Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,480 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

Akitu In A Cage - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akitu In A Cage (412 Views)

Court Awards ₦30M Against Marianne Ahmadu Ali For Locking Up Aide In Dog Cage / How I Was Put In Same Cage I Urinated In For 2 Days —man Detained By CCT Chair / President Buhari Is In A Cage! - Father Mbaka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Akitu In A Cage by JOHNEMMA1(m): 1:22am On Oct 15, 2018
State Affairs

ATIKU IN A CAGE

Wole Soyinka recently corroborated the story of how Obasanjo had to beg Atiku to retain the presidential ticket of the PDP in 2003. Atiku had the party in his pocket.
Soyinka spoke at a reading session in Lagos, to mark the presentation of his latest book, “Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?: Gani’s Unfinished Business”.

In his words:

“Before the PDP primaries in January 2003, Obasanjo got everyone he knew could reach me on the surface of the earth including Yemi Ogunbiyi and my son, to get me to help him intercede when it was clear that (Abubakar) Atiku was in a position to take his job”

“But I can confirm to you that Obasanjo as President knelt down before Atiku so that he would not lose his job”

He continues:

“But I warned Atiku that for making Obasanjo to kneel down for you, be sure you would have to pay heavily for that”

Did Obasanjo knee down to beg Atiku?
In a 2007 interview in the Nigerian Tribune, Atiku said it is not true Obasanjo knelt down for him.

In his words:

“It is not true the way people described it that I made the President kneel down for me. The president never knelt down for me”

Having won the 2003 election, Obasanjo, perhaps woke up to the humiliation of the 2003 begging of Atiku. The story is that Obasanjo always pays back like Soyinka suggested. In the book “A Paradise for Maggots” Wale Adebanwi describes Obasanjo as a man “widely and historically famous for his vindictive nature.”
When Obasanjo moved on his vice, it was not vindictiveness that was investigated. It was about corruption.

Chinua Achebe in his lifetime hoped for the redemption of a country with beleaguered reputation. He described Nigeria as a “den of thieves, replete with corrupt, uneducated political thugs and business hooligans.”
This was the Nigeria Obasanjo governed and Atiku wishes to control. Controlling the Nigerian state under the present condition means the use of instruments of violence and the massive deployment of agents of corruption and hate.

In the case of Atiku, it was only a matter of investigation before Obasanjo pinned corruption offenses on him. Obasanjo was sure to have something on his man. When the opportunity came, he grabbed it and ruffled Atiku.

The Jefferson scandal remains fresh...

https://web.facebook.com/StateAffairsNG/
Re: Akitu In A Cage by BabaRamota1980: 1:37am On Oct 15, 2018
APC are digging up archives, pulling and reviewing files on Atiku, NICOTES(which changed name and became Intels) and as well Jennifer Abubakar (alias Jummai Abubakar).

(1) (Reply)

Atiku’s Emergence And End Of The Road For Buhari By Farooq Kperogi / Atiku Promising To Restructure Nigerian Within 6 Months: A Campaign Gimmick? / BREAKING: Shehu Sani Resigns From APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.