Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,597 members, 7,809,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:35 AM

Jubilation In Anambra As Atiku Picks Obi As Running Mate - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jubilation In Anambra As Atiku Picks Obi As Running Mate (48453 Views)

Umahi Predicts Tinubu Victory, Picks Obi As Second Favorite / Maduka Picks Obi Kenneth Ifeatu As His Running Mate (Pictures) / Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jubilation In Anambra As Atiku Picks Obi As Running Mate by K4daniel: 9:15pm On Oct 12, 2018
I am from the South West, I tell you I am fully in support of this and always want my brothers in the east to rejoice atleast be in power from vice it may lead to presidency.
Obi had broken the record as the best vice president to be nominated from the east for now.God bless Nigeria Great Nigeria one love.

3 Likes

Re: Jubilation In Anambra As Atiku Picks Obi As Running Mate by idonhammer: 9:16pm On Oct 12, 2018
senatordave1:
For your information, Igbo ewero Eze...meaning there is no king in Igbo land because every Igbo man is rich,and we don't have people like tinubu here who share money and tell people who to vote for. There is no jagaban in Igbo so obiano cannot do pimm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jubilation In Anambra As Atiku Picks Obi As Running Mate by NothingDoMe: 9:20pm On Oct 12, 2018
Maccoy507:
I would have preferred Ngozi okonjo ideals but anyways they made a right choice of chosing from the south east, and not just southeast but anambra which is the power house for the east. This will automatically influence other easterners to vote.
I just hope the southwest will help put a stop to this blood sucking government.
A government that has made cows more valuable than human lives.
At least we will have a president that will sit among president from other English speaking countries and they will understand what he is saying.
God bless Nigeria
NOI can do what the she always does best.
Re: Jubilation In Anambra As Atiku Picks Obi As Running Mate by Atikuguy2019: 9:31pm On Oct 12, 2018
Sense will not kill Atiku...Iam Atikulatively Atikulated.... #AtikuObi2019

1 Like

Re: Jubilation In Anambra As Atiku Picks Obi As Running Mate by Splasshhh(f): 9:32pm On Oct 12, 2018
Umu Anambra kwenu!
Re: Jubilation In Anambra As Atiku Picks Obi As Running Mate by Macon1212: 9:33pm On Oct 12, 2018
Big mistake, Atiku already lost for marginalize s.w.
Re: Jubilation In Anambra As Atiku Picks Obi As Running Mate by Nobody: 9:41pm On Oct 12, 2018
senatordave1:

How come his candidate didnt win anambra polls.obiano and apga will gang up against h,he will struggle to win anambra.

Obiano n APGA will vote for apc...LMFAO.
Re: Jubilation In Anambra As Atiku Picks Obi As Running Mate by shegra58: 9:46pm On Oct 12, 2018
We dont want Biafra again grin

2 Likes

Re: Jubilation In Anambra As Atiku Picks Obi As Running Mate by gurnam: 9:47pm On Oct 12, 2018
Samantha23:
and there goes all the clamour for biafra; vanished in the air like vapour

The shout for Biafra has always been a ruse from the onset

2 Likes

Re: Jubilation In Anambra As Atiku Picks Obi As Running Mate by Banmeallday: 9:48pm On Oct 12, 2018
shegra58:
We dont want Biafra again grin

Yes you want to be slaves...NO PROBLEM, at least you go chop Ofe Owere abi?
Re: Jubilation In Anambra As Atiku Picks Obi As Running Mate by gurnam: 9:49pm On Oct 12, 2018
TroubleMaker47:
Now igbos have a reason to come out on election day!
#Atikulated

Ipob will not call for a sit at home that day or you will disobey such order to go and vote for your “son”
Re: Jubilation In Anambra As Atiku Picks Obi As Running Mate by greatiyk4u(m): 9:57pm On Oct 12, 2018
vanbonattel:
Am in Owerri now and all the roads from Douglas to PH road is filled with a large crowd jubilation as if Atiku has won the Presidential election grin

My grandmother is searching for her PVC now grin

Liar

1 Like

Re: Jubilation In Anambra As Atiku Picks Obi As Running Mate by Cchuks27(m): 10:14pm On Oct 12, 2018
Samantha23:

Beautiful girl, don't get yourself twisted in political mess, sometimes we all need a sense of belonging.

Say for example, your parents keeps saying derogatory words at you, that you're less important than your other siblings, how exactly would uyou feel and react?

