Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,026 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:52 PM

Online Vs Offline Store: Who Is Winning The Retail War? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Online Vs Offline Store: Who Is Winning The Retail War? (13855 Views)

How Much Nigerians Paid For LPG At The Retail End In The Month Of April 2021. / Online Businesses Vs Offline Business / Yudala Expands, Opens New Offline Store (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Online Vs Offline Store: Who Is Winning The Retail War? by miqos02(m): 1:30pm On Oct 16, 2018
Poop
Re: Online Vs Offline Store: Who Is Winning The Retail War? by OkutaNla: 1:31pm On Oct 16, 2018
Offline is still king. In naija people are not yet comfy about online shopping

2 Likes

Re: Online Vs Offline Store: Who Is Winning The Retail War? by millionboi2: 1:33pm On Oct 16, 2018
kirkwood:
Offline is the best. I can remember buying online from Chicken Republic and they cheated the hell out me.
buying goods online is not different from online pool
Re: Online Vs Offline Store: Who Is Winning The Retail War? by bluefilm: 1:37pm On Oct 16, 2018
Benscolari:
#what is this stupid anomaly for?
You've been going to every section to correct peoples tenses and all what not.
Does English look like our native bilingual language?
Is this how jobless you are?
You'd better channel your energy into doing something productive, than partake in nefarious and meaningless grammar check.
Grammar check my black as$ angry

Don't be a mentally lazy youth.

If you cannot write in good English, then why don't you write in your so called native bilingual language?

Sadly, I'm sure you can't even write in your so called native bilingual language correctly.

One way to easily discover idiots is to watch out for how such people react to corrections.

If you correct an intelligent person, s/he will take the correction and even thank you for enlightening him or her.

But if you correct a fool, s/he will get defensive immediately and start trying to either disprove you even when it obvious that s/he is in the wrong or start attacking you by the way of letting you know that you're not in the position to be making that correction.

I don't just know why and how we ended up having so many fools in this part of the world.

Nonsense. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Online Vs Offline Store: Who Is Winning The Retail War? by Ruhamah23(m): 1:42pm On Oct 16, 2018
Can you price products online grin
Re: Online Vs Offline Store: Who Is Winning The Retail War? by fedorahat: 1:42pm On Oct 16, 2018
Wrong analysis.
There is nothing like an online store.
You are either dropshipping, or you have a store you are marketing your wares online.

Jumia is a shop online, not an online shop.
Re: Online Vs Offline Store: Who Is Winning The Retail War? by qanda: 1:43pm On Oct 16, 2018
Depends
Re: Online Vs Offline Store: Who Is Winning The Retail War? by RichDad1(m): 1:43pm On Oct 16, 2018
I believe it’s the traffic stores cheesy
Re: Online Vs Offline Store: Who Is Winning The Retail War? by laivwire(m): 1:52pm On Oct 16, 2018
hjnk
Re: Online Vs Offline Store: Who Is Winning The Retail War? by wonlasewonimi: 1:52pm On Oct 16, 2018
Ruhamah23:

Yes you can on ebay...

When a whole enterprise infrastructure can be provisioned online as a code, it's a no brainer.

The overhead is killing the physical stores...they have to pay rent, staff, utilities and insurance. If you can host your online store on the cloud, you only pay as you go.
Re: Online Vs Offline Store: Who Is Winning The Retail War? by JuanDeDios: 2:08pm On Oct 16, 2018
Benscolari:
#what is this stupid anomaly for?
You've been going to every section to correct peoples tenses and all what not.
Does English look like our native bilingual language?
Is this how jobless you are?
You'd better channel your energy into doing something productive, than partake in nefarious and meaningless grammar check.
Grammar check my black as$ angry
Haba! Take it easy naa. Life is not too serious like that. I like the way he focuses on the grammar when everyone else is focusing on something else in the story. If there was no GrammarNazi1, I'd ask that we create one. smiley

3 Likes

Re: Online Vs Offline Store: Who Is Winning The Retail War? by Owutuotuo(m): 2:11pm On Oct 16, 2018
The article is informative but I think something needs to be specified to appropriate individual views. Opinions would have been expressed based on the perspective of a producer/supplier and/or that of the consumer/demander. The consumer may say, "online shopping is convenient for me but I'm not willing to risk being served with fake products or low quality service owing to integrity issues of online stores. Thus, I prefer to physical stores."
A supplier may want to avoid the overheads of rent, workforce, power, risk of being burgled and so on, but still go on to see challenges with distribution, keen competition, data charges, and some other huge costs.
So I think the choice is subjective based on individuals' position in the value chain.

