Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,783 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans (3023 Views)

Bishop Kukah Dances To 'Buga’ Song At His 70th Birthday Celebration (Pix, Video) / Dr. Becky Enenche's Birthday Celebration At Dunamis (Photos) / Paul Enenche 50th Birthday Celebration: More Photos Of Osinbajo, Oyedepo, Anyim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans by Nobody: 8:09am On Oct 15, 2018
The day of my birth was something i once used to eagerly anticipate, because of course i saw it to be my day, which usually came with its own benefits, especially the material and monetary gifts that came with it.

But this all changed instinctively one day without my planning it. And it came on the subsequent birthday after God had taught me via a song he'd given me that it was all about him which completely transformed my orientation and kick started a new phase in my walk with him.

Now what happened was that what used to be a normal for me turned abnormal, for my sister who was with me felt that she owed me a gift because of that, so she said lamented that she didn't have any money to get me anything. But my response to her was what if it was my birthday and she couldn't get me anything, and why was that such a a big deal anyway.

But though my response was very unusual it really moved my sis and she was able acknowledge that something had really changed in me.
Re: Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans by Nobody: 5:10pm On Oct 15, 2018
And it was even much later that i got to see that one of my best friends was killed because someone was celebrating his birthday, even the fore runner of Jesus called John the Baptist.

This really disgusted me even more concerning birthday celebrations for that birthday celebration provided an opportunity for someone who had long wanted him dead to have her wish. And then you have the celebrant who was a king feeling sorry but was said to have felt he had to do it because of the guests he had invited over to celebrate his birthday with him.

This gave me further reasons to believe that I was right concerning birthday celebrations, and strengthened my position that it was a self-centered observation and something that I couldn't afford at the level of my walk with God where it was all about him.

And pride is a very useful tool in the hands of Satan to achieve his aims such as was observed in the beginning when he deceived man for man's pride was at the center of it all, and it goes without saying that pride was also responsible for Satan's fall as well.
Re: Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans by Nobody: 8:39am On Oct 17, 2018
Today you see the period of the so called celebration of Jesus birthday by most of the church such as it is this nation being associated with surges in crimes thefts and immorality etc. that even though it is said to be the celebration of the birth of Jesus it is being observed as the most dangerous period of the year, speaking of the ember months.

Not that Jesus had anything to do with it, even though it is said be done because of him, for it wasn't on his instruction. And knowing the kind of person that he was I'm pretty certain that he would not have been part of the observation if he were here present.

There are certainly some benefits it brings to his cause as it keeps his name in the public consciousness, as it could lead to people coming to know him towards their getting saved. However overall it appears to be doing more harm than good, as despite that it's said to be Jesus birthday, those who are not Jesus tend observe it as it were their own birthday celebrations that makes it to become the moment where covetousness amongst other vices are at its highest in every single calendar year.

And I don't think that this is unassociated with the spirit of pride that comes with birthday celebrations. I am well aware that this is a very lonely place to be in and that i would hardly have anyone on board with me on this issue, even with respect to the church as the celebration of even the church leaders are usually observed as a high occasion.

And I'm not saying that it is a bad thing in itself, but that those who claim to love God should ask themselves the question if the celebration of their birthdays is really done for God and in thanksgiving to him as they claim it to be and not for self? If not then they should be weary of such. For Satan fell because of pride, man fell because of pride, that's why there are certain extent of things that God would not be able to entrust you with and also a certain level of walk with God that you would never be able to attain, except you do away with the things of pride and self.

Hence Jesus said:

"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, take up his cross, and follow me." Matt 16:24.(KJV).

Therefore unless you do that, regardless of who you are, whether you have the biggest church building on earth or command the most following, you will never be able to walk at the level that Jesus did.
Re: Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans by Nobody: 8:35am On Oct 26, 2018
Anyone out there of the church who thinks otherwise, that it is indeed a God-centered and selfless observation that they are truly celebrating to thank God as they claim for sparing their lives? I'm sorry to toy with something egoistic which so many of the church hold so dearly. But if they truly know who my master Jesus whom they call their Lord was, then they would know that such was very characteristic of him, even to bust people's bubbles as such. Therefore they shouldn't expect anything less from someone who claims to be his disciple. #nomercyforthedevilsworks
Re: Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans by OneJ: 9:42am On Oct 26, 2018
jesusjnr:
Today you see the period of the so called celebration of Jesus birthday by most of the church such as it is this nation being associated with surges in crimes thefts and immorality etc. that even though it is said to be the celebration of the birth of Jesus it is being observed as the most dangerous period of the year, speaking of the ember months.

Not that Jesus had anything to do with it, even though it is said be done because of him, for it wasn't on his instruction. And knowing the kind of person that he was I'm pretty certain that he would not have been part of the observation if he were here present.