Be honest.
Re: Jubilation In Anambra As Atiku Picks Obi As Running Mate by writeprof(m): 10:17pm On Oct 12, 2018
Samantha23:

There is still hope if that's what the people want. A vapour forms raincloud which brings rainfall. It's just that there is time for everything. It's not yet time for the Biafra nation to be.
Re: Jubilation In Anambra As Atiku Picks Obi As Running Mate by emperorblog(m): 10:37pm On Oct 12, 2018
greggng:
As if that position will change anything or the outcome of the election. Enjoy your jubilation while it last....
Re: Jubilation In Anambra As Atiku Picks Obi As Running Mate by shegra58: 10:49pm On Oct 12, 2018
Banmeallday:

Yes you want to be slaves...NO PROBLEM, at least you go chop Ofe Owere abi?
At least you don be slave for a very long time
Re: Jubilation In Anambra As Atiku Picks Obi As Running Mate by IloveToMess: 10:51pm On Oct 12, 2018
onuebonyi:

Chai... Hehehehe

Here in Awka, some people trooped to the road thereby causing heavy traffic.

O ga adi egwu oo lol
Bad boy, now you no longer challenge Imo people again because u need support for Obi hehehe, thank your God Imo people are educated otherwise your Anambra uncut utterances against Imo would have come to bare at this time, next time be using your head to know we are all Igbos, other tribes (especially Yoruba) are waiting for us to fail and be in disunity, so we would be foolish to let them have their way.

Imara asu isuo na ikwe
ina amaghi asu isuo na ala.
Re: Jubilation In Anambra As Atiku Picks Obi As Running Mate by nextstep(m): 10:53pm On Oct 12, 2018
Samantha23:

Well, if the option was another 4 years under the dullard, Biafra would have been the better option.

As Atiku has demonstrated wisdom and sensitivity to Igbos, he has already started easing some of the tensions we've been experiencing, and I think this is a good start.

Correct me if I'm wrong but, he might become the first Igbo (I didn't say Edo or SS) vice-president since Ekuwueme (Shagari's era); and certainly we haven't had an Igbo running mate in an election since 2007 (Buhari's running mate Ume-Ezeoke)
Re: Jubilation In Anambra As Atiku Picks Obi As Running Mate by Unseen(m): 11:15pm On Oct 12, 2018
Jubilation in Anambra Indeed. How come I only got to know now that I came online?

Abeg Onitsha no even notice
Re: Jubilation In Anambra As Atiku Picks Obi As Running Mate by minoski: 11:30pm On Oct 12, 2018
nextstep:

Well, if the option was another 4 years under the dullard, Biafra would have been the better option.

As Atiku has demonstrated wisdom and sensitivity to Igbos, he has already started easing some of the tensions we've been experiencing, and I think this is a good start.

Correct me if I'm wrong but, he might become the first Igbo (I didn't say Edo or SS) vice-president since Ekuwueme (Shagari's era); and certainly we haven't had an Igbo running mate in an election since 2007 (Buhari's running mate Ume-Ezeoke)
10Ebisco:
There was jubilation in Anambra State, Friday evening when news of the choice of former governor of the state, Mr. Peter Obi as running mate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) presidential candidate, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar filtered into town.

In almost every public place in the state, the name on the lips of the people was that of Obi, just as many people expressed happiness over the nomination, hailing Atiku as having made a very good choice.

A lawyer, Mr Okwuchuku Orji told DAILY POST, “Just see the happiness on people’s faces. Who in the South east and the South west would have been so acceptable? Nobody,” he submitted.

Barr Orji further said that he was happy for the choice of Obi, adding that his sterling performance while he was governor was the main reason for his being nominated.

“Obi set a standard in governance in the eight years he was here as governor. You may not like him, but you cannot exactly wish away the fact that he is good. Knowledge of the economy was one thing Atiku based his nomination on, and in that aspect, Obi is a guru. I think Nigerians will get it right this time,” he added.

https://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/10/jubilation-in-anambra-as-atiku-picks.html
nextstep:

10Ebisco:
There was jubilation in Anambra State, Friday evening when news of the choice of former governor of the state, Mr. Peter Obi as running mate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) presidential candidate, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar filtered into town.

In almost every public place in the state, the name on the lips of the people was that of Obi, just as many people expressed happiness over the nomination, hailing Atiku as having made a very good choice.

A lawyer, Mr Okwuchuku Orji told DAILY POST, “Just see the happiness on people’s faces. Who in the South east and the South west would have been so acceptable? Nobody,” he submitted.

Barr Orji further said that he was happy for the choice of Obi, adding that his sterling performance while he was governor was the main reason for his being nominated.

“Obi set a standard in governance in the eight years he was here as governor. You may not like him, but you cannot exactly wish away the fact that he is good. Knowledge of the economy was one thing Atiku based his nomination on, and in that aspect, Obi is a guru. I think Nigerians will get it right this time,” he added.

https://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/10/jubilation-in-anambra-as-atiku-picks.html
Re: Jubilation In Anambra As Atiku Picks Obi As Running Mate by minoski: 11:36pm On Oct 12, 2018
Nice one, we pray may the Almighty put his hands in their success. Govt. of unity in diversity, Atiku have made it possible character wise with Hausa, ibo and Yoruba wives. PATRIOTISM!!!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jubilation In Anambra As Atiku Picks Obi As Running Mate by egbabiekperemo1: 11:56pm On Oct 12, 2018
K4daniel:
I am from the South West, I tell you I am fully in support of this and always want my brothers in the east to rejoice atleast be in power from vice it may lead to presidency.
Obi had broken the record as the best vice president to be nominated from the east for now.God bless Nigeria Great Nigeria one love.

