Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,783 members, 7,866,061 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 10:50 AM

Yakubu Gowon Salutes President Buhari (Photo) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yakubu Gowon Salutes President Buhari (Photo) (45738 Views)

Ganduje Knelt Down To Greet Muhammadu Buhari-photo / See This Man's EYES as Obasanjo Reaches Out To Shake Buhari (Photo) / Amaechi Standing At The Back Of President Buhari (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yakubu Gowon Salutes President Buhari (Photo) by LoveThemChubby(m): 4:28pm On Oct 13, 2018
mmb:
Carry go Baba.

Do you think Atiku can get this type of salute from Gowon, except from Obasanjo his god.
I salute your level of ignorance! This is a veteran saluting another veteran and zombies are making nonsense comparisons. I shake my head for you and your type.
Re: Yakubu Gowon Salutes President Buhari (Photo) by Cowbuhari: 4:28pm On Oct 13, 2018
What do I care, he should keep saluting his master while his land is been desecrated
Re: Yakubu Gowon Salutes President Buhari (Photo) by Nobody: 4:29pm On Oct 13, 2018
This Gowon, well, it is just a salute. The Generals speak with one voice and OBJ has done that. Forget this charade that Gowon is putting up. Buhari is a goner.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yakubu Gowon Salutes President Buhari (Photo) by senatordave1(m): 4:33pm On Oct 13, 2018
zombieTRACKER:

You can stand with a killer
Did he kill you

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Gowon Salutes President Buhari (Photo) by tonex360: 4:33pm On Oct 13, 2018
Kudos to him, but after the Atikulation of Nigeria in 2019... he will finish the remaining salute at your home in duara.
Re: Yakubu Gowon Salutes President Buhari (Photo) by Nobody: 4:35pm On Oct 13, 2018
Yakubu Gowon,a true national leader,unlike some false thieves from O-W-U.
Re: Yakubu Gowon Salutes President Buhari (Photo) by Jahwinaboy(m): 4:36pm On Oct 13, 2018
It is a norm to salute in military and of course Head of state. Nothing new.
Re: Yakubu Gowon Salutes President Buhari (Photo) by Butterflyleo: 4:38pm On Oct 13, 2018
resurgent4oodua:
#istandwithbuharitill2023

Haters goan die!

Our new and latest convert how you dey? grin
Re: Yakubu Gowon Salutes President Buhari (Photo) by kingthreat(m): 4:39pm On Oct 13, 2018
Humility as its peak. When I see Gowon, I wonder if he's really the person who brought the igbos to their knees grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Gowon Salutes President Buhari (Photo) by tete7000(m): 4:40pm On Oct 13, 2018
See how Archbishop Onaiyekan was looking at the man. In his mind he must be thinking this is just another comedian.
Re: Yakubu Gowon Salutes President Buhari (Photo) by Nobody: 4:42pm On Oct 13, 2018
Banee:
Yakubu Gowon,a true national leader,unlike some false thieves from O-W-U.
Meanwhile in Jos

cc lzaa jumpandpas eternaltruths deomelo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yakubu Gowon Salutes President Buhari (Photo) by perdollar(m): 4:44pm On Oct 13, 2018
he is suffering from dementia
Re: Yakubu Gowon Salutes President Buhari (Photo) by rock003: 4:47pm On Oct 13, 2018
sarrki:

You are a patriot

Do you know that It shall never be well with Pdp ?

God and Humanity rejects them on Seth and heaven

Your own idea of patriotism is support for buhari. What a dumb way to reason

2 Likes

Re: Yakubu Gowon Salutes President Buhari (Photo) by Nobody: 4:49pm On Oct 13, 2018
USELESS MAN, your people are being killed and massacred, you dey dia they salute such Government.
We are really finished

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Gowon Salutes President Buhari (Photo) by yrex01(m): 4:50pm On Oct 13, 2018
zombieTRACKER:

mention any of ur people he killed !!
Re: Yakubu Gowon Salutes President Buhari (Photo) by Nobody: 4:54pm On Oct 13, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Our new and latest convert how you dey? grin

I dey gidigba!

