia4ra page on Facebook or radio Bia4ra station or remain silent till eternity.
Abobaku afonja!!

You see how you wound yourself? We have massob, we have ipob, we have BIM, we have Ohaneze, we even have new massob so which can claim to speak for all igbo?

You can kill yourselves over which is superior, it's not my business. However, without even bothering about your politicians, on this same thread, on this same forum, Igbo are advocating for an Igbo VP to Atiku. You can keep on denying. It changes nothing you this Wawa Jewish braggart
Re: IPOB Rejects VP Slot For South-East, Insists On Referendum For Biafra’s Exit by Arthurity1(m): 12:59pm On Oct 10, 2018
bosco2017:

Bros u re ufulefu. U dont understand Nigeria. By boycotting u become more relevant n they ll call u for talk . U re immature.
you are a very stupid animal. A class of animal lower than a rat! If you can't think of a way to usurp the government and make life better for everyone as a whole then I have nothing to say to you brainless piece of dog waste!
Re: IPOB Rejects VP Slot For South-East, Insists On Referendum For Biafra’s Exit by bosco2017: 1:00pm On Oct 10, 2018
We are not interested in Nigeria . Atiku vp should go to Nigerians Hausas n yorubas not SE . Biafra is gone already
Re: IPOB Rejects VP Slot For South-East, Insists On Referendum For Biafra’s Exit by Ategberoson(m): 1:01pm On Oct 10, 2018
Kahujadekadura:
I am not concluding without facts. I reside in Igbo land and I know that very well and for you that is in another land not Igbo can testify DAT through their one million man match and sit at home dey do conduct. I am not a sentimental speaker on dis discussion. For d 10%, dey can vote if dey want but for we d IPOB we are not partisan and we run our org without any politicians money. We are not voting becos our Igbo politicians thought we are fools that dey can use to get national post. If dey want to represent us let them move for referendum not VP slot. I am ipobating

grin

you reside in Igbo land and that gives you a tentative conclusion of majority conviction there? grin

your brothers here are atikulating while others are ipobating. that's the confusion and you're in Igbo land and getting unverified statistics number of people that are ipobating doesn't invalidate that, there is no political confusion among Igbo

so my earlier assertion stands

1 Like

Re: IPOB Rejects VP Slot For South-East, Insists On Referendum For Biafra’s Exit by Arthurity1(m): 1:02pm On Oct 10, 2018
Jolar101:

Come for referendum.

I am Igbo my foot.

Go ask your parents to tell you their stories before you all opposing Biafra referendum were born. How many people they had sex with before they met.

You may have opportunity to speaking Igbo, your ancestor might derived from where you don't.

1914 lifeless saboteurs programming doing to you by your slaves masters is till in plastic lifeless brain.

IPOB is a political. IPOB are citizens of a Biafra Nation.

Come for Biafra referendum. One person one vote.

Some of you are very disappointed that IPOB not bribing any useless lifeless saboteurs in and outside Biafraland to speaks on Biafrans behalf.

Stop been ignorant for once. Is it a must to be a Nigerian
Your post absolutely makes no sense.
Re: IPOB Rejects VP Slot For South-East, Insists On Referendum For Biafra’s Exit by goaldynman(m): 1:02pm On Oct 10, 2018
kollinz1234:
Cc Ipob cc Emma Powerful

Of a truth I am sympathetic to your cause but honestly this is not the way to go abt it. In a Democratic system it is numbers that matters not threat. Who do u folks think will organize the referendum for u, is it not the Nigeria govt? U need an insider in the govt to be pushing for ur cause. In buhari administration u have no insider. Should u gain the VP slot with Atikus PDP n de eventually wins come 2019, the VP will do the inside job for u n referendum will be near and will eventually happen. U ppl should not make a good number of the Igbo's who appeals to ur cause to begin to view u ppl as an enemy or as ppl who don't know what they r doing. Yes u are following Nnamdi Kanus foot print but remember he is not perfect n is still a young man who is bound to make mistakes. Encourage ur ppl to vote enmass n prove that u are also an election decider, get ur candidates to the top echelons of power n with that continue voicing and protesting. Then and only then will ur desire come even quickly. Remember Buhari doesn't care abt u, if he eventually wins come 2019, u ppl will only leave in more agony for another 4years without having achieved anything. Thank u

Itz. Kollinz1234

Very apt and concise opinion!!

