Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,170 members, 7,821,971 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

Which Of These Atiku’s 4 Wives Will Be The First Lady If He Becomes President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which Of These Atiku’s 4 Wives Will Be The First Lady If He Becomes President (7864 Views)

Alhassan Doguwa With His 4 Wives And 27 Children / Alhassan Ado Doguwa: I Have 4 Wives, 27 Children & Still Counting / Ebuka Obi-Uchendu: "Who will be Atiku’s First Lady if he wins? Titi or Jamila?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Of These Atiku’s 4 Wives Will Be The First Lady If He Becomes President by lakesidepapa(m): 8:08am On Oct 13, 2018
Since 1992, it has been the 26th year since Alhaji Atiku Abubakar first tried to become Nigeria’s president. In all those years, he has already tried four different times to be President but failed each time. It was only once, in 2007, that Alhaji Atiku Abubakar ever get his party’s ticket which was under the umbrella of the Action Congress (now defunct).
By election date in February 2019, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar would be 72 years old, and it would be his second time ever that he’ll be the flag bearer for any political party as their Presidential candidate. So if Alhaji Atiku Abubakar were to contest and lose again the second time – this time under the umbrella of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), he would be 76 years old by the time of the next election cycle in 2023.
So, this is Alhaji Atiku Abubakar’s last chance to become Nigeria’s President as no Nigerian that old can ever be freshly elected into the Nigeria’s highest ever office. This will also be Alhaji Atiku Abubakar’s best chance to become the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria although it is going to be the most difficult battle of his political career.
However, apart from being the second elected vice-president of Nigeria between 1999 and 2007, not many can say much about the private life of Atiku Abubakar or what his family and home front looks like.
According to reports, Atiku Abubakar was married five times,
currently has 4 wives and 26 children from his marriages . In the book titled ‘Atiku – The Story Of Atiku Abubakar’ , the former vice president explains why he opted for polygamy as a young man. Alhaji Atiku Abubakar said: “I wanted to expand the Abubakar family. I felt extremely lonely as a child. I had no brother and no sister. I did not want my children to be as lonely as I was. This is why I married more than one wife. My wives are my brothers, my sisters, my friends and my advisers and they complement one another”
While serving as an officer of the Nigerian Customs Service at Idi-Iroko, Ogun state, Atiku Abubakar met 19 year old Titilayo Albert, who he secretly married in December 1971, at the Ikoyi registry in Lagos, because her family was initially opposed to the union. On 26 October 1972, Titilayo, now Mrs. Amina Titi Atiku Abubakar delivered a baby girl they named Fatima. She later gave birth to three other children: Adamu, Halima and Aminu, bringing her total children to four.
In January 1979 he married Ladi Yakubu as his second wife. When writing about his decision to be polygamous, Atiku Abubakar said:
“I wanted to expand the Abubakar family. I felt extremely lonely as a child. I had no brother and no sister. I did not want my children to be as lonely as I was. This is why I married more than one wife. My wives are my sisters, my friends, and my advisers and they complement one another.” He has six children with Ladi Atiku Abubakar: Abba, Atiku, Zainab, Ummi-Hauwa, Maryam and Rukayatu.
In his third marriage in 1983, Atiku Abubakar married Princess Rukaiyatu, the 13th child of the late Lamido of Adamawa. Rukaiyatu Atiku Abubakar gave birth to 7 children: Aisha, Hadiza, Aliyu (named after the late Lamido of Adamawa), Asmau, Mustafa, Laila and Abdulsalam.
In 1986, Atiku Abubakar married his fourth wife, Fatima Shettima. Fatima Atiku Abubakar gave birth to her first child Amina (Meena), Mohammed and two sets of twins Ahmed and Shehu, Zainab and Aisha then her last daughter Hafsat, bringing her total number of children to seven.
Alhaji Atiku Abubakar later divorced his second wife Ladi Atiku Abubakar, which allowed him to marry again, as his fourth wife (the maximum permitted him as a Muslim).
In his fifth marriage, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar married Jennifer Iwenjora, who then later became Jamila Atiku Abubakar. Hajia Jamila Atiku Abubakar gave birth to 3 children: Abdulmalik, Zahra and Faisal.
Should Alhaji Atiku Abubakar become the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria come 2019, who among his four wives would be the first lady of the Federal Republic of Nigeria?