There are certainly some benefits it brings to his cause as it keeps his name in the public consciousness, as it could lead to people coming to know him towards their getting saved. However overall it appears to be doing more harm than good, as despite that it's said to be Jesus birthday, those who are not Jesus tend observe it as it were their own birthday celebrations that makes it to become the moment where covetousness amongst other vices are at its highest in every single calendar year.

And I don't think that this is unassociated with the spirit of pride that comes with birthday celebrations. I am well aware that this is a very lonely place to be in and that i would hardly have anyone on board with me on this issue, even with respect to the church as the celebration of even the church leaders are usually observed as a high occasion.

And I'm not saying that it is a bad thing in itself, but that those who claim to love God should ask themselves the question if the celebration of their birthdays is really done for God and in thanksgiving to him as they claim it to be and not for self? If not then they should be weary of such. For Satan fell because of pride, man fell because of pride, that's why there are certain extent of things that God would not be able to entrust you with and also a certain level of walk with God that you would never be able to attain, except you do away with the things of pride and self.

Hence Jesus said:

"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, take up his cross, and follow me." Matt 16:24.(KJV).

Therefore unless you do that, regardless of who you are, whether you have the biggest church building on earth or command the most following, you will never be able to walk at the level that Jesus did.

Galatians 4:8-11 . 2 Cor 6:14-18.
Re: Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans by Nobody: 5:39am On Oct 27, 2018
"For Herod had laid
hold on John, and
bound him, and put him in prison for Herodias' sake, his
brother Philip's wife. For John said unto
him, It is not lawful
for thee to have her. And when he would
have put him to
death, he feared the
multitude, because
they counted him as
a prophet. But when Herod's
birthday was kept,
the daughter of
Herodias danced
before them, and
pleased Herod. Whereupon he
promised with an
oath to give her
whatsoever she
would ask. And she, being
before instructed of
her mother, said,
Give me here John
Baptist's head in a
charger. And the king was
sorry: nevertheless
for the oath's sake,
and them which sat
with him at meat, he
commanded it to be given her. And he sent, and
beheaded John in
the prison. And his head was
brought in a charger,
and given to the
damsel: and she
brought it to her mother. And his disciples
came, and took up
the body, and buried
it, and went and told
Jesus." Mt 14:3-12(KJV).
Re: Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans by alBHAGDADI: 6:49am On Oct 27, 2018
This one has been deceived by Jehovah's Witnesses. I was deceived too.

So, because some men in the Bible did horrible things on the day they were celebrating their birthday, I shouldn't celebrate my own birthday?

Which scripture teaches against Birthdays or are you people speaking when the Bible didn't speak?

Herod who killed John the Baptist wore clothes. Why are you still wearing clothes today?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans by Nobody: 10:14am On Oct 27, 2018
A tool in Satan's hands.
Re: Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans by OneJ: 9:25pm On Oct 27, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

So, because some men in the Bible did horrible things on the day they were celebrating their birthday, I shouldn't celebrate my own birthday?

Which scripture teaches against Birthdays or are you people speaking when the Bible didn't speak?

Herod who killed John the Baptist wore clothes. Why are you still wearing clothes today?

Give him scriptural proof that birthday celebration was practiced by pre- Christian men of faith or first century Christians.
Else, noise making takes U nowhere....

The real issue at stake is : Was birthday celebration a practice of pre-christian men of faith/ first Christian practice ?

Starting from Abel to John the Baptizer, then from Christ to the end of the first century CE, did all these men of faith coincidentally forgot to celebrate their birthdays ?
Re: Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans by OneJ: 9:39pm On Oct 27, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

1) Give him scriptural proof that birthday celebration was practiced by pre- Christian men of faith or first century Christians. Did your Bible say birthday celebration was practiced by Christians ?
Your noise making takes U nowhere....

2) The real issue at stake is : Was birthday celebration a practice of pre-christian men of faith/ first Christian practice ?

3) Starting from Abel to John the Baptizer, then from Christ to the end of the first century CE, did all these men of faith forget to celebrate their birthdays by coincidence?

4) What fellowship does light have with darkness? 2 Cor 6:14-18.
Matter wey your Bible no give U even one Christian example to follow, but pagan example dey, na the way wey pagans they do their worship U go copy ?
Re: Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans by alBHAGDADI: 6:36am On Oct 28, 2018
OneJ:

1) Give him scriptural proof that birthday celebration was practiced by pre- Christian men of faith or first century Christians. Did your Bible say birthday celebration was practiced by Christians ?
Your noise making takes U nowhere....

2) The real issue at stake is : Was birthday celebration a practice of pre-christian men of faith/ first Christian practice ?

3) Starting from Abel to John the Baptizer, then from Christ to the end of the first century CE, did all these men of faith forget to celebrate their birthdays by coincidence?

4) What fellowship does light have with darkness? 2 Cor 6:14-18.
Matter wey your Bible no give U even one Christian example to follow, but pagan example dey, na the way wey pagans they do their worship U go copy ?

