Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,993 members, 7,821,469 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:22 PM

Power Supply Still Under 4,000MW, So What Has Buhari Done??? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Supply Still Under 4,000MW, So What Has Buhari Done??? (1476 Views)

Power Generation Falls Below 4,000MW Amid Gas, Trasmission Problems / Has Buhari/FG Actually Mishandled COVID-19 Pandemic? / Why Has Buhari Abandoned The East-West Road? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Power Supply Still Under 4,000MW, So What Has Buhari Done??? by kYjelly2: 5:00pm On Oct 14, 2018
Nigeria’s power sector has struggled to sustain an average daily supply of 3,761 megawatts (MW) within the first nine months of 2018, according to a performance trend data obtained from the office of the Vice President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo.

The power sector also lost N381 billion during the period under review as a result of high frequency resulting from unavailability of distribution infrastructure, poor gas supplies to generation companies, and water management constraints were the major challenges of the sector.
The data obtained by THISDAY revealed that after the sector achieved a peak power generation of 5,222MW on December 18, 2017, it managed to generate and supply up to 4000MW for only 72 out of the 263 days of 2018.

The Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, and electricity distribution companies (Discos) through their umbrella association – the Association of Electricity Distributors of Nigeria (ANED) have persistently disagreed on Nigeria’s power generation and distribution figures.

Fashola has insisted that the Muhammadu Buhari-led administration has been making steady progress in electricity generation and distribution.

The minister in August during a retreat of the ministry in Cross River State, stated that power distribution had risen to 5,222MW. He also said it was an all-time national high.

However, THISDAY’s summation of the production and supply figures in the power supply trend, showed that the highest generation and supply mark attained so far in 2018 was 4419.6MW achieved on March 28.

The data analysed also showed that high frequency resulting from unavailability of distribution infrastructure; poor gas supplies to generation companies; and water management constraints were the major challenges of the sector.

It was further discovered that on the average, the sector could not supply up to 2,914MW of electricity to homes and offices in the country due to these constraints. Equally, under the period under consideration, the market had not earned a whooping sum of N381.798 billion due to the various operational constraints it encountered.

According to it, in January, the sector managed to produce and supply an average of 3697MW daily; in February, it did 3937MW; in March, it supplied 4029MW; as well as 3985MW in April.

Continuing, in May, 3,780MW was the average daily energy level the sector could afford to produce and supply, while 3588MW was produced averagely in June. For July, it was 3619MW; 3660MW in August, and then 3,486MW so far in September which has about seven days left to come to an end.

For the unearned revenue, January accounted for N40.419 billion; February was N35.522 billion; March was N36.399 billion; April was N33.175 billion; while June had N48.759 billion. The month of July saw the sector failing to earn N50.082 billion, while August saw it lose the most as N59.976 billion could not be earned. So far in September, it has lost N36.439 billion.

The trend report also indicated that for the period, a total of 182,741 metric million standard cubic feet (mmscuf) of gas was supplied to power generation plants in the sector, thus indicating an average of 20,304 million standard cubic feet per day per month and 654.985mmscf/d.
On the average, the data also showed that four power plants were shutdown mostly on account of gas constraint.

Notwithstanding, a daily operational report of the sector’s performance showed that for instance that on September 21, which is the most recent of its daily reports, average energy sent out was 3,710MW up by 613.5MW from what was delivered the previous day.

It also stated that 1,452.2MW was not generated due to unavailability of gas, while 2,350.3MW was not generated due to high frequency resulting from unavailability of distribution infrastructure.

