Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

Anxiety As Nigeria’s Fresh 25 Oil Cargoes Await Buyers - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anxiety As Nigeria’s Fresh 25 Oil Cargoes Await Buyers (16957 Views)

30 Nigerian Oil Cargoes Dumped Over Sluggish Demand / 60 Nigerian Oil Cargoes Unsold Despite Price Cut / Coronavirus: 50 Oil Cargoes Stranded (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anxiety As Nigeria’s Fresh 25 Oil Cargoes Await Buyers by adioolayi(m): 3:17pm On Oct 11, 2018
mushystuff:

Do you experience this increase or just read of it in the papers? What is the tangible impact on the common man? The other things I mentioned where are they?

N/B We are still discussing agriculture.
Of course, easily available cultivable seedlings, access to subsidised fertilizer, access to low interest loans and control of foreign importation. Bro, rice farmers are smiling to the bank...I can authoritatively tell you PMB have their votes in 2019.
Re: Anxiety As Nigeria’s Fresh 25 Oil Cargoes Await Buyers by AFONJACOW(m): 3:32pm On Oct 11, 2018
and lifeless mallam Zai Barbar is busy wasting billions of dollars searching for crude oil at the back of his daura country home, he Have successfully crown Nigeria headquarter for extremely poor people in the world...
Re: Anxiety As Nigeria’s Fresh 25 Oil Cargoes Await Buyers by speedyGonzales: 3:45pm On Oct 11, 2018
popsyleo1:
H

bros you get very excellent insights... thanks!
Re: Anxiety As Nigeria’s Fresh 25 Oil Cargoes Await Buyers by olabrad: 3:59pm On Oct 11, 2018
sarrki:
We should move away from the mentality of oil

You should have told that to buhari long ago. He took billions of dollars from the Nigerian economy to explore for oil in the North, and you were here praising him. I hope you can now see how myopic you are in your reasoning. Nothing had been discovered so far. The money has become a total waste Now.

Imagine if that money had been invested in agriculture. Just imagine.
Re: Anxiety As Nigeria’s Fresh 25 Oil Cargoes Await Buyers by Nobody: 4:43pm On Oct 11, 2018
Biafra restoration campaigns at works.

Any country that don't want to sink with Nigeria after Biafra restoration, stop any form of business transaction with Nigeria. Until Biafra is restored to resumes your business with the owners of oil Biafra direct.

For over 58 years Nigeria and it foreign thieves has been stealing Biafra resources to buying ammunition to killing Biafrans that are agitating for Biafra restoration through referendum.

Re: Anxiety As Nigeria’s Fresh 25 Oil Cargoes Await Buyers by CityNGR: 4:51pm On Oct 11, 2018
adioolayi:
Time to think deeply and go back to Agriculture.
Sentiments aside, PMB lead government is on the right track as far as AGRICULTURE is concerned.
Lifeless comment.

1 Like

Re: Anxiety As Nigeria’s Fresh 25 Oil Cargoes Await Buyers by Nobody: 5:07pm On Oct 11, 2018
pablobellins:
*IF THE BIBLE WERE TO BE WRITTEN IN OUR TIME, THE STORY OF ATIKU COULD HAVE BEEN THUS*

AN ACCOUNT OF THE TRIALS OF ATIKU THE SON OF ABUBAKAR

1. In the seventh year that king Obasanjo reigned over the kingdom, a great trouble broke out in the land. For when his time was come nigh that he may descend from the throne that he called unto himself noble men in the land.

2. And he declared unto them saying: "Now that my days on the throne are few, allow me therefore to rule over thee for another four years".

3. And he gathered together of them that maketh laws in the Red Chamber in the city of the king, and even unto they in the Green Chamber, that they may amend the books of the law to favour him.

4. But this thing grieved Atiku the son of Abubakar who was the king's deputy. And he said unto his master, "howbeit seekest thou to rule over the people for another term? sweareth not thou by the name of thy god to set me upon the throne after thee?

5. Practice thou not this great evil against me and against the kingdom for it is written in the books of the law that a king may not reign but for two terms which equal eight years''. But these words changeth not the heart of the king.

6. And Atiku conspired with the Governors of the provinces and of the men who maketh laws in the city of the great king and they rejected king Obasanjo that he may continually reign over the kingdom.

7. And the king was wrought with grave anger and he declared according to these words to Atiku the son of Abubakar saying, "because thou hath done this great evil unto me, thou shall no longer sit upon the throne of this kingdom even unto thy death".

8. When the son of Abubakar saw that the king favoureth him not, that he departed from the camp of the king by the name PDP, and pitched his tent in the camp of the king's adversaries by the name ACN that he may contend the throne of the kingdom.

