Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,415 members, 7,819,493 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

Lady To Sue Four Points Lagos Hotel For Refusing Her To Lodge Without A Man - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lady To Sue Four Points Lagos Hotel For Refusing Her To Lodge Without A Man (36349 Views)

Airlines Sue Sirika As Nigeria Air Planes Arrive Today / Can You Stay In This Hotel For A Night If Offered Free Of Charge? / Man Calls Out Bolt (Taxify) For 'Stealing' From Him, Threatens To Sue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady To Sue Four Points Lagos Hotel For Refusing Her To Lodge Without A Man by Jokkarm2: 9:42am On Oct 15, 2018
beause if they allow you, you go dea go dee find client
Re: Lady To Sue Four Points Lagos Hotel For Refusing Her To Lodge Without A Man by jaxxy(m): 9:42am On Oct 15, 2018
sanpipita:

So what could be wrong with that? is it a crime of any magnitude? don't guys hire room and bring in girls, why is nobody saying its an embarrassment to decent men? your mentality sucks

It’s quite different. The men are out to have fun when they bring their gals/women. These gals are out to open shop and make money from customers.

1 Like

Re: Lady To Sue Four Points Lagos Hotel For Refusing Her To Lodge Without A Man by Orpe7(m): 9:44am On Oct 15, 2018
Frustrated olosho
When dem spoil ur biz u come dey shout.
Plenty hotel dey lagos go lodge another place and stop been dramatic
Re: Lady To Sue Four Points Lagos Hotel For Refusing Her To Lodge Without A Man by sanpipita(m): 9:47am On Oct 15, 2018
jaxxy:

It’s quite different. The men are out to have fun when they bring their gals/women. These gals are out to open shop and make money from customers.

I can't believe I'm actually going to argue this with some of you, why is an average Nigerian man very misogynistic, the girls men bring don't they pay them? why does it seem so wrong cos a woman is doing it, by the way nothing proves she is hiring room so male folks can visit her

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady To Sue Four Points Lagos Hotel For Refusing Her To Lodge Without A Man by sanpipita(m): 9:49am On Oct 15, 2018
bettercreature:
I dont blame you.You dont have an ambition or own a business so you are free to reason like a cockroach.Do you know the damages they will do to the room and the facilities if 3 to 5 guys use a room and its facilities per day?Do you think the 10k you collected for rent will be enough to repair or renovate it?

But a man bringing a ladies to use a room causes no damages? carry your wack mentality dey go

2 Likes

Re: Lady To Sue Four Points Lagos Hotel For Refusing Her To Lodge Without A Man by kolaaderin: 9:54am On Oct 15, 2018
dabrin:
Lady Threatens to Sue Lagos Hotel for Refusing her to Lodge Because she Didn't go with a Man.

Continue to read her post below!

News via Gistmore :: http://gistmore.com/lady-threatens-sue-lagos-hotel-refusing-lodge-go-man

The hotel definitely know what they are doing, the moment they allow olosho like her to be booking room without a man, that hotel becomes a brotel.
The olosho will book a room and would be waiting in the lounge to pick big men one by one on short time, a single girl could laid up to 10 men on one day hotel accommodation hence more and more of her kind would be doing same turning four point into high class olosho joint for short time and big men quickies.

2 Likes

Re: Lady To Sue Four Points Lagos Hotel For Refusing Her To Lodge Without A Man by BMZK: 9:55am On Oct 15, 2018
A friend of mine confided in me that he doesn't allow single ladies to lodge into his hotel because they convert the rooms for short time by bringing different men. They also allow their females friends to bring in their males customers turn by turn..

2 Likes

Re: Lady To Sue Four Points Lagos Hotel For Refusing Her To Lodge Without A Man by jaxxy(m): 9:56am On Oct 15, 2018
sanpipita:

I can't believe I'm actually going to argue this with some of you, why is an average Nigerian man very misogynistic, the girls men bring don't they pay them? why does it seem so wrong cos a woman is doing it, by the way nothing proves she is hiring room so male folks can visit her

Is the woman paying the men who visit her or are the men paying her? Paying for a service is different from people paying u for a service in this situation. It’s not about male of female bt whoever gets the room shudnt run their alternative service there.
Re: Lady To Sue Four Points Lagos Hotel For Refusing Her To Lodge Without A Man by ajl: 9:59am On Oct 15, 2018
EgunMogaji:
This is an interesting subject for me and I have a question for lawyers on board.