The power sector, it explained lost an estimated N1.825 billion on September 21, due to insufficient gas supply, distribution infrastructure and transmission infrastructure, just as its dominant constraint for the period remained high frequency resulting from unavailability of distribution infrastructure.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2018/09/27/power-supply-stagnates-at-3761mw-sector-loses-n381bn/

2 Likes

Re: Power Supply Still Under 4,000MW, So What Has Buhari Done??? by SarkinYarki: 5:01pm On Oct 14, 2018
If Buhari tell you he has increased power supply as him to show you the new PowerPlant he built that generated it ? It's very simple

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Supply Still Under 4,000MW, So What Has Buhari Done??? by nairalanded: 5:01pm On Oct 14, 2018

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Supply Still Under 4,000MW, So What Has Buhari Done??? by kYjelly2: 5:02pm On Oct 14, 2018
This is the same 3000mw-4000mw we have been struggling with since time immemorial

Yet you guys still want to vote in the same APC or PDP, why can't we try someone else.

Walahi, the heat and mosquitoes are no joke. How can we call ourselves humans in this country with no electricity, this is rubbish

3 Likes

Re: Power Supply Still Under 4,000MW, So What Has Buhari Done??? by abduljabbar4(m): 5:04pm On Oct 14, 2018
At least he didnt spend $16 billion.
How do you expect the owner of mikano to fix your power? cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Power Supply Still Under 4,000MW, So What Has Buhari Done??? by arsenalLUVA: 5:15pm On Oct 14, 2018
He hasn't spent $16 billion at least. If we're to vote him out, we should try maybe Donald Duke(Sdp). Not the same set of people who carried out the successful heist. Idiots!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Supply Still Under 4,000MW, So What Has Buhari Done??? by Pekele007: 5:17pm On Oct 14, 2018
He is cluelessly phighting kwaruotion grin

The lifeless one is busy calling those who didn't vote him 5%.

5 Likes

Re: Power Supply Still Under 4,000MW, So What Has Buhari Done??? by Nyamuriflathead: 5:18pm On Oct 14, 2018
Wail All You Want, Its A Waste Of Time.

An Nyamuri VP Will Not Work In Nigeria... The Day Atiku Changes The VP Slot To The Southwest Or South/ South. I'll Be The First Northerner To Campaign For Him On Nairaland.

Nyamuri?? NEVER AGAIN..
Re: Power Supply Still Under 4,000MW, So What Has Buhari Done??? by kYjelly2: 5:19pm On Oct 14, 2018
abduljabbar4:

My candidate is Sowore!

How most of you Nigerians look to your past failures in Buhari and Atiku in hopes of solving your future problems is beyond me!

I almost feel like crying for Nigeria with the mentality of most of the citizens campaigning for these politicians when there are better alternatives out right now, only for these same Nigerians to start crying of hardship and asking God why? Same people will start begging, looking for food to eat, looking for good jobs, looking for fuel and diesel for their gens, looking for good hospitals within the country, looking for common National ID card, waiting years to get a drivers license if you don't "square" dem, getting killed by police for bribe, dealing with tanker fires, dealing with bad roads, dealing with low minimum wage that a foreigner earns in a day....

Yet, come election time, they will scream and beg for the same theives and brain dead leaders to come back undecided

Look at common electricity, we have been struggling with this under 4000mw for decades now, yet with highly educated leaders in power, this problem could be solved in a couple of years, but you Nigerians will NEVER allow people that will solve your problems to lead you. Look at that Gandujes bribe video, that money he collected can add 100kw of Solar straight to the grid and the cool thing about that is no gas or fuel would be needed to keep the plant going, yet these same Politicians will tell you that Power can't be fixed easily, how will it be fixed easily when you are always stealing all the money

Nigerians suffering from Stockholm Syndrome

2 Likes

Re: Power Supply Still Under 4,000MW, So What Has Buhari Done??? by olaNL: 5:23pm On Oct 14, 2018
He expanded the grid transmission capacity from 4000MW to 7000MW, this is the first phase of increasing the power supply. The next phase is increasing power generation.

It's only logical to increase the transmission capacity before increasing generation.

2 Likes

Re: Power Supply Still Under 4,000MW, So What Has Buhari Done??? by Jesusofdaura: 5:29pm On Oct 14, 2018
Nyamuriflathead:
Wail All You Want, Its A Waste Of Time.