1.) Nowhere is it recorded that Christians celebrated birthdays, neither is it recorded that they didn't. We are not to speak where the Bible remains silent. If you choose to dislike and never celebrate birthdays, that's fine by me. Just don't criticize me for holding such days in high esteem.

Romans 14:5

One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day
alike . Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

Saying we shouldn't celebrate birthdays is the same as adding a verse to the Bible which it never contains. Did early Christians use microphones, TV? No. Then why are you using them today?

2.) Just because some evil men like Pharaoh and Herod did horrible things on their birthday doesn't mean birthdays have now become an evil practice. There are so many things which we have copied from the heathens. Not everything about them is bad or evil. When we see a good thing, we copy it because we are all humans and there is no Bible verse against such practice. Do Jehovah's Witnesses wear wedding rings? Yes they do. Don't they know that it was copied from Pagans? Which pre-christian men of faith or early Christian can you say wore wedding rings? Yet Jehovah's Witnesses are not complaining but go about wearing one. Isn't that hypocrisy?

3. So I have to totally live my life like Abel, John the Baptist and other early Christians without even forging a bit of my own path? If so, how come you are not a shepherd like Abel or eating locust and wild honey while you live in the wilderness like John the Baptist?

Like I said, just because no godly man was recorded to have celebrated his birthday doesn't mean it is bad. The birthday of Jesus Christ was celebrated by angels who rejoiced in the sky when they appeared before some shepherds. That's why we celebrate Christmas today which has become a period of joy when people hear about Jesus.

Imagine a woman who was barren for 40 years now giving birth to a boy. You expect her not to celebrate each time it's the boy's birthday? You expect her not to celebrate the boy's birthday which is also her day of joy worth remembering, simply because Jehovah's Witnesses said so and not the Bible?

If you don't want to celebrate birthdays, fine. But don't go about criticizing those that do, because you have no Bible verse against such.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans by OneJ: 1:17pm On Oct 29, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

1.) Nowhere is it recorded that Christians celebrated birthdays, neither is it recorded that they didn't. We are not to speak where the Bible remains silent. If you choose to dislike and never celebrate birthdays, that's fine by me. Just don't criticize me for holding such days in high esteem.

Romans 14:5

One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day
alike . Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

Saying we shouldn't celebrate birthdays is the same as adding a verse to the Bible which it never contains. Did early Christians use microphones, TV? No. Then why are you using them today?

2.) Just because some evil men like Pharaoh and Herod did horrible things on their birthday doesn't mean birthdays have now become an evil practice. There are so many things which we have copied from the heathens. Not everything about them is bad or evil. When we see a good thing, we copy it because we are all humans and there is no Bible verse against such practice. Do Jehovah's Witnesses wear wedding rings? Yes they do. Don't they know that it was copied from Pagans? Which pre-christian men of faith or early Christian can you say wore wedding rings? Yet Jehovah's Witnesses are not complaining but go about wearing one. Isn't that hypocrisy?

3. So I have to totally live my life like Abel, John the Baptist and other early Christians without even forging a bit of my own path? If so, how come you are not a shepherd like Abel or eating locust and wild honey while you live in the wilderness like John the Baptist?

Like I said, just because no godly man was recorded to have celebrated his birthday doesn't mean it is bad. The birthday of Jesus Christ was celebrated by angels who rejoiced in the sky when they appeared before some shepherds. That's why we celebrate Christmas today which has become a period of joy when people hear about Jesus.

Imagine a woman who was barren for 40 years now giving birth to a boy. You expect her not to celebrate each time it's the boy's birthday? You expect her not to celebrate the boy's birthday which is also her day of joy worth remembering, simply because Jehovah's Witnesses said so and not the Bible?

If you don't want to celebrate birthdays, fine. But don't go about criticizing those that do, because you have no Bible verse against such.

1) LIAR.
The Bible's account of birthdays celebration was confirmed by secular history to be SOLID FACT.

"Due to its belief .... and THE FACT THAT early BIRTHDAYS WERE TIED TO PAGAN gods, the Christian Church considered birthday celebration evil for the first few hundred years of it's existence"

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/4227366
("Why you get to celebrate your birthday...." by Todd Van Luling).

U can't twist historical fact to suit your whim.
Actually, U are the one adding to the scriptures because what the men of faith &first century Christians rightly condemned & forbade as evil , U now polish it and claimed it is good with endorsement.
Isaiah 5:20,21.

2) Yahweh commanded the use of ornaments (gold, copper, silver etc) for true worship in His holy temple . Exodus chapters 25 & 37.
(Mumu sense done claim Yahweh "copied it from pagans".). Na. hypocrisy to carry for head wetin Christ no approve for U wey dey form Christian.

3) The Christ like way of life (which shuns birthdays celebration) no do U? So ,U need to copy pagan customs to validate your life ? Issoryt!!!!!! Yimu.