In the US we as business owners have the right to refuse service to anyone except:

“The entire United States is covered by the Federal Civil Rights Act of 1964, which prohibits discrimination by privately owned places of public accommodation on the basis of race, color, religion or national origin. Places of “public accommodation” include hotels, restaurants, theaters, banks, health clubs and stores. ”

Is there something similar in Nigeria’s constitution?

Thanks.

The Act you put up there is incomplete. Where is "Gender" in the Act?

2 Likes

Re: Lady To Sue Four Points Lagos Hotel For Refusing Her To Lodge Without A Man by Tallesty1(m): 10:00am On Oct 15, 2018
backnbeta:

Doesn't make sense if that's the case. In my line of work, attending local and international conferences is not negotiable and regardless of your gender, you are expected to get your accommodation. I find this story very strange, though not totally unbelievable... This is Nigeria!
In hotels, the rights of admission are reserved. It is not a Nigerian thing, it is same in many countries. This lady has no case at all.

There was a hotel I wanted to use in PH sometime ago and their policy is that two men don't share a room. We were three and my plan was to get a room for myself and a room for two of my boys but they refused and I am sure they've their good reason.

The lady stated that she has been using the said hotel so there must be a good reason why she was refused. Back then when I still dey do "boy boy", we will book hotels on 25 of every December and tell the management to ensure that no "oga" in that area is allowed to enter the hotel that day. Only apprentice and other "boy boy" like myself dey use the hotel that day.

In some hotels in Abuja here, some ladies will book rooms and stand by the door to flaunt what they have to whoever passes their way. Some will just go to the bar, buy a bottle of drink and spend the rest of the night looking for who to seduce. Things like these are the reason the managerial team will decided to deny single ladies room because allowing them is bad for business.

2 Likes

Re: Lady To Sue Four Points Lagos Hotel For Refusing Her To Lodge Without A Man by ajl: 10:07am On Oct 15, 2018
eyeview:

I know a very popular hotel in vi. Most clients have stopped patronizing the hotel because high class prostitutes will come in and buy a drink or two and then spend the rest of the day luring men and harrassing men. Its so bad that sometimes these girls will raise money to book a room and once in, they will be offering themselves to any man they see at the corridor, bar, elevator, pool side etc. Sadly, the men find it embarrassing.
So most hotels try to curtail this by at least ensuring that the women there on a date with a man won't be such.

Without a proof it is still illegal to deny her use of room in hotel. Based on what you stated, it would be possible to get cctv footage of any olosho girl luring men in an hotel and then use that as a basis to deny only those captured on the tape. Not every ladies that turn up there. When Chinese hotels in a particular region of China denied all Africans use of the hotels because of few African-origin fraudsters, Nigerians were everywhere condemning China.

1 Like

Re: Lady To Sue Four Points Lagos Hotel For Refusing Her To Lodge Without A Man by backnbeta(f): 10:09am On Oct 15, 2018
Tenn88:
what's this one saying? Is the hotel her house or her work place? If they didn't allow her, she should simply go to another hotel. Na by force? All these feminists, ehn
You had to start with an insult? Why would a standard hotel deny a guest lodging because of her gender? Does the fact that I find this absurd make me a feminist? Online stupidity is a very real problem. Unfortunately, one without any real consequence undecided
Re: Lady To Sue Four Points Lagos Hotel For Refusing Her To Lodge Without A Man by backnbeta(f): 10:21am On Oct 15, 2018
Tallesty1:
In hotels, the rights of admission are reserved. It is not a Nigerian thing, it is same in many countries. This lady has no case at all.

There was a hotel I wanted to use in PH sometime ago and their policy is that two men don't share a room. We were three and my plan was to get a room for myself and a room for two of my boys but they refused and I am sure they've their good reason.

The lady stated that she has been using the said hotel so there must be a good reason why she was refused. Back then when I still dey do "boy boy", we will book hotels on 25 of every December and tell the management to ensure that no "oga" in that area is allowed to enter the hotel that day. Only apprentice and other "boy boy" like myself dey use the hotel that day.

