Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,969 members, 7,817,843 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:03 PM

Sokoto, Jigawa, Rivers, Ebonyi Are Capitals Of Poverty, Unemployment ― NBS - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sokoto, Jigawa, Rivers, Ebonyi Are Capitals Of Poverty, Unemployment ― NBS (44003 Views)

Rivers, Ebonyi, Anambra, Lagos And Kebbi Top States’ 2021 Fiscal Performance / Christmas: Address Insecurity, Poverty, Unemployment, PFN Tells FG / Again, Rivers, Ebonyi Community Clashes Claim 20 Persons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sokoto, Jigawa, Rivers, Ebonyi Are Capitals Of Poverty, Unemployment ― NBS by deomelo: 9:52pm On Oct 15, 2018
River's state budget for 2017 was N470bn

Osun state's budget for 2017 was N146bn

River's budget was 3 times larger than Osun state, bu Osun delivered more infrastructures than Rivers ten times over and while Osun invested heavily in human development, employed thousands of farmers, transporters, cooks and food vendors to support the food feeding program, hired thousands of O-Yes workers, Wike did not invest in his own people, hence large-scale unemployment, restlessness and wholesale cultism.

Osun is 2nd in Human Capital development so why are we surprised that they have the lowest unemployment and poverty rate in Nigeria and even at the top of all the indexes in Nigeria.

Money Wells pent.

Yes, they borrowed to invest in infrastructure and their people, but they are reaping the benefits today

The fact that Osun state is an agrarian society means they are not at the mercy of white-collar job-related employment and unemployment fluctuations

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sokoto, Jigawa, Rivers, Ebonyi Are Capitals Of Poverty, Unemployment ― NBS by Westbestside: 9:55pm On Oct 15, 2018
ignant:

The tribune report is written by a Yoruba, let me guess you agree with it?

Don't quote me with your ignorance again.
Who reported to tribune. Is it not what you blow into trumpet that trumpet will blow out. An igbo man gave the report. His name was mentioned in yhe report.

1 Like

Re: Sokoto, Jigawa, Rivers, Ebonyi Are Capitals Of Poverty, Unemployment ― NBS by deomelo: 10:14pm On Oct 15, 2018
Westbestside:
Who reported to tribune. Is it not what you blow into trumpet that trumpet will blow out. An igbo man gave the report. His name was mentioned in yhe report.

Tribune sef is a PDP affiliated media outlet

1 Like

Re: Sokoto, Jigawa, Rivers, Ebonyi Are Capitals Of Poverty, Unemployment ― NBS by Nobody: 10:17pm On Oct 15, 2018
deomelo:

Unfortunately for you, they don't compute and compile such stats based on shallow and layman argument about rents.

Log off and go read a book. General standard of living is one of the indices used to arrive at this list by meaningful organisations and it won't be wrong to include rents. Rivers State being capital of poverty is laughable 'cause even those of you on this thread don't believe it. Apart from Lagos, mention one State in the West that's doing better than Rivers in all ramifications? Take your wack list to one side abeg! Arant nonsense!
Re: Sokoto, Jigawa, Rivers, Ebonyi Are Capitals Of Poverty, Unemployment ― NBS by ayobamiakinrind(m): 10:18pm On Oct 15, 2018
Cajal:
All presidents from 1999....will not go unpunished

You're right, simply because Nigeria was birthed in 1999.
Re: Sokoto, Jigawa, Rivers, Ebonyi Are Capitals Of Poverty, Unemployment ― NBS by omokab: 10:36pm On Oct 15, 2018
richidinho:
hahahahahaha...APC sponsored report

they are getting so desperate by the day

Borno, Yobe, Kogi and zamfara that i av visited are richer than Rivers?

thunder fire APC propaganda machine

the way you are getting likes with this your stypid comment shows that Igbos have no common sense at all. No wonder you are supporting atiku wothout any concrete reason. Why can't you read and understand the topic before making a comment. Or take it to the nearest house for explanation?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sokoto, Jigawa, Rivers, Ebonyi Are Capitals Of Poverty, Unemployment ― NBS by mbagideon(m): 10:44pm On Oct 15, 2018
totit:

No my brother. It's a sign of ignorance or lack of nutritional education and that's why the links contradict each other. grin

Maybe you should pick up your dictionary now.
Obviously, the purchasing or spending power is there.