Copied
Re: Which Of These Atiku’s 4 Wives Will Be The First Lady If He Becomes President by blackpanda: 8:19am On Oct 13, 2018
Obviously it's Jennifer (Jamila). She is the reigning Queen and also his partner in crime (according to official US reports)

https://www.hsgac.senate.gov/download/report-psi-staff-report-keeping-foreign-corruption-out-of-the-united-states-four-case-histories

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Atiku’s 4 Wives Will Be The First Lady If He Becomes President by mrjaydee(m): 8:25am On Oct 13, 2018
Let them do Primaries first. Then come out with their agendas and we go vote grin

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Atiku’s 4 Wives Will Be The First Lady If He Becomes President by BeardedMeat(m): 8:25am On Oct 13, 2018
blackpanda:
Obviously it's Jennifer (Jamila). She is the reigning Queen and also his partner in crime (according to official US reports)

https://www.hsgac.senate.gov/download/report-psi-staff-report-keeping-foreign-corruption-out-of-the-united-states-four-case-histories
We will still vote for him.

The most senior wife Titi Abubakar is the incoming First lady.

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Atiku’s 4 Wives Will Be The First Lady If He Becomes President by blackpanda: 8:34am On Oct 13, 2018
BeardedMeat:

Ok. We'll see
Re: Which Of These Atiku’s 4 Wives Will Be The First Lady If He Becomes President by Nemesis001: 8:40am On Oct 13, 2018
blackpanda:

We will still vote for him and you will continue wailing for life.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Atiku’s 4 Wives Will Be The First Lady If He Becomes President by blackpanda: 8:49am On Oct 13, 2018
Nemesis001:

We will still vote for him and you will continue wailing for life.

Your vote is your choice, not the winner. Ok

3 Likes

Re: Which Of These Atiku’s 4 Wives Will Be The First Lady If He Becomes President by Naijaguy12345(m): 8:50am On Oct 13, 2018
None because Atiku will never be president. Igbo are only daydreaming.

5 Likes

Re: Which Of These Atiku’s 4 Wives Will Be The First Lady If He Becomes President by Nemesis001: 8:51am On Oct 13, 2018
blackpanda:

Your vote is your choice, not the winner. Ok
same way your propagandas won't influence any shit
Re: Which Of These Atiku’s 4 Wives Will Be The First Lady If He Becomes President by 7lives: 8:55am On Oct 13, 2018
BeardedMeat:

He divorced his first wife to marry Jenifer Douglas, if you no know, now you know.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Of These Atiku’s 4 Wives Will Be The First Lady If He Becomes President by blackpanda: 9:00am On Oct 13, 2018
Nemesis001:

Its not propaganda if its the truth
Evidence is there for all to see

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Atiku’s 4 Wives Will Be The First Lady If He Becomes President by lakesidepapa(m): 9:06am On Oct 13, 2018
7lives:

He divorced his first wife to marry Jenifer Douglas, if you no know, now you know.

False! He divorced his second wife not Titi(First wife), Jennifer is the fifth(last) wife so she can't even smell the office. The first four stand more chance than your Douglas's daughter.

Titi may be the first lady if Atiku eventually win, being the first wife and the most influential among them.
Re: Which Of These Atiku’s 4 Wives Will Be The First Lady If He Becomes President by BeardedMeat(m): 9:24am On Oct 13, 2018
7lives:

Did you read the post?
Re: Which Of These Atiku’s 4 Wives Will Be The First Lady If He Becomes President by Olufemiolaolu(m): 9:26am On Oct 13, 2018
lakesidepapa:
Since 1992, it has been the 26th year since Alhaji Atiku Abubakar first tried to become Nigeria’s president. In all those years, he has already tried four different times to be President but failed each time. It was only once, in 2007, that Alhaji Atiku Abubakar ever get his party’s ticket which was under the umbrella of the Action Congress (now defunct).
By election date in February 2019, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar would be 72 years old, and it would be his second time ever that he’ll be the flag bearer for any political party as their Presidential candidate. So if Alhaji Atiku Abubakar were to contest and lose again the second time – this time under the umbrella of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), he would be 76 years old by the time of the next election cycle in 2023.
So, this is Alhaji Atiku Abubakar’s last chance to become Nigeria’s President as no Nigerian that old can ever be freshly elected into the Nigeria’s highest ever office. This will also be Alhaji Atiku Abubakar’s best chance to become the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria although it is going to be the most difficult battle of his political career.
However, apart from being the second elected vice-president of Nigeria between 1999 and 2007, not many can say much about the private life of Atiku Abubakar or what his family and home front looks like.
According to reports, Atiku Abubakar was married five times,
currently has 4 wives and 26 children from his marriages . In the book titled ‘Atiku – The Story Of Atiku Abubakar’ , the former vice president explains why he opted for polygamy as a young man. Alhaji Atiku Abubakar said: “I wanted to expand the Abubakar family. I felt extremely lonely as a child. I had no brother and no sister. I did not want my children to be as lonely as I was. This is why I married more than one wife. My wives are my brothers, my sisters, my friends and my advisers and they complement one another”
While serving as an officer of the Nigerian Customs Service at Idi-Iroko, Ogun state, Atiku Abubakar met 19 year old Titilayo Albert, who he secretly married in December 1971, at the Ikoyi registry in Lagos, because her family was initially opposed to the union. On 26 October 1972, Titilayo, now Mrs. Amina Titi Atiku Abubakar delivered a baby girl they named Fatima. She later gave birth to three other children: Adamu, Halima and Aminu, bringing her total children to four.
In January 1979 he married Ladi Yakubu as his second wife. When writing about his decision to be polygamous, Atiku Abubakar said:
“I wanted to expand the Abubakar family. I felt extremely lonely as a child. I had no brother and no sister. I did not want my children to be as lonely as I was. This is why I married more than one wife. My wives are my sisters, my friends, and my advisers and they complement one another.” He has six children with Ladi Atiku Abubakar: Abba, Atiku, Zainab, Ummi-Hauwa, Maryam and Rukayatu.
In his third marriage in 1983, Atiku Abubakar married Princess Rukaiyatu, the 13th child of the late Lamido of Adamawa. Rukaiyatu Atiku Abubakar gave birth to 7 children: Aisha, Hadiza, Aliyu (named after the late Lamido of Adamawa), Asmau, Mustafa, Laila and Abdulsalam.
In 1986, Atiku Abubakar married his fourth wife, Fatima Shettima. Fatima Atiku Abubakar gave birth to her first child Amina (Meena), Mohammed and two sets of twins Ahmed and Shehu, Zainab and Aisha then her last daughter Hafsat, bringing her total number of children to seven.
Alhaji Atiku Abubakar later divorced his second wife Ladi Atiku Abubakar, which allowed him to marry again, as his fourth wife (the maximum permitted him as a Muslim).
In his fifth marriage, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar married Jennifer Iwenjora, who then later became Jamila Atiku Abubakar. Hajia Jamila Atiku Abubakar gave birth to 3 children: Abdulmalik, Zahra and Faisal.
Should Alhaji Atiku Abubakar become the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria come 2019, who among his four wives would be the first lady of the Federal Republic of Nigeria?

Copied
Genevieve grin

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Atiku’s 4 Wives Will Be The First Lady If He Becomes President by Krak(m): 9:48am On Oct 13, 2018
blackpanda:

Which Jeniffer? When Atiku was the VP, which of his wives was the Official 2nd Lady? Titilayo of course.

She was the one that had official approval. I doubt this will change if Atiku becomes the president.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Atiku’s 4 Wives Will Be The First Lady If He Becomes President by candygist: 10:10am On Oct 13, 2018
Nemesis001:

Define propaganda ?

(1) (Reply)

Patience Jonathan To Know Fate Of $8.4m, N7.4bn On July 1 / Akwa Ibom Wins 76 Oil Wells Case Against Cross River / INEC Registers Two More Political Parties

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.