1 Like

Re: IPOB Rejects VP Slot For South-East, Insists On Referendum For Biafra’s Exit by MONIKERREVEALER: 1:12pm On Oct 10, 2018
capatainrambo:
check my posts. I'm a pdp card carrying member I'm from edo

the world does not revolve round your village. now Bleep off my mention

shameless coward!

what the hell is an edo layabout like yourself doing on a Biafran thread? did Kanu tell you that edo is included in his plans for a referendum? what is a busy-body like you hyperventilating for on this matter which is ABSOLUTELY none of your BUSINESS?

you must be bonkers coming on here and telling folks who identify with the referendum struggle how or how not to go about achieving their objectives when they have not in any way asked for your input nor intruded onto your territory.

you are the coward to shut up and take a back seat and not ipob. go and vote whatever thieving politician you want in that sham country of yours and quit making a fool of yourself intruding into the affairs of people who cannot give a crap about you nigerians!
Re: IPOB Rejects VP Slot For South-East, Insists On Referendum For Biafra’s Exit by theoldpretender(m): 1:18pm On Oct 10, 2018
I don't back ipob or biafra, but let us assume I do.

If I did, I would not only back Igbo VP for PDP, I would back Igbo participation in APC too.

The only way ipob can get referendum is by an amendment to the constitution, which means you have to participate in the Nigerian democratic process. The only other option is armed revolt which won't end well, and they know it.

Yes Scotland got a referendum and they might even get another one. That is because the British legal system allows for such.

Catalonia in Spain tried to get a referendum but because the laws in Spain said no, they got nowhere.

So Ipob should work with the reality of Nigeria or forget Biafra. Or organize revolt which would lead to Python Dance Part Deux, which no one would like.

Ike Ekweremadu has already given a blueprint that can work. I won't add more.
Re: IPOB Rejects VP Slot For South-East, Insists On Referendum For Biafra’s Exit by enemybulldozer(m): 1:35pm On Oct 10, 2018
Shuku0kukobambi:

Bianca ojukwu lost a primary election to go to the Nigerian Senate but in your maybe you think she is in a contest for biafran Senate.

Your ipob inspite of all it's noise couldn't stop 400,000 anambra people from voting in 2017 so what did you smoke that makes you think Igbo won't vote in 2019 particularly for Atiku who will have an Igbo VP?

I just gave you an example but your brainwashed self has been conditioned not to see a contrary view hence you'll still pretend being blind to Igbo people on this very thread advocating for Igbo VP
Bianca ojukwu is among the political jobbers in SE what do you expect??
Your reasoning is very poor that is your major problem had it been poor mentality is not your problem, you should have known that in every twelve there must be a Judas.
Secondly, the Anambra election you mentioned is a case study that shows that, truly the zoogerian media is full of lies and buffoonish journalists. That Anambra election was boycotted 90% but the zoogerian government out of their treachery, deceit and dance of shame manipulated the media into reporting junk and propaganda the zoo media even went as far as digging out and posting 2003,2007,2011 election pictures just to deceive the gullible masses people like you.
Honestly, to be a zoogerian is a bad omen not to talk of combining it with APC zombie it simply means that person is doomed and finished am really sorry for you.
Re: IPOB Rejects VP Slot For South-East, Insists On Referendum For Biafra’s Exit by gidgiddy: 1:36pm On Oct 10, 2018
theoldpretender:

If I did, I would not only back Igbo VP for PDP, I would back Igbo participation in APC too.

The only way ipob can get referendum is by an amendment to the constitution, which means you have to participate in the Nigerian democratic process. The only other option is armed revolt which won't end well, and they know it.

Yes Scotland got a referendum and they might even get another one. That is because the British legal system allows for such.

Catalonia in Spain tried to get a referendum but because the laws in Spain said no, they got nowhere.

So Ipob should work with the reality of Nigeria or forget Biafra. Or organize revolt which would lead to Python Dance Part Deux, which no one would like.

