Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,509 members, 7,812,575 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:34 PM

Charles Soludo Hits Ground Running - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Charles Soludo Hits Ground Running (18667 Views)

"I Will Hit The Ground Running" - APC National Chairman, Ganduje / Charles Soludo Wins APGA governorship Primaries / Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Charles Soludo Hits Ground Running by Anambra1stSon(m): 7:56am On Mar 18, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Usii3ULTmcs
Anambra State Governor Charles Soludo hit the ground running yesterday after being sworn in as the sixth governor.

He retained Prof Solo Chukwulobelu as the Secretary to the State Government (SSG),
He also announced the appointment of Dr Chukwudi Okoli as the Accountant General and Chinedu Nwoye as the Deputy Chief of Staff/Chief of Protocol.

Soludo said his list of commissioners will be forwarded to the House of Assembly next week.

The governor and his deputy, Dr Onyekachi Ibezim, were sworn in by the Chief Judge of Anambra State, Justice Onochie Anyachebelu, at 10.55 am.

The event was held at the Government House in Awka, the state capital.

In his inauguration speech, Soludo, a former Central Bank governor, promised to transform the state.

He urged the people of Anambra to volunteer their time and treasure to create “the homeland of our dream”.

“Everybody is important in this journey and I need your help to succeed,” the governor said.

“We must all strive to die empty—to give our all, in aid of God’s creation. Each day, every Onye Anambra must ask himself or /herself: ‘What have I done today to make my home state livable and prosperous?’ It should be part of our daily devotion.

“There must be a purpose why God in His infinite wisdom decided to make you Onye Anambra—and that must be to leave it better than you met it. No one is too poor to give or do something for Anambra. If not you, then who; if not now, then when?”

Articulating his profound vision for Anambra, Soludo said: “As I close my eyes and visualise our future, I can see millions of Ndi Anambra holding hands and working hard for a glorious future.

“I see the skyscrapers along the banks of River Niger in Onitsha, Nnewi, Awka, Ekwulobia, etc.

“I see a smart megacity with millions of happy and prosperous people.
“I see us exporting massively to the world and the world coming to Anambra as a preferred destination to live, work, invest, learn, relax and enjoy.

“History beckons. Seize this moment Ndi Anambra, and together, let us make it count. Anambra: the Light of the Nation shines!”

Soludo spared a thought for three police officers – Inspector Murtala Saudi, Sgt Mudassir Ahmed, and Sgt Samuel Ishaya – who were killed during a pre-election meeting with youths. He pledged to continue to support their families.

Soludo, the candidate of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA), believes his victory at the November 6-10, 2021 poll was ordained by God.

He had polled 112,229 votes to defeat Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) candidate Valentine Ozigbo, who polled 53,807 votes, and All Progressives Congress (APC) flagbearer, Andy Uba, who scored 43,285 votes.

Praising his predecessor Willie Obiano, Soludo said: “On Sunday, 20th November 2016, I accepted your proposal for gentlemen’s understanding and partnership.

“I kept my part in 2017 and even after five years, you still kept yours in 2021.

“I always emphasise this point because it is rare these days to find people who keep their word in politics, and we will never take your support for granted.

“You are indeed a great leader. Thanks for believing in me. We will work hard to make you and Ndi Anambra proud.”

“To our indefatigable national Chairman, Ozonkpu (Dr) Victor Ike Oye, your visit of 27th August 2016 and unwavering support remain historical.”

Soludo said it was time to work, adding that there was “no minute or kobo to waste in fanfare”.

He said he would meet the state security council, permanent secretaries and with his Strategy, Execution and Evaluation (SEE) team yesterday.

Soludo announced the suspension of all revenue collections in the state for one month and outlawed all cash payments to the Anambra government in motor parks.
Governor urges IPOB to embrace dialogue

Soludo emphasised the need for peace and called on youths, politicians and agitators, especially the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), to embrace dialogue.

“There is no conflict that dialogue, in good faith, cannot resolve.

“Our government is determined to urgently restore peace and security in Anambra, and we will seek the active cooperation and collaboration of all stakeholders.

“To IPOB-ESN, the Movement for the Actualisation of Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB), as well as the disparate armed groups in the forests, it is time to interrogate both the purpose and means of your campaign.

“To the politicians playing politics with the insecurity, you are riding a tiger. The current trajectory is a road to desolation.