In some hotels in Abuja here, some ladies will book rooms and stand by the door to flaunt what they have to whoever passes their way. Some will just go to the bar, buy a bottle of drink and spend the rest of the night looking for who to seduce. Things like these are the reason the managerial team will decided to deny single ladies room because allowing them is bad for business.
You are right; provided it's their policy. Unfortunately, the lady claimed to have been 'using' this hotel prior to this incident. In other words, 'customer daada ni'. If there is a change in policy, the hotel should notify their customers at the reception or simply tell prospective lone female lodgers the rooms are fully booked. I know of some hotels who will not allow two females or unmarried female lodgers, I am just surprised it happens in this part of the country too.

Legally, I doubt she has a case. Besides, the management could have denied her lodging based on other factors aside her gender.
Re: Lady To Sue Four Points Lagos Hotel For Refusing Her To Lodge Without A Man by millhouse: 10:21am On Oct 15, 2018
Olalan:
How would a standard hotel like four points refuse entry to a lady because she isn't with a man? Quite unbelievable.
BTW she seems to be a regular caller there just maybe she has a bad record with them.
make them turn the place to short time .. creatures of the night these days will gather themselves , rent one room in a choice hotel and start bringing men in to do shortime ,before you know it the hotel name go don cast .
Re: Lady To Sue Four Points Lagos Hotel For Refusing Her To Lodge Without A Man by bluefilm: 10:24am On Oct 15, 2018
Smile4daddy:
Why must she go to there without a man?

That's because she's a lesbian.

Simple and short.
Re: Lady To Sue Four Points Lagos Hotel For Refusing Her To Lodge Without A Man by yirox: 10:26am On Oct 15, 2018
SUCH IS LIFE NOTING IS NEW UNDER HEAVEN
Re: Lady To Sue Four Points Lagos Hotel For Refusing Her To Lodge Without A Man by Nobody: 10:28am On Oct 15, 2018
i have never heard where a hotel refuses to lidge a alady, this can only happen in 2 instances,
1 she is under aged
2 she is a prostitutte.
Re: Lady To Sue Four Points Lagos Hotel For Refusing Her To Lodge Without A Man by Partnerbiz(f): 10:32am On Oct 15, 2018
kolaaderin:

Read this
The hotel definitely know what they are doing, the moment they allow olosho like her to be booking room without a man, that hotel becomes a brotel.
The olosho will book a room and would be waiting in the lounge to pick big men one by one on short time, a single girl could laid up to 10 men on one day hotel accommodation hence more and more of her kind would be doing same turning four point into high class olosho joint for short time and big men quickies.

The hotel reserve the right to know your profile before given accommodation and if not convincing enough, you could be rejected.

Your riposte is akin to saying we should ban airplane because of crashes.

The fact that such incident could occur does not justify the rejection.
And why would they ask him to go bring a man if they wanted the place to be holy?

She will win their ass in court.

1 Like

Re: Lady To Sue Four Points Lagos Hotel For Refusing Her To Lodge Without A Man by scantee(m): 10:35am On Oct 15, 2018
backnbeta:

Doesn't make sense if that's the case. In my line of work, attending local and international conferences is not negotiable and regardless of your gender, you are expected to get your accommodation. I find this story very strange, though not totally unbelievable... This is Nigeria!

The truth is this not new, I have been into many hotels in Abuja where women is not allowed in without being signed by a man, even to come to the bar to drink you must come with a man, this mostly happens in top hotels, I remember I once invited a cousin sister of mine to see me in an hotel somewhere around Asokoro in Abuja last year, they denied her access to the hotel except I come down from my room to sign her in.

So I doubt the girl will win the hotel management as the has become a trend amongst hotels already.
Re: Lady To Sue Four Points Lagos Hotel For Refusing Her To Lodge Without A Man by Amacaco: 10:38am On Oct 15, 2018
The constitution of Nigeria clearly states that no one should be discriminated against on grounds of sex, tribe, religion or other grounds. She can sue if she has the time and money. The Hotel's policy is unconstitutional and breach of her fundamental human right.
Re: Lady To Sue Four Points Lagos Hotel For Refusing Her To Lodge Without A Man by backnbeta(f): 10:39am On Oct 15, 2018
scantee:

The truth is this not new, I have been into many hotels in Abuja where women is not allowed in without being signed by a man, even to come to the bar to drink you must come with a man, this mostly happens in top hotels, I remember I once invited a cousin sister of mine to see me in an hotel somewhere around Asokoro in Abuja last year, they denied her access to the hotel except I come down from my room to sign her in.

