Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,157 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

If The Writers Of The Book Of Revelation Were Honest - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If The Writers Of The Book Of Revelation Were Honest (3313 Views)

Powerful Truths From The Book Of Revelation - Joseph Prince / Book Of Revelation / If The Writers Of Adam And Eve Were Honest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If The Writers Of The Book Of Revelation Were Honest by johnydon22(m): 7:07pm On Oct 15, 2018
nwabekeyi:
do you know that all the transition metals on earth today, from scandium to the actinides and lactinides were all from supernovas? we can't make such elements here on earth or in our sun based on the energy requirement for nuclear fusion reaction for such large element, it has to come from a star that went supernova and they all come from past supernovas. based on this, I believe that passage is right.

Beside that, every organic substance on earth today were fundamentally from the stars, the particles that made living things on earth were gotten previous supernovas.

True. This was before and not after planetary formation.

I explained this in my thread "Songs of the World"
Re: If The Writers Of The Book Of Revelation Were Honest by Blakjewelry(m): 7:17pm On Oct 15, 2018
nwabekeyi:
do you know that all the transition metals on earth today, from scandium to the actinides and lactinides were all from supernovas? we can't make such elements here on earth or in our sun based on the energy requirement for nuclear fusion reaction for such large element, it has to come from a star that went supernova and they all come from past supernovas. based on this, I believe that passage is right.

Beside that, every organic substance on earth today were fundamentally from the stars, the particles that made living things on earth were gotten previous supernovas.
yea but most of the stars that produces such elements you are referring to are from the early universe. in a recent science discussion to study how more advanced a civilization would be out there, it was discovered that no civilizations will billions of years ahead of us you know why? most of the stars from the early universe has shorter life and therefore a stars blowing up before the solar came into being hence the abundant of elements you are talking about. so most of elements are not from a recent supernova
Re: If The Writers Of The Book Of Revelation Were Honest by Hundredfold4lif(m): 7:37pm On Oct 15, 2018
johnydon22:

'And so, the stars rained down on earth like fig fruits falling from a tree covering one third of the earth'

Second scribe: (Peeks into the scroll of first scribe) Dude, you know stars are like very huge balls of burning gas, millions of times larger than the earth right?

First scribe: Really?

Second scribe: Yes.

First Scribe: See, don't think about this, just go with it.

Second Scribe: Where were we going with this whole book again?

First Scribe: Honestly, i have no idea from the part he ate a scroll.

Second scribe: Are people really going to believe this?

First Scribe: Haaaaa! You will be surprised my friend. Remember that guy Jonah who got swallowed by a fish and got vomitted 3 days later?

Second Scribe: OMG you are so right, people can believe some straight up crazy stuffs.

Baseless argument based on debased thinking!
Re: If The Writers Of The Book Of Revelation Were Honest by DoctorAlien(m): 7:43pm On Oct 15, 2018
How do you begin to debunk false imaginations about the Bible when the proponent of such a false imagination won't even state the verse of the Bible he quoted?
Re: If The Writers Of The Book Of Revelation Were Honest by Nobody: 8:13pm On Oct 15, 2018
Blakjewelry:

yea but most of the stars that produces such elements you are referring to are from the early universe. in a recent science discussion to study how more advanced a civilization would be out there, it was discovered that no civilizations will billions of years ahead of us you know why? most of the stars from the early universe has shorter life and therefore a stars blowing up before the solar came into being hence the abundant of elements you are talking about. so most of elements are not from a recent supernova
so what proof do you have that a supernova will not occur that will shower its dust on earth in the future, even if it means wiping out humanity?
Re: If The Writers Of The Book Of Revelation Were Honest by Nobody: 8:15pm On Oct 15, 2018
johnydon22:

True. This was before and not after planetary formation.

I explained this in my thread "Songs of the World"
so If in future, another super nova occurs and the dust from the supernova shower on earth and even wipe out humanity or destroy this planet, can we now say that this passage hasn't come to pass or doesn't make sense?
Re: If The Writers Of The Book Of Revelation Were Honest by johnydon22(m): 8:20pm On Oct 15, 2018
nwabekeyi:
so If in future, another super nova occurs and the dust from the supernova shower on earth and even wipe out humanity or destroy this planet, can we now say that this passage hasn't come to pass or doesn't make sense?