1 Like

Re: Online Vs Offline Store: Who Is Winning The Retail War? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Oct 16, 2018
pinkApril:
well I dunno who is winning..... all I know is that I had to close my offline store to go into online business cos I could no longer afford the rent.
now I have 6 staffs I pay 30k monthly... no tax,no shop rent and I have enough time to spend with family and love ones....
Jaminsi.
Re: Online Vs Offline Store: Who Is Winning The Retail War? by AkinseteK(m): 2:22pm On Oct 16, 2018
nice article online is winning
Re: Online Vs Offline Store: Who Is Winning The Retail War? by talk2emma: 2:23pm On Oct 16, 2018
It depends tho hia in uae online is the best
Re: Online Vs Offline Store: Who Is Winning The Retail War? by Benscolari: 2:24pm On Oct 16, 2018
JuanDeDios:

Haba! Take it easy naa. Life is not too serious like that. I like the way he focuses on the grammar when everyone else is focusing on something else in the story. If there was no GrammarNazi1, I'd ask that we create one. smiley
#Only unproductive people engage in such meaningless frivolity.
He doesn't have a life outside nairaland undecided
Re: Online Vs Offline Store: Who Is Winning The Retail War? by bamac(m): 2:29pm On Oct 16, 2018
Even the online stores still depend on the offline stores, offline stores are the vendors. Increasing visibility is the essence of being a vendor.
Re: Online Vs Offline Store: Who Is Winning The Retail War? by Grupo(m): 2:57pm On Oct 16, 2018
Josh44s:

Look at this f00l. Which online business? Online businesses is a sham in Nigeria due to highcost of internet access in Nigeria. Change the nature of your job my friend.

You are so ignorant. If you had said that online business is hard in Nigeria because buying training courses or materials is costly in Nigeria because of the high dollar rate, I would have agreed with you. But saying that the high cost of internet is an impediment to online business means you are so ignorant. Change your circle. Well, I don't know what you mean by online business.
Re: Online Vs Offline Store: Who Is Winning The Retail War? by lawrence35(m): 3:00pm On Oct 16, 2018
If your business is not online in this century, it's either you only service locals and sell small...

Also you can start dropshipping from AliExpress and sell to any part of the world.

See my signature to start or send a WhatsApp message to 090 50033 743
Re: Online Vs Offline Store: Who Is Winning The Retail War? by GeorgeTheCoder: 3:00pm On Oct 16, 2018
dominique:
Offline in this part of the world

For now, maybe. It will change in 10 years or less.
Re: Online Vs Offline Store: Who Is Winning The Retail War? by Nfora: 3:02pm On Oct 16, 2018
kirkwood:
Offline is the best. I can remember buying online from Chicken Republic and they cheated the hell out me.

Why buy chicken online?

The best items to buy online are brand new electronic products and phones.Same risk( for the buyer)with offline.

check out phonemart.com.ng

1 Like

Re: Online Vs Offline Store: Who Is Winning The Retail War? by Innogee: 3:03pm On Oct 16, 2018
Online store is better if you have control of your customers. That's if your customers contact you directly and not through third parties like Jumia. Jumia reaps off their vendors and Jumia even have their own stores on that same Jumia platform. They monitor high selling products from individual stores and add them to their store. Then they reduce the price of that same product and entice buyers with free shipping. They bring in vendors, steal their high selling products, add to their store and discourage the vendor with penalties and volume limitations. Sometimes, they penalize the vendor for no reason and call it software issues. After a while, they drop your score, which should reflect your performance and boost reputation. They use your money to trade, even give loans and pay the vendor when they dim it fit. I advise you strive to have your own presence online and not through third party. This will help you build your personal customer base which Jumia can never give you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Online Vs Offline Store: Who Is Winning The Retail War? by rOsy247(f): 3:06pm On Oct 16, 2018
Ruhamah23:

Yes on Alibaba.
Re: Online Vs Offline Store: Who Is Winning The Retail War? by baratech: 3:21pm On Oct 16, 2018
Having a business that's not online is like having a phone without simcard...

Get affordable professional website for your business.

Contact us for all IT Solutions you need.
Re: Online Vs Offline Store: Who Is Winning The Retail War? by kadree(m): 3:22pm On Oct 16, 2018
For the ladies, 'cizzle_store' on IG is where you would love be.
They are very legit.
Re: Online Vs Offline Store: Who Is Winning The Retail War? by Arkmanbuddy(m): 3:24pm On Oct 16, 2018
Abbeyme:
Here is it!

Click LIKE for Online.

Click SHARE for offline.

Let the WAR start!

Sharap there, you freak! How many likes have you gotten?
Re: Online Vs Offline Store: Who Is Winning The Retail War? by GrammarNazi1(m): 4:03pm On Oct 16, 2018
Benscolari:
...Nairaland.
Re: Online Vs Offline Store: Who Is Winning The Retail War? by GrammarNazi1(m): 4:04pm On Oct 16, 2018
Benscolari:
...Nairaland.

JuanDeDios

cheesy

1 Like

Re: Online Vs Offline Store: Who Is Winning The Retail War? by GrammarNazi1(m): 4:07pm On Oct 16, 2018
troubleseller:
The guys' moniker is GrammarNazi1. What do you expect?
Some people are far less intelligent than they think they really are. The guy you quoted is a perfect example.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ecobank Asks FBN To Reject Otudeko’s Share Acquisition / FCCPC Shuts Chinese Supermarket Over Discrimination In Abuja / Share Your Experiences Trying To Withdraw New Naira Notes As 31st Deadline Nears

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.