I am ready to battle the wailers to ensure victory for Baba Buhari! We must safeguard our treasury from looters! It might we tough but no sacrifice is too much for Nigeria!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yakubu Gowon Salutes President Buhari (Photo) by SuperStriker: 4:56pm On Oct 13, 2018
resurgent4oodua:

I dey gidigba!

I am ready to battle the wailers to ensure victory for Baba Buhari! We must safeguard our treasury from looters! It might we tough but no sacrifice is too much for Nigeria!

ATIKU VS BUHARI; WHITHER TILTS THE PENDULUM?*

No doubt both candidates above are formidable in their own right, but let's look at their individual strength; *this is purely my personal analysis*. Though I would have preferred a Dakwambo or a Tambuwal, but when the desirable is not available the available becomes the desirable. *This is not about social media noise of SAI BABA but the reality on ground!*

Let's consider the following points; why Atiku has a better advantage.

1. Atiku and Buhari are both Muslims and full blooded Fulanis, so the Hausa-Fulani ethnic stock, won't be concerned on who emerges.

2. The Northern Elders forum will always go for Atiku. Recall in 2007/2011, when the Northern Elders chaired by the late Ciroma, was faced with who to choose between Atiku, Aliyu Gusau, Buhari and Saraki, they unanimously choose Atiku; check records.

3. Integrity; Atiku has integrity issues so has Buhari; Before 2015, Buhari was viewed as a saint and has cult followership, but since, he was given that opportunity, he has not been able to deliver anything meaningful. Change sermon has seriously depleted and doesn't ring bell anymore. Besides Intels, Halliburton & Siemens scandal, APC doesn't have much against Atiku.

4. The Caliphate and Emirate council have withdrawn their support from Buhari. Recall that the Sultan of Sokoto was amongst the first to congratulate Tambuwal during his defection from APC to PDP. The Emir of Kano has always been an Ally of Atiku and he has been vocal against the misgovernance of this administration. Go and Write it down, once the Sultanate and Emirate is against your ambition in the core North, just go and rest.

5. Virtually all Notable religious leader in the North is against Buhari from Sheik Gumi, El ZakZaky, etc. They have been going everywhere campaigning against Buhari, regretting while they voted against Jonathan.

6. Military Establishment from Danjuma, IBB, Abdusalam, etc are already scared that PMB will turn into full scale dictatorship if re-elected. Besides OBJ, who may reconcile with Atiku in the next coming days, they will prefer anybody but PMB.

7. APC is currently in shambles right now. Consequent upon the primaries which is still going on as I write. Aisha Buhari has cried out, Governors Yari, Bello, Amosun, Akeredolu, El Rufai, etc are threatening brimstone and fire. I don't envy Oshiomole at all. Almost all the states APC is in control are having major crisis resulting from the conduct of the primaries. Adams automatic tickets to loyal Senators has backfired. Okorocha just returned himself and his son-in-law as Senatorial and guber aspirants respectively. And so on and so forth. I see this challenges snowball into unmanageable monumental crisis.
PDP to my astonishment achieved almost 90% rancour free primaries! And they will reap abundantly from the APC crisis!

8. Atiku political foray started more than 30years ago. You can see how he earlier rejected PH as venue for the convention, but later accepted and beat Wike to his game. The reason Atiku has not won the Presidency is because he has never emerged the candidate of a major National political party; ACN then was just a regional party. *With almost a limitless and unmatchable financial war chest, he will deploy his financial arsenal, knowing this is his last shot at the Presidency* I doubt if any politician as prepared as him.