4) The angels informed the Shepherds that Christ was born in Bethlehem (Luke 2:8-13).but never celebrated Jesus birthday.
(Birthday celebrations is the annual festivities to mark the anniversary of the day on which a person was born).
Angels never celebrated Jesus birthday. No dull yourself.
It's always a thing of joy & happiness when a child is born.
The gospel truth is, the annual celebration of birthdays was never a Christian practice but embedded with paganism..
Re: Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans by alBHAGDADI: 2:12pm On Oct 29, 2018
OneJ:

1) LIAR.
The Bible's account of birthdays celebration was confirmed by secular history to be SOLID FACT.

"Due to its belief .... and THE FACT THAT early BIRTHDAYS WERE TIED TO PAGAN gods, the Christian Church considered birthday celebration evil for the first few hundred years of it's existence"

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/4227366
("Why you get to celebrate your birthday...." by Todd Van Luling).

U can't twist historical fact to suit your whim.
Actually, U are the one adding to the scriptures because what the men of faith &first century Christians rightly condemned & forbade as evil , U now polish it and claimed it is good with endorsement.
Isaiah 5:20,21.

2) Yahweh commanded the use of ornaments (gold, copper, silver etc) for true worship in His holy temple . Exodus chapters 25 & 37.
(Mumu sense done claim Yahweh "copied it from pagans".). Na. hypocrisy to carry for head wetin Christ no approve for U wey dey form Christian.

3) The Christ like way of life (which shuns birthdays celebration) no do U? So ,U need to copy pagan customs to validate your life ? Issoryt!!!!!! Yimu.

4) The angels informed the Shepherds that Christ was born in Bethlehem (Luke 2:8-13).but never celebrated Jesus birthday.
(Birthday celebrations is the annual festivities to mark the anniversary of the day on which a person was born).
Angels never celebrated Jesus birthday. No dull yourself.
It's always a thing of joy & happiness when a child is born.
The gospel truth is, the annual celebration of birthdays was never a Christian practice but embedded with paganism..

1.) Where is it written that early Christians considered birthday to be evil? You think you can just make spurious claims and get away with it. As a matter of fact, it is not what the early Christians believed that matters but what the Bible teaches. Some early Christians we're heretics. Are you now saying we are to follow their every move because they were early Christians? You want us to ignore the Bible and follow their doctrines of men which they are passing off as commandment of God.

Mathew 15:9

But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

You quoted a link which says birthdays started with Egypt. How are you so sure that the blogger who wrote that article didn't base his findings on what the Bible accounted of Pharaoh? Did he exist in those days?

I ask, where did Christians condemn birthdays as evil and with what Bible verse did they back their claims?

2.) God commanded the use of gold and ornament for worship in his temple doesn't equate to Him commanding the use of wedding rings. Wedding rings were worn by Pagans from which the culture was borrowed, but Jehovah's Witnesses aren't complaining cos they wear it too. How come they are now offended by birthday party borrowed from the same Pagans? Is it everything pagans do that is sinful? Most food we eat we learnt to prepare them from the pagans.

3.) Make yourself clear

Quote bible verses against Birthdays or shit up. If you can't, then it means you are teaching the doctrines of men as the commandment of God.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans by OneJ: 3:58pm On Oct 29, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

1.) Where is it written that early Christians considered birthday to be evil? You think you can just make spurious claims and get away with it. As a matter of fact, it is not what the early Christians believed that matters but what the Bible teaches. Some early Christians we're heretics. Are you now saying we are to follow their every move because they were early Christians? You want us to ignore the Bible and follow their doctrines of men which they are passing off as commandment of God.

Mathew 15:9

But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

You quoted a link which says birthdays started with Egypt. How are you so sure that the blogger who wrote that article didn't base his findings on what the Bible accounted of Pharaoh? Did he exist in those days?

I ask, where did Christians condemn birthdays as evil and with what Bible verse did they back their claims?

2.) God commanded the use of gold and ornament for worship in his temple doesn't equate to Him commanding the use of wedding rings. Wedding rings were worn by Pagans from which the culture was borrowed, but Jehovah's Witnesses aren't complaining cos they wear it too. How come they are now offended by birthday party borrowed from the same Pagans? Is it everything pagans do that is sinful? Most food we eat we learnt to prepare them from the pagans.

3.) Make yourself clear

Quote bible verses against Birthdays or shit up. If you can't, then it means you are teaching the doctrines of men as the commandment of God.

1) The info as to the origin of birthdays celebration is in the public domain.
U are just grasping at straws ,very mumuish attitude.
U no dey shame U dey quote Matt15:9. Lol. U are very dishonest & shamelessly so.
Your fellow birthday peddler dey tell U say birthdays na pagan custom, ,yet your arrogance & lie lie dey show face.

U dey follow the doctrine & command of men who fixed a date for Christ's birthday( "in the hopes of recruiting those already celebrating the Roman holiday of saturnalia"wink to endorse your own. Matt 15:9 nab U for hand & leg.

