Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,517 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

Osita Chidoka: Atiku's Likely Running Mate. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osita Chidoka: Atiku's Likely Running Mate. (70188 Views)

Osita Chidoka: Atiku Won’t Apologise For ‘yoruba, Igbo President’ Comment / Likely Running Mate To Tinubu If He Picks APC Ticket / Atiku, Osita Chidoka, Oyedepo, Kukah, Sheik Gumi Inside Atiku's Jet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osita Chidoka: Atiku's Likely Running Mate. by brospeace: 8:19am On Oct 12, 2018
otukpo:

Ekiti and Osun are not a good reference. APC did not win those election with clear margins. Besides, their cases are still in court.
whaoo I like this ur reply infact am from osun APC did not win at all

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Osita Chidoka: Atiku's Likely Running Mate. by papascode: 8:19am On Oct 12, 2018
otukpo:
Atiku need to pick a running mate from the South West. That will give him an easy ride to Aso rock come 2019.

Already, the Northern votes will go to Atiku 70%
The South Eastern / South South votes will go to Atiku 90%

North central votes 90%

Where Buhari still has many sympathizers is in the South West. And that is mainly for Osibanjo.

A strong credible candidate for vp slot from the South West will scatter their votes

The South East can be given Secretary to the government. That will do for the region for now.

The collective target for now should be to send Buhari back to Daura.

Shut up woman!

2 Likes

Re: Osita Chidoka: Atiku's Likely Running Mate. by IamAtikulate: 8:19am On Oct 12, 2018
erico2k2:

if Atiku is wise, he better target a Lagosian as running mate, thats the only way he will win.If he picks anybody from the south or East He loses.U can quote me on this o ne anytime.
You guys ain't smelling anything. Lagos my foot. Marginal win in Anambra in the last election is more than the win than all the SW states combined.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osita Chidoka: Atiku's Likely Running Mate. by Buterflyle0: 8:20am On Oct 12, 2018
otukpo:
Atiku need to pick a running mate from the South West. That will give him an easy ride to Aso rock come 2019.

Already, the Northern votes will go to Atiku 70%
The South Eastern / South South votes will go to Atiku 90%

North central votes 90%

Where Buhari still has many sympathizers is in the South West. And that is mainly for Osibanjo.

A strong credible candidate for vp slot from the South West will scatter their votes

The South East can be given Secretary to the government. That will do for the region for now.

The collective target for now should be to send Buhari back to Daura.

What did you smoke this morning to be thinking that the northern votes will go to Atiku 70% cheesy

Abeg wake up from this your fantasy.

Atiku / PDP already lost 2019 since 2015.

1 Like

Re: Osita Chidoka: Atiku's Likely Running Mate. by funkemary(f): 8:20am On Oct 12, 2018
looters choke among these presidential candidates. oh God please save Nigeria with your mercy
Re: Osita Chidoka: Atiku's Likely Running Mate. by erico2k2(m): 8:21am On Oct 12, 2018
IamAtikulate:

Do you know the win in Anambra is more than the win in all the SW states combined?
How did you xpect him to win in the SW when the SW is APC
the only way to steal the voted tehre is to pick from there, Igbo race is not ready for a FG NIgeria yet as it stands.
Re: Osita Chidoka: Atiku's Likely Running Mate. by Carlyscales: 8:21am On Oct 12, 2018
Doerstech:

This is strange but then who in Lagos? is it Agbaje or Ambode?

Noo
We need Agbaje to do many things to Tinubu n Samwo in 2019
Re: Osita Chidoka: Atiku's Likely Running Mate. by Doerstech(m): 8:21am On Oct 12, 2018
Carlyscales:

Guy u don finish talk here abeg!
Chidoka is only fit for ministerial appointment of head of an MDA jare

Exactly bro
Re: Osita Chidoka: Atiku's Likely Running Mate. by papascode: 8:22am On Oct 12, 2018
ariesbull:

Atiku has learnt his lesson by Jonathan that gave the Yoruba man the campaign machinery...the man is FFK and guess what...the SW man couldn't even deliver the state

Okay before we take SW serious...show us one local government that has PDP in South west presently.

