Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

Atiku In A Closed-Door Meeting With Obasanjo - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku In A Closed-Door Meeting With Obasanjo (23801 Views)

Tinubu Invites Shekarau To A Closed Door Meeting / Osun PDP Leaders After A Closed-Door Meeting Held In Oyinlola's Country Home / Saraki In Closed Door Meeting With Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku In A Closed-Door Meeting With Obasanjo by Alphagan(m): 4:40pm On Oct 11, 2018
Carlyscales:

So what is the way forward?

It's obvious we can't continue with Baba!

Why should we youths leave a Moghalu for either Atiku or Buhari? Are we not tired of recycling these old cargoes that contributed to the gory state of our land?
Re: Atiku In A Closed-Door Meeting With Obasanjo by 12345DKO(m): 5:13pm On Oct 11, 2018
Alphagan:
Nigeria should not be stuck in the past. Relying on this old cargo to navigate our political ship at this material time has taught me something, Nigerians don't know their history. Obj brought Shagari to power, Shagari was a political disaster, a deeply corrupt man whose perceived romance with corruption led to the coup that destabilized our nascent democracy. Obj brought a sick Yaradua and his administration almost led Nigeria to a civil war when his kinsmen preferred an incapacitated Yaradua to his vice. Then came GEJ, it is no news that Jonathan was a monumental failure, a weak and clueless president. As if the insult wasn't enough, Obj engineered the ascendancy of Buhari to power. Buhari, a lifeless tyrant, ethnic and religious bigot, an incompetent oaf. If Obj didn't get it right with Shagari, Yaradua, Jonathan and Buhari, tell me, why should we be depending on him for support and political direction?
Oga, Nigeria's best president so far still remains Yaradua The only thing that made him not do much more was the sickness he had which eventually took his life.
But the rest I agree with you were failures including the man occupying Aso rock now
Re: Atiku In A Closed-Door Meeting With Obasanjo by Basher8583: 7:34pm On Oct 11, 2018
The concept behind the Atiku media.
Make noise
Make a hell of a noise on social media to make it seem like the whole Nigeria approves of Atiku.
The end game is to look for sympathy when he is beaten in the elections while sighting "election was rigged. Atiku was more popular"

Face it guys. Your choice of candidate is pdps downfall.
Re: Atiku In A Closed-Door Meeting With Obasanjo by Carlyscales: 7:43pm On Oct 11, 2018
Alphagan:

Why should we youths leave a Moghalu for either Atiku or Buhari? Are we not tired of recycling these old cargoes that contributed to the gory state of our land?
I understand ur passion, patriotism and line of reasoning.
U are in the ideal world but the reality is as illustrated below:

In this election any vote that is not for PDP, is a vote for Buhari.

I've lived, schooled n worked in all parts of Nigeria. I can tell u that the block votes of northern n southern followers of Buhari will remain intact. In short ever try convincing a supporter of Buhari

But it's d vote of most Nigerians (me n u) that are fed up with Buhari that will be divided amongst Moghalu, Sowore, Ezekwesili, Durotoye etc
How

Infact how many of these mushroom political parties have any meaningful structures in d North. They should go to the North and converse for votes now( after all NW has the highest no of eligible voters naa)

Now looking at Moghalu and others sef.
They wants to rule Nigeria but can't even amongst themselves get a consensus candidate for maximum impact at the pools. Even their umpire Oby is now also contesting.

With all due respect to them none of these parties have what it takes to dislodge Buhari in 2019. They may be serious n patrioticoo, with capacity as well oo. But there coming out now is foolish.

Just look at d results in Edo, Ekiti n Osun it's still PDP n APC. Even SDP that made some impact in Osun was all about Omisore than SDP. That's y when it came to selling votes he went ahead and sold to d highest bidder with any regards or respect to d natl leadership of SDP.

The ideal is that with Moghalu, Oby, Datti Ahmed etc as president n our leaders. Nigeria will turn around. But the reality is that Nigerians are not moved by ideas but by their needs n stomachs. And u can't expect more with the level of poverty in this country. Poor people are simply moved by their stomachs and so is Nigerians period.

But the way forward is simple:
If Buhari n APC Know that Nigerians can reject them after 4yrs, will they be denying promises they made B4 elections n taking Nigerians for granted
So I say since the nijja politicians don't owe allegiance to any party ideologies. Let us keep changing them (party n presidents)

PDP failed we sent them packing. Now APC has failed let's booth them out n bring back PDP. If Atiku fails send him packing n bring back APC. If every of our politicians know that they can loose after 4yrs. No one will tell them to sit up n deliver good governance period.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yobe To Buy 2 TVs, 2 Air Conditioners For N300M; N210M For Graveyards, Mosques / FG To Increase VAT To 10% / Shehu Sani Advises Tinubu To Learn From Abiola’s Travails

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.