2) "It is not what early Christians believed that matters but what the Bible teaches... Some early Christians were heretics.".
Yet, your Bible no teach U say birthday is Christian practice.
U no go fit mention ONLY one scripture where your Bible speak well of birthdays. Or give example of a man of faith or any first century Christian who celebrated it.

3). Only half baked Christians look for concise, clear cut injunctions on every matter.
The Christ like principle is shun birthdays. Christ did, his followers did. Men of faith did. The Scriptural principles already well established for Christians speak against birthday celebrations (Genesis 40:20. Matt14:1-12. Galatians 4:8-11. 2 Cor 6:14-18.
(BTW,John was beheaded simply for speaking the truth, not because of Herod's birthday).

4) Yahweh never condemned the use of ornaments. Your submission lacks substance.
Re: Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans by vaxx: 6:21pm On Oct 29, 2018
So some christain too are also of the opinion that birthday.should not be celebrate. I thought it is only peculiar to some muslim only. Na wah ooolll

1 Like

Re: Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans by OneJ: 7:15pm On Oct 29, 2018
vaxx:
So some christain too are also of the opinion that birthday.should not be celebrate. I thought it is only peculiar to some muslim only. Na wah ooolll

Pls do research on the origin of birthdays celebration & understand what it really is...
Re: Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans by vaxx: 7:24pm On Oct 29, 2018
OneJ:

Pls do research on the origin of birthdays celebration & understand what it really is...
let me start the research from you. What is the origin of birthday?
Re: Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans by alBHAGDADI: 8:18pm On Oct 29, 2018
OneJ:

U no dey shame U dey quote Matt15:9. Lol. U are very dishonest & shamelessly so.
Your fellow birthday peddler dey tell U say birthdays na pagan custom, ,yet your arrogance & lie lie dey show face.

U dey follow the doctrine & command of men who fixed a date for Christ's birthday( "in the hopes of recruiting those already celebrating the Roman holiday of saturnalia"wink to endorse your own. Matt 15:9 nab U for hand & leg.

2) "It is not what early Christians believed that matters but what the Bible teaches... Some early Christians were heretics.".
U no go fit mention ONLY one scripture where your Bible speak well of birthdays. Or give example of a man of faith or any first century Christian who celebrated it.

3). Only half baked Christians look for concise, clear cut injunctions on every matter.
The Christ like principle is shun birthdays. Christ did, his followers did. Men of faith did. The Scriptural principles already well established for Christians speak against birthday celebrations (Genesis 40:20. Matt14:1-12. Galatians 4:8-11. 2 Cor 6:14-18.
(BTW,John was beheaded simply for speaking the truth, not because of Herod's birthday).

4) Yahweh never condemned the use of ornaments. Your submission lacks substance.

1.) I keep telling you that there are tonnes of pagan customs which we borrowed because they are good. I gave you wedding ring as an example. If you can't see anything wrong with wedding ring, I wonder why you see anything wrong in birthdays.

Funny you. Nobody said Christmas is a commandment of God, neither did they say it is compulsory. You can choose to not celebrate it. But don't go about castigating those who do because you have no Bible verse to support your stance. The moment you start to go hard against it, as if the Bible kicks against it, is when you start to teach such doctrine of men as commandment of God.

2.) The Bible didn't say birthday celebration is a Christian practice, neither did it say it is not. The Bible also never in any way speak ill of birthdays. Just because it spoken of how Pharaoh and Herod did horrible things on their birthdays doesn't mean the Bible has condemned or spoken ill of birthdays. Herod and Pharaoh wore clothes on their birthdays, we should all stop wearing clothes too.

Just because the Bible doesn't mention one man of faith observing birthday doesn't mean we shouldn't celebrate it. The Bible never mentioned microphones , yet we use them.

3.) Nowhere is it written that we shouldn't celebrate birthdays. Just cos it isn't record that the apostles celebrated birthday doesn't mean they were against it. If they were against it, we would see clear scriptures against it. Stop teaching doctrines of men as commandment of God.

4.) Stop being shady. So you mean Christian girls can hang nose rings and anklets of all kinds?

Okay, God never condemned the use of ornaments. But you still agree that the use of what we call wedding rings was borrowed from Pagans. Nowhere is it written that we should wear wedding rings. Why are you Jehovah's witnesses wearing wedding ring which is a borrowed culture from Pagans which the Bible never ordered specifically?
Re: Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans by OneJ: 2:12pm On Oct 30, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

1.) I keep telling you that there are tonnes of pagan customs which we borrowed because they are good. I gave you wedding ring as an example. If you can't see anything wrong with wedding ring, I wonder why you see anything wrong in birthdays.

Funny you. Nobody said Christmas is a commandment of God, neither did they say it is compulsory. You can choose to not celebrate it. But don't go about castigating those who do because you have no Bible verse to support your stance. The moment you start to go hard against it, as if the Bible kicks against it, is when you start to teach such doctrine of men as commandment of God.