“Let us get around the table and talk. Let the elite in the closet come out, and let’s debate our future and forge a consensus.

“The conspiracy of silence by the elite and some community leaders must end.
“If you see something, say or do something! Securing Igboland and Nigeria must be our collective responsibility,” Soludo said.

He believes the sit-at-home costs Anambra alone an estimated N19.6 billion every Monday.

Soludo said: “Due to the protracted breakdown of law and order, businesses are relocating outside Igboland, with growing unemployment, and traders who used to come to shop in Onitsha, Aba etc are going elsewhere.

“Who is losing? By forcing our children—the future of Igboland—to stay at home instead of being in school, while even the critically sick people (including pregnant women) cannot go to the hospital, we harm our future.

“I hereby challenge any of the disparate groups that claim that it is not part of the senseless killings and kidnappings to step out and show leadership by joining hands with us to do something about it.

“If you love our homeland, there is no place for bloodshed.”
Abaribe, Ekweremadu, Obi greet governor

Senate Minority Leader, Enyinnaya Abaribe, and former Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu, congratulated Soludo on his inauguration.

Abaribe, in a statement by his Media Adviser, Uchenna Awom, said he had confidence in Soludo’s ability to deliver and create a template for other states in Igboland.
“Prof Soludo’s track record in public service is a glaring example of a committed professional and an economist of repute.

“Such credential is a collateral to which he must guard jealously with superlative performance as a governor of a strategic and important state like Anambra,” Abaribe said.

Ekweremadu, in a statement by his media adviser, Uche Anichukwu, pledged to work with Soludo and other Southeast governors towards regional economic and infrastructural integration if elected Governor of Enugu State.

“Soludo’s tenure, I believe, is good news for Southeast regional economic and infrastructural integration, especially at a time hopes are high that the perennial efforts of the National Assembly at a constitutional amendment to devolve power, aviation, and railway, among others, to the concurrent list will come to fruition,” he said.

Former Anambra Governor Peter Obi and renowned economist, Prof Pat Utomi, were among those at the inauguration.

Obi said: “I have known Soludo for a long time. I trust that he will give Anambra people a transformation that will restore the state to greater glory.”

Utomi, who was a member of Soludo’s transition committee, said with the governor’s background, Anambra would witness a massive transformation.

Also yesterday, a coalition of traditional rulers in Anambra conferred a farewell chieftaincy title on Obiano.

He was given the title: “Ukwuomakpolu Anambra” (a harbinger of blessing to Anambra) at a valedictory/welcome party organised in his honour by the Aguleri Community in Anambra East Local Government Area of the state.
https://thenationonlineng.net/soludo-hits-ground-running/

16 Likes

Re: Charles Soludo Hits Ground Running by Bluntguy: 7:59am On Mar 18, 2022
He shouldn't tire out quickly o.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Charles Soludo Hits Ground Running by thesicilian: 8:04am On Mar 18, 2022
When an intellectual reigns, many of his advisers and associates will also be intellectuals. I'm very interested to know the outcome of his first 4 years and how different it is going to be from that of the usual dullards.

99 Likes 1 Share

Re: Charles Soludo Hits Ground Running by Nendans: 8:27am On Mar 18, 2022
That was his promise

2 Likes

Re: Charles Soludo Hits Ground Running by Dagah2: 8:32am On Mar 18, 2022
Na the tout matter we dey look up to pass every other....

5 Likes

Re: Charles Soludo Hits Ground Running by nzeobi(m): 8:53am On Mar 18, 2022
Using ivm as official car is one of the promise to be fulfilled and banning of touts is the second

75 Likes

Re: Charles Soludo Hits Ground Running by EkelediliBuhari: 9:39am On Mar 18, 2022
I trust solid o to be a better leader

He did wonders in the CBN

Let’s just look out for other states

So long as he has to struggle with out shitty politicians he still has a lot on his plate

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Charles Soludo Hits Ground Running by excomarow(m): 9:39am On Mar 18, 2022
He kept his words for using IVM as his official cars.