9. The average Northerner likes power so much, whether they benefit or not. They know if PMB wins he has just 4 years, but if Atiku wins he might have 8 years. *I tell you with their penchant for love of power they might tilt towards Atiku because of another 8years!*

10. Recall that Atiku inherited the late Shehu Yaradua political machinery the SDM; even in Katsina he is loved because of this relationship. Most SDM members in other political parties will work for him. The roll call includes; IBB, Orji Uzor Kalu, Tony Anenih, Kingibe, Ibori, Lamido, Aliyu, etc.

11. The business establishment like banks, conglomerates, oil majors, magnates, business moguls, captains of industries, Importers/Exporters, etc will go for Atiku any day any time, you can take that to the bank

12. Religious bodies are already frustrated with PMB; There is no major Christian denomination who supported PMB in 2015, who are still with him now. From CAN, PFN, Oyedepo, Adeboye, Lazarus Mouka, Mbaka, Paul Enenche, Sulaiman, Bakare, etc has abandoned the change project. *Atiku will win majority Christian vote and divide Muslim vote with Buhari*

13. The Academia and the Labour movement have not hidden the direction they will go in 2019; it's almost anybody but Buhari.

14. Atiku's greatest selling point has been restructuring, but PMB doesn't even talk about it. The Southern and Middle Belt leaders will mobilise support for Atiku; Ohaneze, PANDEF, Afenifere, Middle Belt Forum, etc. Take my words to the bank!

15. Atiku will sweep votes from the North East; the sentiments are rife that no North-Eastern individual has ruled this country as President before! He will whip that sentiments massively. Watch Atiku, his propaganda campaign machinery might be second to none!

16. Just like PDP propaganda machine pushed PMB to victory in 2015, I see APC making a bigger blunder than PDP on Atiku. The way and manner they have started attacking Atiku even before campaign proper will eventually, endear Atiku more to the electorates. Remember how they lost Osun in the first round of voting regardless of the avalanche of attacks against Adeleke!

17. Geopolitical zonal permutations; SS & SE is already a given for Atiku. Atiku has always been a darling of the SW, besides the fact, that his most popular wife Titi is from there. In fact in the just concluded PDP National convention, the SW voted for him en block. Afenifere has been on the fore front of restructuring. In fact Pa Adebanjo, Reuben Fasoranti and Olu Falaye have said Atiku is the only candidate to implement restructuring. Middle Belt and North Central will go for Atiku. With the likes of IBB, Abdusalami, Saraki, Ortom, Useni, Mama Taraba, Mark, Gemade, Jonah Jang, etc leading the charge. They all believe Atiku is a moderate. NE is gone because of the earlier stated sentiments. NW votes will be splited; if Kwankwanso, Tambuwal, Lamido, Datti Ahmed, Turaki, Markafi, etc all agreed to work for Atiku, PMB will win NW, but Atiku will pick serious votes there. *Recall Zamfara is almost gone with Governor Yari defection few days away*

Let me stop here before I start answering questions, I don't have answers for.

2019 is very interesting; Muslim VS Muslim, Fulani VS Fulani, Former APC VS current APC, North VS North, money versus more money. This is my veiw from daks.

Augustine Idahosa

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Gowon Salutes President Buhari (Photo) by arewaboy01(m): 5:10pm On Oct 13, 2018
ATIKU WILL BE PRESIDENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF BIAFRA

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Gowon Salutes President Buhari (Photo) by Ganamustgo(m): 5:11pm On Oct 13, 2018
01mcfadden:
Just when you think you've seen it all, then you see Sarkii quoting himself.
Lol

That is symptoms of zombiism.
Re: Yakubu Gowon Salutes President Buhari (Photo) by Nobody: 5:15pm On Oct 13, 2018
castrol180:
Is Gowon not superior to this guy (Buhari) who refered to women as to belong to the 'other room'...and why saluting him? What is there to salute in person who doesn't have respect in women. He is a tribal bigotry and ethnocentric by attitude

He can now attend interfaith conference on religious harmony...no, no no, it's too late for that