Yoruba should understand that they don't have political asset ...the Hausa told them during the time Buhari won and that it's fact

Don't worry, the christian Yoruba would vote PDP

You don't reap where you don't sow! When wyiu were shouting Sai Baba. Up and down ..you thought we don't take notice

This is the beginning...the way they chances you from PDP would tell you that here in South we talk about SE and SS

Without south south and south east PDP WAS DEAD. God Bless you bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osita Chidoka: Atiku's Likely Running Mate. by Carlyscales: 8:22am On Oct 12, 2018
AgentGoat:
Atiku's VP will be from south west continue making noise.
Who naa apart from Adeshina ( who will likely not accept) that has d necessary clout
Re: Osita Chidoka: Atiku's Likely Running Mate. by erico2k2(m): 8:23am On Oct 12, 2018
NIGHTMARE0O7:

This is the most lame a an d worst advice I have seen on this topic.
U mean same Lagosians that have put their brains inside the dirty boxers of just one man.
Tinubu
And owing to that fact that YORUBAS can't be trusted so can go against him anytime
Going along with him the brain of all YORUBAS undecided

I don't think Atiku is that dump to make such decision
make we sidon look nahhh,U 4got it was still the votes frm teh Se GEJ came to be,.You think people like Tinibu realy cares about anyone else rather themselves ans he areas of interest?
Re: Osita Chidoka: Atiku's Likely Running Mate. by baysol: 8:25am On Oct 12, 2018
CsRockefeller:
Its very likely that Osita Chidoka will be picked as Atiku's running mate and these points buttress my opinion.

1. Osita has been a son to Obj since 2009 when he appointed him to head the FRSC. Most events at OOPL Abeokuta always had Osita in attendance and a close sit with Baba.

2. Obj in recent times has clamoured for the South East to get a bite at the national cake especially the presidency.

3. Osita has been unusually close with Atiku's in recent times.

4. With the recent blessing from Baba he will want to have an input into Atiku's government and who better to represent him than Osita.

This is not leaving out the intellectual sagacity of Osita and his innovative ideas, he's young and relatively experienced in politics, he will be the best fit going forward.
Warisdis, Definitely definitely and most definitely the Igbos have an hidden agenda that they think is hidden but is obvious to all good Nigerians. Talk of the Ostrich that burry his head in sand thinking no one sees him. make una kotinue.

1 Like

Re: Osita Chidoka: Atiku's Likely Running Mate. by Doerstech(m): 8:26am On Oct 12, 2018
erico2k2:

Nah he realy does not need to be a career politician ie Our present VP comes to mind.Its just a way of pulling votes.WHy do you think PMB chose Osimbanjo?

Bro just drop one NAME....just one

1 Like

Re: Osita Chidoka: Atiku's Likely Running Mate. by IamAtikulate: 8:26am On Oct 12, 2018
erico2k2:

How did you xpect him to win in the SW when the SW is APC
the only way to steal the voted tehre is to pick from there, Igbo race is not ready for a FG NIgeria yet as it stands.
You are a bittered soul. Your next VP is an Igbo man and then afterwards your President.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osita Chidoka: Atiku's Likely Running Mate. by Bianda24: 8:27am On Oct 12, 2018
There is this guy I know, his name is Chiwetala Innocent, he is a graduate of Classics with a first class, he will do well as Vice President. Atikulated Atiku, please pick this man.
Re: Osita Chidoka: Atiku's Likely Running Mate. by Jokkarm2: 8:28am On Oct 12, 2018
Picking Osita is not a problem, the problem is does he have economic knowledge that can help boast Nigeria economy to compete with countries like china, japan america etc. i think OKOJO Iwuala has the best economic reform knowledge having work in different ministries both local and international.

whatever we are doing now should be best or nothing because our country has to come back to a situation where our citizens should have confidence and other countries will be applying to come to nigeria to live not just to do business.
Re: Osita Chidoka: Atiku's Likely Running Mate. by jpmoriarti(m): 8:29am On Oct 12, 2018
Nobody needs SE votes to win presidential election in Nigeria. Anyone who aligns with them will definitely lose because SE are very emotional group of people. Emotions don't get you anywhere in politics. Only decisive planning does.

4 Likes

Re: Osita Chidoka: Atiku's Likely Running Mate. by babajeje123(m): 8:30am On Oct 12, 2018
Bgetto:
Somebody wrote :
#ATIKU Vs #BUHARI's Performance In the #Northeast!

Atiku's performance In Northeast As
Vice President- 8 Years are as follows:

1. American University of Nigeria
2. AUN Hotels
3. ABTI Printing Press
4. ABTI Schools
5.Gotel Radio/FM/TV
6.Rigo Gado Animal Feeds
5. Atiku Farms

Atiku has done great with these his personal investments.