So I doubt the girl will win the hotel management as the has become a trend amongst hotels already.
Hmmmm...that's serious
Re: Lady To Sue Four Points Lagos Hotel For Refusing Her To Lodge Without A Man by Saff(f): 11:17am On Oct 15, 2018
generationz:
The only thing most nairalanders guys would be able to call her is olosho because "hotel" was mentioned
Honestly, this site is becoming more misogynistic as the days go by. I just get irritated reading comments these days, slowly losing interest.
Re: Lady To Sue Four Points Lagos Hotel For Refusing Her To Lodge Without A Man by consultancy: 11:24am On Oct 15, 2018
the hotel is right on this because they know u want to lodge there while carrying out ur olosho business, bringing different men in and out of the hotel and causing trouble for them. any girl going to lodge in a hotel alone is using that place as a hideout for her olosho work
Re: Lady To Sue Four Points Lagos Hotel For Refusing Her To Lodge Without A Man by meforyou1(m): 11:26am On Oct 15, 2018
Birdyclear:
For her mind she be believes in feminism , the hotel will win her then sue back and win her , sue her again and win... Afterall they don't have a vacant room at that time she wan trend small Joor nothing more...
she didnt go to lodge, she went for drinks according to her story. the headline is misleading
Re: Lady To Sue Four Points Lagos Hotel For Refusing Her To Lodge Without A Man by meforyou1(m): 11:29am On Oct 15, 2018
mods, the headline is misleading. she went there to have a drink, not lodge. pls modify
Re: Lady To Sue Four Points Lagos Hotel For Refusing Her To Lodge Without A Man by Tenn88: 11:41am On Oct 15, 2018
backnbeta:

You had to start with an insult? Why would a standard hotel deny a guest lodging because of her gender? Does the fact that I find this absurd make me a feminist? Online stupidity is a very real problem. Unfortunately, one without any real consequence undecided
I had to, because you are a confirmed mumu grin
Re: Lady To Sue Four Points Lagos Hotel For Refusing Her To Lodge Without A Man by backnbeta(f): 12:02pm On Oct 15, 2018
Tenn88:
I had to, because you are a confirmed mumu grin
Anonymity truly breeds irresponsibility undecided
Re: Lady To Sue Four Points Lagos Hotel For Refusing Her To Lodge Without A Man by Nobody: 12:33pm On Oct 15, 2018
eyeview:

I know a very popular hotel in vi. Most clients have stopped patronizing the hotel because high class prostitutes will come in and buy a drink or two and then spend the rest of the day luring men and harrassing men. Its so bad that sometimes these girls will raise money to book a room and once in, they will be offering themselves to any man they see at the corridor, bar, elevator, pool side etc. Sadly, the men find it embarrassing.
So most hotels try to curtail this by at least ensuring that the women there on a date with a man won't be such.
apparently she was asked to present work ID which she might not have or could not be attached to any legal means of income. No be island "those" babes full.

1 Like

Re: Lady To Sue Four Points Lagos Hotel For Refusing Her To Lodge Without A Man by Nobody: 12:38pm On Oct 15, 2018
ajl:

Without a proof it is still illegal to deny her use of room in hotel. Based on what you stated, it would be possible to get cctv footage of any olosho girl luring men in an hotel and then use that as a basis to deny only those captured on the tape. Not every ladies that turn up there. When Chinese hotels in a particular region of China denied all Africans use of the hotels because of few African-origin fraudsters, Nigerians were everywhere condemning China.
if you can't be attached to any means of income, No I.D, you can be denied. There is no case here really.
Re: Lady To Sue Four Points Lagos Hotel For Refusing Her To Lodge Without A Man by FisifunKododada: 1:31pm On Oct 15, 2018
ipobarecriminals:
embarassed *pass her fisifun-kododada num*

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Lady To Sue Four Points Lagos Hotel For Refusing Her To Lodge Without A Man by marvinsync(m): 3:53pm On Oct 15, 2018
dabrin:
Lady Threatens to Sue Lagos Hotel for Refusing her to Lodge Because she Didn't go with a Man.

Continue to read her post below!

News via Gistmore :: http://gistmore.com/lady-threatens-sue-lagos-hotel-refusing-lodge-go-man

nonsense story

there's something that's not being said , didn't she just say she's been going there? how did she get in before?

and how can a hotel have a policy of no single women allowed? , since when?

attention seeker

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

President Buhari Launches 10-Year Validity E-passport / Swedish Fighter Jet Crashes After Colliding With Birds / What Is Your Dream Country To Travel To And Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.