God bless you sir. Give the ibos a sense of belonging so they go understand that tbey are also part of us. I am a bayelsa man and i think d ibos should be given a part to play in d power equation
Re: Jubilation In Anambra As Atiku Picks Obi As Running Mate by hekkyboi: 12:16am On Oct 13, 2018
vanbonattel:
Am in Owerri now and all the roads from Douglas to PH road is filled with a large crowd jubilation as if Atiku has won the Presidential election grin

wow this is great. lets chase that monumental dullard outta aso rock biko
Re: Jubilation In Anambra As Atiku Picks Obi As Running Mate by micflo28(m): 1:09am On Oct 13, 2018
Another candidate for vice president is obiano.
Re: Jubilation In Anambra As Atiku Picks Obi As Running Mate by LastDays777: 6:47am On Oct 13, 2018
vanbonattel:

grin
Re: Jubilation In Anambra As Atiku Picks Obi As Running Mate by omoelerin1: 6:49am On Oct 13, 2018
sLentlover7778:
with this match made in heaven I can proudly say I'm a Nigeria
God no go punish lord lugard in his grave again?
Nigeria project is no longer a fake?

1 Like

Re: Jubilation In Anambra As Atiku Picks Obi As Running Mate by omoelerin1: 7:00am On Oct 13, 2018
madridsta007:

With restructuring on the cards the clamour for Biafra or any separate nation-state would naturally fizzle out.

This is well-known. That is why it was on the APC manifesto in 2015. Unfortunately, like the rest of their promises, they dumped it + instituted the 97%/5% policy. And we know what happened from then on.

Don’t blame anyone. Blame Beau Harry. You won’t be beaten if you place the blame where it should be.
So restructuring is now in the PDP manifesto? And it won't be dumped as APC did it?
Igbo don't know what they are doing, walahi. No thanks to their superiority tendencies and selfishness.

I have said it several times in the past, the reason for clamouring for Biafra, has been as a result of their inability to dominate Nigeria, politically.
Re: Jubilation In Anambra As Atiku Picks Obi As Running Mate by madridsta007(m): 7:15am On Oct 13, 2018
omoelerin1:
So restructuring is now in the PDP manifesto? And it won't be dumped as APC did it?
Igbo don't know what they are doing, walahi. No thanks to their superiority tendencies and selfishness.

I have said it several times in the past, the reason for clamouring for Biafra, has been as a result of their inability to dominate Nigeria, politically.

To your first question: Restructuring is the core of Atiku’s personal manifesto. I’m sure you know this anyway.

To your second comment (and I’m laughing)— it’s clear that you have a fantastic sense of ignorance of Nigeria and the UN statutes anyway. It would be futile explaining things to you. Get a book and read.
Re: Jubilation In Anambra As Atiku Picks Obi As Running Mate by omoelerin1: 7:16am On Oct 13, 2018
adsload:

Even with your long epistle, you still fail to make any sense
Keep shut! Every sensible person knows he is right. It is only ignorant and ill informed like you that will not understand it.

Public university will definitely suffer under atiku.
Re: Jubilation In Anambra As Atiku Picks Obi As Running Mate by omoelerin1: 7:21am On Oct 13, 2018
RTSC:

You are not even ashamed that people are clamouring for biafra after 3 years of buhari.

If there is visible developments, you think people will be looking to secede?

Besides, nobody will thump their nose at secession if it were available.
Only a mad man will.

Since it is not available, the next best thing is to make your habitat less of a zoo by taking the bull by the horn.

Your president said one naijeria. We will show him one naijeria. grin
Does it mean Nigeria was a paradise and there were visible developments during Jonathan era, hence, there was no clamouring for Biafra then?
I can see that visible developments during atiku's vice presidency which obi too wants to achieve.

You people are just foolish.
Re: Jubilation In Anambra As Atiku Picks Obi As Running Mate by omoelerin1: 7:29am On Oct 13, 2018
madridsta007:

To your first question: Restructuring is the core of Atiku’s personal manifesto. I’m sure you know this anyway.

To your second comment (and I’m laughing)— it’s clear that you have a fantastic sense of ignorance of Nigeria and the UN statutes anyway. It would be futile explaining things to you. Get a book and read.
What is UN statutes, please?

Sheer illiterate!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

So Amnesty International Was Right Afterall? / Nyesom Wike Visits PDP Presidential Flagbearer, Atiku Abubakar / Buhari Debriefs Permanent Secretaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.