Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,316 members, 7,836,372 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:31 AM

Unresolved Issues Delay Formal Announcement Of Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Unresolved Issues Delay Formal Announcement Of Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate (26225 Views)

Shaibu: I'm Loyal To Obaseki But There Are Unresolved Issues In Edo PDP / WTO DG: Okonjo-Iweala, Myung-Hee React To WTO's Formal Announcement / Afenifere Reacts To Peter Obi's Emergence As Atiku’s Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unresolved Issues Delay Formal Announcement Of Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate by Nemesis001: 7:08am On Oct 13, 2018
benuejosh:
pick Peter Obi and loose South West.
What's the economic benefit of South West

Will you people ever vote for pdp when Tinubu is still alive

5 Likes

Re: Unresolved Issues Delay Formal Announcement Of Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate by mikaelzX(m): 7:10am On Oct 13, 2018
Nigerian politics
Re: Unresolved Issues Delay Formal Announcement Of Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate by Das77herbal: 7:10am On Oct 13, 2018
When PDP campaigns, they share umbrellas.

When APC campaigns, they share brooms.

Has anyone seen APGA sharing live chickens before?

Atiku has chosen a stingy running mate.

1 Like

Re: Unresolved Issues Delay Formal Announcement Of Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate by Tambari1974(m): 7:11am On Oct 13, 2018
The truth is that Igbos does not vote on the election day many of them would be in their homes and those from would be running back to the villages thereby voiding their pvcs. The man Atiku should pick a westerner.
Re: Unresolved Issues Delay Formal Announcement Of Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate by ogene007: 7:13am On Oct 13, 2018
benuejosh:
There are plenty PDP faithfuls in SW who will vote to rescue Nigeria. Not every Yoruba person is tribalistic. Go and vote for your Mr Lifeless who is definitely losing the elections.

6 Likes

Re: Unresolved Issues Delay Formal Announcement Of Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate by Nemesis001: 7:13am On Oct 13, 2018
akeentech:
At the end he will choose someone from Southwest.
If reelected ( Saraki and Dogara) and Atiku won.

President: Northeast

VP: Southeast

Senate President: Northcentral

Speaker: Northeast

Where's Southwest and South-south?

what's the electoral value of South West?

You people can make do with SGF for now.

4 Likes

Re: Unresolved Issues Delay Formal Announcement Of Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate by Davindal(m): 7:13am On Oct 13, 2018
They should try nonsense and see it backfire. Is like the Bubu zombies have infiltrated Atiku camp. They want him to fail oo.
Re: Unresolved Issues Delay Formal Announcement Of Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate by Nobody: 7:16am On Oct 13, 2018
benuejosh:

As simple as abc. Those thinking sw is literate enough not to mind where the vp comes from is making a big mistake. Most of d literate ones wont come out. It is d grassroots that vote and d sentiment will be used. It is simple logic to me. SS n SE already belong to pdp so why pick vp from there? D sentiment to be used hereis dat pdp dont care about sw votes. They think they can win without the sw and dat will be d mistake. Pdp needs a sw vp to split d vote in sw. they already split dat of d north with atiku. Good luck to them.

1 Like

Re: Unresolved Issues Delay Formal Announcement Of Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate by AlhajaChinyere: 7:16am On Oct 13, 2018
I KNEW THE INITIAL ANNOUNCEMENT WAS AS USUAL, IBO_MADE!

OBI KO, OBIORA NI!
Re: Unresolved Issues Delay Formal Announcement Of Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate by akeentech(m): 7:17am On Oct 13, 2018
Nemesis001:

what's the electoral value of South West?

You people can make do with SGF for now.

You can say that again
Re: Unresolved Issues Delay Formal Announcement Of Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate by madridsta007(m): 7:18am On Oct 13, 2018
kidman96:
Nigerians please if you don't want to vote Buhari or APC let's not vote PDP either.... PDP is a party with criminals and they are 20 times worse than APC. There other parties with credible presidential aspirants please. Nigeria is not a two party state. I can't believe we are seriously considering Atiku and PDP. Its not been up to 5 years that PDP almost ran this country's economy into the ground... All the criminals who were in PDP ate still there....

I[b] can't believe PDP is still in the conversation.
[/b]

Blame APC’s governmentlessness for this.
Re: Unresolved Issues Delay Formal Announcement Of Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate by Wilstino: 7:18am On Oct 13, 2018
How true is this? According to premium times, Atiku's campaign organisation (APCO) officially released a statement, confirming Obi as Atiku's running mate...

1 Like

Re: Unresolved Issues Delay Formal Announcement Of Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate by SPOILT9JAOLOSHO(m): 7:21am On Oct 13, 2018
post=72037692:

Neither the party leadership nor PDP the governors or National Assembly caucus were consulted before Atiku made the choice of Obi. It came to many party chieftains as a great surprise. That was why many of them were absent at Atiku’s house when the choice was made.