Buhari's 2+ Years Presidency Performance In North East

1. Reconstruction of Gombe-Yola Road- ongoing

2. Rehabilitation of Bauchi-Gombe Road- ongoing

3.Reconstruction of Gombe-Biu Road- contract awarded

4. Completion of Kano-Maiduguri Expressway- ongoing

5. Reconstruction of Numan-Jalingo road- contract awarded

6. Rehabilitation of Mayo Belwa- Toungo Road- Contract to be awarded.

6. Mambila Plateau HydroElectric Dam- Fund Sourced; work to commenced after more than 35 years of conception.

7. Northeast Development Commission - Bill Signed in to Law/fund provided in the 2017 budget

8. Defeat of Boko Haram and the gradual return of IDPs to their communities

9. The return of the search for oil in Bauchi and Lake Chad

10. Chief of Staff to the President- Northeast

11. Chief of Army Staff- Northeast

12.Chief of Air Staff-Northeast

13. National Security Adviser- Northeast

14.SSA Domestic Affairs- Northeast

15. Comptroller General Customs- Northeast

16. SGF- Northeast

17. GMD, NNPC- Northeast

18. INEC Chairman- Northeast

19. MD, AMCON- Northeast

20. Chairman, National Insurance Commission- Northeast

21. EFCC Chairman- Northeast

22. DG, NOA- Northeast

23. MD FAAN- Northeast

24. DG, ASCON- Northeast.

Be the Judge and let's shame the copied
All I see here is lies and nepotism.
Re: Osita Chidoka: Atiku's Likely Running Mate. by Boyooosa(m): 8:32am On Oct 12, 2018
Doerstech:
Yes, but he won't become even if Atiku goes East for VP..he needs someone with more clout

So it will be either of

Ngozi

Peter Obi

Soludo

or

Adesina.,....(SW)

It will be any of these 4...

I have nothing against youthful Chidoka who will definitely represent the SE well...but aside youthfulness where else does he fit into the criteria lay down for Atiku VP? on the economy and international reach? that's where NOI, Obi, Soludo and Adesina comes in....
Post of VP in the electioneering period does not really require that much fame or popularity, osinbajo was not very popular as at 2015 and buhari still won the race. Infact, some people were calling him a mere commissioner!
That being mentioned, osita might be unpopular but coming from SE is a strategy for the nation to position itself for greatness, easy transitional process and adequate handing over come 2023 if you know what I mean.
I don't want to hear all these popular names Abeg, they are just famous but of no reqiured result in eventuality. Osita or what's he called can use that position to gain more experience and expand his coast but must be loyal to his boss. That was the reason I hated Atiku but since obj has forgiven, who am I to be adamant even though, they are all untrustworthy but buhari has not helped me to hate them more.
Still on osita; NOI would have been my preferred candidate but I dont think Nigeria is ready for ladies show for now. We are not mature for now. Me am not placing my hope on Atiku seriously or his tenure if he emerges as the president come 2019 but the person he is handing over to come 2023 matters more to me. Apart from coming from the SE, he/she must be very strong, charismatic and ruthless.
NOI is not ruthless, she is soft hearted, she is a mum.
She displayed that in 2011 January during the crisis of fuel subsidy removal, she was convincing Nigerians through a means of emotions but eventually, there was no positive result in what they campaigned for back then. She was a loyal person to her boss but sanusi needed to hit the nail on the head at a point in time. Mama Taraba is also an example of people that can confront the useless and reckless frontiers we claim to have in Nigeria.
Seriously, we need to detach from those old cargoes and foot a new flag and the process might start with this guy. All he needs to do is to start taking course on good leadership all around the world, from now. And you will find out that the messiahic prowess lies in him.

1 Like

Re: Osita Chidoka: Atiku's Likely Running Mate. by erico2k2(m): 8:33am On Oct 12, 2018
IamAtikulate:

You are a bittered soul. Your next VP is an Igbo man and then afterwards your President.
ahah U dnt get it do you,Even people from my state and the whole of the SS are not ready, let alone Igbo, let me enlighten you a bit, name one party that you have an Igbo man spearheading? as we speak even PDP is held together by Wike as we can see from rescent events.Igbos should grow thier own party I think you have one or two, grow it and make it appealing to other ethnic minorities, then you stand a chance, but in PDP and APC, Igbos do not stand a chance.Now this is matured reasoning,I hold no grudge against the Igbo but I think this is the best path for teh Igbos,

3 Likes

Re: Osita Chidoka: Atiku's Likely Running Mate. by NIGHTMARE0O7: 8:35am On Oct 12, 2018
erico2k2:

make we sidon look nahhh,U 4got it was still the votes frm teh Se GEJ came to be,.You think people like Tinibu realy cares about anyone else rather themselves ans he areas of interest?

So u now saying Lagosians vote are the reason he becomes president?
When he got blocked votes from SE and SS people?
U also forgot that 40% of lagosians are igbos and other tribes. ?
Why are u people like this undecided

2 Likes

Re: Osita Chidoka: Atiku's Likely Running Mate. by gurnam: 8:36am On Oct 12, 2018
genternity:

Hey mr. Man,this ur analogy is out off point because 40% of SW register voters is consists of Igbos especially Lagos

Show us that voters register in Lagos that contain 40% Ibos

1 Like

Re: Osita Chidoka: Atiku's Likely Running Mate. by livelymatilda22: 8:36am On Oct 12, 2018
CsRockefeller:

We voted for PDP for 16 years even when they gave us nothing, because it was the right thing to do.