There is a third option, keep agitating and protesting until the Nigerian National assembly agrees to a referendum. This is how East Timor got its freedom from Indonesia. IPOB does not need to join the political process or take up arms. A policy of indefinite agitation will get them a referendum
Re: IPOB Rejects VP Slot For South-East, Insists On Referendum For Biafra’s Exit by bosco2017: 1:38pm On Oct 10, 2018
theoldpretender:

Which constititution ? is the one hausa fulani created ? Does Buhari follow the so called constititution ? We must have referendum . The way Nigeria is structured , no meaningful inroad can be made by the people in SE or minorities to change things constitutionally . Bros Nigeria has expired in 2014
Re: IPOB Rejects VP Slot For South-East, Insists On Referendum For Biafra’s Exit by layeenka(m): 1:39pm On Oct 10, 2018
[quote author=Herdsmen post=71950999]

We the south south.. Crew..
This tinubu son..wetin concern you and ipob..why are they eating you deep..

South east west are lines drawn by your master's up north and does not represent the indigenous people.
And you know that..if you be okirika..you have nothing doing with ipob..
But don't dictate to an etch man or obingwa on were his loyalty lies..

Divide and rule is over..
Biafra is going with all igbo speaking people ..who chose to identify with them.. not what you funny tinubu boy and your master's says..

You've gat no say here..hungerbad..
Focus more on how your lord and savior is doing..

Don't enter a river that will drawn you because you think you're a good swimmer.

Lastly..
Biafra flag will fly in your lifetime...and who knows maybe your okirika Kings will be first to come for negotiation.

Stop fooling round online..
Your opinion is your only..

Focus..
A ship that has sailed 10000 miles cant jazz for jonzing fools..

If you know you know..

Meanwhile what Happened to your support for the Dullard..
You switched in a minute..
Hope the emperor of Lagos never switched..

Very ridiculous.

Just scroll up and read the poo you typed. You didn't make any sense bro.....I mean, just look at yourself

1 Like

Re: IPOB Rejects VP Slot For South-East, Insists On Referendum For Biafra’s Exit by Rooy57(m): 1:42pm On Oct 10, 2018
Come 2019, let IPOB order sit at home on the day of election
Re: IPOB Rejects VP Slot For South-East, Insists On Referendum For Biafra’s Exit by mamaafrik(m): 1:44pm On Oct 10, 2018
awon wereski
Re: IPOB Rejects VP Slot For South-East, Insists On Referendum For Biafra’s Exit by peacengine(m): 1:46pm On Oct 10, 2018
Biafrauud nation, we can't wait to kick you outa Nigeria.
Re: IPOB Rejects VP Slot For South-East, Insists On Referendum For Biafra’s Exit by Shuku0kukobambi: 1:52pm On Oct 10, 2018
enemybulldozer:
Bianca ojukwu is among the political jobbers in SE what do you expect??
Your reasoning is very poor that is your major problem had it been poor mentality is not your problem, you should have known that in every twelve there must be a Judas.
Secondly, the Anambra election you mentioned is a case study that shows that, truly the zoogerian media is full of lies and buffoonish journalists. That Anambra election was boycotted 90% but the zoogerian government out of their treachery, deceit and dance of shame manipulated the media into reporting junk and propaganda the zoo media even went as far as digging out and posting 2003,2007,2011 election pictures just to deceive the gullible masses people like you.
Honestly, to be a zoogerian is a bad omen not to talk of combining it with APC zombie it simply means that person is doomed and finished am really sorry for you.

Your brainwashing no get part 2. You have confined yourself in your little cage and have put the words of your Messiah on auto repeat.

Was ipob in existence in 2013? Yet only 375, 000 voters voted for the 3 major parties APGA, APC and PDP. Why?

In 2017 even with Ofensala day, 405,000 voted for the 3 big parties meaning there was even an increase.

