Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,278 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:20 AM

Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate (105280 Views)

A Nigerian Taxi Driver Picks Peter Obi In UK, Drives Him Free Of Charge (Photos) / If PDP Picks Peter Obi.... - Reno Omokri / Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by Nobody: 5:26pm On Oct 12, 2018
franchasng:
if Atiku had picked Adesina, or even Fayose, Igbos will massively support him.

Igbos vote mostly based on personality perception more than tribe or party.

Atiku should go back and correct his VP pick.

I will message him, he should not listen to some greedy Igbo elites who Igbo people don't follow.

Igbos don't vote based on who some political elites endorse just as Hausa-Fulani and Yorubas do.

Atiku must change this choice to stand a greater chance of defeating Buhari because he can't afford to lose this vital election o, I feel like crying already cry
Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by Nobody: 5:27pm On Oct 12, 2018
franchasng:
if Atiku had picked Adesina, or even Fayose, Igbos will massively support him.

Igbos vote mostly based on personality perception more than tribe or party.

Atiku should go back and correct his VP pick.

I will message him, he should not listen to some greedy Igbo elites who Igbo people don't follow.

Igbos don't vote based on who some political elites endorse just as Hausa-Fulani and Yorubas do.

Atiku must change this choice to stand a greater chance of defeating Buhari because he can't afford to lose this vital election o, I feel like crying already cry
So leadership should be based on tribe not personality? I would agree if you say this based on the fact that Peter obi is bad but not because he is an Igbo man
Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by MENTORCH(m): 5:27pm On Oct 12, 2018
izzou:
grin

I had wanted that Adeshina guy, but I think Atiku calculated well

To those thinking the South west won't vote him, go back to 2015 elections and see for yourself whether APC got 80% in the west

Am telling you, Lagos is the most populated southwest state and there are a lot of Igbos there with other tribes. Even some APC members are tired of Buhari.
Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by stinechykee: 5:27pm On Oct 12, 2018
WhyMoD:
E pain them.
Greedy set of people..
They have APC VP but still be crying for PDP VP
my brother I tell you,I have never see abtribe or people as greedy as this Yoruba demons.God I don't know why you put we abd this greedy people in this country call Nigeria
Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by jumpandpas(m): 5:28pm On Oct 12, 2018
Unik3030:
u make sense,operation Python dance have already spoil buhari chances of getting their votes n it's assured ss n se will vote atiku,y not make a Yoruba man as running mate to split SW vote.cos

... even an average notherner will not want to have anything doing with an Igbo man either directly or indirectly

Stop talking rubbish.
Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by pocohantas(f): 5:28pm On Oct 12, 2018
I am surprised there are people still supporting Buhari. Some people dey craze o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by stinechykee: 5:28pm On Oct 12, 2018
gazilion:
Peter Obi for VP?
Peter Obi though, he is thrift and smacks of a corrupt free politician (as far as I know),
lacks the political sagacity to galvanize the votes of the southerners in a national election.
He is better with a given parastatal appointment than a national elective position.
I'll prefer prof Soludo (for his economic insights) or go to the south west.
greedy peope
Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by banhammy: 5:28pm On Oct 12, 2018
Atiku has 90% votes from south east with Peter Obi, but South west won't vote for him. So he should concentrate more on the Northern part of the country
Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by Nobody: 5:29pm On Oct 12, 2018
ashacot:
Thank you Jesus. Congratulations to Buhari.
You don't know Jesus, face your Muhammed

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by WhyMoD: 5:30pm On Oct 12, 2018
erinalex:
when will ibos and Igbos grow up ?
Honestly, I like Peter Obi, I've listen to him on few occasions, the man is intelligent; he will make a very good VP
But my problem is with d ibos and Igbos; their insincerity & hypocritical tendencies has No part 2.
The same tribe,that was busy castigating the Yorubas, saying that, the yorubas has been shortchanged; how can they settle for VP post ? VP is just a mere commissioner; he has No say. Ibos can Never take that, because VP will be a Stooge for Mr President. It is Biafra or Nothing.
And today, God of mercy; Ibos are going back to their vomit.
This should be a lesson for you, never bring a person or a position to a state of disrepute; u never know what will happen tomorrow.
Peter Obi is my guy.
Do celebrate, while it last.
make sure you and your family vote Peter Obi your guy.
Peace
Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by fallout87: 5:30pm On Oct 12, 2018
If this is true it's a bad move by Atiku.

He will get the same votes no matter whom he selects from the SS and SE.

He will get none now from the SW.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by eodavids(m): 5:30pm On Oct 12, 2018
igbobuigbo:
South West should go for Senate President, which in many ways is as powerful if not more powerful than a VP. I don't know of Obi's personality, but a VP can be powerful or not dependent on their personality.

This is how Nigerians will vote

NW - Buhari
NE - Atiku
NC - Atiku (too many Fulani killings that NC can never vote Buhari)
SE - Atiku (if Obi is indeed VP)
SS - Atiku (time to take vengeance on the loss by GEJ)
SW - 50% Buhari and 50% Atiku (especially if SW get the Senate presidency)

All Igbos in NW, NE, NC, SW, and SS - Atiku

Come 2019, Atiku is the next president

Your predictions are near accurate and indeed tenable, but that is under a free and fair election.