It will be less of dust raining on earth and more of earth getting blown off orbit
Re: If The Writers Of The Book Of Revelation Were Honest by Blakjewelry(m): 8:21pm On Oct 15, 2018
nwabekeyi:
so what proof do you have that a supernova will not occur that will shower its dust on earth in the future, even if it means wiping out humanity?
first the gamma ray blast from the initial explosion is rip earth and the solar apart it occur that close. secondly they are happening even as we speak but many times we can never know because they are very far off we only come across by chance. beside the bible was very clear about the stars. you guys has being the mouth piece and mind of god since time immemorial

1 Like

Re: If The Writers Of The Book Of Revelation Were Honest by johnydon22(m): 8:21pm On Oct 15, 2018
Hundredfold4lif:

Baseless argument based on debased thinking!

Technically, it is just a story not an argument
Re: If The Writers Of The Book Of Revelation Were Honest by Nobody: 8:24pm On Oct 15, 2018
Blakjewelry:

first the gamma ray blast from the initial explosion is rip earth and the solar apart it occur that close. secondly they are happening even as we speak but many times we can never know because they are very far off we only come across by chance. beside the bible was very clear about the stars. you guys has being the mouth piece and mind of god since time immemorial
irrespective of whether it will rip the earth apart, would the passage have come to pass if that happens?
Re: If The Writers Of The Book Of Revelation Were Honest by Nobody: 8:29pm On Oct 15, 2018
johnydon22:

It will be less of dust raining on earth and more of earth getting blown off orbit
good, now go back and read revelation from chapter till end and see that it is talking about the destruction of the earth in general.
Re: If The Writers Of The Book Of Revelation Were Honest by Blakjewelry(m): 12:04am On Oct 16, 2018
nwabekeyi:
irrespective of whether it will rip the earth apart, would the passage have come to pass if that happens?
revelation 12:4
His tail swept down a third of the stars of heaven and cast them to the earth.

revelation 6:13

and the stars in the sky fell to earth, as figs drop from a fig tree when shaken by a strong wind.

the answer to your question is No. I quoted those passage so you can see from the eyes of the writer, he or they are write actually thought the the stars are just some tiny spec in the sky
Re: If The Writers Of The Book Of Revelation Were Honest by CAPTIVATOR: 8:57am On Oct 16, 2018
johnydon22:

'And so, the stars rained down on earth like fig fruits falling from a tree covering one third of the earth'

Second scribe: (Peeks into the scroll of first scribe) Dude, you know stars are like very huge balls of burning gas, millions of times larger than the earth right?

First scribe: Really?

Second scribe: Yes.

First Scribe: See, don't think about this, just go with it.

Second Scribe: Where were we going with this whole book again?

First Scribe: Honestly, i have no idea from the part he ate a scroll.

Second scribe: Are people really going to believe this?

First Scribe: Haaaaa! You will be surprised my friend. Remember that guy Jonah who got swallowed by a fish and got vomitted 3 days later?

Second Scribe: OMG you are so right, people can believe some straight up crazy stuffs.

Revelation is very honest, if only you had paid attention to the opening details this thread won't have arise.

"
The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show unto his servants, even the things which must shortly come to pass: and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John; "
Revelation 1:1

Signified means to present something by symbols distinct from its actual meaning . You will find dragon with many heads etc in this Bible book , its a Representation of something as evident by the word " Signified ".
Re: If The Writers Of The Book Of Revelation Were Honest by johnydon22(m): 10:06am On Oct 16, 2018
CAPTIVATOR:

Revelation is very honest, if only you had paid attention to the opening details this thread won't have arise.

"
The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show unto his servants, even the things which must shortly come to pass: and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John; "
Revelation 1:1

Signified means to present something by symbols distinct from its actual meaning . You will find dragon with many heads etc in this Bible book , its a Representation of something as evident by the word " Signified ".