9. And it came to pass that Governor Yaradua who ruleth over the province of Katsina found favour in the sight of king Obasanjo. And when the time was come for the appointment of the king that he defeated Atiku and was appointed and anointed king over the kingdom. And king Yaradua ruleth the kingdom with the fear of God. But his days as king was full of affliction.

10. And when king Yaradua gave up the ghost that Goodluck the son of Jonathan who siteth by his side as the deputy reigned after him. But when the time was come nigh that the son of Jonathan be appointed again that Atiku departed from the camp of the king's adversaries and entered into the king's camp that he may be appointed.

11 . But the son of Jonathan defeated Atiku again for he spake according to these words unto the people, "I feel thy pains brethren for I was once like thee. I wore no sandals on the soul of my feet in the years of my youth when seeketh I knowledge, for my parents were of little means". And the people loved him and appointed him.

12. And the host of the other camps were vexed with a great vexation. For sixteen years they made battle against the king's camp and hath not prevailed against it.

13. And a certain noble man by the name Audu the son of Ogbe declared unto the leaders of the camps that contended the throne with the king's camp saying: "howbeit thinkest thou in thy heart to prevail against the king's camp if comest thou not together as one?

14. Harken to my voice this day, come let us reason together that we may enlarge our coast and verily, verily I say unto thee, the throne of the kingdom shall be delivered into our hands.

15. Of the camps that came together that day to form the APC were ACN from the west, ANPP from the North and a part of APGA from the East of the kingdom. Even the unhappy in the camp of PDP crossed over into the camp too.

16. And Atiku the son of Abubakar departed again from the king's camp by the name PDP and entered into the camp of the king's adversaries that he may contend the throne.

17. But Mohammed the son of Buhari was favoured among them that seeketh the throne from the camp of the APC for he swore unto the leaders of the camp saying, "Behold brethren, I am full of age and my eyes are becoming dim, suffer me to ascend unto the throne for I shall only reign for four years". And Buhari was anointed king over the kingdom.

18. And it troubled the son of Abubakar in his heart that he was rejected as king again. But he saith in his heart, I shall be of long suffering and remain in this camp for I shall ascend unto the throne after the fourth year of king Buhari.

19. But it came to pass that as the end of the fourth year of king Buhari's reign was at hand that the advisers in the king's court said unto him, be of good courage, gird thy loins and present thyself to be appointed again to reign over the kingdom for another four years.

20. And when Atiku heard of these words that he was vexed with anger and he repenteth that he joined the APC.

21. And he said, "I shall arise and go back to PDP which is the camp of my youth. And I shall declare unto them, “I have sinned against thee and against God. Accept me this day that I may once again contend the throne in thy bosom”.

22. And on the twenty fourth day of the eleventh month of the year before a new king is appointed that Atiku the son of Abubakar departed from the camp of APC and joined the camp of his youth.

23. And there was great jubilation in the camp of PDP that day for they said, “Verily, the prodigal son returneth.

24. But they forgot that Aremu, the son of Obasanjo, who still sees himself as the King maker, will not approve of it.

Thou hath written well. May your wisdom expanded to thy generation. May thy generation lived to jubilate the returned of sovereign kingdom of Biafra.

1 Like

Re: Anxiety As Nigeria’s Fresh 25 Oil Cargoes Await Buyers by Nobody: 5:12pm On Oct 11, 2018
Jeezuzpick:
Our governments constantly refuse to diversify our economy. Rather they keep selling oil and inventing new ways of stealing the proceeds.

Gowon, OBJ, Shagari, Buhari, IBB, GEJ, PDP, APC una doh ooooo!

Way to go, guys!

wicked, selfish, greedy muhfuqrs.....

If they don't let Biafra be restored through peacefully referendum, we Biafrans citizens will neutralize Nigeria stealling points bit by bit.
Re: Anxiety As Nigeria’s Fresh 25 Oil Cargoes Await Buyers by dekins: 5:53pm On Oct 11, 2018
Oil and gas marketers that specialize in oil and gas marketing can help source for buyers of Nigeria crude oil. The real deal is having access to reputable and reliable oil and gas companies who are willing to work with oil and gas product marketers simply by making them end sellers mandate.
Re: Anxiety As Nigeria’s Fresh 25 Oil Cargoes Await Buyers by donemitex1: 9:03pm On Oct 11, 2018
Nice one but It is not yet complete. Now that Obasanjo has endorsed him, you have to update it.
pablobellins:
*IF THE BIBLE WERE TO BE WRITTEN IN OUR TIME, THE STORY OF ATIKU COULD HAVE BEEN THUS*

AN ACCOUNT OF THE TRIALS OF ATIKU THE SON OF ABUBAKAR

1. In the seventh year that king Obasanjo reigned over the kingdom, a great trouble broke out in the land. For when his time was come nigh that he may descend from the throne that he called unto himself noble men in the land.

