Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,428 members, 7,836,720 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:55 AM

Why Did Jesus Have 12 Men As His Disciples,but No Women? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did Jesus Have 12 Men As His Disciples,but No Women? (1493 Views)

What's The Last Commandment Jesus Gave To His Disciples Before Leaving? / Why Did Jesus Have To Leave The Earth Before The Holy Spirit Would Come? / Jesus Told His Disciples To Take A Donkey And Colt Without The Owner's Consent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did Jesus Have 12 Men As His Disciples,but No Women? by Hakeem12(m): 7:29am On Oct 14, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

I FEEL BAD FOR WOMEN WHO SEE THESE THINGS EITHER IN THE BIBLE OR ELSEWHERE AND SWALLOW THOSE WORDS AS THE ABSOLUTE WORDS OF AN EXISTING ALMIGHTY LOVING GOD WHO CREATED ALL THINGS EQUALLY.

HOW YOU WOMEN STAY COMFORTABLE HEARING SOMEONE CONSTANTLY TELL YOU YOU'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR ALMOST EVERYTHING IS BEYOND ME.

WOMEN ARE BY-PRODUCTS... KAI!
The church, especially the catholic church, had a violent and deceitful history concerning women. The catholic inquisition published a book that arguably can be called the most blood soaked publication in history, malleus malleficarum, they call it.

[It indoctrinated the world to the dangers of free thinking women, and instructed the clergy to locate, torture and destroy them. These deemed " witches" by the church include; scholars, female priestesses, Gypsies, herb gatheres, nature lovers, mathematicians and others. Midwives were killed gruesomely by the church for using practical medical knowledge to ease the pain of childbirth, - a suffering the church believed was God's punishment for Eve partaking in the Apple of Eden, this giving birth to the original sin. During three hundred years of witch hunt my brother, the church burned five million women. Five million.

The propaganda and bloodshed actually worked. Women once celebrated as an essential half of spiritual enlightenment, had been banished from the temples of the world. There were no female orthodox rabbis, no female catholic priests, nor Islamic clerics. The natural sexual union between man and woman by which both became whole had been cast as shameful. In fact all feminists should be atheists if they read stuff bout religion and know what evil it had done to women in the past and still doing though now much more restrained.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did Jesus Have 12 Men As His Disciples,but No Women? by xproducer: 8:32pm On Oct 14, 2018
@ mxpinky - No one can truly say why The Lord Jesus chose in this manner. However note the many women in the Holy Bible that the Lord GOD saved and used for service in His Kingdom (Rahab, Ruth, Deborah, Esther, Mary, Elizabeth, etc, etc...). Note: "Mary Magdalene, Joanna, Mary the mother of James, and the other women with them" were among the women we know that were close to the Lord and the Apostles during His ministry on earth, who were the ones who first reported to the Apostles that the Lord Jesus is risen! So, women have had important roles to play!

The above notwithstanding, I will tell you what the Lord Jesus said to Peter in John 21:20-23, in pertinent part - "...what is that to you? You follow Me.” It is important to keep one's focus on the Lord Jesus, and not on matters that truly do not concern us / or have to do with our salvation.

@ all who have responded to mxpinky's post by indicating something negative/ derogatory against the holy Lord God Jesus Christ, I remind of what He said - "But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment. For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.” - Matthew 12:36-38
Re: Why Did Jesus Have 12 Men As His Disciples,but No Women? by Aaronsrod: 9:26pm On Oct 14, 2018
The Bible says a woman must submit to husband in ALL THINGS.

If she does not submit God will crush her soul in this world and burn her like a witch forever when she dies.

Only through unquestioning obedience is there freedom.
Re: Why Did Jesus Have 12 Men As His Disciples,but No Women? by sonmvayina(m): 9:42pm On Oct 14, 2018
Maybe he was gay... He was giving one of his partner a good BJ on the night of his arrest.. The guy ran away without his cloths when the soldiers approached them..