You can keep deceiving yourself. Those who have been voting before kanu, voted again in 2017 and they'll vote again in 2019
Re: IPOB Rejects VP Slot For South-East, Insists On Referendum For Biafra’s Exit by franxalive(m): 1:53pm On Oct 10, 2018
ken6488:
Igbos eh you guys what another civil war ba but God Nor Gree With Ona

REFERENDUM IS NEVER A CALL FOR WAR!!!... AFRICANS GET EDUCATION FOR GOODNESS SAKE...!!!....#mypeopleperishforlackofknowledge.

A FAIRLY CONDUCTED REFERENDUM, WILL SETTLE OR BURY THE HATCHET OF BIAFRA FOREVER!�

THE PEOPLE WITH UR KIND OF MIND IN THIS COUNTRY, EG: OUR PRESIDENT...THAT IS WHY WE FOUND OUR SELVES WITH SUCH RECURRENT DECIMAL OF BIAFRA AGITATION NOW AND THEN.
Re: IPOB Rejects VP Slot For South-East, Insists On Referendum For Biafra’s Exit by theoldpretender(m): 1:55pm On Oct 10, 2018
gidgiddy:

There is a third option, keep agitating and protesting until the Nigerian National assembly agrees to a referendum. This is how East Timor got its freedom from Indonesia. IPOB does not need to join the political process or take up arms. A policy of indefinite agitation will get them a referendum

Which is essentially part of my solution.

The other part is the important bit...... Get the law changed, and you can only do that if you have guys on the inside of power backing you up.
Re: IPOB Rejects VP Slot For South-East, Insists On Referendum For Biafra’s Exit by theoldpretender(m): 2:00pm On Oct 10, 2018
bosco2017:

Which constititution ? is the one hausa fulani created ? Does Buhari follow the so called constititution ? We must have referendum . The way Nigeria is structured , no meaningful inroad can be made by the people in SE or minorities to change things constitutionally . Bros Nigeria has expired in 2014

Then go to the trenches and fight a war like the Boko Haram people who want an Islamic State, but have also given up on the constitution.

I'm not insulting you. I am merely stating the consequences of your assertion.

The American Constitution was unfair to black people. Did not stop the Civil Rights movement from using the same constitution to fight for their rights via political involvement.

Once again, if you want peaceful secession, change the laws to guarantee that. And you can only do that via participation in the flawed political process. Anything else means war

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IPOB Rejects VP Slot For South-East, Insists On Referendum For Biafra’s Exit by ken6488(m): 2:07pm On Oct 10, 2018
franxalive:

REFERENDUM IS NEVER A CALL FOR WAR!!!... AFRICANS GET EDUCATION FOR GOODNESS SAKE...!!!....#mypeopleperishforlackofknowledge.

A FAIRLY CONDUCTED REFERENDUM, WILL SETTLE OR BURY THE HATCHET OF BIAFRA FOREVER!�

THE PEOPLE WITH UR KIND OF MIND IN THIS COUNTRY, EG: OUR PRESIDENT...THAT IS WHY WE FOUND OUR SELVES WITH SUCH RECURRENT DECIMAL OF BIAFRA AGITATION NOW AND THEN.
nope that can happen bro it never happened in spain and some others
Re: IPOB Rejects VP Slot For South-East, Insists On Referendum For Biafra’s Exit by Westbestside: 2:07pm On Oct 10, 2018
goodnessme1:
now those ewudu oil mouth wont come here and spill trash on how pdp is sponsoring Ipob,

as for 2019,these will be no voting in east even if pdp make Mazi Nnamdi Kanu their vp.

God bless ipob and all lovers of freedom.
Says an inconsequestial fellow cheesy
Re: IPOB Rejects VP Slot For South-East, Insists On Referendum For Biafra’s Exit by gidgiddy: 2:10pm On Oct 10, 2018
theoldpretender:

Which is essentially part of my solution.

The other part is the important bit...... Get the law changed, and you can only do that if you have guys on the inside of power backing you up.

