Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,117 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate (105299 Views)

A Nigerian Taxi Driver Picks Peter Obi In UK, Drives Him Free Of Charge (Photos) / If PDP Picks Peter Obi.... - Reno Omokri / Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by alexvatt(m): 6:08pm On Oct 12, 2018
What happened in 2015 between Buhari and GEJ will repeat itself in 2019 between Buhari and Atiku.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by olufolarin2222: 6:09pm On Oct 12, 2018
Inec is the problem we have now in Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by brenister10: 6:10pm On Oct 12, 2018
Biggty:
Atiku and PDP would have stand a chance if they made a better choice by picking a more popular VP candidate, with this combo they will lose woefully next year.

Congratulations to APC in advance

For your mind. You are being worried with the fear of the unknown
Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by Nobody: 6:12pm On Oct 12, 2018
somehow:
And how does that count against their opponents apart from Sowore?

Dont know of any of their opponents having a worldclass business here in Nigeria.

If Nigeria fails, their business fails aswell.
Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by bolafez(m): 6:13pm On Oct 12, 2018
Biggty:
Atiku and PDP would have stand a chance if they made a better choice by picking a more popular VP candidate, with this combo they will lose woefully next year.

how many Nigerians know prof Yemi Osinbajo in 2013?
Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by profeazy: 6:15pm On Oct 12, 2018
Ziggylady:

You are right,but i dont agree that Igbo will vote for Atiku if he had picked a SW

...I can assure you that a number of those ready to vote Atiku would stay at home on election day if he did not pick someone from SE and that includes me.

...That will surely see buhari easily coasting to victory
It is dangerous to take people for granted like that..least of all Igbos

I won't have voted and I would have cause fight in my compund on election day so no one goes to vote. We will all end up in police station. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by Kaetoh: 6:16pm On Oct 12, 2018
WhyMoD:
E pain them.
Greedy set of people..
They have APC VP but still be crying for PDP VP
stop the division.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by Rynne: 6:16pm On Oct 12, 2018
Personally, I think there must have been a lot of meetings and consultations with all stakeholders in PDP,before the choice of Peter Obi was chosen. I pray it all end well and at the end of it all Nigeria and Nigerians should be the winners in this game.
Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by afamaustin(m): 6:17pm On Oct 12, 2018
Is becoming intrestine
Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by Naijaguy12345(m): 6:20pm On Oct 12, 2018
masinga07:
Am from the west but honestly i would have been surprised if Atiku had pick his VP candidate from SW. He has done what is right and i can assure the Easterners that in this battle, You will never walk alone. Atiku/Obi ticket is not to redeem the east alone but Nigeria. East deserves this more than the West because if not for the SE/SS there wont be any PDP again in the first place.
Omo ale jatijati .

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by tiwiex(m): 6:22pm On Oct 12, 2018
Biggty:

Was Osinbanjo popular? Look at the guys CV and vote wisely. Atiku just sacrificed politics for performance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by ndubueze92(m): 6:25pm On Oct 12, 2018
tayebest:

That's the only people supporting him na! After all, they've never support success! cheesy grin
Mediocre person.
Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by ogene007: 6:25pm On Oct 12, 2018
masinga07:
Am from the west but honestly i would have been surprised if Atiku had pick his VP candidate from SW. He has done what is right and i can assure the Easterners that in this battle, You will never walk alone. Atiku/Obi ticket is not to redeem the east alone but Nigeria. East deserves this more than the West because if not for the SE/SS there wont be any PDP again in the first place.
Na your papa born you. Your head correct wella!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by Nobody: 6:25pm On Oct 12, 2018
masinga07:

Even though am pro buhari & I don't like atiku much, but am thinking of voting him due to this Peter obi guy, his credentials are marvelous honestly
Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by Elliot2(m): 6:27pm On Oct 12, 2018
what if on that d-day the northerners decide to shun tribalism n all d ranchor with d east to vote peter obi enmass ,n therefore leaving d other on d island alone? #2019 blackbuster.
Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by Felixv: 6:29pm On Oct 12, 2018
jlinkd78:
Great combo. Peter Obi is a very shrewd financial manager often seen as tight fisted in some quarters, a rare attribute seen in modern day politicians . He is a very prudent dispenser when it comes to doling out money and this his quality will help to moderate and modulate any perceived financial recklessness that an Atiku might bring on. Atiku has by this first salvo won a lot of admiration from those that really want this Nigerian experiment to work. Thumb up for this selection which has shown that truly d economy has a bright outlook.