2. And he declared unto them saying: "Now that my days on the throne are few, allow me therefore to rule over thee for another four years".

3. And he gathered together of them that maketh laws in the Red Chamber in the city of the king, and even unto they in the Green Chamber, that they may amend the books of the law to favour him.

4. But this thing grieved Atiku the son of Abubakar who was the king's deputy. And he said unto his master, "howbeit seekest thou to rule over the people for another term? sweareth not thou by the name of thy god to set me upon the throne after thee?

5. Practice thou not this great evil against me and against the kingdom for it is written in the books of the law that a king may not reign but for two terms which equal eight years''. But these words changeth not the heart of the king.

6. And Atiku conspired with the Governors of the provinces and of the men who maketh laws in the city of the great king and they rejected king Obasanjo that he may continually reign over the kingdom.

7. And the king was wrought with grave anger and he declared according to these words to Atiku the son of Abubakar saying, "because thou hath done this great evil unto me, thou shall no longer sit upon the throne of this kingdom even unto thy death".

8. When the son of Abubakar saw that the king favoureth him not, that he departed from the camp of the king by the name PDP, and pitched his tent in the camp of the king's adversaries by the name ACN that he may contend the throne of the kingdom.

9. And it came to pass that Governor Yaradua who ruleth over the province of Katsina found favour in the sight of king Obasanjo. And when the time was come for the appointment of the king that he defeated Atiku and was appointed and anointed king over the kingdom. And king Yaradua ruleth the kingdom with the fear of God. But his days as king was full of affliction.

10. And when king Yaradua gave up the ghost that Goodluck the son of Jonathan who siteth by his side as the deputy reigned after him. But when the time was come nigh that the son of Jonathan be appointed again that Atiku departed from the camp of the king's adversaries and entered into the king's camp that he may be appointed.

11 . But the son of Jonathan defeated Atiku again for he spake according to these words unto the people, "I feel thy pains brethren for I was once like thee. I wore no sandals on the soul of my feet in the years of my youth when seeketh I knowledge, for my parents were of little means". And the people loved him and appointed him.

12. And the host of the other camps were vexed with a great vexation. For sixteen years they made battle against the king's camp and hath not prevailed against it.

13. And a certain noble man by the name Audu the son of Ogbe declared unto the leaders of the camps that contended the throne with the king's camp saying: "howbeit thinkest thou in thy heart to prevail against the king's camp if comest thou not together as one?

14. Harken to my voice this day, come let us reason together that we may enlarge our coast and verily, verily I say unto thee, the throne of the kingdom shall be delivered into our hands.

15. Of the camps that came together that day to form the APC were ACN from the west, ANPP from the North and a part of APGA from the East of the kingdom. Even the unhappy in the camp of PDP crossed over into the camp too.

16. And Atiku the son of Abubakar departed again from the king's camp by the name PDP and entered into the camp of the king's adversaries that he may contend the throne.

17. But Mohammed the son of Buhari was favoured among them that seeketh the throne from the camp of the APC for he swore unto the leaders of the camp saying, "Behold brethren, I am full of age and my eyes are becoming dim, suffer me to ascend unto the throne for I shall only reign for four years". And Buhari was anointed king over the kingdom.

18. And it troubled the son of Abubakar in his heart that he was rejected as king again. But he saith in his heart, I shall be of long suffering and remain in this camp for I shall ascend unto the throne after the fourth year of king Buhari.

19. But it came to pass that as the end of the fourth year of king Buhari's reign was at hand that the advisers in the king's court said unto him, be of good courage, gird thy loins and present thyself to be appointed again to reign over the kingdom for another four years.

20. And when Atiku heard of these words that he was vexed with anger and he repenteth that he joined the APC.

21. And he said, "I shall arise and go back to PDP which is the camp of my youth. And I shall declare unto them, “I have sinned against thee and against God. Accept me this day that I may once again contend the throne in thy bosom”.

22. And on the twenty fourth day of the eleventh month of the year before a new king is appointed that Atiku the son of Abubakar departed from the camp of APC and joined the camp of his youth.