An Nyamuri VP Will Not Work In Nigeria... The Day Atiku Changes The VP Slot To The Southwest Or South/ South. I'll Be The First Northerner To Campaign For Him On Nairaland.

Nyamuri?? NEVER AGAIN..

Hahahahaha!!
Its Surprising That They Still Want To Become VP To A Northerner. Was This Not The Sole Reason They Made Mockery Of Yorubas On Nairaland Calling Them Afonjas? Karma Is A Bitch!!!

Politically Confused People.
Re: Power Supply Still Under 4,000MW, So What Has Buhari Done??? by RevenGeMission: 5:33pm On Oct 14, 2018
Power generation has increased very much , distribution is the problem, earlier this year or late last year , power generations stood at 7000 until collapse of grids, also i know for sure several power plants are being built by this administration, it can't be completed in a year or two weeks like some idiots think

A little patience is what we need to start seeing what's being achieved

2 Likes

Re: Power Supply Still Under 4,000MW, So What Has Buhari Done??? by hisgrace090: 5:35pm On Oct 14, 2018
No single megawatt added for almost 4 years.

6 Likes

Re: Power Supply Still Under 4,000MW, So What Has Buhari Done??? by Butterflyleo: 5:37pm On Oct 14, 2018
olaNL:
He expanded the grid transmission capacity from 4000MW to 7000MW, this is the first phase of increasing the power supply. The next phase is increasing power generation.

It's only logical to increase the transmission capacity before increasing generation.

Only truthful comment here
Re: Power Supply Still Under 4,000MW, So What Has Buhari Done??? by RevenGeMission: 5:43pm On Oct 14, 2018
Don't mind those people who can't see Beyond their nose

If anything applies , It is this quote

I used to think the south-East, South south, Niger Delta was very sophisticated. I was wrong. They are the most gullible. They fall for every poisoned carrot dangled before them

I guess now we can call them sophiscated Morons ? those who hate Fulanis with passion , Hate Buhari like he is death are the ones rooting for Atiku , A Muslim Fulani man as well , Same age as Buhari when Buhari was contesting for the elections (which they attacked like their life depended on it !)

abduljabbar4:

2 Likes

Re: Power Supply Still Under 4,000MW, So What Has Buhari Done??? by abduljabbar4(m): 5:48pm On Oct 14, 2018
RevenGeMission:
Don't mind those people who can't see Beyond their nose

If anything applies , It is this quote

I used to think the south-East, South south, Niger Delta was very sophisticated. I was wrong. They are the most gullible. They fall for every poisoned carrot dangled before them

I guess now we can call them sophiscated Morons ? those who hate Fulanis with passion , Hate Buhari like he is death are the ones rooting for Atiku , A Muslim Fulani man as well , Same age as Buhari when Buhari was contesting for the elections (which they attacked like their life depended on it !)

They are confused beyond redemption
Re: Power Supply Still Under 4,000MW, So What Has Buhari Done??? by udemzyudex(m): 5:54pm On Oct 14, 2018
olaNL:

How many years will it take to do that?

Get out of here jare.

1 Like

Re: Power Supply Still Under 4,000MW, So What Has Buhari Done??? by olaNL: 6:01pm On Oct 14, 2018
udemzyudex:

How many years will it take to do that?

Get out of here jare.

You have to understand that this things take time and resources of which there is little.
Re: Power Supply Still Under 4,000MW, So What Has Buhari Done??? by udemzyudex(m): 6:02pm On Oct 14, 2018
olaNL:

You have to understand that this things take time and resources of which there is little.

Is it money or gas?

1 Like

Re: Power Supply Still Under 4,000MW, So What Has Buhari Done??? by olaNL: 6:05pm On Oct 14, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Only truthful comment here

Quoted by the nairaland famous butterfly. I always look out for your posts and comments. And really admire your entrepreneurship agribusiness approach.
Re: Power Supply Still Under 4,000MW, So What Has Buhari Done??? by olaNL: 6:09pm On Oct 14, 2018
udemzyudex:

Is it money or gas?