Economy with no infrastructure- no lights for industries, no good roads to move goods around

This combo looks more like the return of buy and sell to me. Voodoo economic.

But, hey you guys finally have something to chew on.

2019 can’t come soon enough

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by PHILipu1(m): 6:32pm On Oct 12, 2018
izzou:

You guys assume too much

How did the Federal might save the APC in Osun? It's not just winning a state that matters. It's winning with a wide margin that has an impact. Buhari won Jonathan with about 3 million votes but the west didn't produce 1 million of that difference. One thing I love the Yoruba race is that they can be liberal.

Like I said, forget the West. Buhari will win but the margin won't be wide. And hopefully the PDP will cover up for that in the east.

The race will be very tight for Buhari. I cant say who will win, but I pray Atiku becomes victorious
Oh, didn't Anambra governorship results showed you that PDP can no longer rig the south east as usual?

You blame us for assuming but you guys always do assume that it is going to be business as usual for PDP in the south east.

Write it down that APC will share south east votes 50/50.

PDP can no longer rig south east and south west as usual.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by olajizz01(m): 6:32pm On Oct 12, 2018
fairplay90:
Peter the Rock!!!
The Ekiti Peter that you praised to high heaven in no time hit rock,so this Peter should be wary of failure as well.
Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by Ategberoson(m): 6:33pm On Oct 12, 2018
ifiokjohn:
your signature says you go with any quality candidate that will turn the country around.

Don't you think this atiku and obi candidacy can turn the country around than buhari/osinbajo ?

Come on lets pick a good candidate not tribalism so that Nigerian can be better.

I know that 30 percent yoruba will vote pdp and others people from others regions will complete it 45 percent votes to pdp in the west..

Pdp will win northcentral 65 percent.
Pdp will devide north east votes.
pdp will get 25/30 percent in the northwest.
Pdp will get 90 percent in the east.
They will get 80/85 percent in the south south.

Can you please with this stats tell me how pdp will lose 2019 election?

I Am Atikulating and Obitikulating!
Nigeria is save with Atiku/Obi

and who's say Atiku is the best candidate here? how does having a successful business cohere with national development?

Atiku is just like any other politicians and yes with obi as his running mate is a DOA

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by Halayaque(m): 6:33pm On Oct 12, 2018
grin grin
Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by franchasng: 6:34pm On Oct 12, 2018
bjnice:

Take a look at this statement of urs, does it make sense. Can't you comment without disparaging others tribe and their choice. By your comment you have exonerate your tribe as be Pan Nigeria while others are worst off. You see ehn the most vindictive and tribalistic people are the igbo, why don't you ask yourself why other tribe are steptical of dealing with you Igbos
The answer to your question I put on bold can be found between 1966 - 1969. The Nigerian civil war created a strong enmity between Igbos and Hausa-Fulani, Yoruba, Middlebelt. They couldn't believe the havoc small Igbo tribe back then caused to them....held them in a bloody civil war for two good years despite the backing of super powers like Britain, Egypt, etc.

So the fear of the unknown is still there. Other tribes that participated in the Nigeria-Biafra civil war are still afraid that Igbos might revenge if they get a chance to lead Nigeria or become advantaged...so that fear is the problem cool

bjnice:
Mentioned one Yoruba Man or Hausa that has ever be appointment as a commissioner in any Eastern State in the fourth republic.
The answer to this question is in this question: mention one Yoruba man or Hausa or Fulani that resides in the East, built a house, owns a business, a company, and employs people in the East??

You don't expect Igbos to travel to Ikirun or Ijebu Ode or Ilorin or Ile-Ife or Daura or Chibok or Potiskum to go bring one Mr Tunji or Olajide or Musa or Yahaya to Aba to make him commissioner.

