Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,734 members, 7,831,337 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

Why Are The South West Votes Always Divided? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are The South West Votes Always Divided? (633 Views)

Why Are Northern Votes Always Last To Come Despite voting Early. / Saidu: Buhari Should Support Tinubu As Reward For South West Votes / 2019: Atiku Targets South-West Votes With SGF Slot" - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are The South West Votes Always Divided? by Binikingdowm: 7:06pm On Oct 12, 2018
Please I need answers!
Is it because of religious factor,half of the population are Christian the other are Muslims?
Re: Why Are The South West Votes Always Divided? by Nobody: 7:10pm On Oct 12, 2018
Binikingdowm:
Please I need answers!
Is it because of religious factor,half of the population are Christian the other are Muslims?

Lalasticlala
Not because of religion, remember all South West except Osun voted for Jonathan in 2011, though many see Tinubu as d leader in south west but most of us in west use our head instead of our heart, that's why u hardly get 80% vote in west

2 Likes

Re: Why Are The South West Votes Always Divided? by Binikingdowm: 7:11pm On Oct 12, 2018
yemaldo:

Not because of religion, remember all South West except Osun voted for Jonathan in 2011, though many see Tinubu as d leader in south west but most of us in west use our head instead of our heart, that's why u hardly get 80% vote in west
true.i think they will go in direction of Atiku this time around after seeing what Buhari is

3 Likes

Re: Why Are The South West Votes Always Divided? by vanbonattel: 7:12pm On Oct 12, 2018
yemaldo:

Liar.

1 Like

Re: Why Are The South West Votes Always Divided? by bedspread: 7:12pm On Oct 12, 2018
Binikingdowm:
Please I need answers!

Lalasticlala
its not about Religion.. As a Person Born in Lagos, I'll say it's more about Personal beliefs... Most South westerners are not cowed by wat a political leader says... Majority are after what has a Personal effect on themselves, Family, Business etc
Re: Why Are The South West Votes Always Divided? by Alphafeezay(m): 7:13pm On Oct 12, 2018
Because they are enlightened and less sentimental
Re: Why Are The South West Votes Always Divided? by OlaAshawo: 7:14pm On Oct 12, 2018
God bless real yerobas

1 Like

Re: Why Are The South West Votes Always Divided? by Binikingdowm: 7:15pm On Oct 12, 2018
Alphafeezay:
Because they are enlightened and less sentimental
true the igbos are enlightened but sentimental toward Buhari..

As an edo guy,its an abomination for me to vote for Buhari

5 Likes

Re: Why Are The South West Votes Always Divided? by Alphafeezay(m): 7:16pm On Oct 12, 2018
Binikingdowm:
true the igbos are enlightened but sentimental toward Buhari..

As an edo guy,its an abomination for me to vote for Buhari

Hahahahaha
But the guy wear una Isiagu o
Re: Why Are The South West Votes Always Divided? by Binikingdowm: 7:17pm On Oct 12, 2018
Alphafeezay:

Hahahahaha
wetin be isiagu?

1 Like

Re: Why Are The South West Votes Always Divided? by ArchangeLucifer: 7:18pm On Oct 12, 2018
Because they cannot be relied upon. They are serial backstabbers.

1 Like

Re: Why Are The South West Votes Always Divided? by helinues: 7:19pm On Oct 12, 2018
It is not because of religious

West are enlightened to know what is good for us or not

We don't play politics of sentiment ( though some may)

Just because we are not in the same party or ( support your candidate) doesn't make us an enemy

That's how we roll in West
Re: Why Are The South West Votes Always Divided? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Oct 12, 2018
Binikingdowm:
Please I need answers!

Lalasticlala
because we don't vote on tribal or religious sentiment, we vote our choices based on our conviction.
That's why I always laugh at Yoruba BMC Crew on Nairaland who always speak as if the whole Yoruba are pro Apc when infact pdp is a very strong party with huge structure in SW.
despite APC propaganda, Jonathan lost SW by a low margin.
Despite APC propaganda, PDP won the actual election in osun state. you did have thought all OSUN are pro APC and that pdp will struggle to even get a vote.
despite all what APC will say and propagate, Atiku is getting nothing less than 45/49% in SW.

and to those igbos who say pdp get votes because of non indigene population in SW, especially igbos, the assertion is a big fat lie.. here in osun state ,despite igbos huge population here, I've never seen an Igbo voter.
Re: Why Are The South West Votes Always Divided? by Alphafeezay(m): 7:21pm On Oct 12, 2018
Binikingdowm:
wetin be isiagu?