2.) The Bible didn't say birthday celebration is a Christian practice, neither did it say it is not. The Bible also never in any way speak ill of birthdays. Just because it spoken of how Pharaoh and Herod did horrible things on their birthdays doesn't mean the Bible has condemned or spoken ill of birthdays. Herod and Pharaoh wore clothes on their birthdays, we should all stop wearing clothes too.

Just because the Bible doesn't mention one man of faith observing birthday doesn't mean we shouldn't celebrate it. The Bible never mentioned microphones , yet we use them.

3.) Nowhere is it written that we shouldn't celebrate birthdays. Just cos it isn't record that the apostles celebrated birthday doesn't mean they were against it. If they were against it, we would see clear scriptures against it. Stop teaching doctrines of men as commandment of God.

4.) Stop being shady. So you mean Christian girls can hang nose rings and anklets of all kinds?

Okay, God never condemned the use of ornaments. But you still agree that the use of what we call wedding rings was borrowed from Pagans. Nowhere is it written that we should wear wedding rings. Why are you Jehovah's witnesses wearing wedding ring which is a borrowed culture from Pagans which the Bible never ordered specifically?

1) Whose command, examples, customs is being copied by the practice of birthdays celebration, Christian or pagan ? Who fixed christmas,annual birthday celebrations,God or men?
If U still get conscience trained by God's word the Bible, let it be your judge .

2). Even your lie..
" The Bible also never in any way speak ill of birthdays" no go remove the truth in Genesis 40:20. Matt 14:1-12 . Galatians 4:8-11.
Who celebrated, "observed particular days,and months and seasons and years" which Christ or the Bible did not approve ?
Pagans off course !
Throughout the Bible from Genesis to Revelation,"God said" , "Yahweh spoke", Jesus replied".... these expressions of communication were recorded. For the modern man, microphone is an accessory of communication. God communicates all the time. Nothing wrong about it.

3) Shameless liar with sophistry. The annual celebration of birthdays has paganism stamped all over it. The Bible & secular history agrees on that.
Receive sense.

4) U are the one being shady , nose rings & anklets is not birthday celebrations which this thread is about.
U wan derail this thread ?
Re: Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans by alBHAGDADI: 8:20pm On Oct 30, 2018
OneJ:

1) Whose command, examples, customs is being copied by the practice of birthdays celebration, Christian or pagan ? Who fixed christmas,annual birthday celebrations,God or men?
If U still get conscience trained by God's word the Bible, let it be your judge .

2). Even your lie..
" The Bible also never in any way speak ill of birthdays" no go remove the truth in Genesis 40:20. Matt 14:1-12 . Galatians 4:8-11.
Who celebrated, "observed particular days,and months and seasons and years" which Christ or the Bible did not approve ?
Pagans off course !
Throughout the Bible from Genesis to Revelation,"God said" , "Yahweh spoke", Jesus replied".... these expressions of communication were recorded. For the modern man, microphone is an accessory of communication. God communicates all the time. Nothing wrong about it.

3) Shameless liar with sophistry. The annual celebration of birthdays has paganism stamped all over it. The Bible & secular history agrees on that.
Receive sense.

4) U are the one being shady , nose rings & anklets is not birthday celebrations which this thread is about.
U wan derail this thread ?

1.) First and foremost, birthdays are no command. Yes, we can say it is an example of Pharaoh whom is the first person to celebrate his birthday in the Bible. Now, aren't there other examples one can learn from that Pharaoh? That Pharaoh whom you paint as evil still did lots of good. Remember he housed the children of Israel who were God's people and even gave them land. That is a good example for all mankind. We can't throw the baby away with the bath water. Pharaoh was bad but he had some good qualities. We learn from the good and discard the bad.

As for customs, there are tonnes of pagan customs which we Christians have imbibed. First and foremost, before you label those people as pagans, you must know that they are humans first. It's not as if their every action involves worship of false god.

Yes, the Bible is my judge and it never says we should not celebrate birthdays.

2.) Genesis 40:20
And it came to pass the third day, which was Pharaoh's birthday, that he made a feast unto all his servants: and he lifted up the head of the chief butler and of the chief baker among his servants.

The above verse is talking about what Pharaoh did on his birthday. It in no way states that birthdays are wrong or evil. Just cos Pharaoh murdered someone on his birthday doesn't mean that is what happens on birthdays. The verse in no way condemns birthdays. Stop speaking where the Bible never spoke.

If you had read further, you would have seen that it wasn't only evil Pharaoh did. He also did good in that he restored his buttler back to his position.

Genesis 40:21
And he restored the chief butler unto his butlership again; and he gave the cup into Pharaoh's hand:

I can't even say Pharaoh did evil. What the Pharaoh did to the baker was simply judgment for an offence he committed. He only chose to pardon one and punish the other by killing him, a thing I believe he deserved.

Genesis 40:1
And it came to pass after these things, that the butler of the king of Egypt and his baker had OFFENDED their lord the king of Egypt.