Trouble from day one
Just shut up, your brain had long been substituted with that of Buhari's cows

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unresolved Issues Delay Formal Announcement Of Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate by ikenna44: 7:21am On Oct 13, 2018
In the current dispensation... Where's south-east and south-south?
akeentech:
At the end he will choose someone from Southwest.
If reelected ( Saraki and Dogara) and Atiku won.

President: Northeast

VP: Southeast

Senate President: Northcentral

Speaker: Northeast

Where's Southwest and South-south?

3 Likes

Re: Unresolved Issues Delay Formal Announcement Of Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate by Davindal(m): 7:22am On Oct 13, 2018
tumababa:

As simple as abc. Those thinking sw is literate enough not to mind where the vp comes from is making a big mistake. Most of d literate ones wont come out. It is d grassroots that vote and d sentiment will be used. It is simple logic to me. SS n SE already belong to pdp so why pick vp from there? D sentiment to be used hereis dat pdp dont care about sw votes. They think they can win without the sw and dat will be d mistake. Pdp needs a sw vp to split d vote in sw. they already split dat of d north with atiku. Good luck to them.
Shut up my friend!!! Since Osibanjo has been the veepee, what has he been able to influence, you bigot? What matters is kicking bubu out nxt year. Where veepee comes from is inconsequential.

7 Likes

Re: Unresolved Issues Delay Formal Announcement Of Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate by Santuspuer(m): 7:23am On Oct 13, 2018
I don't see Atiku as the best replacement for Buhari. I don't know when Nigerians will leave this 'party factor' and make the right choices.There are better candidates in other political parties.Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unresolved Issues Delay Formal Announcement Of Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate by Wilstino: 7:23am On Oct 13, 2018
tumababa:

I think the calculation is that SW gets the presidency after the North. Of course SW cant have the VP now and Presidency afterwards?? Personally I think it is an advantage to the SW...
Re: Unresolved Issues Delay Formal Announcement Of Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate by blackmercyvelli(m): 7:24am On Oct 13, 2018
New peper from PDP
Re: Unresolved Issues Delay Formal Announcement Of Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate by ogene007: 7:25am On Oct 13, 2018
Tambari1974:
The truth is that Igbos does not vote on the election day many of them would be in their homes and those from would be running back to the villages thereby voiding their pvcs. The man Atiku should pick a westerner.
Fake news. Igbos vote where they reside all across the country. Remove the Lagos vote from the votes for SW because Lagos is a different bucket. If you know, you know. Even when SW voted massively along ethnic lined in 2015, PDP still had over 40% of the votes. Go and get your facts right. People like you who grew up under a tutelage of tribalism are undergoing a necessary lesson in the national politics of Nigeria. The era of any region trying to propagate 'born to rule' ideology is over. NE/NC/SE/SS and a sizeable percentage of NW/SW voters will give Atiku/Obi the required electoral victory in next year's elections by the special grace of God.

9 Likes

Re: Unresolved Issues Delay Formal Announcement Of Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate by AbdulYungClown: 7:25am On Oct 13, 2018
post=72037692:

Neither the party leadership nor PDP the governors or National Assembly caucus were consulted before Atiku made the choice of Obi. It came to many party chieftains as a great surprise. That was why many of them were absent at Atiku’s house when the choice was made.

Trouble from day one
Dats how it ought to be hommie....Atiku knows what he wants in a VP....nobody should dictate who becomes VP 'no cabal'...

1 Like

Re: Unresolved Issues Delay Formal Announcement Of Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate by franchasng: 7:25am On Oct 13, 2018
Atiku if u can correct this now pls do!

Keep Obi for another post.

Give this to Adesina pls!

Adesina
Okonjo-Iweala

These are your best bet to win 2019 election!

You can appoint Peter Obi as your Finance Minister because he is knowledgeable with financial matters and economy pls correct asap!

We can't afford to lose this election to Buhari because another 4yrs under Buhari's leadership will be hell fire for Nigerians pls cry

3 Likes

Re: Unresolved Issues Delay Formal Announcement Of Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate by Coloradvantage(m): 7:26am On Oct 13, 2018
midolian:

Atiku didn't even make any consultation before picking a running mate. This Atiku will do worse to the evil party than Ambode did to APC if elected...

Of course, social media grin grin
he did, you can never satisfy every body, this is a signal that it is not business as usual. This is a hard decision but nice one for the future of this country. My only advice for atiku is to carry this people complaining along. They are all eyeing 2023 and scared that Obi is not a money sharing politician. There is no body more qualified with much experience than Peter Obi from south east right now. Let's atikulate...