Yorubas are too divisive, too tribalistic, too shallow thinking, too primitive, too scared, too cowardly to explore other regions outside Yoruba land and establish businesses, companies, investments, build mansions and reside in other regions happily without fear like Igbos do.

Even in the north, despite all the fake claims of Yorubas trying to pretend to love Hausa-Fulanis, Yorubas still don't build big houses or establish businesses and investments in the core northern states....they only invest in Yoruba lands...yet they claim their are progressive, how pls

Yorubas are too tribalistic wink

Igbos are the pillar of Nigerian economy. Igbos are the only single tribe that own properties, companies, businesses, houses, markets, hospitals, malls, etc all over Nigeria and they reside in all Nigerian state without fear or without being cunning by tapping the resources of those regions and not building and re-investing in those regions. This is what tells you how Igbos reason.

Despite the civil war, despite the 1966 pogrom where Igbos were killed in various northern states for no justifiable reason, Igbos still go back to those states and build mansions, establish companies, employ the villagers and live peacefully with them without fear, no other tribe in Nigeria does this except Igbos.

Igbos think like Jews, Europeans and white capitalists....they are never scared to explore or mix with any tribe or race unlike Yoruba, Hausa and Fulani.

bjnice:
You guys conduct is still fresh in our mind when Jonathan a minority was President,the way and manner you guys carry yourself simply because Jonathan allow you guys free hands in his government.
Igbos hate marginalization. Anybody you try to marginalize, Igbos will automatically befriend that person and become his or her ally because Igbos hate injustice no matter who it favors. This is why Igbos support and defend Goodluck till date against all odds....Igbos will never abandon you when the chips are down. Igbos don't support you just because you are giving them something of benefit...Igbos support you once they like your personality, and notice that you are liberal minded, not tribalistic.

This is same reason Igbos loved IBB despite his corrupt ways....they loved IBB for being open minded, liberal, not tribalistic...same with OBJ which was why Igbos supported OBJ massively in 1999 and till the end of his tenure despite the fact that OBJ did nothing for them.

This is also what made Igbos not to desert Maj. Chukwuma Nzeogwu, a young army general from Okpanam Asaba....if Igbos were like Yorubas, they will deny Nzeogwu knowing fully well that most Igbo speaking communities and people in Niger Delta areas always deny that they are not Igbo...but Igbos stood by Nzeogwu despite the troubles. That is Igbos for you.

bjnice:
I can't imagine what you guys will do if you get the presidency
An average Igbo man or majority of Igbos don't care about Nigerian presidency...all Igbos want is a level playing ground for all Nigerians irrespective of tribe. Igbos want security of every Nigerian life and property....respect for all tribes, not presidency. I wanted Atiku to pick Adesina....I wanted Osinbajo to become the president instead of nepotistic Buhari. Igbos go for personality first before tribe

bjnice:
You now now have the audacity to say Yorubas are horrible voters in national election. We should be father's Christmas with our vote abi without due course of what benefits it will yield to our region.

My friend politics is purely local and it has ethnicity coloration. Why will i cast my vote to a political party that will not protects the interest of my region at the centre. Tell me how many federal employment is base on merits. Can you now see why stick to what works for you.

In case you intend to insult, for my comment, shei u are aware is my comment and I am Nigerian or more Nigerians than you, but reality is the key issue here, this forthcoming election is purely going to be based on ethnicity than issues which is the bone of contention among many Nigerians aspiring for real change.
Of course Yorubas are very tribalistic in national politics and issues since 1960.

The political war between Akintola and Awolowo + dislike for Tafawa Belewa's tribalistic approach and leadership style like Buhari were the major things that pushed the young soldiers, headed by Nzeogwu and others into the first coup.

NOTE: Igbos never liked Nnamdi Azikiwe who happens to be their son, why Simply because Azikiwe aligned so much with Tafawa Belewa a tribalistic man who sees his tribe as the only tribe deserving anything good, just like Buhari now.

