Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:01 AM

Which Psalm Works For You As A Christian? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which Psalm Works For You As A Christian? (12212 Views)

You Anoint My Head with Oil........Psalm 23:5. (THE TRUE MEANING!) / As A Christian, Is Court Wedding In Place Of Church Wedding Acceptable By God? / Benevolent Muslims In The House! A Christian Needs To Eat Sallah Ram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Psalm Works For You As A Christian? by SINZ: 7:44am On Oct 14, 2018
post=72069243:

Haba, na where dat one dey?!
shocked shocked shocked

Dude stop flooding the thread and let others leave their own comments. Why you trying so hard to earn your monthly 30k?
Re: Which Psalm Works For You As A Christian? by SINZ: 7:46am On Oct 14, 2018
post=72069282:
Live with it!
Don't sweat It!

Thanking God for the gift of life in good health.

Buhari can't say this grin

1 Like

Re: Which Psalm Works For You As A Christian? by youngest85(m): 7:48am On Oct 14, 2018
Psalm 205
Re: Which Psalm Works For You As A Christian? by Doorstop: 7:48am On Oct 14, 2018
Psalm 139: 23-24 GNBDK

Examine me, O God, and know my mind; test me, and discover my thoughts.
Find out if there is any evil in me and guide me in the everlasting way.

For me, it's like a prayer for God's guidance.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Psalm Works For You As A Christian? by myproperty(m): 7:48am On Oct 14, 2018
Psalm 16:6
"The lines are fallen unto me in pleasant places; yea, I have a goodly heritage"

Uses: The portion allocated to me as treasures. my inheritance is better than others yet i didn't take part in the apportionment all I have to do is to accept and proclaim what God has done for me.

3 Likes

Re: Which Psalm Works For You As A Christian? by eagleeye2: 7:57am On Oct 14, 2018
Psalm 27 Psalm 23 Psalm 35 Psalm 91 Psalm 130 And some others like Psalm 54 etc

2 Likes

Re: Which Psalm Works For You As A Christian? by CJAYseven: 7:58am On Oct 14, 2018
SINZ:
Psalm 239:7 - for toto is given to a generation to Bleep till it cums that thou mayest knowest that the son of man when horrny, aint playing grin
Jesus loves you.

1 Like

Re: Which Psalm Works For You As A Christian? by vineyardfarms: 7:59am On Oct 14, 2018
dopemama:
Happy Sunday to you all! So I ll like to ask, which chapter of psalm is your favourite or works for you? And what situation prompts you to use them? Pls share so others can learn too, Happy Sunday once again.
Ps 51, 4, 18, 35, 91, 109, 140 and 121 they never fail me. By 12 am

2 Likes

Re: Which Psalm Works For You As A Christian? by Jrevelation(m): 8:01am On Oct 14, 2018
PSALM 89

2 Likes

Re: Which Psalm Works For You As A Christian? by kerry57: 8:02am On Oct 14, 2018
Psalm 91 no get part 2. It's just too effective

4 Likes

Re: Which Psalm Works For You As A Christian? by Lloydfather(m): 8:02am On Oct 14, 2018
Psalm 113.
It was introduced to me by my mum when I was about leaving my village for Lagos in search of greeners pasture.

3 Likes

Re: Which Psalm Works For You As A Christian? by CaptainFM1: 8:03am On Oct 14, 2018
Hakeem12:
The usual definition of a miracle is an event not explicable by natural or scientific laws. By that definition, no miracle has ever been proven to have happened, so we can say that miracles are not real.

The miracles attributed to Jesus in the New Testament were written down more than forty years after Jesus is said to have lived and were, at best, based on hearsay or, at worst were literary creations designed to foster belief in the newly emerging faith. Acts of the Apostles is now believed to have been written early in the second century, when the events it portrayed were already a whole lifetime in the past. Whereas Actscould portray Peter and Paul as having long ago performed miracles, this was a luxury Paul could not indulge in when writing his epistles because those to whom he wrote his epistles actually knew him and could challenge any claim to having performed a great miracle.

So it was throughout the early centuries of Christianity. Miracles were always reported as taking place in a more distant place or time, such that readers of the accounts were unlikely to be able to challenge the truth of the miracles.

When Catholicism began to become more involved with the veneration of the Virgin Mary, there was a lot of interest in whether she would appear and provide messages of support. She soon began to appear, but her appearances were generally to poor children in remote communities. Children who reported seeing a strange woman in the neighbourhood were encouraged to elaborate on their stories until they became clearer visions of the virgin Mary, but disinterested adults were never able to confirm the sightings.

The important Mexican Guadalupe tradition is of a poor Indian named Juan Diego who saw a vision of the Virgin Mary on 9th December 1531, barely ten years after the Spanish Conquest, asking him to have a chapel built in Tepeyac in her honour. 9th December is the day after the feast of the Immaculate Conception. This tradition is unknown until we find it written down a hundred years later by Father Miguel Sanchez.

Random events, such as remission of disease or survival of natural disasters are sometimes spoken of as miracles, but these can be excluded because atheists and people of every possible faith are equally likely to survive.