You don't have to get the law changed to have a referendum. A resolution or order of the National Assembly is enough to have one. Britain has no law on referendum but their parliament gave Scotland one in 2014. To this day, Britain has no law on referendum
Re: IPOB Rejects VP Slot For South-East, Insists On Referendum For Biafra’s Exit by Westbestside: 2:11pm On Oct 10, 2018
ALCOHOLKILLS:
hope bmc are watching, now they will start labeling pdp supporters ipob cheesy cheesy They are not like afonja backstabbers/cowards who can't stand by their word grin
They can't stand by their word but stood by it to vote in jonathan and voted him out when he goofed. Akindanidani cheesy
Re: IPOB Rejects VP Slot For South-East, Insists On Referendum For Biafra’s Exit by theoldpretender(m): 2:20pm On Oct 10, 2018
gidgiddy:

You don't have to get the law changed to have a referendum. A resolution or order of the National Assembly is enough to have one. Britain has no law on referendum but their parliament gave Scotland one in 2014. To this day, Britain has no law on referendum

Scotland parliament passed a law that allowed for the referendum after an agreement with the overall British parliament to allow them handle the matter under the principle of devolution of powers to the Home Countries which was established by law in the 1990s and under such laws, it would have been London determining such a decision re referendum.

In Nigeria, it would require the passage of a new law amending the constitution to allow for the passage of a bill allowing for a part if the country to hold a referendum on secession. (Note that our system is not the same as the UK. We have a written constitution, the UK does not for example)

So, not the same.

More info. About the referendum Act : https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_Independence_Referendum_Act_2013
Re: IPOB Rejects VP Slot For South-East, Insists On Referendum For Biafra’s Exit by capatainrambo: 2:23pm On Oct 10, 2018
MONIKERREVEALER:

shameless coward!

what the hell is an edo layabout like yourself doing on a Biafran thread? did Kanu tell you that edo is included in his plans for a referendum? what is a busy-body like you hyperventilating for on this matter which is ABSOLUTELY none of your BUSINESS?

you must be bonkers coming on here and telling folks who identify with the referendum struggle how or how not to go about achieving their objectives when they have not in any way asked for your input nor intruded onto your territory.

you are the coward to shut up and take a back seat and not ipob. go and vote whatever thieving politician you want in that sham country of yours and quit making a fool of yourself intruding into the affairs of people who cannot give a crap about you nigerians!
who will give you biafra. weren't you helpless when nnamdi kanu was taken ? moreso you still can't do anything knowing he is alive and held up somewhere?

I'm not against the igbo nation you guys 're my neighbours, the quickest way to make people hate the ipob cause is to antagonize the vp coming from the South East.

when you demand for biafra you need people in power
people with voice not wit baseless and needless protests/riots. anybody that becomes vp now has a good chance of becoming president in 2023. then you can table your matter

buhari will not listen to you.
if you scUTtle This good strategy you have you re on your own as nobody will give you biafra .

goodday and one love.

1 Like

Re: IPOB Rejects VP Slot For South-East, Insists On Referendum For Biafra’s Exit by gidgiddy: 2:36pm On Oct 10, 2018
theoldpretender:

Scotland parliament passed a law that allowed for the referendum after an agreement with the overall British parliament to allow them handle the matter under the principle of devolution of powers to the Home Countries which was established by law in the 1990s and under such laws, it would have been London determining such a decision re referendum.

In Nigeria, it would require the passage of a new law amending the constitution to allow for the passage of a bill allowing for a part if the country to hold a referendum on secession. (Note that our system is not the same as the UK. We have a written constitution, the UK does not for example)

So, not the same.

More info. About the referendum Act : https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_Independence_Referendum_Act_2013

You are saying the same thing In saying. Neither Scotland nor the UK have referendum in their constitution and they did not have to amend their laws in other to conduct a referendum. The Scottish parliament voted for a referendum, the UK parliament passed it, and a referendum was held.

In Nigeria, the National Assembly has the power to order a one time referendum in any part of Nigeria.

Also, it is important to note that Nigeria has had referendums despite the fact that referendum isn't in the Nigerian constitution. In 1961, it was a referendum that made parts Adamawa and Taraba to leave British Cameroon and become part of Nigeria. A referendum in 1963 created the Mid-West Region.

Referendum is not new in Nigeria despite Nigeria having no law on it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kano Supplementary Election: As The Lion Roars Again / Osinbajo Attends Funeral Of Dapo Abiodun's Dad / Charles Soludo Hits Ground Running

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.