Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,912 members, 7,828,192 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

Gather The Stones - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Gather The Stones (229 Views)

"He Shall Gather The Lambs With His Arm." / "He Shall Gather The Lambs With His Arm, And Carry Them In His Bosom." / The Amazing city of pure Gold, Diamonds and precious stones. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Gather The Stones by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 5:16am On Oct 13, 2018
Gather The Stones

And Elijah took twelve stones, according to the number of the tribes of the sons of Jacob, unto whom the word of the Lord came, saying, Israel shall be thy name:

And with the stones he built an altar in the name of the Lord: and he made a trench about the altar, as great as would contain two measures of seed.
1 Kings 18:31-32

The fire of God does not fall until the stones are in place. But what are these stones?

Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner:

this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?

Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.

And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.
Matthew 21:42-44

The stone Jesus is talking about here is Himself. He is the lively stone (1 Cor. 10:1-4), and John 1:1,14 says:

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

The stone is Jesus and He is the Word of God. That means the stone that must first be gathered is the Word of God.

If any opposition falls on it, that opposition will be broken; and when it falls upon any opposition, it grinds it to powder.

That means any time you locate Scriptures that address any issue of concern in your life and use them.

You are spiritually hauling stones against the opposition, breaking them first and then grinding them to powder.

You know the Bible says, "...The scriptures cannot be broken..." (Jn. 10:35).

So, the Word of God cannot be stopped; it is irresistible and always gets its way. When David was going to face Goliath, the Bible says:

And he took his staff in his hand, and chose him five smooth stones out of the brook, and put them in a shepherd's bag which he had,

even in a scrip; and his sling was in his hand: and he drew near to the Philistine.

And David put his hand in his bag, and took thence a stone, and slang it, and smote the Philistine in his forehead, that the stone sunk into his forehead; and he fell upon his face to the earth.

So David prevailed over the Philistine with a sling and with a stone, and smote the Philistine, and slew him; but there was no sword in the hand of David.
1 Samuel 17:40, 49-50

Rather than spend time doing some religious exercises that won't profit you, spend it in the Word, to gather the appropriate stones that will bring down your Goliath.

Go by the River of Life (the Bible), carefully choose and pick up those lively stones (Scriptures).

Put them in your bag (your heart) and then move out against the opposition and you are sure to bring down his head.

Until you settle down to gather the stones that will bring down your opposition, your victory is not in view.

God will not do it for you. In fact, until the stones are gathered and the stage is set, He doesn't show up.

In 1 Kings 18, Elijah gathered the stones and built the altar himself. It's a personal responsibility!

When you go running about, looking for who will pray for you, it shows that you are "stoneless".

Settle down and gather appropriate stones to enforce your victory.

Collecting the stones is easiest if you are a Bible student, one who genuinely feeds on the Word; not one who only begins to search for his Bible on Sunday morning, when it's time to go to church.

If you are an ardent student of the Word, it becomes cheap to scout round from Genesis to Revelation

You do so by the help of the Holy Spirit, Who brings to your remembrance whatsoever things you have learnt of Him.

He helps you locate the appropriate stones you need for whatever battle facing you.

When you rest on Scriptures and you build an altar unto God with them, you have committed heaven in your favour, and an answer is guaranteed.

When like Elijah, you locate and carefully arrange twelve stones from the Word, you can't miss your target.

The Word of God is your rock of defence and offence, and if your faith is hooked to it, it never fails.

It is your only guarantee for victory over your Goliath.

I see that Goliath that has been reproaching you over the years, fall down flat before you, as you haul the stones of the Word of God against him.

Amen.

#Winning Prayers

However to enjoy these benefits you MUST first be born again (saved)...

A Sinner's Prayer for Salvation and Baptism in the Holy Spirit

Heavenly Father, I come to You in the Name of Jesus. Your Word says, "...whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" (Acts 2:21).

I am calling on You. I pray and ask Jesus to come into my heart and be Lord over my life according to Romans 10:9-10.

"If thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." I do that now.

I confess that Jesus is Lord, and I believe in my heart that God raised Him from the dead.

I am now reborn! I am a Christian—a child of Almighty God! I am saved!

You also said in Your Word, "If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: HOW MUCH MORE shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?" (Luke 11:13).

I'm also asking You to fill me with the Holy Spirit. Holy Spirit, rise up within me as I praise God. I fully expect to speak with other tongues as You give me the utterance (Acts 2:4).

(Begin to praise God for filling you with the Holy Spirit. Speak those words and syllables you receive—not in your own language, but the language given to you by the Holy Spirit. You have to use your own voice. God will not force you to speak.)

Now you are a Spirit-filled believer. Continue with the blessing God has given you and pray in tongues each day. You'll never be the same!

Please share❤

I C M...

We Are The Liberation Army, Reloaded!

Helpline, +2348126401351

Jesus is Lord!

(1) (Reply)

Religion Fanaticism / Is Bishop Oyedepo Ricj Enough To Help Nigeria With Her Budget / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 23/10/18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.