It should worry every Nigerian that the APC in collaboration with our present INEC team have adopted the approach of shifting the goal post where it won't favour them.

1). They are nownused to denying free and fair voting to areas where they are weak.

2). They declare an election won by their opposition "inconclusive" so they can maneuver the process and get winning at all cost.

3). They will conduct all the observers to do their observation at the place where APC is strong and in upper hand, which is also where they allow free and fair polls to take place.
Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by Nobody: 5:30pm On Oct 12, 2018
lastempero:

A Yoruba VP would have been a win win thing for atiku, u don't play politics in Nigeria based on sentiment most especially when u are dealing with oduduwa people.
Not sentiment, this is strategic too. Obi will not only bring in record number of votes from Igbos but also Delta people, Calabar, rivers and all those regions that normally caucus with Igbos across the country. Atiku is not a foolish man, for him to have picked Obi, I'm sure he has already planned and is confident of his political infrastructure in the SW. He doesn't have to put a Yoruba on the ticket before you know he has made deals with power brokers in the region. He just left a series of high level meetings in that region remember?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by stinechykee: 5:30pm On Oct 12, 2018
cogbuagu:
If this news of picking Peter Obi as VP is true, then am nolonger seeking for USA visa. I will remain here and sure of making it here in Nigeria

It means Atiku really want to fix this country.
We Nigerian forget things fast.

Anambra was once most difficult state to govern.
It's the only state that had a seating governor kidnapped (Chris Nigigi)

Peter Obi came in and transformed that state.
Currently anambra is least most indebted state in Nigeria

View below.

I hope Atiku will not just use him to win Election but allow him to impact his economical sense.

Peter Obi is truly the best option not theyoritical Ngozi

Peter Obi was impeached 2 times and he won in court.
Reason for attended impeachment was because he refused to dash state money to looters
you indeed one of the few enlightened one in this forum.keep it up
Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by globalview(m): 5:30pm On Oct 12, 2018
Body odour ,rashes,stretch marks ,acne or exzema
.. apply Saraga herbal medicated soap.. we deliver to your doorsteps anywhere in Nigeria call/text 09029391404.

Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by ogundeleai(m): 5:31pm On Oct 12, 2018
SW dislodge from National chairman, they are not worthy to be Vice president.... Igbeyin lon du oloku Ada

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by Nobody: 5:31pm On Oct 12, 2018
erinalex:
when will ibos and Igbos grow up ?
Honestly, I like Peter Obi, I've listen to him on few occasions, the man is intelligent; he will make a very good VP
But my problem is with d ibos and Igbos; their insincerity & hypocritical tendencies has No part 2.
The same tribe,that was busy castigating the Yorubas, saying that, the yorubas has been shortchanged; how can they settle for VP post ? VP is just a mere commissioner; he has No say. Ibos can Never take that, because VP will be a Stooge for Mr President. It is Biafra or Nothing.
And today, God of mercy; Ibos are going back to their vomit.
This should be a lesson for you, never bring a person or a position to a state of disrepute; u never know what will happen tomorrow.
Peter Obi is my guy.
Do celebrate, while it last.

You can not hate Igbos and claim to love Peter obi.

You hate Peter obi.
Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by profeazy: 5:32pm On Oct 12, 2018
NwaliE01:
Now we the Igbos are regretting this. Most people doesn't have pvc because they were busy with Igbos protest forgetting that oppourtunity like this will come.

Nwanna, speak for yourself. Me amd my family all have our pvc. We are obilated to be atikulate!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by Zane2point4(m): 5:32pm On Oct 12, 2018
franchasng:
If u are Yoruba, u ought to know how Yoruba people vote during national election.

Yorubas and Fulanis are the most tribalistic tribes in Nigeria, followed by Igbo and Hausa then Berom, Ijaw, etc.

Yorubas consider voting for their tribal man or woman first before they consider competence. Same applies to Fulani.

But Igbos vote personality not even party.

Once Igbos perceive u as a man who loves all, respects all, supports business and industrialization and not a religious extremist, then Igbos will vote for u regardless of your party or popularity.

If APC present Osinbajo as Presidential candidate, Igbos will become divided on who to vote between Osinbajo and Atiku.

But with Buhari as APC presidential flag bearer, Igbos will vote even Sowore than vote for Buhari who happens to be a religious extremist and tribalist.

But majority of Yorubas are ready to vote for devil so long as that devil picks a Yoruba as VP and ready to openly marginalize Igboa while favouring Yorubas

That is how Yoruba people vote in national election.

Individually Yorubas are cool but collectively in national politics, they are very horrible to deal with

Well spoken, you made the right analysis.
Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by centurionpapa(m): 5:32pm On Oct 12, 2018
rosalieene:
you Yoruba's on this platform are so evil, wicked and tribalistic!

The current VP who is a Yoruba, what has he done for the nation?

you still want it all to be rotated round you!
give chances for other people, you are not the only ones in the country!