But here you are trying to paint pharaoh's actions as totally evil and even using it to stain birthday celebrations. I can even say the Pharaoh did more good and no evil. The Baker got what he deserved, but the Butler got pardoned which is a good act from Pharaoh. That good act led to Joseph being made assistant Pharaoh to the point where the children of Israel we're saved from famine as they took refuge in Egypt. If Pharaoh had not thrown a birthday party, the gift of Joseph won't have filtered into his ears.

Mathew 14:1-12 also doesn't speak against birthdays. It's just about Herod doing something evil which happened to happen on his birthday. It's not as if murdering a person is a custom associated with birthdays.

I doubt you understand the passage in Galatians.

3. ) I don't know about secular history, but I can state that the Bible never said birthdays are a pagan customs and that we must abstain from such. That's why you havent been able to show me one single verse of such.

4.) I'm not derailing the thread. I'm glad we both agree that wedding rings are borrowed from pagan customs. If you also say birthdays are borrowed from Pagans, how come you wear wedding rings but kick against birthdays? Aren't suppose to kick against both? Can you now see how hypocritical you are?

1 Like

Re: Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans by Nobody: 10:07pm On Oct 30, 2018
Yeah... You're actually making one sense bro which is NONsense..
Re: Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans by OneJ: 1:29pm On Oct 31, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

1.) First and foremost, birthdays are no command. Yes, we can say it is an example of Pharaoh whom is the first person to celebrate his birthday in the Bible. Now, aren't there other examples one can learn from that Pharaoh? That Pharaoh whom you paint as evil still did lots of good. Remember he housed the children of Israel who were God's people and even gave them land. That is a good example for all mankind. We can't throw the baby away with the bath water. Pharaoh was bad but he had some good qualities. We learn from the good and discard the bad.

As for customs, there are tonnes of pagan customs which we Christians have imbibed. First and foremost, before you label those people as pagans, you must know that they are humans first. It's not as if their every action involves worship of false god.

Yes, the Bible is my judge and it never says we should not celebrate birthdays.

2.) Genesis 40:20
And it came to pass the third day, which was Pharaoh's birthday, that he made a feast unto all his servants: and he lifted up the head of the chief butler and of the chief baker among his servants.

The above verse is talking about what Pharaoh did on his birthday. It in no way states that birthdays are wrong or evil. Just cos Pharaoh murdered someone on his birthday doesn't mean that is what happens on birthdays. The verse in no way condemns birthdays. Stop speaking where the Bible never spoke.

If you had read further, you would have seen that it wasn't only evil Pharaoh did. He also did good in that he restored his buttler back to his position.

Genesis 40:21
And he restored the chief butler unto his butlership again; and he gave the cup into Pharaoh's hand:

I can't even say Pharaoh did evil. What the Pharaoh did to the baker was simply judgment for an offence he committed. He only chose to pardon one and punish the other by killing him, a thing I believe he deserved.

Genesis 40:1
And it came to pass after these things, that the butler of the king of Egypt and his baker had OFFENDED their lord the king of Egypt.

But here you are trying to paint pharaoh's actions as totally evil and even using it to stain birthday celebrations. I can even say the Pharaoh did more good and no evil. The Baker got what he deserved, but the Butler got pardoned which is a good act from Pharaoh. That good act led to Joseph being made assistant Pharaoh to the point where the children of Israel we're saved from famine as they took refuge in Egypt. If Pharaoh had not thrown a birthday party, the gift of Joseph won't have filtered into his ears.

Mathew 14:1-12 also doesn't speak against birthdays. It's just about Herod doing something evil which happened to happen on his birthday. It's not as if murdering a person is a custom associated with birthdays.

I doubt you understand the passage in Galatians.

3. ) I don't know about secular history, but I can state that the Bible never said birthdays are a pagan customs and that we must abstain from such. That's why you havent been able to show me one single verse of such.

4.) I'm not derailing the thread. I'm glad we both agree that wedding rings are borrowed from pagan customs. If you also say birthdays are borrowed from Pagans, how come you wear wedding rings but kick against birthdays? Aren't suppose to kick against both? Can you now see how hypocritical you are?

U still no want to receive sense....
Half baked Christians search for precise scriptures "Pharaoh thou art pagan, thou shalt not celebrate birthdays "

Gal 4:8-11 is crystal clear for everyone to understand.
Perhaps U no go understand Eccl 7:1, the message is too strong for birthdays celebrating apologists.

" The ancient world of Egypt, Greece, Rome and Persia celebrated the birthdays of gods, kings and nobles"
Encyclopedia Americana (1991)

"The early Christians did not celebrate his (Christ's) birthday because they considered the celebration of anyone's birth to be a pagan custom"
The World Book Encyclopedia (3:416).