1 Like

Re: Unresolved Issues Delay Formal Announcement Of Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate by ariesbull: 7:27am On Oct 13, 2018
benuejosh:
Pick Peter Obi and loose South West. Pick a Vice from Southwest, renegotiate with South East. promise them Senate President, Secretary to government of the federation and some Juicy Positions. Then when you come back for second term [That's if at all he wins this time] get an igbo vice. With that, you have split South west and gotten hold of south East and a proper fraction of North East, North Central and part of South south. But without that, Buhari gets Southwest 100% back because Yorubas can't vote out their son Osinbajo. And you can't tell me Non-indigenes are higher than indigenes. Buhari captures Northwest 100%, captures Northeast 70% NorthCentral 50%. South south 40% (Edo, split from Akwa Ibom, Delta and Rivers) South East 5%. Remember, Southwest and Northwest brings in the highest votes. Lagos, Ogun/Ibadan, Kano, Kaduna, Sokoto. In Nigerian National politics, to win, get block votes from 2 regions, 50%-70% from another and then the little from split. So i see Buhari still wins.

NOTE: it's only my analysis and Opinion. if you quote me to insult, your candidate loses.

Nobody considers the south west .....the APC said it that they didn't put buhari there
Re: Unresolved Issues Delay Formal Announcement Of Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate by Caseless: 7:28am On Oct 13, 2018
post=72037756:

My personal person.
Been a while...

Both sister and brother are allowed ooo.
grin grin

How your side? You suppose drop free bbq for wailers here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unresolved Issues Delay Formal Announcement Of Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate by kenzysmith: 7:28am On Oct 13, 2018
kidman96:
Nigerians please if you don't want to vote Buhari or APC let's not vote PDP either.... PDP is a party with criminals and they are 20 times worse than APC. There other parties with credible presidential aspirants please. Nigeria is not a two party state. I can't believe we are seriously considering Atiku and PDP. Its not been up to 5 years that PDP almost ran this country's economy into the ground... All the criminals who were in PDP ate still there....

I can't believe PDP is still in the conversation.
ode
Re: Unresolved Issues Delay Formal Announcement Of Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate by bejick(m): 7:29am On Oct 13, 2018
kidman96:

I can't believe PDP is still in the conversation.
Pls tell what APC have done to call us down onye iberiberism
Re: Unresolved Issues Delay Formal Announcement Of Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate by Boyooosa(m): 7:29am On Oct 13, 2018
Hunnn
Re: Unresolved Issues Delay Formal Announcement Of Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate by ollah2: 7:30am On Oct 13, 2018
“While the governors were opposed to the Southeast zone producing vice president, to avoid it affecting the Igbo presidency project in 2023, the National Assembly members were not happy that a man who worked against PDP interest for eight years as governor of the All Progressive Grand Alliance (APGA) was compensated with PDP vice president slot on a platter of gold."

Nigerians are the dumbest set of people on earth. Read the bolded, PDP didnt care if he worked well as a governor. Their only interest is that of the party, do you know think anything will change. It's about the party first and we all know how the same party ruined Nigeria for 16years. Indeed my signature is always true.

2 Likes

Re: Unresolved Issues Delay Formal Announcement Of Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:31am On Oct 13, 2018
Caseless:
grin grin

How your side? You suppose drop free bbq for wailers here.
Hahaha, no be small tin o.
We just say make we check area today o.
Going back to Ask ROCK soon.
As e dey HOT!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unresolved Issues Delay Formal Announcement Of Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate by Ugosample(m): 7:31am On Oct 13, 2018
Nemesis001:
What's the economic benefit of South West

Will you people ever vote for pdp when Tinubu is still alive
don't mind the fools
Re: Unresolved Issues Delay Formal Announcement Of Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate by benuejosh: 7:32am On Oct 13, 2018
ogene007:

There are plenty PDP faithfuls in SW who will vote to rescue Nigeria. Not every Yoruba person is tribalistic. Go and vote for your Mr Lifeless who is definitely losing the elections.
Not when they have APC sitting governors. PDP stands no chance. APC governors will want to deliver their states. So, expect anything. This is Nigerians Politics.
Re: Unresolved Issues Delay Formal Announcement Of Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate by ogene007: 7:32am On Oct 13, 2018
Wilstino:

I think the calculation is that SW gets the presidency after the North. Of course SW cant have the VP now and Presidency afterwards?? Personally I think it is an advantage to the SW...
Keep deceiving yourself. SW will not smell the presidency until the SE/SS have each had their shot at the presidency. There is an unwritten rotational presidency arrangement in operation in Nigeria and you Tinubu misguided boys cannot undermine it. You can however go and vote for your Buhari after all you never supported Atiku's presidential ambition from day one.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ministerial List: A Mockery of Buhari's Anti-Corruption war - Yakassai / 2023: Tinubu’s Camp Jolted By Bode George’s Presidency Bid / Eid-el-kabir: FG Declares June 28th & 29th, 2023 As Public Holidays

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.