Abeg were Obiano's wife... I one ask am one question... E get why

4 Likes

Re: Charles Soludo Hits Ground Running by DropsMic(m): 9:40am On Mar 18, 2022
Soon we go see "Soludo gives wife backshots"
Re: Charles Soludo Hits Ground Running by sharpshap(m): 9:40am On Mar 18, 2022
Keep it up
Re: Charles Soludo Hits Ground Running by denakian(m): 9:40am On Mar 18, 2022
I hope he do
Re: Charles Soludo Hits Ground Running by Trustedhands: 9:40am On Mar 18, 2022
You just hype this man anyhow. Kontinu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Charles Soludo Hits Ground Running by Mooh247: 9:40am On Mar 18, 2022
cool

I hope he doesn't disappoint...

That was how they hyped that airhead called Seyi Makinde, and till date everything Na Audio

Nigerians would never forget Charles Soludo for introducing Polymer Naira notes after much criticism we still enjoy it till date

His banking reform also saved many Nigerians from banking criminals like Sarathief and his thieving family Society Generale Bank that defrauded and liquidated their assets living depositors hanging

91 Likes 1 Share

Re: Charles Soludo Hits Ground Running by Linkhopp01: 9:40am On Mar 18, 2022
He is set to make history. Welcome on board Mr. Governor

1 Like

Re: Charles Soludo Hits Ground Running by almsofgold: 9:40am On Mar 18, 2022
Congratulations to the good people of Anambra state. The salvation is here. The ease you crave has arrived. Be happy, merry and joyful. Anambra is the new mecca and Dubai rolled in one. It's gonna take time, but the certainty is certain. Congratulations once more

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Charles Soludo Hits Ground Running by Helpfromabove1(m): 9:40am On Mar 18, 2022
Time will tell

2 Likes

Re: Charles Soludo Hits Ground Running by truthCoder: 9:41am On Mar 18, 2022
Intelligent leaders are the solution to our country’s problems.

If our leaders know how to resolve issues, our problems will gradually reduce.

Let’s elect smart people irrespective of tribe in 2023.

This country is ours.

No matter where you go, even if you carry another country’s passport, deep down, you are connected to your root.

Let’s make it better.

If not for us, but for our kids.

9 Likes

Re: Charles Soludo Hits Ground Running by abobote: 9:41am On Mar 18, 2022
All eyes are on him, we have prayed for this day.
He shouldn't disappoint us like Rochas

2 Likes

Re: Charles Soludo Hits Ground Running by symbianDON(m): 9:42am On Mar 18, 2022
Is he Super Mario? Only Super Mario hits the ground running grin

13 Likes

Re: Charles Soludo Hits Ground Running by MrHighSea: 9:42am On Mar 18, 2022
Promising.

He shouldn't get any template from PDP and APC biko.
Re: Charles Soludo Hits Ground Running by Ndimkpurummiri(m): 9:42am On Mar 18, 2022
Shior as if he will not also steal

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Charles Soludo Hits Ground Running by hugeo(m): 9:43am On Mar 18, 2022
No time to check time
Re: Charles Soludo Hits Ground Running by easyfem(m): 9:43am On Mar 18, 2022
No matter how u polish diz man , as long as that constitution is still there... nothing good will come out ... its design to fail already .... u can't control police.... u can't control ur security and resources ... so which miracle soludo won do

6 Likes

Re: Charles Soludo Hits Ground Running by Obagofixxy: 9:43am On Mar 18, 2022
may God give you the ability to rule
Re: Charles Soludo Hits Ground Running by Nobody: 9:43am On Mar 18, 2022
Good job
We hope for better transformation in anambra

This guy below me life never tire you

2 Likes

Re: Charles Soludo Hits Ground Running by Hector09(m): 9:43am On Mar 18, 2022
Naso him predecessor start...after two years u go hear soludo out.... Nigerian politician and eye service....this reminds me of wike... immediately he was sworn in he started paying pensioners that amarachi was owning...now reverse is the case

4 Likes

Re: Charles Soludo Hits Ground Running by Mide3367: 9:43am On Mar 18, 2022
Good luck
Re: Charles Soludo Hits Ground Running by bigdammyj: 9:44am On Mar 18, 2022
Good luck Sir.
Re: Charles Soludo Hits Ground Running by tillaman(m): 9:44am On Mar 18, 2022
cool

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee / Lagos Cancels Lekki-epe Expressway Concession / Saraki Will Be Removed From Politics In 2019 – Oshiomhole Reacts To Kwara By Ele

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.