Mark gospel chapter 10..
Re: Why Did Jesus Have 12 Men As His Disciples,but No Women? by Ranchhoddas: 9:49pm On Oct 14, 2018
felixomor:

Why are you a female instead of a male? Pls tell us why.
Hehehehehehehe! When you go wise this man?
Re: Why Did Jesus Have 12 Men As His Disciples,but No Women? by Ranchhoddas: 9:52pm On Oct 14, 2018
Hakeem12:
The church, especially the catholic church, had a violent and deceitful history concerning women. The catholic inquisition published a book that arguably can be called the most blood soaked publication in history, malleus malleficarum, they call it.

[It indoctrinated the world to the dangers of free thinking women, and instructed the clergy to locate, torture and destroy them. These deemed " witches" by the church include; scholars, female priestesses, Gypsies, herb gatheres, nature lovers, mathematicians and others. Midwives were killed gruesomely by the church for using practical medical knowledge to ease the pain of childbirth, - a suffering the church believed was God's punishment for Eve partaking in the Apple of Eden, this giving birth to the original sin. During three hundred years of witch hunt my brother, the church burned five million women. Five million.

The propaganda and bloodshed actually worked. Women once celebrated as an essential half of spiritual enlightenment, had been banished from the temples of the world. There were no female orthodox rabbis, no female catholic priests, nor Islamic clerics. The natural sexual union between man and woman by which both became whole had been cast as shameful. In fact all feminists should be atheists if they read stuff bout religion and know what evil it had done to women in the past and still doing though now much more restrained.
"Women once celebrated as an essential half of spiritual enlightenment"
When in history was this the case?

1 Like

Re: Why Did Jesus Have 12 Men As His Disciples,but No Women? by felixomor: 2:32am On Oct 15, 2018
Ranchhoddas:
Hehehehehehehe!
When you go wise this man?

Allow the person that was asked to answer.
When will u have the sense to know a question thats yours?
Re: Why Did Jesus Have 12 Men As His Disciples,but No Women? by Kobojunkie: 7:35pm On Feb 14
mxpinky:
You know the bible says Women are not second class citizens in the
Kingdom of God. In Christ Jesus there is neither male nor female (Gal 3:28). Both men and women have equal standing before God.
The Father loves both alike (2 Cor 6:18). The husband and wife are "heirs together of the grace of life" (1 Pet 3:7). Women are not
inferior to men, because one is not independent of the other (1 Cor 11:11,12). Then Why did Jesus have 12 men as His disciples, but no women? Does this mean He was sexist or unfair?
Even the Samaritan woman whom Jesus Christ met at the well in John 4 became a disciple of Jesus Christ. She preached to her people of Him and they believed Jesus Christ as a result. undecided
34 Jesus said, “My food is to do what the one who sent me wants me to do. My food is to finish the work that he gave me to do.
35 When you plant, you always say, ‘Four more months to wait before we gather the grain.’ But I tell you, open your eyes, and look at the fields. They are ready for harvesting now.
36 Even now, the people who harvest the crop are being paid. They are gathering crops for eternal life. So now the people who plant can be happy together with those who harvest.
37 It is true when we say, ‘One person plants, but another person harvests the crop.’
38 I sent you to harvest a crop that you did not work for. Others did the work, and you get the profit from their work.”
39 Many of the Samaritan people in that town believed in Jesus. They believed because of what the woman had told them about him. She had told them, “He told me everything I have ever done.”
40 The Samaritans went to Jesus. They begged him to stay with them. So he stayed there two days.
41 Many more people became believers because of the things he said. - John 4 vs 34 - 41
To make an issue of the first 12, when Jesus Christ recruited so many others even after that is immature. undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

If Adam And Eve Were Light Skinned, How Come We Are Black?? / Your Standing Is Wrapped Up In Jesus - Joseph Prince / I Am Slowly Turning An Atheist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.