SE = Atiku

SS = Atiku

Half North - Atiku

NC= Atiku

Half SW - Atiku

Buhari and his people will not sleep throughout this election period.
You better wake up from that you concursion before it's too late
Re: Yakubu Gowon Salutes President Buhari (Photo) by Jubiliee: 5:15pm On Oct 13, 2018
With Buhari I stand
Re: Yakubu Gowon Salutes President Buhari (Photo) by Nobody: 5:16pm On Oct 13, 2018
3rdavefarms:
I can’t wait for God to shame Buhari and Tinubu to hell come 2019 ... they don’t act like democrat they are even worse than Abacha ... May the soul of General sani Abacha Rest In Peace and Yaradu’a
I agree with you that they don't act like a democrat to you and people like you because it is no longer business as usual with Buhari. He has blocked all the loop holes you know to run away with our collective money. It is only corrupt people like you and Fani Kayode who will hate him with passion because of corrupt case files @ EFCC. So, who is telling you Atiku you are praising now will be the one to satisfy your greed? If you like keep cursing him every day till 2019 election comes, your curse can never have any effect on him because he is determined and working harder to make better changes in Nigeria than he met it. Obj came, you abused him, Jonathan came, you insulted and abused him, Buhari came, you are insulting and abusing him. Who is telling you Atiku will be the one to solve your problem when people like you are even worse than the leaders and usually think in ignorance and upside down. If they are not doing it well, why can't you go and join party or float your own party to effect changes ? Talking is cheap, anybody can use mouth to run governance, but practically, is it easy to rule people like you with irrational and inverse thinking. After one year in office, you will come again to abuse your 'Atikulation'? You will be accusing others while you fail to remove logs in your own eye. If you like, keep wailing in '3D', Buhari, is the option till 2023, and if you don't like it, you can pass desert to Europe, and after 2023, you can come back to the country. We are tired with experimentation of leaders, Buhari is a better option as of today, if you like hate him because of tribe you/he comes from, if you like, hate him because of religion affiliation you belong, if you like, hate him because of political affiliation you belong. If you like hate him because your corruption cases have been exposed and you are to refund the money you stole. If you like hate him, because you think, he is old. Even if you like hate him from your mother womb, he is the president of Federal Republic of Nigeria till 2023.

2 Likes

Re: Yakubu Gowon Salutes President Buhari (Photo) by candygist: 5:31pm On Oct 13, 2018
sarrki:

A nationalistic statement

Intelligent men you people are
Re: Yakubu Gowon Salutes President Buhari (Photo) by sarrki(m): 5:32pm On Oct 13, 2018
candygist:

Intelligent men you people are

We are patriots

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Gowon Salutes President Buhari (Photo) by NotJustOkay: 5:35pm On Oct 13, 2018
zombieTRACKER:

Tell us how many people he has killed in your family or STFU.

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Gowon Salutes President Buhari (Photo) by yuvisan: 5:37pm On Oct 13, 2018
Wow !!!

SO THERE ARE GENERALS THEAT LOVE PRESIDENT MUHAMMADU BUHARI ?

GOD BLESS THEM MIGHTLY IN THE MIGHTY NAME OF JESUS ! AMEN

LONG LIVE PMB !

2019 CONTINUATION , CONSOLIDATION AND CONCRETISATION !
Re: Yakubu Gowon Salutes President Buhari (Photo) by jamace(m): 5:43pm On Oct 13, 2018
Gowon is a misroad. Fulanis have killed all his people in Plateau state yet he has NEVER spoken for his people.
Re: Yakubu Gowon Salutes President Buhari (Photo) by Yankee101: 5:44pm On Oct 13, 2018
sarrki:
General Yakubu Gowon it is well with you
Muhammadu Buhari I Love you

Sarrki, har yanzu baka sadakar ba? You still never give up?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Okorocha Cruises With His First Son, Aham In Sokoto / Tompolo's 48th Birthday: Niger Deltans Celebrate In Grand Style (Photos) / The Police Station Built By Shauibu Saleh, Kaduna North LGA Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.