That is a wow shocked So much honesty
Re: If The Writers Of The Book Of Revelation Were Honest by Amujale(m): 12:37am On Oct 24, 2019
The bible's book of Revelation is fake.
Re: If The Writers Of The Book Of Revelation Were Honest by Amujale(m): 12:38am On Oct 24, 2019
All Abrahamic religious text are fake, false and counterintuitive.
Re: If The Writers Of The Book Of Revelation Were Honest by Amujale(m): 12:39am On Oct 24, 2019
The authors of the bible's 'book of revelation' are dubious and wholly untrustworthy.
Re: If The Writers Of The Book Of Revelation Were Honest by CodeTemplar: 1:32am On Oct 24, 2019
jesusjnr, u don get new acc?
Re: If The Writers Of The Book Of Revelation Were Honest by Nobody: 5:55am On Oct 24, 2019
CodeTemplar:
jesusjnr, u don get new acc?
What else would one expect from the same mammon worshipping fool who alleges I was the owner of the monikers of a homosexualist, a female, and EnthronedbyGod?

So no surprises there!
Re: If The Writers Of The Book Of Revelation Were Honest by elated177: 12:19pm On Oct 24, 2019
Job 38:1-3 Then YHVH spoke to Job out of the storm. He said: 'Who is this that obscures my plans with words without knowledge? Brace yourself like a man; I will question you, and you shall answer me.'
Re: If The Writers Of The Book Of Revelation Were Honest by elated177: 12:22pm On Oct 24, 2019
Job 38:19-20 What is the way to the abode of light? And where does darkness reside? Can you take them to their places? Do you know the paths to their dwellings?
Re: If The Writers Of The Book Of Revelation Were Honest by elated177: 12:31pm On Oct 24, 2019
Isaiah 40:25-26 'To whom will you compare me? Or who is my equal?' says the Set-apart One. Lift up your eyes and look to the heavens: who created all these? He who brings out the starry host one by one and calls forth each by name. Because of his great power and mighty strength, not one of them is missing.'
Re: If The Writers Of The Book Of Revelation Were Honest by elated177: 12:34pm On Oct 24, 2019
Johnnydon22, what causes thunder and lightning in the sky? Which one precedes the other?
Re: If The Writers Of The Book Of Revelation Were Honest by elated177: 12:37pm On Oct 24, 2019
Amujale:
The authors of the bible's 'book of revelation' are dubious and wholly untrustworthy.

Are you not dubious and completely untrustworthy?
Re: If The Writers Of The Book Of Revelation Were Honest by elated177: 12:38pm On Oct 24, 2019
Amujale:
All Abrahamic religious text are fake, false and counterintuitive.

And you, Amujale, think you are real, true and intuitive?
Re: If The Writers Of The Book Of Revelation Were Honest by elated177: 12:39pm On Oct 24, 2019
Amujale:
The bible's book of Revelation is fake.

What is your life, Amujale?
Re: If The Writers Of The Book Of Revelation Were Honest by johnydon22(m): 1:42pm On Oct 24, 2019
elated177:
Johnnydon22, what causes thunder and lightning in the sky? Which one precedes the other?

Is this question related to the thread? I don't understand.
Re: If The Writers Of The Book Of Revelation Were Honest by thundafire: 6:40pm On Oct 24, 2019
Is not dey physical stars u seeing I wonder how ur type dey understand
Re: If The Writers Of The Book Of Revelation Were Honest by elated177: 8:48pm On Oct 24, 2019
johnydon22:

Is this question related to the thread? I don't understand.

What is this thread about, johnydon22?

The questions are related to the premise of your thread.

Just answer them, johnnydon22.
Re: If The Writers Of The Book Of Revelation Were Honest by johnydon22(m): 10:28pm On Oct 24, 2019
elated177:

What is this thread about, johnydon22?

The questions are related to the premise of your thread.
I had to look at the OP again. Nope. Don't see it.

There isn't any correlation.

Just answer them, johnnydon22.

I'm still interested in knowing the connection with the OP
Re: If The Writers Of The Book Of Revelation Were Honest by CodeTemplar: 12:06am On Oct 25, 2019
jesusjnr:
What else would one expect from the same mammon worshipping fool who alleges I was the owner of the monikers of a homosexualist, a female, and EnthronedbyGod?

So no surprises there!
Delusion at work ^

1 Like

Re: If The Writers Of The Book Of Revelation Were Honest by Nobody: 5:17am On Oct 25, 2019
CodeTemplar:
Delusion at work ^
Fool without work.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Today Is World Atheist Day. NL Atheists How Did You Celebrate? / Has Your Child Ever Said Something To You That Shows Reincarnation? / Please Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.