This was the architect of Nigeria's problem after 1960 independence.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by olajizz01(m): 6:35pm On Oct 12, 2018
tayebest:

That's the only people supporting him na! After all, they've never support success! grin grin cheesy
Exactly, anything the Yeast support is a failure

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by akdjr(m): 6:36pm On Oct 12, 2018
And those who embezzle public funds are fit to rule.
Agugbadin:

Sowore makes his money from falsehood and running people down such a person is not fit to lead people
Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by 7lives: 6:37pm On Oct 12, 2018
mycar:

You are not getting it,
The problem is not Buhari but his ineptitude, Are the people in those areas living in mars?

Tell me more about this stories, anyway start saving for buckets and handkerchiefs, I won't say more than this.
Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by izzou(m): 6:39pm On Oct 12, 2018
PHILipu1:
Oh, didn't Anambra governorship results showed you that PDP can no longer rig the south east as usual?

You blame us for assuming but you guys always do assume that it is going to be business as usual for PDP in the south east.

Write it down that APC will share south east votes 50/50.

PDP can no longer rig south east and south west as usual.

And what was the margin between APGA and APC in Anambra? Didn't you read the part where I said its about winning with a wide margin?

You win. APC will get 99% votes in the East and South

Have a nice day bro smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by Lot13(m): 6:40pm On Oct 12, 2018
Congratulation in advance, Baba Buhari.
Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by ufuosman(m): 6:40pm On Oct 12, 2018
Best choice
Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by divinelove(m): 6:40pm On Oct 12, 2018
gazilion:
Peter Obi for VP?
Peter Obi though, he is thrift and smacks of a corrupt free politician (as far as I know),
lacks the political sagacity to galvanize the votes of the southerners in a national election.
He is better with a given parastatal appointment than a national elective position.
I'll prefer prof Soludo (for his economic insights) or go to the south west.

Shut up already

Soludo does not have the experience of Peter obi
Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by ifiokjohn(m): 6:44pm On Oct 12, 2018
Ategberoson:

and who's say Atiku is the best candidate here? how does having a successful business cohere with national development?

Atiku is just like any other politicians and yes with obi as his running mate is a DOA
Then please put your vote for sowore or dorotoye instead of buhari.
Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by gsm88: 6:54pm On Oct 12, 2018
benuejosh:
Tinubu controls the Southwest and so nothing for Atiku in South West, Atiku can't win North West because that is Buhari's strong zone, Northeast will split, North Central will split, South South May split. Atiku has a long way. I still see Buhari Winning his election.
yes u are rite,delta,rivers state,akwa ibom,Edo all
in south south will vote for buhari.I am from rivers state,mostly the gov of rivers state is not workers friendly,so what is playing out now is that most workers are supporting apc in rivers state.forget the noise wike is making every where.retired civil servants are crying,workers are also crying,teachers are crying.so with all this wickedness against rivers state workers PDP has failed already in rivers state.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by Free4tope(m): 6:56pm On Oct 12, 2018
tayebest:
Now that the igbos have something to hold on to rather than the dead on arrival Biafra.

Dem no con get PVC cry cheesy cheesy grin

It's true o. What percentage of the Ibo has PVC?
Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by PHILipu1(m): 6:58pm On Oct 12, 2018
izzou:

And what was the margin between APGA and APC in Anambra? Didn't you read the part where I said its about winning with a wide margin?

You win. APC will get 99% votes in the East and South

Have a nice day bro smiley
lol.
APGA will not have a strong presidential candidate.
So,ask yourself if Obiano will use the state apparatus to work for Peter Obi his arc enemy or accept little federal support and deliver Anambra to APC.

Obiano owed Buhari for not allowing his men to use federal might to rig him out and that was why immediately he was declared the winner,he was in Aso rock to thank Buhari.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply)

Abba Kyari Sent His Photos To Hushpuppi - FBI (Pictures) / President Bola Tinubu And Asari Dokubo - Then Vs Now (Photos) / Ganduje Sacks Mu’azu Magaji For Celebrating Abba Kyari's Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.