23. And there was great jubilation in the camp of PDP that day for they said, “Verily, the prodigal son returneth.

24. But they forgot that Aremu, the son of Obasanjo, who still sees himself as the King maker, will not approve of it.

1 Like

Re: Anxiety As Nigeria’s Fresh 25 Oil Cargoes Await Buyers by lexy2014: 11:44pm On Oct 11, 2018
adioolayi:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/269803-what-buhari-has-achieved-in-three-years-presidency.html

Are u sure u read d info in d link? Can u defend it or adequately have a discussion on it?
This what i was able to extract from d link as regards buharis achievement in agriculture.

It said yields from rice farming improved from 2-3 tonnes per hectare to as high as 5 – 6 tonnes per hectare.

The programme, it said, has also produced a model agricultural collaboration between Lagos and Kebbi States.

“Over N300 billion investments in the rice value chain. Between 2016 and 2018, eight new rice mills have come on-stream; and Nigeria’s paddy production and productivity has doubled compared to 2014 levels

“Nigeria’s milled rice production has increased from 2.5MT to about 4MT, and rice exports from Thailand to Nigeria dropped from 1.23 million MT in 2014 to 23,192 MT as of November 2017,” the document said.

From d above, it seems d only thing buhari has "achieved" in agriculture is rice. Is rice d only thing we have in agriculture. Agriculture has several areas like poultry, livestock, fisheries, food processing and agro allied, food storage. When it comes to crops there are all sorts, tubers, grains, vegetables & fruits, legumes...d list is endless. What did buhari achieve with all those? What is his report card?

Let's look at d so called achievement in rice production. D report says there's a collaboration between kebbi&Lagos state govts in rice production. They called it "lake rice". My brother I live in Lagos. I have never seen d rice with my eyes. I even live close 2d designated distribution centre in ajah. There's no lake rice there.

Where are d 8 rice mills that have come on stream located? When u even talk of local rice, I was eating local rice in Edo state b4 buhari came on board. I also no people in ebonyi have local rice. But I don't think there's any new mill in those states. So were are d mills? What's their capacity & were are their products?

Another lie from this govt is that local rice production has increased from "2.5MT to about 4MT, and rice exports from Thailand to Nigeria dropped from 1.23 million MT in 2014 to 23,192 MT". I don't no were u live but pls take a trip to market closest 2u and find out d kind of rice in d market. Despite all these cooked up figures, Nigerians are eating foreign rice. How can have these figures but we don't c d rice in d market? Its only in d news and on d internet that we hear that Nigeria is producing 4million MT of rice. Its only in d news that our rice import has reduced to 23000MT from 1.23million yet d only rice in d market is d same foreign rice.

My brother pls when this govt says something, do ur findings b4 u accept it cos much of it are lies. Also, refrain from believing d saying that this govt has provided food security. D question is did Nigeria ever have a food problem?

1 Like

Re: Anxiety As Nigeria’s Fresh 25 Oil Cargoes Await Buyers by wink2015(m): 4:12am On Oct 12, 2018
The best way forward for Nigeria is a total restructuring of our outdated federalism that was imposed on Nigeria by the military after the Major General Chukwuma Ironsi coup of 1966.

Our military styled federalism should be replaced with a restructured federalism that grant autonomy to the states to control their resources based on the principles of fiscal federalism.

There will not be bitterness today in the Niger delta region today if the federal government allow the region to control its crude oil and the wealth it generates and only pay taxes to the federal government.

Sharing the crude oil money from the Niger delta region and vat money generated by the Lagos state government will not help the growth of Nigeria or help the growth in the so called non oil producing state.

The federal government of Nigeria must drop this expensive presidential system of government to a cheaper model like the British Parliamentary system.

Instead of a bicameral legislature ( Senate and house of representatives ) we should go for a single legislative house. That will save Nigeria from the huge expenditures running both the upper or apex chamber and the lower chamber.

The national legislature should be run on part time to reduce the cost of governance.

The federal government should also take down the huge number of people under its payrolls.

Let more people go to work at their states and regional level.

On a final note, the content of the 2014 national conference report must be revisited and implemented.

That report contain several recommendations on the way forward for our ethnic co-existence and national growth and development.

If President Buhari thinks he can continue to keep that document in the archive and still think Nigeria can be run the way it is presently being managed. Then he is wrong.
Re: Anxiety As Nigeria’s Fresh 25 Oil Cargoes Await Buyers by udz: 4:14am On Oct 12, 2018
Stop wasting ur money on tithe or bribe to God, focus ur time and other resources on development and productivity. Nigerians!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APC Has No Achievement To Promote - Dele Momodu / Chairmanship: APC looks to Ganduje as Adamu’s replacement / Kogi 2023 Governorship Election Live Monitoring, Updates, and Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.