Re: Sokoto, Jigawa, Rivers, Ebonyi Are Capitals Of Poverty, Unemployment ― NBS by buhariguy(m): 10:55pm On Oct 15, 2018
Anigreat:

shocked

Zombie zombie I'm begging you don't quote me again this early morning, i don't want to have a bad day.
bad day will never depart from the jobless aggressive lazy idiotic pigs of bia-fra terrorist as they are atikulating
Re: Sokoto, Jigawa, Rivers, Ebonyi Are Capitals Of Poverty, Unemployment ― NBS by nijabazaar: 11:02pm On Oct 15, 2018
deomelo:

See ignorance. So, you basically mean the SW is poor and even poorer than the same poor and unproductive ipob villages that you can not wait to run away from.

There are clear differences between nutritional choices, what you feed tour kids and poverty, they are not even related.

That publication is from UNDP not from Ipob...
Re: Sokoto, Jigawa, Rivers, Ebonyi Are Capitals Of Poverty, Unemployment ― NBS by totit: 11:03pm On Oct 15, 2018
[quote author=mbagideon post=72122550][/quote]

Did you even read the screen shot at all and my last response to you.
Dude, you just proved me right. Please , read the screen you with an open mind devoid of sentiment this time.

And mind you, every word has two or different meanings. You failed to understand that your screen shot differs from the specific meaning that was giving in the article.
It varies my friend as Nigeria is not a war torn country.

Looool grin
Re: Sokoto, Jigawa, Rivers, Ebonyi Are Capitals Of Poverty, Unemployment ― NBS by escodotman: 11:10pm On Oct 15, 2018
okuneddie:

Bros I don't know about other states but you can live fine with a salary of 15k in Osun. while I was schooling there in ede, I can cook soup of N300
I don't know what year you schooled there but I guess the time you are refering to was during Jonathan's time, not now that prices have doubled and even trippled. And if you schooled in Osogbo, the case is even different entirely.
Re: Sokoto, Jigawa, Rivers, Ebonyi Are Capitals Of Poverty, Unemployment ― NBS by escodotman: 11:12pm On Oct 15, 2018
aztec007:

Mr Man check the definition of inflation. When the say inflation is going down it means PRICES ARE STILL RISING but the RATE OF THE RISE IS REDUCING!
Ignorance at full display. Check your dictionary, or rather consult your Economics teacher, then give me feedback.
Re: Sokoto, Jigawa, Rivers, Ebonyi Are Capitals Of Poverty, Unemployment ― NBS by totit: 11:14pm On Oct 15, 2018
I can't figure out why a sane and some so called educated people will come out in the open comparing an health conditions with poverty ratio. Do they even tally at all Even your screen shot states health condition

grin

1 Like

Re: Sokoto, Jigawa, Rivers, Ebonyi Are Capitals Of Poverty, Unemployment ― NBS by wellmax(m): 11:14pm On Oct 15, 2018
deomelo:

See ignorance and illiteracy.
. Two in one combo
Re: Sokoto, Jigawa, Rivers, Ebonyi Are Capitals Of Poverty, Unemployment ― NBS by meccuno: 11:45pm On Oct 15, 2018
futuregovernor:
Is a new week. Plz borrow sence from ur neighbor
grin grin grin

Re: Sokoto, Jigawa, Rivers, Ebonyi Are Capitals Of Poverty, Unemployment ― NBS by deomelo: 12:14am On Oct 16, 2018
GrabHisBalls:
Log off and go read a book. General standard of living is one of the indices used to arrive at this list by meaningful organisations and it won't be wrong to include rents. Rivers State being capital of poverty is laughable 'cause even those of you on this thread don't believe it. Apart from Lagos, mention one State in the West that's doing better than Rivers in all ramifications? Take your wack list to one side abeg! Arant nonsense!