Perhaps we could redefine a miracle as the record of an amazing event that supposedly took place long ago or in some distant place, such that it is no longer possible to refute the evidence.

Dress up and go to church! Only Jesus can save your soul.

2 Likes

Re: Which Psalm Works For You As A Christian? by Nobody: 8:13am On Oct 14, 2018
dopemama:
Happy Sunday to you all! So I ll like to ask, which chapter of psalm is your favourite or works for you? And what situation prompts you to use them? Pls share so others can learn too, Happy Sunday once again.
It all depends on what situation u are facing at the moment..
Re: Which Psalm Works For You As A Christian? by seenter84: 8:13am On Oct 14, 2018
Psalm 121

1 Like

Re: Which Psalm Works For You As A Christian? by Evince(m): 8:20am On Oct 14, 2018
that story book is the oldest and boldest lie ever told. god and this bible are all lies

1 Like

Re: Which Psalm Works For You As A Christian? by cardoctor(m): 8:22am On Oct 14, 2018
Psalm 34

1 Like

Re: Which Psalm Works For You As A Christian? by Hakeem12(m): 8:22am On Oct 14, 2018
CaptainFM1:

Dress up and go to church! Only Jesus can save your soul.
skip church, you are too old to believe fairy tales
Re: Which Psalm Works For You As A Christian? by Nobody: 8:24am On Oct 14, 2018
The Whole Psalms Work For Those Who Meet The Condition In Chapter 1 Verse 1.

1 Like

Re: Which Psalm Works For You As A Christian? by Yesbody: 8:31am On Oct 14, 2018
Psalmon 121 I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.

2 My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth.

3 He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.

4 Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.

5 The Lord is thy keeper: the Lord is thy shade upon thy right hand.

6 The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.

7 The Lord shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul.

8 The Lord shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Psalm Works For You As A Christian? by JobNoticer: 8:38am On Oct 14, 2018
Hmmmm... The Psalm is more than we can say...

APPLY FOR THIS JOB
Connect Rail Services Limited (CRS Ltd) is recruiting Graduate Intern, Administrative Secretary and Accounts Officer at their Lagos office interested applicants should find out more below;

CLICK HERE TO APPLY

We are recruiting to fill the position below:

Job Title: Graduate Intern

Job Title: Administrative Secretary

Job Title: Accounts Officer

How to Apply

CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Re: Which Psalm Works For You As A Christian? by techstack: 8:45am On Oct 14, 2018
Psalm 91

1 Like

Re: Which Psalm Works For You As A Christian? by Jokerman(m): 8:45am On Oct 14, 2018
Psalms 23; Psalms 91

1 Like

Re: Which Psalm Works For You As A Christian? by Culin(f): 8:52am On Oct 14, 2018
Psalm 23. For me those few words contain a thousand prayer points/positive confessions.

1 Like

Re: Which Psalm Works For You As A Christian? by orisa37: 8:53am On Oct 14, 2018
Psalm 151. It shall work soon in Nigerian Politics.

1 Like

Re: Which Psalm Works For You As A Christian? by follus(m): 8:55am On Oct 14, 2018
psalm 19 vs 1

1 Like

Re: Which Psalm Works For You As A Christian? by dragon2(m): 8:57am On Oct 14, 2018
I love psalm 25:1-12

Unto thee, O Lord, do I lift up my soul.

2 O my God, I trust in thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me.

3 Yea, let none that wait on thee be ashamed: let them be ashamed which transgress without cause.

4 Shew me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths.

5 Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day.

6 Remember, O Lord, thy tender mercies and thy lovingkindnesses; for they have been ever of old.

7 Remember not the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions: according to thy mercy remember thou me for thy goodness' sake, O Lord.

8 Good and upright is the Lord: therefore will he teach sinners in the way.

9 The meek will he guide in judgment: and the meek will he teach his way.

10 All the paths of the Lord are mercy and truth unto such as keep his covenant and his testimonies.

11 For thy name's sake, O Lord, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great.

12 What man is he that feareth the Lord? him shall he teach in the way that he shall choose.

1 Like

Re: Which Psalm Works For You As A Christian? by dragon2(m): 8:59am On Oct 14, 2018
Despite all his flaws, david was a remarkable man.
Re: Which Psalm Works For You As A Christian? by Allansmith: 9:09am On Oct 14, 2018
Psalms 20 is that psalms i recite anytime should I be in any situation and it has always worked for me...
Re: Which Psalm Works For You As A Christian? by bossGeh(f): 9:10am On Oct 14, 2018
Ps 119:105

Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path.
smiley smiley
Re: Which Psalm Works For You As A Christian? by Conqueror89: 9:25am On Oct 14, 2018
Psalm 35. Happy sunday ..

1 Like

Re: Which Psalm Works For You As A Christian? by Sleekfingers: 9:35am On Oct 14, 2018
DavidEsq:

Psalms no be incantation na. Why u dey reason like dat?

If u don't know...psalm na incantation...what's the meaning of incantation?.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? / HINDUISM RELIGION!!! INDIA SPIRITUAL TEMPLE!!! SOLUTION TO PROBLEMS!! / Atheists Can't Find The "Missing Link"!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.