Wetin dem d call that red shirt with tiger images on it?
Re: Why Are The South West Votes Always Divided? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Oct 12, 2018
ArchangeLucifer:
Because they cannot be relied upon. They are serial backstabbers.
How and when did they betray you
Re: Why Are The South West Votes Always Divided? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Oct 12, 2018
yemaldo:

exactly, as at now, I don't know or can't say who will SW.
the elites are majorly against Buhari
the less educated will probably vote for Buhari again..
Re: Why Are The South West Votes Always Divided? by ariesbull: 7:23pm On Oct 12, 2018
Alphafeezay:

Hahahahaha

He is Edo

But isiagu is the coolest cloth

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are The South West Votes Always Divided? by Binikingdowm: 7:23pm On Oct 12, 2018
Sap0:

because we don't vote on tribal or religious sentiment, we vote our choices based on our conviction.
That's why I always laugh at Yoruba BMC Crew on Nairaland who always speak as if the whole Yoruba are pro Apc when infact pdp is a very strong party with huge structure in SW.
despite APC propaganda, Jonathan lost SW by a low margin.
Despite APC propaganda, PDP won the actual election in osun state. you did have thought all OSUN are pro APC and that pdp will struggle to even get a vote.
despite all what APC will say and propagate, Atiku is getting nothing less than 45/49% in SW.

and to those igbos who say pdp get votes because of non indigene population in SW, especially igbos, the assertion is a big fat lie.. here in osun state ,despite igbos huge population here, I've never seen an Igbo voter.
so true I thought pdp won't even get 10% of votes in osun election because of the propaganda.

They claimed osun is Yoruba Muslims majority state and they won't vote for pdp.

I was shocked seeing pdp leading there.
Re: Why Are The South West Votes Always Divided? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Oct 12, 2018
Binikingdowm:
true.i think they will go in direction of Atiku this time around after seeing what Buhari is
Am not sure about that, Buhari has done a lot for South West in 3yrs compared to pdp's 16 years

1 Like

Re: Why Are The South West Votes Always Divided? by Binikingdowm: 7:24pm On Oct 12, 2018
Alphafeezay:

Wetin dem d call that red shirt with tiger images on it?
those Na igbos attire na

1 Like

Re: Why Are The South West Votes Always Divided? by success1smyn(m): 7:25pm On Oct 12, 2018
because we in the west act like true westerners
(people from the western world)
Re: Why Are The South West Votes Always Divided? by Binikingdowm: 7:29pm On Oct 12, 2018
yemaldo:

Am not sure about that, Buhari has done a lot for South West in 3yrs compared to pdp's 16 years
Na that ain't true..

8 years from 16 years of pdp rule was s Yoruba president.

If he didn't work during his regime blame him not pdp
Re: Why Are The South West Votes Always Divided? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Oct 12, 2018
Binikingdowm:
Na that ain't true..

8 years from 16 years of pdp rule was s Yoruba president.

If he didn't work during his regime blame him not pdp
I know, am talking about d masses
Re: Why Are The South West Votes Always Divided? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Oct 12, 2018
Binikingdowm:
so true I thought pdp won't even get 10% of votes in osun election because of the propaganda.

They claimed osun is Yoruba Muslims majority state and they won't vote for pdp.

I was shocked seeing pdp leading there.
lol, it's always funny to see people get carried away by the BMC propaganda...unless you live amongst us in SW to get the real side of events.
More than 80% of those who led the campaign of Adeleke in Osun are Muslims, even though Adeleke himself is not what you will call a "real muslim"
Yoruba hardly do religion politics.
the lowest Atiku will get in Southwest is 45%
and like we see in osun state, anything can even happen.
no way will any candidate that win here get up to 60%
Re: Why Are The South West Votes Always Divided? by Binikingdowm: 7:35pm On Oct 12, 2018
Sap0:

lol, it's always funny to see people get carried away by the BMC propaganda...unless you live amongst us in SW to get the real side of events.
More than 80% of those who led the campaign of Adeleke in Osun are Muslims, even though Adeleke himself is not what you will call a "real muslim"
Yoruba hardly do religion politics.
the lowest Atiku will get in Southwest is 45%
and like we see in osun state, anything can even happen.
no way will any candidate that win here get up to 60%
good let just say 50/50 then
Re: Why Are The South West Votes Always Divided? by Binikingdowm: 7:38pm On Oct 12, 2018
yemaldo:

I know, am talking about d masses
that's the problem with Buhari,he focus on a particular region they voted for him and leave the rest.
Re: Why Are The South West Votes Always Divided? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Oct 12, 2018
yemaldo:

thats your own belief bro..
I'm from osun state, Buhari has done nothing for us.. it's like osun state is not part of Nigeria..
a state until recently that is absolutely proApc

(1) (Reply)

National Presidential Debate, 2018 / Why Igbos Should Be Careful / A Man Who Couldn't Increase His Cows Cannot Increase - Fayose Blasts Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.