PDP should give up on 14millions vote in the west.
Buhari will win overwhelmingly in the north with the millions of vote he'll garner in the west. PDP should throw in the towel already

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by Nobody: 5:33pm On Oct 12, 2018
Ziggylady:

I Can see some Yorubas congratulating buhari already becayse Atiku picked a SEs and i just laugh at the stuppidity of jumping the gun already,

i wonder why you lots think any election is about you folks...talk about delusions of grandeur/self-centeredness raise to infinity..

Anyway Atiku is the pass-word for my family and i.
These Yorubas are so greedy, they want it all.
Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by Temptee101(m): 5:34pm On Oct 12, 2018
masinga07:
Am from the west but honestly i would have been surprised if Atiku had pick his VP candidate from SW. He has done what is right and i can assure the Easterners that in this battle, You will never walk alone. Atiku/Obi ticket is not to redeem the east alone but Nigeria. East deserves this more than the West because if not for the SE/SS there wont be any PDP again in the first place.
God, this comment almost brought tears to my eyes. So Nigeria still have people who like this, may God bless you and your likes a million times. With this ticket, Nigeria is sure on a new pedestal. Irrespective of where we come from, Nigeria should be put first. It's time for the SW to prove to the whole world how educated they are truly are.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by profeazy: 5:34pm On Oct 12, 2018
leisuretym:
the east can not hold the position of the party chairman and vice president, this is what we told them then but wike influenced it, the igbo are greedy, with them holding those two positions, Yoruba will not get anything, I'm afraid for atiku, we trust Atiku but not igbos

uche is Igbo name, don't tell me his from south south, na Igbo man

Tribal bigot!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by haaryobhami: 5:34pm On Oct 12, 2018
tempex88:

My guy, u talk sense. Am Yoruba and would vote PDP.
u not alone bro,the say some Yoruba on nairaland keep making it look like apc is a Yoruba party is so funny to me.
come 2019 its either sowore or atiku
Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by Ziggylady(f): 5:35pm On Oct 12, 2018
NwaliE01:
Now we the Igbos are regretting this. Most people doesn't have pvc because they were busy with Igbos protest forgetting that oppourtunity like this will come.

Now this is funny grin.

But no problem,even if it is only 10 Igbos that have PVC we will make the best of it.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by MrJanuzaj: 5:35pm On Oct 12, 2018
benuejosh:
Tinubu controls the Southwest and so nothing for Atiku in South West, Atiku can't win North West because that is Buhari's strong zone, Northeast will split, North Central will split, South South May split. Atiku has a long way. I still see Buhari Winning his election.

Who told you that Northeast will split? Buhari will win Bornu, Yobe, Bauchi and Gombe with a very huge margin. He will split Adamawa and lose Taraba with less than 100k.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by Spinshark(m): 5:35pm On Oct 12, 2018
My fellow nairaland Nigerians this is way more than tribe at this point I don't really care which tribe was given what all I care is those that can liberate Nigeria....SW! Osibanjo is from south west but look at Nigeria if we are not careful and this zombies win again, my brother, my sister some of us in this forum won't survive it..let us just park tribe and region one side and ask ourselves if the candidates are competent and intelligent enough to get us outta this mess. Even some of the dullards tribesmen rejected him so let's put our differences aside and pray we made the right choice
Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by Franking: 5:36pm On Oct 12, 2018
masinga07:
Am from the west but honestly i would have been surprised if Atiku had pick his VP candidate from SW. He has done what is right and i can assure the Easterners that in this battle, You will never walk alone. Atiku/Obi ticket is not to redeem the east alone but Nigeria. East deserves this more than the West because if not for the SE/SS there wont be any PDP again in the first place.

Who be this guy?
Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by Nobody: 5:37pm On Oct 12, 2018
Ziggylady:

You are right,but i dont agree that Igbo will vote for Atiku if he had picked a SW...I can assure you that a number of those ready to vote Atiku would stay at home on election day and that includes me....That will surely see buhari easily coasting to victory
It is dangerous to take people for granted like that..least of all Igbos

Had it been he didn't pick Peter obi, igbos will be reluctant to vote come next year. They are underestimating our votes and they think because Atiku's wife is Igbo, he has Igbo's vote locked down whether he picked a Yoruba as a running mate or not

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by Nobody: 5:37pm On Oct 12, 2018
jennifermahan:
smiley

A Woman Caught Having Sex With A Mad Man In Broad Daylight Watch Video

https://www.made4naija.com/2018/10/a-woman-caught-having-sex-with-a-mad-man-in-broad-daylight-video/

Who caught her?
Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by stinechykee: 5:40pm On Oct 12, 2018
lastempero:

Some of Your brothers will feel shortchanged Now and Iam really worried, Adesina would have been better. Iam igbo,i just need people that will deliver.
who ask you if you are an Igbo Mr Igbo wannabe?
Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by mikaael(m): 5:40pm On Oct 12, 2018
masinga07:

Pls share me some of ur brain...pls pls

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply)

Abba Kyari Sent His Photos To Hushpuppi - FBI (Pictures) / President Bola Tinubu And Asari Dokubo - Then Vs Now (Photos) / Rotimi Amaechi - The Talk Of The Town, See His Dressing To The US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.