" The highest of all holidays in the Satanic Religion is the day of one's own birthday"
- Anton LaVey.
https://www.sermonaudio.com/new_details.asp?ID=18841

If na Pharaoh, King Herod, Satanists go be your role model, (not Christ, not his apostles and not men of faith) , feel free to make your choice.
Case closed.
Re: Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans by alBHAGDADI: 2:06pm On Oct 31, 2018
OneJ:

U still no want to receive sense....
Half baked Christians search for precise scriptures "Pharaoh thou art pagan, thou shalt not celebrate birthdays "

Gal 4:8-11 is crystal clear for everyone to understand.
Perhaps U no go understand Eccl 7:1, the message is too strong for birthdays celebrating apologists.

" The ancient world of Egypt, Greece, Rome and Persia celebrated the birthdays of gods, kings and nobles"
Encyclopedia Americana (1991)

"The early Christians did not celebrate his (Christ's) birthday because they considered the celebration of anyone's birth to be a pagan custom"
The World Book Encyclopedia (3:416).

" The highest of all holidays in the Satanic Religion is the day of one's own birthday"
- Anton LaVey.
https://www.sermonaudio.com/new_details.asp?ID=18841

If na Pharaoh, King Herod, Satanists go be your role model, (not Christ, not his apostles and not men of faith) , feel free to make your choice.
Case closed.
Now, in all the rubbish you quoted or referrenced, which one of them states that the Bible said we shouldn't celebrate birthdays?

You are just speaking where the Bible remained silent. Now you are looking for worldly people to speak for you.

Man keep shut and leave those who want to celebrate to celebrate. Holier than thou heretic.

1 Like

Re: Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans by OneJ: 4:07pm On Oct 31, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
Now, in all the rubbish you quoted or referrenced, which one of them states that the Bible said we shouldn't celebrate birthdays?

You are just speaking where the Bible remained silent. Now you are looking for worldly people to speak for you.

Man keep shut and leave those who want to celebrate to celebrate. Holier than thou heretic.

Your insults mean nothing to me. The truth is too bitter for you to accept.. Na your problem be that.
Case closed.
Shalom
Re: Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans by Nobody: 10:15am On Nov 07, 2018
Birthday celebration may not be a sin in itself but...
Re: Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans by Nobody: 11:40am On Nov 07, 2018
OneJ:

You haven't proven beyond reasonable doubt that birthday shouldn't be celebrated. All you said are doctrinal issues no scriptural standing condemning the celebration of birthday. You are your analogy from pagan celebration but you have refused to pin your stand against birthday with a direct scripture. Hence all your assertion are null and void as they are sentimental not scriptural.

1 Like

Re: Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans by Originakalokalo(m): 2:53pm On Nov 07, 2018
We should be careful of what we teach here.

God bless you all.

1 Like

Re: Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans by Originakalokalo(m): 2:53pm On Nov 07, 2018
If I have the means, I will celebrate my birthday IN FULLNESS. It is for thanking God.

If I don't, I will thank God all the same. While I wait for better days ahead.

As for Christmas, that period is just too special.

I will continue to celebrate the son of the most high God.

We should be careful of what we teach here.

Having a wrong believe to one's self is different, misleading others in this regard is very dangerous.

God help us all.

1 Like

Re: Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans by Nobody: 2:32pm On Nov 08, 2018
Jesus said:

"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, take up his cross, and follow me." Mt 16:24.(KJV)
Re: Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans by Originakalokalo(m): 3:14pm On Nov 08, 2018
jesusjnr:
Jesus said:

"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, take up his cross, and follow me." Mt 16:24.(KJV)

Do you know the meaning of that?

1 Like

Re: Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans by jom28gy(m): 3:38pm On Nov 08, 2018
True talk

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans by Nobody: 4:43pm On Nov 08, 2018
Originakalokalo:

Do you know the meaning of that?
Thanks for your concern but don't worry about me for I'm in a perfect place. I'd already taken cognizance of you from the very moment you posted on my thread regarding Satan agents on this section, for you were the second of the first two other posts there and though I responded to the first, I ignored yours.

And do you know why? Because I was not here for mediocre stuff but things that were spiritually deep.

For even though I had initially thought about responding to a valid point you made about how such ones just invade the place to distract from spiritually relevant posts, the other things like prayer, fire, this that, I wanted to let you know you needed a spiritual upgrade from the level you are if you want to be challenging Satan as I do, for it's not just by shouting Holy Ghost fire at any opportunity!

Jesus gave Satan the greatest defeat he's ever faced from any man, and Jesus wasn't shouting Holy Ghost fire all over the place, but he did it by obedience and praying the right way.

So my brother for your own good go and learn how to pray first from Jesus amongst other things, before you think that you have arrived and can now challenge Satan!

So I'm not at all surprised that you disagree with me concerning my position on birthday celebrations, for it takes a very high level of spirituality to be able to discern these things.

So my friend enjoy your birthday celebrations as you have purposed to, for this is just an advice and not by force, as you can see by the post that came immediately after yours!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jehovah's Witnesses Did not make Any Prophecy On Corona Virus / Cameroonpride / 7 Types Of Repentance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 159
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.