1. Low rent rate means low cost of living which = Better standard of living and quality of life. This is why Osun is always at the top.

2. Rent's, abundance of rental units and high rent rates mean poor and very low rate of home ownership in that society which is a sign of low income and lack of funds to buy and build homes.

3. Your high rent argument is basically you agreeing with the report in favor of Osun state because when high rent is not part of your daily worries and headache and there's zero need for rental properties or even a high rent situation, it means you have a roof over your head, it means a large portion of your society are homeowners, it means you are not stressing over accommodation, it means they don't have rental and real estate shortages to drive up cost.

4. High rent rate in any economy and society means a low supply of rental units and a rental market responding to basic tenets of supply and demand and not because the society is rich. This is economics 101 and basic common sense.

5. The issue here is even high unemployment rate which = Hgh misery index so if you are going to argue based on the topic, you should just go ahead and show us your own facts that they don't have the highest unemployment rate in Rivers state.

Stay on topic and quit derailing the thread with your irrelevant rent argument that's not even helping your argument.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sokoto, Jigawa, Rivers, Ebonyi Are Capitals Of Poverty, Unemployment ― NBS by Walamu(m): 12:54am On Oct 16, 2018
Restructure
Re: Sokoto, Jigawa, Rivers, Ebonyi Are Capitals Of Poverty, Unemployment ― NBS by budusky05(m): 3:29am On Oct 16, 2018
deomelo:

PMB is your useless, incompetent and corrupt village governors collecting your taxes and allocations and doing nothing with it?

It's a new week pls borrow sense from you neighbor.

Or format your brain.
Re: Sokoto, Jigawa, Rivers, Ebonyi Are Capitals Of Poverty, Unemployment ― NBS by deomelo: 4:15am On Oct 16, 2018
[s]
budusky05:

It's a new week pls borrow sense from you neighbor.

Or format your brain.
[/s]

PMB is your useless, incompetent and corrupt village governors collecting your taxes and allocations and doing nothing with it?

1 Like

Re: Sokoto, Jigawa, Rivers, Ebonyi Are Capitals Of Poverty, Unemployment ― NBS by jafol(m): 5:50am On Oct 16, 2018
escodotman:
I don't know what year you schooled there but I guess the time you are refering to was during Jonathan's time, not now that prices have doubled and even trippled. And if you schooled in Osogbo, the case is even different entirely.
Pls if the price have doubled abeg park to the east to get ur better life and leave osun for us y
Omoluabis

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sokoto, Jigawa, Rivers, Ebonyi Are Capitals Of Poverty, Unemployment ― NBS by BALLOSKI: 7:19am On Oct 16, 2018
richidinho:

when the same NBS brought out reports that tarnished the image of this administration , they were right. I don't know who sponsored that. You people select what to believe due to your chronic hypocrisy and we want teach you , some headless mods here will take that as insult and ban us.

The indices used is not based on oil wells, it's about the population and their purchasing parity and jobs creation. Don't be surprised rivers is there - they're too lazy and focused on oil thereby not creating jobs for the youths.

If somebody in kogi earning 18k can rent an apartment and feed, and someone earning 50k in rivers is far from this, then the person in rivers is poor and the kogi guy is in comfort. Get the logic?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sokoto, Jigawa, Rivers, Ebonyi Are Capitals Of Poverty, Unemployment ― NBS by oneast: 7:27am On Oct 16, 2018
Rivers? Please check again
Re: Sokoto, Jigawa, Rivers, Ebonyi Are Capitals Of Poverty, Unemployment ― NBS by escodotman: 7:33am On Oct 16, 2018
jafol:

Pls if the price have doubled abeg park to the east to get ur better life and leave osun for us y
Omoluabis
Typical of a zombie, suffering and smilling! Enemies of a better Nigeria. Zombiesm
Re: Sokoto, Jigawa, Rivers, Ebonyi Are Capitals Of Poverty, Unemployment ― NBS by daxalexdino: 8:48am On Oct 16, 2018
God Almighty save us all
Re: Sokoto, Jigawa, Rivers, Ebonyi Are Capitals Of Poverty, Unemployment ― NBS by mfm04622: 10:24am On Oct 16, 2018
richidinho:

You really have no idea the work NBS does and how foreign agencies rely on their data. They can't afford to mess up. Please don't discredit this organisation again just because you don't like the news they bear

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sokoto, Jigawa, Rivers, Ebonyi Are Capitals Of Poverty, Unemployment ― NBS by maasoap(m): 3:21pm On Oct 16, 2018
richidinho:

That shows that Rivers State revenue is being mismanaged. Simple
Re: Sokoto, Jigawa, Rivers, Ebonyi Are Capitals Of Poverty, Unemployment ― NBS by maasoap(m): 3:27pm On Oct 16, 2018
GrabHisBalls:

Read:

deomelo:
River's state budget for 2017 was N470bn

Osun state's budget for 2017 was N146bn

River's budget was 3 times larger than Osun state, bu Osun delivered more infrastructures than Rivers ten times over and while Osun invested heavily in human development, employed thousands of farmers, transporters, cooks and food vendors to support the food feeding program, hired thousands of O-Yes workers, Wike did not invest in his own people, hence large-scale unemployment, restlessness and wholesale cultism.

Osun is 2nd in Human Capital development so why are we surprised that they have the lowest unemployment and poverty rate in Nigeria and even at the top of all the indexes in Nigeria.

Money Wells pent.

Yes, they borrowed to invest in infrastructure and their people, but they are reaping the benefits today

The fact that Osun state is an agrarian society means they are not at the mercy of white-collar job-related employment and unemployment fluctuations

Nice one
Re: Sokoto, Jigawa, Rivers, Ebonyi Are Capitals Of Poverty, Unemployment ― NBS by jafol(m): 9:23pm On Oct 16, 2018
escodotman:
Typical of a zombie, suffering and smilling! Enemies of a better Nigeria. Zombiesm
Dude the only people complaining about suffering are ibos. There will be better Nigeria when u people have your biafra, so the rest of the country can rest and progress. With ibos, count one Nigeria out. You people r looking for power also to put other tribes under ur noose.
Re: Sokoto, Jigawa, Rivers, Ebonyi Are Capitals Of Poverty, Unemployment ― NBS by mamawin(f): 9:29pm On Oct 16, 2018
okuneddie:

Bros I don't know about other states but you can live fine with a salary of 15k in Osun. while I was schooling there in ede, I can cook soup of N300
Since when? Not again oo
Re: Sokoto, Jigawa, Rivers, Ebonyi Are Capitals Of Poverty, Unemployment ― NBS by okuneddie(m): 9:58pm On Oct 16, 2018
mamawin:
Since when? Not again oo
wow shocked
mamawin:
Since when? Not again oo
wow
Re: Sokoto, Jigawa, Rivers, Ebonyi Are Capitals Of Poverty, Unemployment ― NBS by budusky05(m): 11:50pm On Oct 16, 2018
[quote author=deomelo post=72125118][s][/s]

[[[s]s]b]PMB is your useless, incompetent and corrupt village governors collecting your taxes and allocations and doing nothing with it?[/b][/quote[/s]]
[/s]
You what have you done since 1999?
Re: Sokoto, Jigawa, Rivers, Ebonyi Are Capitals Of Poverty, Unemployment ― NBS by escodotman: 5:45am On Oct 18, 2018
jafol:

Dude the only people complaining about suffering are ibos. There will be better Nigeria when u people have your biafra, so the rest of the country can rest and progress. With ibos, count one Nigeria out. You people r looking for power also to put other tribes under ur noose.
Almajiri I can see that you are not aware of happenings in Nigeria at all due to that cattle-infested place you are holed up in the north. They say Nigeria has become the country with the highest number of poor people in the world, and millions of people have lost their jobs since Buhari came in. Are all the poor people and those who lost their jobs Ibos?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Jubilation In Zamfara As INEC Removes APC From Ballot / Bloomberg - US Think Tank Calls Buhari "Baba Go Slow" / Hindatu Umar Assumes Office As Arugungu LGA Chairperson (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.