Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,213 members, 7,811,583 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:05 PM

What The Bible Says About Drinking - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What The Bible Says About Drinking (424 Views)

When The Bible Says Men Should Not Wear Women's Clothes / Lady Dumped By Boyfriend On Christmas Eve, Rescued After Drinking Sniper / What Your Breasts Shape Says About Your Personality! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What The Bible Says About Drinking by donvoice(m): 3:52pm On Oct 14, 2018
WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS ABOUT DRINKING ALCOHOL

If as a Christian you are still arguing for a little alcohol, you need help URGENTLY!!!

THE TRUTH YOU SHOULD KNOW;
In the Old Testament kings and priests were not to take alcohol; others could do. For those who were allowed to take alcohol in the Old Testament they were not to take it excessively. That was in the Old Testament. However, even in the Old Testament, priests and kings were not to take alcohol (Prov. 31:4).

In the New Testament, Jesus made all Christians ‘kings and priests’ (Rev. 1:6). So, the way kings and priests were not to take alcohol in the Old Testament, the same way it applies in the New Testament. The difference is that in the Old Testament not everyone was a priest or king, but in the New Testament, Christ has made us kings and priests. So, it is no longer about taking a little alcohol, it is all about not taking any alcohol.

The argument by people is that it is not written literary in the Bible that drinking alcohol is not acceptable. These people follow the letter (logos) of the word but the letter killeth (2 Cor. 3:6). Between the letters lie deep and eternal truths. Don’t read the Bible from the surface; be opened to truths which the Spirit reveals. It may not support what you always knew or strongly held to, but it will help you live pleasing to God. Ephesians 5:18.
Re: What The Bible Says About Drinking by hisgrace090: 3:56pm On Oct 14, 2018
You know nothing about bible and alcoholics.

New testament apostles read the old testament more than you and yet accepted alcoholic.

1 Like

Re: What The Bible Says About Drinking by pointblank247(m): 4:07pm On Oct 14, 2018
picking on 'old testatament' when it helpe your argument is the mark of hypocrisy in mordern day cyristianity, in the socalled old testament God told humanity to rest and worship him on saturday, christ came and observed it his disciples and Paul did same, today people are fooling people with lies and calling it the word of God. i believe the bible from genesis to revelation.
Re: What The Bible Says About Drinking by hahn(m): 4:09pm On Oct 14, 2018
Jesus turned water to wine. That's all grin

1 Like

Re: What The Bible Says About Drinking by MrSensor(m): 4:14pm On Oct 14, 2018
ok
Re: What The Bible Says About Drinking by bossvinqualad25(m): 4:49pm On Oct 14, 2018
When u are in need of durable and quality cars u can always count on me to give you the best,for more information,check my signature

(1) (Reply)

The Cream Came Recommended By A Friend Who Had Achieved Amazing Results / My Husband Cannot Sexually Satisfy Me / 9 Signs You're In A Romantic Relationship With The Wrong Person.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.