Now SW will do the same, because its the right thing to do, VP or no VP.
What are you going to do if Atiku should eventually picks his running mate from South west?
Re: Osita Chidoka: Atiku's Likely Running Mate. by erico2k2(m): 8:36am On Oct 12, 2018
Doerstech:

Bro just drop one NAME....just one
This person does not need to be a Known person, just as our present VP was not known in 2015.He could be a Proff from Unilag who is a member of PDP.The fact is this, people frm teh SW will not vote forAtiku if the VP is frm teh SE but the SE will vote for Atiku if the vp is from teh SW,this is fact!there lies Politics, B4 you start screaming Afonja, Im from Delta state.
Re: Osita Chidoka: Atiku's Likely Running Mate. by wiseass: 8:37am On Oct 12, 2018
CsRockefeller:

We voted for PDP for 16 years even when they gave us nothing, because it was the right thing to do.

Now SW will do the same, because its the right thing to do, VP or no VP.

BRAVO!! I love that mind set, I hope more Nigerians will adopt your minds set instead of the whole regional mentality

3 Likes

Re: Osita Chidoka: Atiku's Likely Running Mate. by livelymatilda22: 8:39am On Oct 12, 2018
IamAtikulate:

What will you do of Atiku picks his VP from South west? Nothing is impossible.
Re: Osita Chidoka: Atiku's Likely Running Mate. by KoeChz(m): 8:39am On Oct 12, 2018
BigIyanga:

How many PDP stalwarts can deliver their wards snd LGs in the SWest? Fayose and Adeleke lost.
the elections were obviously rigged and we are seeking redress in the court of law already. I can assure you pdp is winning osun state. Out of the 800k accredited electorate in osun apc got only 250k wc is meager 30% of the otes
Re: Osita Chidoka: Atiku's Likely Running Mate. by erico2k2(m): 8:40am On Oct 12, 2018
NIGHTMARE0O7:

So u now saying Lagosians vote are the reason he becomes president?
When he got blocked votes from SE and SS people?
U also forgot that 40% of lagosians are igbos and other tribes. ?
Why are u people like this undecided
U keep 4getting when I talk about lagos, Im talking about the whole SW, Ondo,Ogun etc,.I have been in Lagos now for 2 weeks and lodged arround the political alley of lagos state,if U know ALausa very well Im sitting opp the scetariat,I can hear the gossips in the Barracks here,Even teh baracks where drinking beer 2 days B4 the Governor lost the prymarries.People of teh SW are not as silly as U may think.I also know the people of SE aint silly either!But this is Politics Logic only works not common sense
Re: Osita Chidoka: Atiku's Likely Running Mate. by xpool(m): 8:43am On Oct 12, 2018
Doerstech:
Yes, but he won't become even if Atiku goes East for VP..he needs someone with more clout

So it will be either of

Ngozi

Peter Obi

Soludo

or

Adesina.,....(SW)

I have nothing against youthful Chidoka who will definitely represent the SE well...but aside youthfulness where else does he fit into the criteria lay down for Atiku VP? on the economy and international reach? that's where NOI, Obi, Soludo and Adesina comes in....
Nobody has cult-followership in the east.
No easterner has such clout that you implied, south east is peculiar. it is an acephalous region. The only easterner that enjoyed such followerhip and acceptance across five eastern states recently, was Nnamdi KANU, but he is no politician.
Any high profile name form the east that is not openly opposed to restructuring or Biafra, could sell.

1 Like

Re: Osita Chidoka: Atiku's Likely Running Mate. by gurnam: 8:44am On Oct 12, 2018
IamAtikulate:

If only noise and insults can give Presidency, igbos would have been President now, but noise and insult don’t..what gives Presidency is having the required numbers.

You have virtually turned yourselves into enemies of everyone and nobody can trust you with sensitive political posts again.

This is Atiku Dilemma.

1 Like

Re: Osita Chidoka: Atiku's Likely Running Mate. by bigpicture001: 8:44am On Oct 12, 2018
a big mustake...if it's true,then.he shld say bye bye to southwest votes..he will certainly lose there
Re: Osita Chidoka: Atiku's Likely Running Mate. by surgical: 8:44am On Oct 12, 2018
Doerstech:

So it will be either of

Ngozi

Peter Obi

Soludo

or

Adesina.,....(SW)

Southwest can't have it so all you should drop the idea,1you are mostly APC 2, you've just been president,VP allow other region it's the turn of the east,they learn as a VP preparatory to taking over

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Old Is Tinubu's First Daughter, I Am Checking Something / Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter / All The Political Gladiators In Lagos Closing Ranks In Bourdillon (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.