Mostly money. And even if there is money available, procurement, construction and installation takes time.
Re: Power Supply Still Under 4,000MW, So What Has Buhari Done??? by poiZon: 6:26pm On Oct 14, 2018
arsenalLUVA:
He hasn't spent $16 billion at least. If we're to vote him out, we should try maybe Donald Duke(Sdp). Not the same set of people who carried out the successful heist. Idiots!

donald shud try revive tinapa first before askng for our votes

1 Like

Re: Power Supply Still Under 4,000MW, So What Has Buhari Done??? by poiZon: 6:27pm On Oct 14, 2018
olaNL:

is this what he promised?

1 Like

Re: Power Supply Still Under 4,000MW, So What Has Buhari Done??? by udemzyudex(m): 6:27pm On Oct 14, 2018
olaNL:

Mostly money. And even if there is money available, procurement, construction and installation takes time.

Like how many years, cos I know we have money and gas.

I just think these people are not ready to fix the electricity problem we have in Nigeria, fashola already said it is not rocket science, I guess he is overwhelm by the powers in the system.

1 Like

Re: Power Supply Still Under 4,000MW, So What Has Buhari Done??? by poiZon: 6:28pm On Oct 14, 2018
RevenGeMission:
Power generation has increased very much , distribution is the problem, earlier this year or late last year , power generations stood at 7000 until collapse of grids, also i know for sure several power plants are being built by this administration, it can't be completed in a year or two weeks like some idiots think

A little patience is what we need to start seeing what's being achieved
whr n whr r they buildng these plants

1 Like

Re: Power Supply Still Under 4,000MW, So What Has Buhari Done??? by arsenalLUVA: 6:33pm On Oct 14, 2018
poiZon:

donald shud try revive tinapa first before askng for our votes

Did you just type that? Wth!
Re: Power Supply Still Under 4,000MW, So What Has Buhari Done??? by poiZon: 6:42pm On Oct 14, 2018
arsenalLUVA:

Did you just type that? Wth!
no ooo, wetin i type

1 Like

Re: Power Supply Still Under 4,000MW, So What Has Buhari Done??? by olaNL: 6:50pm On Oct 14, 2018
poiZon:

is this what he promised?

What was the promise and what were you expecting?
Re: Power Supply Still Under 4,000MW, So What Has Buhari Done??? by olaNL: 6:55pm On Oct 14, 2018
udemzyudex:

Like how many years, cos I know we have money and gas.

I just think these people are not ready to fix the electricity problem we have in Nigeria, fashola already said it is not rocket science, I guess he is overwhelm by the powers in the system.

From what I can perceive, I can say this government intend to deliver on this. I cannot give you a specific timeline because I don't have such information.
Re: Power Supply Still Under 4,000MW, So What Has Buhari Done??? by WhyMoD: 6:57pm On Oct 14, 2018
Buharis projects are too big that you cannot see them with ordinary eyes.. Lair Mohammed

2 Likes

Re: Power Supply Still Under 4,000MW, So What Has Buhari Done??? by poiZon: 7:34pm On Oct 14, 2018
olaNL:

What was the promise and what were you expecting?
24hrs a day power supply.
is that not what they promised?

1 Like

Re: Power Supply Still Under 4,000MW, So What Has Buhari Done??? by Ekitimadman1: 7:58pm On Oct 14, 2018
Are you comparing power supply now to years before Buhari became president

If Yes, then you are a clown.

"At least, At worst" I get 8 hours electricity per day. That is if there is problem with power supply.

We get 12 hours or more electricity per day now.

Please stop comparing life with death. After Yaradua, Buhari remain the best president.

someone said today that Thisday newspaper is against Buhari cause he collected GEJ loot from them. Now, I believe 100%

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Approved £17k For Dora Akunyili For Cancer Returned The Balance / Buhari Could Not Answer Why Former SGF Has Not Been Prosecuted / Pictures From Kano PDP Campaign Rally In Doguwa LGA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.